Read article from the Bungie blog below to find out what changes and updates are coming to Destiny 2.
This week at Bungie, the Revelry is coming to a close.
We are deep into the third and final week of our spring celebration. You have until the weekly reset on May 7 to partake in Eva’s tonic and enjoy the festivities while they last. After that, Arbalest will be available as an Exotic drop. If you were a player who didn’t enjoy the extra abilities in Competitive, you can celebrate the return to order on May 7.
Earlier this week, we took a stroll into the depths of the Shattered Throne. A few representatives from the teams who helped build the mysterious dungeon offered some developer commentary on their motivations and design philosophies.
Did you miss it?
You missed it, didn’t you?
It’s OK, we saved it for you… this time. You can watch the entire Shattered Throne Ride Along here.
Don’t miss DeeJ’s face when the fireteam gets kicked to orbit for inactivity while the developers are talking.
Patch Note Preview
It’s time for the next update to the live game. Next week, on May 7, we’ll be deploying update 2.2.2. This will include the changes to Spectral Blades we discussed a few weeks ago, as well as a few other items. Here is a preview of what you can expect.
- Fixed an issue where Dreaming City lore was not being awarded when completing an Ascendant Challenge.
- Fixed an issue where Chaos Reach would not deal damage to enemies affected by other status effects (such as Thorn’s Soul Devour or Hunter Tethers).
- Fixed an issue where Warlocks were unable to Blink after going through a portal.
- Fixed an issue in which Combination Blow was unintentionally magnifying damage of Arc Staff Super attacks.
- Fixed an Issue where the Iron Ruby shader was not dropping
- The shader now has a chance to drop when dismantling Iron Banner gear
Whenever we send new content from our servers to your machines, @BungieHelp is a good source to follow. We’ll keep you in the loop on when the download begins and when our housekeeping ends.
Our Player Support Team has an update on known issues and upcoming fixes.
Destiny 2 Update 2.2.2
Next week, Destiny 2 Update 2.2.2 will become available, and all players will need to download and install this update once it is live.
Destiny 2 Update 2.2.2 Resolved Issues Preview
With the upcoming launch of Destiny 2 Update 2.2.2, we’d like to take the opportunity to follow up on the resolution of a sampling of player-impacting issues that have emerged recently in Destiny 2.
- Invitation of the Nine: Update 2.2.2 resolves an issue called out last week where “The Tower” pursuit from Xûr could not be completed.
- Verdant Light: Update 2.2.2 changes the “Verdant Light: Competitive” Triumph from the Revelry to require only 20 orbs, and it will unlock retroactively for players who have already met this new requirement. This will also complete the “Party Harder” Triumph for players who met all other requirements during the Revelry, awarding the Virescent emblem.
- Jubilant Engrams: In the week following Update 2.2.2, players who were erroneously awarded duplicate items from the Revelry’s Jubilant Engram will receive an in-game message informing them how this issue will be resolved for their account.
- Arc Week Emotes: In the week following Update 2.2.2, players who erroneously received the incorrect Arc emote during their Eververse purchase will receive an in-game message informing them how this issue will be resolved for their account.
For a complete list of resolved issue once 2.2.2 is out in the wild, players should keep an eye on our Updates page.
Next Tuesday at the weekly reset, the Revelry will come to an end. At that time, unearned and unclaimed Revelry Triumphs will become hidden. Players will no longer be eligible to earn progress toward Revelry pursuits. The “Verdant Light: Competitive” Triumph will still be visible and completable if players generated the 20 necessary orbs to complete it after the update.
Additionally, Arbalest will no longer be eligible for purchase from Eva Levante, and will be available only as a reward drop from loot sources.
While Arbalest is intended to be available to all players following the conclusion of the Revelry, we have become aware of an issue where players who do not own the Forsaken Annual Pass cannot reclaim Arbalest from their Exotic collection, and Arbalest will not be available to these players as a loot drop.
We are investigating this issue and are working to make Arbalest available to all players in a future update.
Destiny 2 Known Issues
Featured below are a list of recently emerged issues we are tracking in Destiny 2.
- “Reaping with the Basics” Bounty: We’re investigating an issue where this Prime Weekly Bounty is not counting kills with Bows.
- Huginn Skull and Postmaster: We’re investigating an issue where Tinctures of Queensfoil are not recovering to the postmaster when purchased from the Huginn Skull in the Dreaming City while players have a full Consumables inventory.
For the full list of known issues, players should visit our Destiny 2 Vital Information and Known Issues page.
These Beats Are So Fresh
It’s time for another edition of Movie of the Week. This is where we pick a few of our favorite videos from the community and show them off. Anyone who helped create one of the featured features will be rewarded with a special emblem. Let’s see what we got.
Movie of the Week: Drum Wishes
Honorable Mention: Voop’n n Boop’n
Honorable Mention: Tower Celebration
The Revelry is winding down. Make sure you finish up any event-related Triumphs you have left before the next reset.
It’s already May. Hard to believe! Season of Opulence is a month away. We’ll have more info to share on what to expect next season as we get closer to June. This is a light news week, but we think it’s important to check in weekly and let you know that we’re always working on the next updates to the game. Some of them fix a few issues. Others change the way we play the game across all activities. Both varieties are in the pipe. We’re not talking about much this week, but we’ll have a lot more to say in the future. Thanks for checking in with us.
Source: Bungie Website (view original article)
*Kyber3000 and Kyber’s Corner is not affiliated with Bungie/Destiny 2.