Only 5 more sleeps until Season of Opulence begins!! Read below to find out more about what’s coming and changing next Season! (post from the Bungie blog)
THIS WEEK AT BUNGIE – 05/30/2019
by Cozmo via Bungie blog
This week at Bungie, we revealed Season of Opulence.
What began with a notion of secrets has evolved into a treasure hunt. On the journey of our creative process, we arrived at a new experience that is more about discovery than mystery. Calus has issued an imperial summons. Your invitation to plunder the vaults aboard his Leviathan has arrived. Season of Opulence does have secrets for you to discover—Destiny always does.
Here is a preview of what adventures await.
Ready to play? These are the dates you should save!
This is the last weekly update before the new Season starts. Let’s dig in and cover the final details before the games begin.
Calus would see you grow fat from strength. During Season of Opulence, he will be granting players the Chalice of Opulence, which serves as players’ gateway to treasure. Players who emerge victorious in the Menagerie will use the Chalice to serve up an offering of runes in exchange for the weapons and gear they choose from the selection of items available. The treasure you find will be limited at first, but over time you’ll be able to upgrade the Chalice to acquire more plentiful and powerful rewards.
Each player will claim their Chalice at the start of the Season through an introductory quest line. From there, it can be shared between different Guardians on the same account.
How does it work?
- Earn runes to slot on your Chalice through the following:
- Completing weekly bounties
- Opening up the weekly chests on the new Nessus Barge
- Using a consumable that will reward you a rune after a strike, Crucible, or Gambit completion
- The same consumable will also give other players in your fireteam a chance to earn an additional rune
- Slot the runes into your Chalice before you enter the Menagerie
- Play the Menagerie to earn your rewards
- Completing the Menagerie will award you the gear you chose with your rune selections
- Each rune affects what you receive and some of its properties, depending on how you slot them
You will have a host of new Triumphs and bounties to complete that will reward a new currency called Imperials. Using these Imperials, you can upgrade your Chalice to acquire a variety of perks with a wide range of effects, from giving you more powerful rewards per week to allowing you to choose the specific gun and Masterwork stat you get from the Menagerie!
You can earn Imperials several ways:
- Completing weekly bounties
- Completing certain Triumphs
- Using special consumables that allows for Imperial acquisition
- Chalice upgrades that allow you to earn Imperials through playlist activities
You choose which upgrades you unlock first!
- Unlock additional rune slots to allow more control of an item’s specialization
- Upgrade it so you earn more runes, or more rune variety
- Upgrade to allow for additional powerful rewards from the Menagerie
So, for example, if you wanted to earn a random roll of a “Beloved” Sniper Rifle with Handling as the Masterwork trait, you would use a Rune of Jubilation, any red rune, and any purple rune. This rune configuration is your freebie. We’re excited for the community to come together and uncover combinations for each Menagerie reward.
We hope this gives you a better idea of how you’ll earn weapons and armor during Season of Opulence. You will still have to grind to get that perfect roll, but we have given you the option to target the item that you want to optimize and Masterwork.
Pinnacle Weapons and More
Last week, we promised we would share the details on the new pinnacle weapons coming in Season of Opulence as well as some other weapons we are buffing. Here is the Destiny Dev Team to give you one last preview before show time.
Destiny Dev Team: As with Season of the Drifter, we have another three pinnacle weapons to earn in Season of Opulence.
Vanguard—Wendigo-GL3 (Arc Adaptive Grenade Launcher)
- Wendigo-GL3’s unique perk is “Explosive Light—Picking up an Orb of Light increases the next grenade’s blast radius and damage”
- Unlike most drum Grenade Launchers, Wendigo-GL3 comes with Blinding Grenades as its magazine option for some added utility to shut down teleporting Taken Captains or that Cabal Gladiator about to get in your face
- You can carry up to six grenades enhanced by Explosive Light, so be sure to not let any Orbs of Light slip through your fingers when you’ve got this weapon equipped
Crucible—Revoker (Kinetic Aggressive Sniper Rifle)
- Revoker’s unique perk is “Reversal of Fortune—Missing a shot returns the bullet to the magazine after a short duration”
- Even the greatest of snipers is not a perfect sharpshooter, and you miss every shot you don’t take
- Revoker was built with the mindset that you should always go for it, but keep in mind that Reversal of Fortune can only return a single bullet at a time
- Along with its unique perk, this sniper has a custom low zoom Ambush SLH25 scope and Snapshot for those close quarters battles
- Acquiring Revoker will not require reaching Fabled rank in Competitive
- Players will need to earn 3500 total Glory points
- You do not lose progress when losing a match
Gambit—Hush (Solar Precision Combat Bow)
- Hush’s unique perk is “Archer’s Gambit—Hipfire precision hits grant a massive draw speed bonus for a short duration”
- This weapon is for those who would proclaim mastery with the Combat Bow
- Archer’s Gambit pays out significantly better than Archer’s Tempo, but it’s going to take a more skilled hand to get the most out of it
- Make those shots count
We also have a few weapons and archetypes getting some tuning to make them more effective. Contrary to a popular meme, we will be buffing Fusion Rifles this season.
- Non-Exotic Fusion Rifles
- Damage increased against PvE combatants
- High-Impact increased by 30%
- Precision increased by 44%
- Adaptive increased by 44%
- Rapid-Fire increased by 47%
- Damage increased against PvE combatants
While some of the Exotic Fusion Rifles (Telesto, Jötunn, Merciless) did receive minor adjustments due to inheriting from their Legendary counterparts, they’re minor increases, under 5% each. This change was done to move Legendary Fusion Rifles a little closer to the Exotics as the gap between them was quite large, at least in PvE.
Sturm and Drang
- Storm and Stress max overcharge rounds increased to 99
- “Sturm Overcharge” buff text now displays the number of overcharge rounds
- Overcharge damage increased by 100% in PvE
Sturm and Drang were weapons that lost a bit of their place in PvE once Forsaken hit. Not being able to carry around a special weapon hurts your output, so Sturm fell to the wayside. With these changes, along with a new version of Drang coming out in the Season of Opulence, we hope that it has some time to shine again.
- Ammo capacity increased to a max of 70
- Starting ammo increased by 10
- Black Talon
- Ground and aerial projectile ammo cost increased from 3 to 4
- Adaptive Frame
- Ground uppercut ammo cost increased from 3 to 4
- Aggressive Frame
- Now lunge at target with their aerial light attack
- Light attack consolidated into a single damage event
- Slam attack consolidated into a single damage event
- Slam attack ammo cost increased from 3 to 4
- Lightweight Frame
- Damage tuning
- Ground light attack increased by 17%
- Aerial light attack decreased by 21%
- Ground dash attack increased by 87%
- Aerial dash attack increased by 78%
- No ammo aerial light attack decreased by 49%
- All other no ammo attacks decreased by 15%
- Ground dash attack ammo cost increased from 2 to 3
- Damage tuning
Swords are getting some adjustments. We increased ammo capacity, but also increased the cost of heavy attacks proportionally to encourage mixing in light attacks to get the most out of them instead of just repeatedly using heavy attacks. Also, much like how Drang will show up in a new form for the Season of Opulence, the Lightweight and Aggressive swords are getting the same treatment.
Raiders of the Lost Vault
Last week, we put out an update on the upcoming World First raid race starting on June 4. You can also check out our official World First rules. At the end of race, six players will earn themselves a championship belt. Here is a work-in-progress preview of what it’s going to look like.
Are you an avid raider, but don’t think you can finish first? There are still some other enticing rewards available for those brave enough to tackle the raid soon after launch. If you are able to defeat the final encounter in the first 24 hours, you will receive the “Heavy is the Crown” emblem.
Don’t think you have it in you to finish in the first day? You still have time to commemorate your achievement if you can best the Crown of Sorrow raid before the weekly reset on 6/11. Do that, and you will unlock the ability to purchase this exclusive Bungie Rewards jacket.
Even if you don’t enjoy raiding, we will have some more cool stuff for you on the Bungie store starting on 6/4
Patch Note Preview
Next week, Season of Opulence will go live. Update 2.5.0 is the ship carrying it to your platform of choice. We wanted to take this final moment to give you one last preview of some of the changes you can expect to see in the full patch notes on June 4.
- Fixed and issue where the Heroic version of Zero Hour would only be available on the first character to complete the activity on each account
- The Luxurious Toast emote now allows players to sit for as long as they desire
- Players can no longer win Crucible matches by getting kills after the timer has expired
- Fixed an issue where the action for applying shaders, ornaments, holograms, or using consumables was getting cancelled and not applying on the first attempt
- There are still actions that will cancel the apply function, such as hitting the “Preview” button, exiting Inventory early, letting up on the “Apply” button too early, or completely moving the cursor off of the item being applied
- Players with multiple Radiant Matrix materials in their inventory will now have them removed when “Returning to Ada-1” on the appropriate weapon frame quest step
- If players have Radiant Matrix materials sitting with the Postmaster, they will need to pull them out before speaking with Ada-1
One more notable upgrade you’ll notice as Season of Opulence begins will be your Pursuits tab.
The Pursuits menu will be moved from your Inventory to the Director. With this update, you’ll be able to switch between Pursuits and the Director overview in one move. With the objectives displayed in the new tab, it should be easier than ever for you to plan your gameplay session and knock out some bounties more efficiently. We also added some filters to give you a “quests only” and “bounties only” view, so you can separate limited-time pursuits from long-term pursuits. We also increased the pursuits size from 50 to 63 to give you more room to horde some bounties.
At Your Service
The Player Support Team will be on hand during next week’s launch. If things get weird, let them know on the #Help forum.
This is their report.
Destiny 2 Update 188.8.131.52
Next Tuesday, June 4, the 184.108.40.206 update will be released to players in Destiny 2. This update marks the beginning of Season of Opulence, and is required in order to access Destiny 2 once it has been deployed. Listed below is the release timeline for this update.
Tuesday, June 4:
- 7 AM PDT (1400 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance will begin.
- 8 AM PDT (1500 UTC): Destiny 2 and Companion features will be taken offline. Destiny 2 Update 220.127.116.11 will begin rolling out across all platforms and regions.*
- 10 AM PDT (1700 UTC): Maintenance will conclude. Destiny 2 and Companion features will be back online. Season of Opulence will begin.
*Players on console who are taking an abnormally long time to receive this update should try updating manually. Follow the links below for instructions on how to accomplish this:
Players who still do not see this update may wish to try power cycling their console hardware. To do this, players should:
- Completely power down the console. Ensure that the device is not in rest mode.
- Unplug the console from its power source.
- Wait 5 minutes.
- Plug back in and try again.
If the update is available, it should begin downloading automatically after power cycling the console hardware. If not, players may wish to try manually checking for this update once more before resorting to another power cycle.
During this same window, we will also be conducting backend maintenance for Destiny 1. For live updates during this deployment window, players should follow @BungieHelp on Twitter or monitor our support feed at help.bungie.net.
Crown of Sorrow Raid World First Race
Last week at Bungie, we promised that we’d share more information about how players can make sure they are at the starting line for the Crown of Sorrow raid at 4 PM PDT on Tuesday, June 4. Here’s what you need to know:
- As called out last week, players must complete the day one quest for Season of Opulence in order to access the Crown of Sorrow raid once it unlocks at 4 PM PDT.
- In game, this quest will be granted to players as “An Imperial Summons,” and will conclude as “The Invitation.”
- As players complete this quest, they will be awarded rare gear that will bring them up to 690 Power.
We’d also like to remind all World First contenders that players who join in progress during the Crown of Sorrow raid’s first encounter will spawn in dead outside of the encounter space. To mitigate this issue, all fireteam members must join up in Orbit prior to launching the Crown of Sorrow raid activity.
Living in Infamy
Players should be aware that turning in completed Gambit or Gambit Prime bounties from Season of the Drifter after Season of Opulence begins will result in the player’s next Infamy rank up granting rewards capped at 700 Power.
To mitigate this, players are encouraged to turn in all completed bounties before Season of Opulence begins. For more information, players should see the “Cleaning House” sections of the following blog posts:
Listen, we got the movies. They are ready to go below. As always, if you win, make sure your player name is in the description of the video so we can get you your emblem. Let’s do this.
Movie of the Week: TR3-VR Perfected
Honorable Mention: Mirror
Only five more sleeps until Season of Opulence. Assuming you have a healthy sleep schedule. We hope you do. It’s really important for your health.
If you’re hungry for new rewards to add to your collection, here’s some concept art to hold you over until next Tuesday.
We mentioned that we’re about to begin a Season that will close out this year of Destiny 2. We’re hoping that has you wondering what we have in store for the next year of Destiny 2, because we have some exciting announcements to make. Once the new Season has begun, the Chalices have been claimed, and a brave fireteam of Guardians write their names into the history of raid champions, you’ll have a new invitation to accept…
We hope to see you there—for all of it. Next week will be all about new beginnings. It wouldn’t be the same without you.
Source: Bungie Website (view original article)