Xûr is located at the Winding Cove, EDZ and Festival of the Lost is live until Nov 06! Get more activity details and read some of the most recent Destiny 2 news below.
Departs: Tuesday, Oct 30 @ 10AM PDT
Location: Winding Cove, EDZ
All Exotic Items Available
Telesto – Fusion Rifle (Energy) (29 LS)
Five of Swords (Legendary Challenge Card for Nightfall) – Enables modifiers in Nightfall strikes on Prestige difficulty. More challenging modifiers apply larger score multipliers. This will replace a Rare Challenge Card in your inventory. (Free Item)
Festival of the Lost (Oct 16 – Nov 06)
A celebration of lost heroes and a new challenge to tackle. It includes a costume party, and you’re all invited. It ends with a quest to solve a murder. Visit Amanda in the Tower (Hangar area) to begin this event! Visit Amanda in the Tower (Hangar area) to begin this event!
Haunted Forest guide (includes details about the Horror Story auto rifle)
View the full Festival of the Lost guide on this site by clicking here!
Festival of the Lost Costume Contest
Now until October 31 @ 6pm PDT
Info from Bungie Blog: From now through 6 PM PDT on October 31, use masks, armor, and shaders to create an in-game costume. Pick the perfect setting and take a pic. Then, using the #FestivalofCostumes hashtag, share your screenshot to the Community Creations page, Twitter, or Instagram to enter. Ten winners will be celebrated via @Bungie on Halloween day and treated with the unique emblem we reserve for all our best artists.
Group shots are welcome. Humor encouraged. Put on a mask, and go show the bad guys they can’t keep us down.
Gambit – Earn Increased Infamy!
Infamy gained from bounties, wins, and losses will all be increased.
Begins: 10 AM PDT October 30
Ends: 10 AM PDT November 2
Begins: 10 AM PDT November 2
Ends: 10 AM PDT November 7
Keep an eye out. Once Update 2.0.5 is live, Ascendant Primeval Servitor spawn rates will increase. Even though it’s not a full-curse week, you may find yourself eye to eye with that evil meatball during this event. Good luck in your hunt for Malfeasance.
Recent News and Updates (view recent news and updates at Bungie.net)
Find out more details about Year Two Seasons and the Annual Pass:
Update 2.0.5 brings more than just quality-of-life updates to the game. Starting October 30, the Destiny 2: Forsaken Refer-a-Friend program becomes available! Veteran players may begin to refer new players to Forsaken, via a link on Bungie.net, and embark on the Refer-a-Friend quest.
Veterans, it’s on you to show your referral the ropes. The quest gives you ample time to get your friend up to speed on everything Destiny 2, from perk sets to raid loadouts. New players, this is your time to learn what it is to be a Guardian. As you complete steps throughout the quest, both of you—veteran and referral—will earn some sleek rewards to commemorate your camaraderie.
If you happen to have multiple friends to refer, there’s more loot to earn. Veteran players who refer multiple new players to Destiny 2: Forsaken will receive additional rewards.
If you’re currently wondering if you qualify as a veteran or new player, here are the specifics:
Veteran Player Requirements
A veteran player is any player who owns Destiny 2: Forsaken. Veteran players may invite new players for the Refer-a-Friend promotion.
New Player Requirements
A new player is any player who does not own Destiny 2: Forsaken, or has owned it for less than 7 days. Once a player has owned Destiny 2: Forsaken for longer than 7 days, they are no longer eligible to be referred for the Refer-a-Friend promotion. Once referred, the quest may completed at any time.
NOTE: As we have recently updated Destiny 2: Forsaken to also include Curse of Osiris and Warmind, we are extending new player qualifications. Players who purchased Forsaken between October 16th-30th will qualify as a new player and be eligible for referral up to November 7, 2018.
Live Your Best QOL
All information regarding the Destiny 2: Forsaken Refer-a-Friend program will become available at 10 AM PDT on October 30, 2018. Stay tuned to help.bungie.net.
A few weeks ago, we gave you a short preview of what to expect in Destiny 2 Update 2.0.5. This patch carries a range of updates and fixes, most with the goal of providing small quality-of-life improvements to Destiny 2: Forsaken. Below is a preview of some changes, from Trace Rifles to Exotics, and more.
- Banshee-44 will accept up to 25 Gunsmith Materials at a time
- Removing the hold time for the Spider’s material exchange interactions
- Increasing stack size of Ghost Fragments from 10 to 20
- Reduced shader dismantle time from 1 sec. to 0.25 secs.
Exotic Duplicate Weighting
- When you’re receiving an Exotic, we will take into account all Exotics you’ve found, and weight them against Exotics you have yet to acquire; this lowers the chances of receiving Exotics you already own
- Exotics that you do not yet own will be individually weighted much higher than duplicate Exotics
- When receiving duplicate Exotics, you will be more likely to earn armor pieces, as they have randomly rolled perks
- Exotic quest weapons are being removed from the Exotic engram loot pool
- Masterwork Cores will be renamed Enhancement Cores
- More sources will award Enhancement Cores; they will be added to Scrapper Bounties and six of the Spider’s weekly bounties
- Enhancement Cores will be more visible in the loot feed
- Increasing base damage
- Fixing an issue where the Broadhead perk would not properly activate under certain circumstances, which would result in a loss of damage
- Increasing Explosive Shadow detonation damage
- Increasing damage against Taken and invaders
- Will spawn with 50 ammo in the Crucible
- Will benefit from the following armor perks:
- Auto Rifle Loader
- Unflinching Auto Rifle Aim
- Auto Rifle Targeting
- Precision Weapon Targeting
- Auto Rifle Dexterity
We have more in store. Stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates. We plan to have patch notes for Update 2.0.5 available around 9 AM PDT on Tuesday, October 30.
Destiny 2 Update 2.0.5 Maintenance and Downtime
In preparation for Destiny 2 Update 2.0.5, we conducted backend maintenance to the live game earlier today.
Below is our deployment schedule for Destiny 2 Update 2.0.5, going live on Tuesday, October 30, 2018.
- 8:00 AM PDT (1500 UTC)
- Destiny 2 maintenance is scheduled to begin
- No downtime is expected
- Some Destiny Companion features will be unavailable on Bungie.net, mobile, and third-party apps
- Update 2.0.5 will begin rolling out across all platforms and regions
- 8:00 AM PDT (1500 UTC)
- 9:45 AM PDT (1645 UTC)
- Any Destiny 2 players remaining in activities who have not yet installed Update 2.0.5 will be removed from activities and returned to the title screen to take this update
- 9:45 AM PDT (1645 UTC)
- 10:00 AM PDT (1700 UTC)
- Destiny 2 maintenance is scheduled to conclude
- Destiny Companion features will be reenabled
- Players who encounter issues should report them on the #Help Forum
- 10:00 AM PDT (1700 UTC)
You can also view this information on our Server and Update Status page.
For the latest information during maintenance windows, players should follow @BungieHelp on Twitter or monitor our support feed on help.bungie.net. For patch notes when they are available, players should keep an eye on our Updates page.
As the Season of the Outlaw rolls on, Bungie Rewards will offer additional collector’s items to earn, acquire and unlock that are uniquely crafted to commemorate various tiers of in game accomplishments.
To sign up, you can visit the Bungie Rewards page now. As new offers are added to Bungie Rewards, we’ll update the page with more details.
Source: Bungie.net (view original article)
I hope you all have a great weekend!