Xûr is located in the Tower’s Hangar by Dead Orbit. For the duration of Season 4 Trials of the Nine and Faction Rallies will not be active. Get more activity details and read some of the most recent Destiny 2 news below.
Note: For Destiny 2 Forsaken guides click here to visit the new page currently being made. New guides and helpful info from members in the community will be periodically added to this new page.
Departs: Tuesday, Oct 02 @ 10AM PDT
Location: Hangar, Tower
All Exotic Items Available
Aeon Swift – Hunter Gauntlets (23 LS)
Five of Swords (Legendary Challenge Card for Nightfall) – Enables modifiers in Nightfall strikes on Prestige difficulty. More challenging modifiers apply larger score multipliers. This will replace a Rare Challenge Card in your inventory. (Free Item)
Breakthrough (New Crucible Mode)
Info from TWAB post by Bungie:
Starting Tuesday, September 25, the new Crucible game mode Breakthrough will become available to all players of Destiny 2. There will also be new maps that were crafted to complement this game type. Here’s a quick overview of how Breakthrough works:
At the beginning of each round, players will fight to capture a central zone. Once the zone is captured, your team will deploy the Breaker. As players work to deploy the Breaker, the zone can be contested, resulting in an epic tug-of-war between the two teams. Once the Breaker is captured, it will be used to assault and hack the enemy team’s Vault.
If you hack the enemy team’s Vault, you win the round. If you fail to hack the enemy team’s Vault within the round time limit, you lose. If you are in the process of hacking the enemy team’s Vault when time runs out, you will enter Sudden Death until you either hack the Vault, or the enemy removes all your progress. First team to win three rounds takes the match.
Breakthrough will first be available as the Weekly Featured Playlist for the week of September 25. Then, it will be added to the Competitive playlist starting October 2. Owners of Destiny 2: Forsaken may begin to play Breakthrough in Private Matches on September 25 as well.
For those who have yet to play since Iron Banner went live, Convergence will also be available as a Breakthrough map. Players on PlayStation 4 will also have access to the map Gambler’s Ruin.
Recommend Power: 570 (Enemies towards the end of activity are 590)
Location: Confluence, Dreaming City (Blind Well area)
Rewards: Wish-Ender (Exotic Combat Bow) is a reward you will get once completing the complete quest line. (I am currently finding out what other rewards are available from this quest line)
Lore: “Don’t fret. It’s a simple expedition. We’ll be back before lunch.” —Sjur Eido, First Queen’s Wrath
Sjur Eido stood slow joints snapping second to none but the Sovs themselves stood straight-backed sharp-sighted pleased to skewer enemies at any distance. Sjur Eido listened close head cocked arrow nocked listened to her Queen’s layered lies and heard only the truths as endless courtly complaints flowed around them like the mists of Divalia. Sjur Eido watched shadows wind warp widen watched surveillance feeds encrypted snaps the weapon hand of every woman and man who wished an audience. Sjur Eido swore with revelation righteous fury betrayedbetrayedbetrayedbetrayedbetrayedbetrayedbetrayedbetrayed swore an oath to rise again. Sjur Eido drew loosed dr– Fell. l o s t
Shattered Throne And Wish Ender Exotic Bow Guide by PCinvasion.com
Recent News and Updates (view recent news and updates at Bungie.net)
Sept 27: This Week at Bungie – One Last Curse
Sept 20: Hotfix 126.96.36.199 – The One About Loot
Find out more details about Year Two Seasons and the Annual Pass:
As the Season of the Outlaw rolls on, Bungie Rewards will offer additional collector’s items to earn, acquire and unlock that are uniquely crafted to commemorate various tiers of in game accomplishments.
To sign up, you can visit the Bungie Rewards page now. As new offers are added to Bungie Rewards, we’ll update the page with more details.
In addition to Bungie Rewards going live, Bungie will also be giving away the Pursuit of Dreams in-game Destiny 2 emblem with any purchase from the Bungie Store now through November 28.
Source: Bungie.net (view original article)
Player Support (from TWAB post by Bungie)
Ever since Forsaken launched, we have received tons of feedback on a wide variety of topics. Two issues seem to stand above the rest: the cost of Masterwork Cores and the drop rate of Exotic weapons and armor.
We asked the investment team to talk about some of our goals with Masterwork Cores and Exotic drop rates, the problems we’ve identified, and our plans for addressing them.
Investment Team: We have been monitoring the community’s feedback concerning Masterwork Cores and Exotic drop rates. Here is a quick breakdown of our original design goals along with some of our plans to address your feedback.
Masterwork Cores for Infusion
- Goals for adding Masterwork Cores to Infusion costs
- Make Infusing and Masterworking a meaningful choice.
- Infusion and Masterwork should not be mutually exclusive.
- Problems with the current Masterwork Core Economy
- Masterwork Cores have a misleading name. When they were created, the definition of a pinnacle item put the emphasis almost entirely on Masterworking. We expanded that definition in Forsaken, but didn’t update the currency.
- There are not enough reliable sources to earn Masterwork Cores, which can make deciding what to spend them on too difficult.
- Plans for addressing those problems
- We have been monitoring Core supplies and the numbers aren’t as high as we’d like. We are planning to create more reliable and plentiful Core sources.
- We are going to rename Masterwork Cores so their purpose is more obvious.
Exotic Drop Rates
- Goals for Exotic drop rates
- Exotics are intended to be meaningful long-term chases. Finding an Exotic should be rare but impactful.
- Problems with the current Exotic drop rates
- Right now we are falling short of the “impactful” part of our goal. There’s nothing exciting or powerful about getting your fourth Fighting Lion when all you really want is a Two-Tailed Fox.
- Plans for addressing those problems
- We plan to increase the chance for Exotics to drop something you don’t already have.
We’ll continue to monitor your feedback and will give you more details about these changes before they go live.
Darkness in the Light
This week in Destiny 2, Forsaken players began their pursuit of Malfeasance. As players started making their way through the quest for this Exotic Hand Cannon, it was discovered that the three-player quest step “Darkness in the Light” could be launched with a fireteam of up to six players.
While we are working to address this issue in a future hotfix, we urge caution to fireteams who launch into this activity with more than three players, as it was designed and tested for three-player fireteams. Players who launch into this activity with four or more players may encounter memory issues, which may result in poor game performance or unexpected client crashes. Stay tuned for updates.
Pardon Our Dust
Today, Bungie.net underwent website maintenance. During this maintenance, API authentication was disabled, and thus some API services were not available for use across Bungie.net, the official Destiny Companion, and third-party applications.
Now that this maintenance has concluded, players who encounter issues with Bungie.net and API services are encouraged to report them to the #Help forum.
Destiny 2: Forsaken Known Issues
In addition to the items listed above, Destiny Player Support is tracking the latest issues reported by players on the #Help forum. Provided below is a brief overview of the latest known issues in Destiny 2: Forsaken.
- WANTED: Gravetide Summoner Bounty: We are investigating an issue where some players in a fireteam don’t receive credit for killing the Gravetide Summoner and then can’t replay the adventure. It is recommended that players play this Adventure solo to receive proper credit.
- Prime Engrams from the Crucible: We are investigating an issue where Prime Engrams earned by completing Crucible matches are going straight to the Postmaster without first going to players’ loot stream.
- Gambit Clan Engrams: We are investigating an issue where the clan engram for Gambit is not being awarded as expected.
- Wish-Ender Exit Damage: We are investigating an issue where Wish-Ender’s Broadhead perk may sometimes not apply exit damage on fast-moving enemies.
- Oathkeeper Draw Speed: We are investigating an issue where bow-draw speed benefits granted by the Oathkeeper Exotic Hunter arms armor are not performing as expected.
- Damage, Incorporated Emblem: We are investigating an issue with the Damage, Incorporated emblem not appearing in Collections. Players who delete the emblem will not be able to reclaim it.
- Dismantling Gambit Weapons: We are investigating an issue where some Gambit weapons do not give materials when dismantled.
- GUITAR Errors in the “Last Wish” Raid: We are monitoring reports of GUITAR errors received by players participating in the “Last Wish” raid.
For the latest known issues as soon as they are available, players should visit our Forsaken Vital Information and Known Issues list.
For Forsaken guides click here. Have a great weekend!