As we continue to work towards a goal of Destiny 2 feeling like a world that evolves and changes over time, we are looking at how players earn powerful rewards overall, and how this could change in future seasons. We have quite a bit of time until Season of the Drifter begins, but we’ll be sure to give an update on what to expect in the future. Until then, happy hunting!
A package of Gratitude
As promised in October, those of you who played Destiny 2: Forsaken before October 16 will receive Veterans of the Hunt rewards. This includes a unique emblem, shader, and two emotes. Our original goal was to release these in early December. Minor issues were discovered near the end of development for Update 2.1.1, leading to a short delay. We are currently planning to distribute these packages in Destiny 2 Update 2.1.3, which is tentatively planned to release on December 18.
If we find any issues in the course of development for Destiny 2 Update 2.1.3, this release may be delayed. Stay tuned for future announcements.
Our Player Support team has been combing through the forums since Season of the Forge began, looking for any trending issues that players have been encountering. For known issues and workarounds, check out the info below.
This is their report.
Destiny 2 Update 2.1.0
Earlier this week we deployed Destiny 2 Update 2.1.0 to players. This update marked the beginning of Season of the Forge, and laid the foundation for upcoming content included with the Destiny 2: Forsaken Annual Pass.
Players who missed the Update 2.1.0 Patch Notes can find them here.
Destiny 2 Update 184.108.40.206
Next Tuesday, December 4, Destiny 2 Update 220.127.116.11 will become available to players. This update marks the opening of the Black Armory for players who own the Destiny 2: Forsaken Annual Pass.
All Destiny 2 players will need to download and install this update when it is available. Please see below for the Update 18.104.22.168 deployment timeline for Tuesday, December 4.
- 8:30 AM PST (1630 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance is scheduled to begin. Some Bungie.net and API features will be taken offline.
- 8:45 AM PST (1645 UTC): Destiny 2 will be taken offline, and all players will be returned to the title screen.
- 9:00 AM PST (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude, and Update 22.214.171.124 will begin rolling out across all platforms and regions.
- 9:15 AM PST (1715 UTC): All Bungie.net and API features are expected to resume.
With the launch of Destiny 2 Update 2.1.0, we have become aware of an issue in the Last Wish raid where Destiny 2 may crash when Morgeth, the Spirekeeper, achieves 50% empowerment. This issue is expected to be resolved following the deployment of Destiny 2 Update 126.96.36.199 on December 4.
In the meantime, players may be able to work around this issue by stunning Morgeth and defeating him before he can recover and continue charging. This issue will also disqualify players who are attempting the Petra’s Run triumph, which requires players to complete the Last Wish raid with no deaths.
The Subverted Spire
To mitigate issues discovered during the development of Destiny 2 Update 2.1.0, the strike activity “The Inverted Spire” has been disabled. Players who attempt to access this activity from the Director will receive the error “Players do not have access to this activity”.
On December 4, after Destiny 2 Update 188.8.131.52 has been deployed, this activity will be re-enabled in the Director and the strike playlist.
Destiny 2: Forsaken and Season of the Forge Known Issues
In addition to the items listed above, Destiny Player Support is tracking the latest issues reported by players on the #Help forum. Provided below is a brief overview of the latest known issues in Destiny 2: Forsaken and Season of the Forge.
- Annual Pass on the Xbox Store: We are monitoring reports where players on Xbox One are unable to purchase the Forsaken Annual Pass through their console marketplace. Xbox players who own Forsaken can log in and purchase the Annual Pass here.
- Crucible Solemnity Shader: We are investigating an issue where this shader cannot be obtained kin Season 5 by players who did not already earn it in Season 4.
- Heavy Ammo Spawns in Crucible: We are investigating an issue where heavy ammo may spawn in unintended locations during Crucible activities.
- Double Perks Pre-184.108.40.206: Some weapons that drop after Update 2.1.0 may have redundant perks until they are corrected in Update 220.127.116.11.
- The Mountaintop: “The Mountaintop” triumph’s description says, “Complete the quest “The Ascent” and collect its Grenade Launcher reward.” Players should be aware that this quest starts with the title “First of Many”, and is available from Lord Shaxx.
- Masterwork UI: We are investigating an issue where some UI elements for masterwork gear do not appear when inspecting another player.
- Season of the Forge Shaders: We are aware of an issue where Season of the Forge shaders dismantle at a slower rate than other shaders.
Through Fire and Fury
Many of you are jamming out some pinnacle weapons, but we want to put a spotlight on some pinnacle achievement in the “Last Wish” Raid. Feast your eyes on one of the most difficult player achievements in Destiny 2 to date.
Movie of the Week: Three-Player Petra’s Run
Honorable Mention: Thunderlord
If you’d like a shot at the Lens of Fate emblem, make sure to submit your video to the Creations page on bungie.net and include #MOTW in your title.
Not going to lie, I’m having trouble writing this outro. All I can think about is the ascent to the Mountaintop in Competitive Crucible. But wait, isn’t it a full Curse week too? I need to hunt down a certain meatball for my Dredgen seal. Any way you slice it, there’s quite a bit to do in Destiny 2. I still have goals from Forsaken to complete, and the Black Armory is about to bring more to the table.
That grenade launcher will be mine. As the kids say, gotta get that bread. I leave you all with a wonderful moment cooked up by a few of our community members. Enjoy your weekend!
Source: Bungie Website (view original article)