Happy Friday Guardians! This weekend you can find Xûr hanging out at the Hangar in the Tower. Check out what Xûr has this week and recent news below. (click the image shown below to view full view and zoom in for larger text)
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine.
Departs: Tues, Aug 06 @ 10 AM Pacific
Location: Hangar, Tower (Up stairs behind the Dead Orbit area)
All Exotic Items Available
Titan: One-Eyed Mask – Helmet (23 LS)
Hunter: St0mp-EE5 – Leg Armor (23 LS)
Five of Swords (Legendary Challenge Card for Nightfall) – Enables modifiers in Nightfall strikes on Prestige difficulty. More challenging modifiers apply larger score multipliers. This will replace a Rare Challenge Card in your inventory. (Free Item)
Isochronal/Fated Engram – Exotic Engram: An engram with a predestined outcome. It will contain a new Exotic if any remain to be collected. In other words this engram rewards you with an exotic that you have not already earned, year one and Forsaken items only. (97 LS)
Invitation of the Nine Quest (9 LS)
Destiny 2 | XUR’S EXOTICS & ENHANCED ROLLS! Xur Location, GOD Rolls & NEW Exotics | 2nd August 2019 by xHOUNDISHx by Mesa Sean on YouTube << Click link for more Destiny 2 videos!
SOLSTICE OF HEROES – FREE SUMMER EVENT
Live Now until Aug 27 (For all players!)
Solstice of Heroes is a grand tradition among Guardians. It’s a chance for us all to reflect on past hardships and celebrate the resilience of humanity’s foremost defenders. All players of Destiny 2 are welcome to participate in this event, which will begin on July 30 and run until August 27. (Some content will require Forsaken and the Annual Pass)
Note: If you fully upgrade your armor set to the Legendary tier during Solstice of Heroes, you’ll also find an armor 2.0 version of your Solstice of Heroes set at the Gunsmith when Shadowkeep launches.
For more details click here or visit the official post by Bungie at .
NEXT IN WEEK IN DESTINY 2:
- Solstice of Heroes enters it’s second week (ends Aug 27)
- Mars will be the weekly Flashpoint.
- The Dreaming City Curse will be at Full Strength, Shattered Throne portal will be open!
SHADOWKEEP LAUNCH DATE CHANGE
Yesterday, August 01 Bungie announced they are changing the date for Shadowkeep and New Light from September 17 to October 1.
As we get closer and closer to serving up Shadowkeep and New Light, it has become increasingly clear to us that our releases for this Fall would benefit from a bit more time in the oven.
Being independent means that the future of Destiny 2 is entirely on our team. It also means that we’re agile enough to choose to do what’s best for the game and our players, even if it’s the hard choice.
We wanted to let you—our Community—know first that we’re changing the date for Shadowkeep and New Light from September 17 to October 1.
This Fall is the first step on a journey for what our team wants Destiny 2 to become – a place for you and your friends to play anytime, anywhere; owning the action MMO and RPG elements that we love about the game; and crushing barriers to entry for friends. We just need a bit of extra time to take the first step.
We didn’t make this decision lightly. We know for some of you (us too), Destiny releases are events where you take time off of work or develop a sudden sickness that keeps you from school or work (we get it, a bunch of our team takes some time off to go on their own Destiny Jacket Quest). We’re sorry for screwing up your plans and we wanted to share this information as quickly as we could.
Here’s some more date housecleaning:
- The World First for the new Raid Garden of Salvation will begin on Saturday, October 5. It’s a weekend Raid race and Contest will be active
- We’re extending Moments of Triumph through September 17 – you’ll have three more weeks to complete this year’s challenges and unlock all of the in-game and Bungie rewards
- We’re going to run an additional Iron Banner the week of September 17 as well
- Cross Save will come online later this Summer, so you’ll have time to sort out your Friend Lists well ahead of Shadowkeep
More to come next week. Thanks for playing and see you soon,
Luke & Mark
Source: Bungie.net (view original article)
Scheduled to arrive 09/03 – 09/10 (as shown in the graphic by Bungie above)
Here’s a preview of Destiny 2 Update 220.127.116.11 scheduled to release Sept 03 – Sept 10:
- Moments of Triumph has been extended through 9/17.
- Gambit Prime and Reckoning weapon reward rates will be highly increased.
- They will also have bad-luck protection to guarantee a drop after a set amount of runs.
- Reckoning difficulty will be tuned to be more welcoming as you hunt for rewards.
- BrayTech Schematics will no longer have a daily lockout and will give better chances toward weapons that players do not own.
- Mountaintop and Wendigo GL3 pinnacle quests will become more accessible.
- Specific quest objectives will be tuned based on player feedback
- There will be multiple weeks of increased Valor and Infamy to look forward to in September.
- Iron Banner will be accompanied by increased Valor in each event.
- As the season comes to a close, Menagerie chests will become more rewarding as Calus sees fit.
- On the week of Destiny 2 Update 18.104.22.168, we’ll be hosting a Community Challenge of sorts. Stay tuned for more details.
Note: While Moments of Triumph has been extended, Solstice of Heroes will end on August 27. If you wish to complete all Moments of Triumph, be sure to earn your Legendary Solstice set and Masterwork one piece before that deadline. Bungie stated they will have more specifics on these notes in the near future.
RECENT NEWS (via Bungie.net)
Aug 01: Shadowkeep – New Launch Window
If your looking for the Weekly Reset post or infographics, click here.
Note: Now that I have a PC capable of gaming I would like to invite you all to join my Discord server, just click and open the image below to join. I will be using this Discord to keep in touch with my community, posts infographics and posts to before posting elsewhere, have exclusive giveaways, and what I really would like is for it to become a fun, laid back community to connect, chat and play games with others. Please keep in mind that I am very new to Discord but will be doing my best to learn quickly and plan to be using Discord regularly once Shadowkeep arrives. I hope to see you all there!
Have a great week everyone!
♥ Kyber3000 (Kimberly)