Xûr is located in Giant’s Scar on Io. Get more activity details and read some of the most recent Destiny 2 news below.
Departs: Tuesday, Oct 09 @ 10AM PDT
Location: Giant’s Scar, Io
All Exotic Items Available
Helm of Saint-14 – Titan Helmet (23 LS)
Five of Swords (Legendary Challenge Card for Nightfall) – Enables modifiers in Nightfall strikes on Prestige difficulty. More challenging modifiers apply larger score multipliers. This will replace a Rare Challenge Card in your inventory. (Free Item)
Begins on October 16, 2018, with a celebration of lost heroes and a new challenge to tackle. It includes a costume party, and you’re all invited. It ends with a quest to solve a murder.
Be on the lookout next week for a full reveal via the Bungie blog.
Recent News and Updates (view recent news and updates at Bungie.net)
Sept 27: This Week at Bungie – One Last Curse
Find out more details about Year Two Seasons and the Annual Pass:
Gambit and the Malfeasance Quest
The following changes are currently in development for Destiny 2 Update 2.0.5, planned for October 30. If any issues are found in the course of that work, changes may be delayed or tweaked accordingly. Make sure to stay tuned for future updates. Without further ado, here’s what you need to know, coming directly from the Gambit team.
Malfeasance Acquisition: We’ve heard player feedback concerning the spawn rates of the Ascendant Primeval Servitor, and we are making adjustments to how frequently it will appear.
During week three of the curse cycle, also known as a full-curse week, the Ascendant Primeval Servitor will have almost the same chance to spawn as any other Primeval. We will also be increasing the chance for the boss to spawn during lesser-curse weeks, but it will still be lower than during a full-curse week.
For full transparency, since the Ascendant Primeval Servitor spawn rate will increase significantly when these changes are released, we are tweaking how ship and Sparrow rewards drop from the boss. Vanity items are no longer guaranteed drops for subsequent boss kills after you earn the quest, instead the vanity items will now only have a chance to drop.
Quitter Protection: We are currently developing a change to Gambit matchmaking that will help with the extended load times some players have been experiencing. When this change is released, we will be re-enabling quitter penalties for the Gambit playlist. However, we have increased the number of games players can leave before they are restricted from the playlist. We are making this change to help mitigate some situations where bad internet connectivity results in a restriction.
Power Ammo Crate Changes: To help balance some weapons, we’re changing the amount of ammo that you will receive when opening an ammo crate with certain weapons equipped:
- Sleeper Simulant: Ammo crate will grant two shots (down from four)
- Swords: Ammo crate will grant 12 Sword ammo (up from six)
The Gambit team is closely monitoring community feedback and looking at game data. In future updates, you should expect changes to Gambit bounties, how frequently you earn rewards, and other changes to the mode that will give teams in the lead a greater advantage. We’ll be back in future weeks to shed more light on the future of Gambit as it continues to evolve.
—The Gambit Team
Last year, we used Roadmaps to telegraph how Destiny 2 was going to evolve. In the months to come, our plans for the Seasons and the Annual Pass are the items worth illustrating. That doesn’t mean that you won’t receive updates that address the issues you’ve been talking to us about. Here are some downloads that we hope are worth putting on your calendar, as well as a quick preview of what to expect from each of them.
Destiny 2 Update 2.0.4, tentatively scheduled for October 16, 2018:
- Added the ability to hover over Lost Sectors to see their name once a player has looted them
- Players can now track up to three pursuits
- Added Through Fire and Flood, Zenobia D, and Crooked Fang-4fr to the world Legendary pool— Edge Transit will have some company
- Fixed a bug where Prime Engrams were going straight to the Postmaster at the end of Crucible matches; they will now show alongside other end-of-match rewards
- Added transmat effects to Collections, under the Flair category
- Tracking for acquired transmat effects began with the launch of Forsaken on September 4; transmat effects gained (inventory or Postmaster), used, or dismantled after that date will be unlocked in Collections
- Transmat effects are unlocked when added to player inventory, NOT when you gain ships that have them pre-socketed
- We have identified a very rare issue where the Gambit invasion portal will not reactivate once used, and we are currently developing a fix
- We are developing a fix for an issue where One Thousand Voices may cause loud screeching audio when fired while strafing or jumping
Destiny 2 Update 2.0.5, tentatively scheduled for October 30, 2018. Please note, the changes listed below are currently in development. These could change, be impacted by delays, or cut if issues are found. Stay tuned for updates!
- Rebalancing functionality of Distribution/Dynamo perks, requiring players to be near opponents for Super energy benefits
- Slightly increasing Sword damage in PvE to address player feedback
- Slightly increasing Fusion Rifle damage in PvE
- Increasing viability of Malfeasance in PvE and Gambit activities
- Adjusting visibility of the Titan’s Banner Shield, making it easier for players to see through the effects
- Adjusting Exotic rewards to help reduce the number of duplicate drops
- Players may still receive duplicates, but there will be better chances for Forsaken exotics when receiving Exotic rewards
- The chance for a Nightfall Unique Reward to drop will increase each time a Nightfall is completed without a unique drop
- Adding Masterwork Cores as rewards for specific Spider “Wanted” bounties and general Scrapper bounties
- Reducing the time for single-shader deletion from your inventory
- We are developing a fix for an issues where a team will defeat the Ascendant Primeval Servitor, but the opposing team receives credit for the kill
Expect more details on the blog for each update in the coming weeks.
As the Season of the Outlaw rolls on, Bungie Rewards will offer additional collector’s items to earn, acquire and unlock that are uniquely crafted to commemorate various tiers of in game accomplishments.
To sign up, you can visit the Bungie Rewards page now. As new offers are added to Bungie Rewards, we’ll update the page with more details.
Source: Bungie.net (view original article)
Have a great weekend!