Tomorrow, on December 8th, we’ll open up the starting line for the Sparrow Racing League. Like any self-respecting protector of humanity, you have questions about how this fun-loving event will reward your participation with rewards that will let you customize your character – and maybe even become more powerful in the process. Before the checkered flag begins to wave, we have answers.
As always, the Tower is your central hub in Destiny. For the next three weeks, two of the vendors you’ve come to know will have new offerings that will reward your participation in the Sparrow Racing League event. Before their inventories change in the December Update, here’s a preview of what you can expect from them.
For all you Sparrow lovers out there, Amanda Holliday has always been your dealer. Sparrow Racing League will be her event. She’ll grant access to all players of Destiny: The Taken King, who will earn rewards as they cross the finish line again and again:
- Obtain your SRL Licence Quest and SRL Bounties
- Earn a new Sparrow as part of the SRL Quest
- Upgrade your reputation by completing SRL Bounties
- Each Race is a chance to earn SRL gear and Shaders
- The higher your reputation, the better the post-game drops
- Helmets and Class Items can drop with up to 320 Light
- Helmets and Class Items with Light can be used for Infusion
- All other SRL gear has no Light, but features racing perks
The mission of the Eververse Trading Company is make the game of Destiny a little more fun, equipping you with more options for customization and creative expression. Sparrow Racing League will be no exception. Check in with Tess in the Tower to peruse the following:
- New emotes to celebrate the thrill of speed and competition
- ToolKits that include stylish (but equally fast) Sparrows
- ToolKits that include Horns to let you signal your approach
- A new Record Book to provide more challenge and reward
- Complete challenges to earn vanity gear with 3 Light
- Collect an exclusive emblem and a shader
- Commemorate your SRL stats after the event is over
- SRL Helmets and Class Items acquired via the Record Book can be Infused to immortalize your status as a racing champion!
These changes to their vendor storefronts and inventories take effect when the December Update arrives. Stay tuned right here on Bungie.net for more information, or follow us on Twitter to know when the races begin.
Good luck, Guardians. Speed kills!