DESTINY 2 BETA GUIDE
Welcome to the Destiny 2 Beta. This page contains vital information to guide you through Beta availability, access, installation, activities, and more. To ensure proper network settings for Destiny 2 Beta gameplay, please refer to our Network Troubleshooting Guide. View original post at: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/45831.
July 18, 10 AM Pacific: PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Participants
July 19, 10 AM Pacific: Xbox One Pre-Order Participants
July 21, 10 AM Pacific: Open Beta for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
July 23, 10 AM Pacific: Social Matchmaking Test available for one hour
July 23, 9 PM Pacific: Beta Concludes
Players who pre-order Destiny 2 will gain early access to the Destiny 2 Beta. To download the Destiny 2 Beta client to a console, please follow these steps:
Sign-in to Bungie.net – Create or sign in to a Bungie.net account using PlayStation 4 or Xbox Live credentials.
Redeem the Early Access Pre-order Code – Enter the Destiny 2 Early Access Beta Code provided by the retailer on Bungie.net/redeem
Retrieve the Destiny 2 Beta Download Code – visit your redeemed codes page on Bungie.net and select your console of choice.
Redeem the Beta Download Code – Log into a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One console to redeem the Destiny 2 Beta code.
Please note the following:
- If players experience issues retrieving a Destiny 2 Early Access code upon pre-order, they must contact their retailer for further assistance
- Players will only be granted one Destiny Beta Download Code per Pre-order. Bungie will not replace codes if they are lost or redeemed for the incorrect platform
- The Destiny 2 Beta will become for public access through the PlayStation Store and Xbox Live Marketplace starting July 21, 2017
Storage Requirements and Installation
Destiny 2 Beta storage requirements for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One may be found here: Destiny Storage Requirements.
For steps on installing the Destiny 2 Beta:
If the recommended amount of storage is not available, issues may be encountered that prevent Beta access.
Through the Destiny 2 Beta, players will have limited access to Campaign, Crucible, and Strike activities. Activities do not require a valid PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Subscription for access.
When launching the Destiny 2 Beta, players will first create a Character and play through the campaign mission Homecoming.
Fireteam size: 1
Crucible: Countdown and Control
Players will have access to two Crucible game types, each featuring a specific map.
- Countdown: Attack and Defend objective gametype with Elimination rules. First team to 6 round score limit wins the match.
- Control: Teams compete to control objective zones witch grant additional points when defeating opponents. Reaching the score limit or having the highest score by time limit wins the match
Fireteam size: 1-4
Strike: The Inverted Spire
Players will have access to one Strike activity. Players are placed into a Fireteam to complete objectives and proceed through Beta content on the planet Nessus.
Fireteam size: 1-3
Social Matchmaking Test
On Sunday July 23 at 10:00 AM Pacific, players will have access to the Social Matchmaking Test Activity. This will be available for one hour for Destiny Service testing.
If you encounter any issues while playing these activities, please see the sections below.
Reporting an Issue
When encountering an issue, players are advised to post a report to the #Help forum with the following information:
- PlayStation Network ID or Xbox Live Gamertag
- Time in which issue occurred
- Activity in which issue occurred
- Description of what happened
While players may not receive a response, issues will be forwarded to the appropriate teams for investigation.
As this is a Beta build, some issues will be present and may impact gameplay. Please note the following:
- Players may experience a variety of networking error codes when attempting to play the Beta
- Bungie will be testing server stability throughout the Beta, which may cause error codes to appear periodically
- Location names sometimes do not appear during Crucible gameplay
- Players sometimes are Kicked to Orbit after witnessing a black screen when entering a Countdown match
- Players may sometimes be placed at the beginning of the Inverted Spire Strike Activity when joining in progress
- Sandbox balancing is still taking place: Some weapons or abilities may have higher or lower damage than intended
- Not all content has been localized in all languages
For any network related troubleshooting, please visit our newly updated Network Troubleshooting Guide.
Official BETA details:
Watch the Official Beta Trailer here.
Source: Bungie.net Help Articles