Posts and infographics could be made later than usual or not made throughout the end of August and during September. This is to get things updated for new content and changes coming with Forsaken and of course to have some time to play new content.
Thank you so much for your patience and support during this time.
If posts aren’t made and your looking for Destiny 2 reset info or other Destiny 2 things visit the Destiny 2 Reddit page (click weekly threads on the top of the page or look for the weekly reset post for details about activities).
Xûr is located at The Rig on Titan and Trials of the Nine is Countdown on Eternity. Get more vendor and activity details below.
Departs: Tuesday, August 28 @ 10AM PDT
Location: The Rig, Titan
All Exotic Items Available
Fated Engram – Contains a new Exotic if any remain to be collected. Only one per week, per account. (97 LS)
Three of Coins – Increased chance to receive Exotic engrams from sources in the world. Effect lasts 4 hours. (31 LS)
Five of Swords (Legendary Challenge Card for Nightfall) – Enables modifiers in Nightfall strikes on Prestige difficulty. More challenging modifiers apply larger score multipliers. This will replace a Rare Challenge Card in your inventory. (Free Item)
Ends: Tuesday, August 28 @ 10AM PDT
Game Mode: Countdown
Following the weekend of August 24, Trials of the Nine will be on hiatus and the Trophy/Achievement “Lest Ye Be Judged” will not be available to players who have not yet unlocked it.
Players who wish to unlock this Trophy/Achievement before Trials of the Nine goes on hiatus will need to win 1 Trials of the Nine match this upcoming weekend of August 24 and meet the Emissary of the Nine at the Third Spire before the start of maintenance on Tuesday 8/28.
Source: Bungie TWAB article
Ends: Tuesday, August 28 @ 10am Pacific
Solstice of Heroes Links:
All information concerning Moments of Triumph for Destiny 2 is currently available in the Destiny 2 Solstice of Heroes: Moments of Triumph Guide. The Moments of Triumph FAQ is also available in this Help Article.
Preview of Resplendent Legendary Armor Sets:
This is the final time you can earn double Valor gains in the Crucible!
Start: 10 AM PDT on August 24, 2018
End: 10 AM PDT on August 28, 2018
The next Crucible Labs will be the mode Scorched.
Friday, 8/24 at 10 a.m. PT: 6v6
This mode has a very deep, complex, and serious rule set:
- You spawn with a Scorch Cannon
- Everyone else spawns with a Scorch Cannon
- You shoot each other with said Scorch Cannons
Recent News and Updates (view recent news and updates at Bungie.net)
If you want to give Gambit a try before Forsaken, the competitive co-op activity will be on full display September 1.
Begins: September 1 @ 10 AM PDT
Ends: September 2 @ 10 AM PDT
You will have to wait until after September 4 to start earning Gambit-specific rewards and ranking up your Infamy, but you will still see some Year 1 reward drops. Gambit stats will not be recorded during the 24-hour trial, but they will be available for tracking on bungie.net after September 4.
Last Wish Raid – Requires Forsaken
Begins: Sept 14 @ 10 AM PDT
From This Week at Bungie: The next date we know you want to circle on your calendar is when the raid will open up and when the race for World First will begin. Here is Senior Designer Joe Blackburn to tell you more.
Joe: Forsaken is proof that the full Destiny 2 experience is just beginning when the campaign comes to a close. With so many new things to do and so much Power to gain, we knew that players would need more than just three days to prepare for the incredible challenges of Forsaken’s raid. That’s why “Last Wish,” the next chapter in Destiny’s raiding legacy, goes live on September 14 at 10 AM PDT, a week and a half after you’ll have first set foot on the Tangled Shore. Good luck, Guardians.
In the time between 2.0.0 going live and Forsaken launching, things might get a little weird. Player Support has the info you need to know. Here is the full Player Support Report by Bungie.
On September 4, there will be a day one patch that players will need to download before they can play Forsaken. Destiny 2 will be brought down for maintenance at 7 AM PDT, and we anticipate that the patch will become available to players on all platforms by 7:30 AM PDT. Maintenance will end at 10 AM PDT, and assuming you have completed your download, you can start playing Forsaken at that time.
Destiny 2 Update 2.0.0
On Tuesday, August 28, Destiny 2 will receive Update 2.0.0. This update will introduce changes in preparation for the launch of Forsaken and will be the official conclusion to Solstice of Heroes. For the Update 2.0.0 deployment schedule, please see the times listed below.
On Tuesday, August 28:
- 9:30 AM PDT: Players will no longer be able to log into Destiny 2
- 9:45 AM PDT: Destiny 2 will be taken offline for maintenance, and all players will be returned to the title screen
- At this time, Solstice of Heroes will end, and Moments of Triumph will no longer be available
- 10 AM PDT: Destiny 2 Update 2.0.0 will begin rolling out across all platforms and regions
- 10 AM–2 PM PDT: Destiny 2 will remain offline for maintenance
- 2 PM PDT: Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude
Players should be aware that at 9:45 AM PDT, they will no longer be able to access Destiny 2 or participate in Solstice of Heroes and Moments of Triumph. Players with lingering objectives and unclaimed rewards should act now to make sure nothing is missed when this maintenance begins.
For more information on the Destiny 2 Update 2.0.0 deployment, players should see our Destiny Server and Update Status page.For Destiny 2 Update 2.0.0 storage requirements, please see our System Requirements page.
Update 2.0.0 System Changes
Players should be aware of the following changes to the game experience following Update 2.0.0 on 8/28:
- Year 2 Weapon Slots will be live for all players
- During this transition, weapons that overflow players’ inventories will be sent to the Postmaster
- Year 1 slots equipped with weapons that are moved during this update will remain empty until players equip another weapon
- The following Year 1 Power weapons will become Kinetic in Year 2
- Alone as a God
- The Frigid Jackal
- Hawthorne’s Field-Forged Shotgun
- Perfect Paradox
- Shepherd’s Watch
- Silicon Neuroma
- The following Year 1 Power weapons will have their elemental attribute changed and locked to Solar for Year 2
- The following Year 1 Exotic Power weapons will remain in the Power slot, as exceptions to Year 2 weapon slot changes
- Legend of Acrius
- Tractor Cannon
- Whisper of the Worm
- All other Year 1 Energy and Power weapons will have their elemental attribute locked for Year 2
- New ammo economy will be live to support Year 2 weapon slots
- Exotic weapons, armor, and emblem collections will become unavailable until 9/4
- Players should grab their desired items before 8/28
- Updated collections will return on 9/4
- Some tooltips may not reflect actual item behavior during the 8/28–9/4 transition, examples include:
- The perk description for Thin the Herd on Fighting Lion will incorrectly list old behavior of dropping Energy ammo
- The perk description for Bring the Heat on Ashen Wake will erroneously list non-existent perk functionality mentioning recharging grenade energy
- The perk description for Triple Tap will incorrectly describe old behavior of pulling ammo from reserves
- Exotic weapons will lose their +5 Power mods in preparation for 9/4
- All remaining Legendary and Exotic gear will lose their +5 Power starting on 9/4
- Year 1 armor mods will be deprecated entirely starting on 9/4
- Nightfalls will not feature strike scoring until 9/4
Last week, we confirmed that players will be able to Masterwork their Legendary Solstice Armor (Resplendent) after Solstice of Heroes ends on August 28. This week, we are going over some known issues that players may encounter trying to Masterwork this armor set after Solstice of Heroes ends.
- Players will not be able to complete the Prestige Nightfall objective between 8/28 and 9/4 due to strike scoring being unavailable
- After 9/4, the Heroic Strikes playlist is being retired for a single, adjustable strike hopper. Players will need to complete strikes in this new playlist with at least one clanmate to unlock this Masterwork objective.
- Valor ranks reset at the conclusion of Season 3 on 9/4. If players do not unlock their Masterwork for achieving Legend in their Valor ranking by the end of Season 3, their Valor rank will reset, and they will have to begin anew in Season 4.
- As a reminder, to complete this Masterwork objective, players must max out their Valor ranking with a Valor score of 2,000, then complete one more match.
Players can expect more information about changes leading up to the launch of Destiny 2: Forsaken in next week’s Player Support Report.
Releases September 4! For more details and videos: View the Destiny 2 Forsaken Info Page!
To pre-order and get details about Forsaken and the Annual Pass: CLICK HERE!
Here is a glimpse the Dreaming City that will arrive with Forsaken on September 4.
You will be able to experience the full story of Cayde’s fate and claim your revenge when Forsaken launches on September 4.
Since the reveal of Destiny 2: Forsaken, players have asked whether or not Cayde’s Exotic Stash will be included with pre-orders directly from platform online marketplaces. We can confirm that this pre-order bonus will be available to all players who purchase through the PlayStation, Xbox, and Battle.net online stores before launch.
Additionally, shown below is what players can expect to become available to them in Year 2, based off of title ownership. For information on purchase eligibility from other retailers, players should visit the official destinythegame.com page.
Have a great weekend! 🙂
View more posts by visiting the home page or click Kybers Corner at the top of this post.