DESTINY 2 WEEKLY RESET (Aug 06 – Aug 13)
This week in Destiny 2 Moments of Triumph and Solstice of Heroes continues. Check out the info below for a more detailed look at this weeks reset. If you would like a larger view of the infographics in this post, click and open them and then zoom in for larger text. Please note, it might take a few seconds to load once you zoom in.
Crown of Sorrow: Limited Blessings (Hive Ritual)
- There must not be more than two players with the Witch’s Blessing buff at the same time.
Scourge of the Past: Hold the Line (Botza Downtown)
- Do not let the map generator timer drop below half.
Last Wish Raid: Forever Fight
- Do not kill the small Ogres.
Weekly Order: Gardens > Pools > Gauntlet > Calus
- Players must not stand on the same plate more than once.
PRESTIGE RAID LAIRS (Eater of Worlds + Spire of Stars)
Active Modifier: Gladiator
- Melee kills buff weapon damage, and weapon kills buff melee damage.
Armsmaster Required Loadout
- Kinetic: Shotgun
- Energy: Auto Rifle
- Power: Rocket Launcher
Guides and more info:
- Weekly Nightfall Challenge: Complete this week’s Nightfall.
- Weekly Score Challenge: Complete a Nightfall with a team high-score above 100,000.
Lake of Shadows
Earth. Stem the tide of Taken flowing into the European Dead Zone from beneath the waves.
Unique Item: The Militia’s Birthright – Legendary Grenade Launcher (Kinetic)
Will of the Thousands
Mars. Defeat Xol before everything is destroyed.
Unique Item: Worm God Incarnation – Transmat Effect
The Hollowed Lair
The Tangled Shore. The Fanatic has returned. Take him down and finish the job you started.
Unique Item: Mindbender’s Ambition – Legendary Shotgun (Energy)
Click here to view all of the Nightfall unique rewards available.
Mars: Complete various activities including public events, Lost Sectors, and Heroic adventures.
View guides on how to complete heroic public events here.
Annual Pass Required
Heroic Boss: Hasapiko, Beloved by Calus (Vex Minotaur)
Void Singe: Void damage increases slightly from all sources.
- Extinguish: If your fireteam falls in a Restricted Zone, everyone is returned to orbit.
- Blackout: Enemy melee attacks are significantly more powerful, and radar is disabled.
- Iron: Enemies have more health and are not staggered by damage.
View the Menagerie page for guides and more details.
Challenge: Successfully complete tiers. (Higher tiers grant the most efficient progress)
This Week: The Swords
Solar Singe: Solar damage increases slightly from all sources.
- Just In Case – Sword (T3)
- Night Watch – Scout Rifle (T2 and T3)
- Lonesome – Sidearm (T2 and T3)
- Last Man Standing – Shotgun (T2 and T3)
- Sole Survivor – Sniper Rifle (T2 and T3)
Next Week: Likeness of Oryx
Weekly Location: Rheasilvia
Dreaming City Cycle: Full Curse (Shattered Throne is available)
Rewards Powerful Gear:
- Vendor Challenge: Complete 2 Weekly Bounties on the Dreaming City.
- War for the Dreaming City: Complete 8 daily bounties on the Dreaming City.
- Quest: Dark Monastery – Provide recon for Petra’s forces by investigating strange enemy activity in Rheasilvia.
- Ascendant Challenge: Ouroborea, Aphelion’s Rest
- Gateway Between Worlds: Complete Blind Well on The Dreaming City to receive an offering for the Oracle.
- Blind Well: Taken, Plague: Inomina
Final Boss: Nur Abath, Crest of Xol (Hive Ogre) – This boss is surrounded by a transparent aura that grants him an immunity shield whenever any Hive passes through it, kill all enemies in the aura to remove it.
Potential Drops: Ikelos_SG_v1.0.1 – Legendary Shotgun
Note: Shown below is the new Escalation Protocol infographic, it is pretty much complete but will have a few touch ups and changes. There will also be a vertical version for IG Story posts soon. If you have any suggestions or feedback feel free to leave a comment or send me a DM on Twitter or IG.
MORE ACTIVITY INFO
Singe: Void damage increases slightly from all sources (Elemental singe on Strikes, Heroic Adventures, and Heroic Story Missions).
Moments of Triumphs: Live until Sept 17 (view more info here)
Solstice of Heroes: Live until August 27 (view more info here).
Crucible Playlist: Doubles
Spider’s Wanted Bounty: Blood Cleaver (Grove of Ulan-Tan Lost Sector on Io)
- Guardian of All Challenge with Ikora: Complete 20 bounties of any type.
- Clan Rewards: Earn 5,000 XP for your clan.
- Strike Challenge: Complete 3 strikes using the same sub-class element as the weekly singe.
- Heroic Story: Complete 3 Daily Story missions.
- Heroic Adventure: Check in-game to see what the adventure is (will be on the same planet as the weekly Flashpoint).
- Crucible: Complete 5 matches in the Crucible.
- Gambit: Complete 3 matches.
- Gambit Prime: Complete 4 matches.
- Recipe for Success (Ada-1): Successfully forge multiple weapon frames in the lost forges of the Black Armory.
- Drifter Bounty: Visit the Drifter each week to pick up the weekly bounty.
Clan Engrams: Gambit, Crucible, Nightfall, and Raid. (When your clan completes each weekly clan challenges above, every member in the clan will get one powerful engram per activity completed)
Arrives: Friday, Aug 09 @ 10 AM PT
Departs: Tuesday, Aug 13 @ 10 AM PT
Check back on Friday’s for Xûr’s Inventory and Location.
Yesterday, August 01 Bungie announced they are changing the date for Shadowkeep and New Light from September 17 to October 1.
As we get closer and closer to serving up Shadowkeep and New Light, it has become increasingly clear to us that our releases for this Fall would benefit from a bit more time in the oven.
Being independent means that the future of Destiny 2 is entirely on our team. It also means that we’re agile enough to choose to do what’s best for the game and our players, even if it’s the hard choice.
We wanted to let you—our Community—know first that we’re changing the date for Shadowkeep and New Light from September 17 to October 1.
This Fall is the first step on a journey for what our team wants Destiny 2 to become – a place for you and your friends to play anytime, anywhere; owning the action MMO and RPG elements that we love about the game; and crushing barriers to entry for friends. We just need a bit of extra time to take the first step.
We didn’t make this decision lightly. We know for some of you (us too), Destiny releases are events where you take time off of work or develop a sudden sickness that keeps you from school or work (we get it, a bunch of our team takes some time off to go on their own Destiny Jacket Quest). We’re sorry for screwing up your plans and we wanted to share this information as quickly as we could.
Here’s some more date housecleaning:
- The World First for the new Raid Garden of Salvation will begin on Saturday, October 5. It’s a weekend Raid race and Contest will be active
- We’re extending Moments of Triumph through September 17 – you’ll have three more weeks to complete this year’s challenges and unlock all of the in-game and Bungie rewards
- We’re going to run an additional Iron Banner the week of September 17 as well
- Cross Save will come online later this Summer, so you’ll have time to sort out your Friend Lists well ahead of Shadowkeep
More to come next week. Thanks for playing and see you soon,
Luke & Mark
Source: Bungie.net (view original article)
Scheduled to arrive 09/03 – 09/10 (as shown in the graphic by Bungie above)
Here’s a preview of Destiny 2 Update 184.108.40.206 scheduled to release Sept 03 – Sept 10:
- Moments of Triumph has been extended through 9/17.
- Gambit Prime and Reckoning weapon reward rates will be highly increased.
- They will also have bad-luck protection to guarantee a drop after a set amount of runs.
- Reckoning difficulty will be tuned to be more welcoming as you hunt for rewards.
- BrayTech Schematics will no longer have a daily lockout and will give better chances toward weapons that players do not own.
- Mountaintop and Wendigo GL3 pinnacle quests will become more accessible.
- Specific quest objectives will be tuned based on player feedback
- There will be multiple weeks of increased Valor and Infamy to look forward to in September.
- Iron Banner will be accompanied by increased Valor in each event.
- As the season comes to a close, Menagerie chests will become more rewarding as Calus sees fit.
- On the week of Destiny 2 Update 220.127.116.11, we’ll be hosting a Community Challenge of sorts. Stay tuned for more details.
Note: While Moments of Triumph has been extended, Solstice of Heroes will end on August 27. If you wish to complete all Moments of Triumph, be sure to earn your Legendary Solstice set and Masterwork one piece before that deadline. Bungie stated they will have more specifics on these notes in the near future.
RECENT NEWS (via Bungie.net)
Aug 01: Shadowkeep – New Launch Window
Note: Now that I have a PC capable of gaming I would like to invite you all to join my Discord server, just click and open the link or image below to join. I will be using this Discord to keep in touch with my community, post infographics and other content, exclusive giveaways, and most of all what I really want is for my Discord server to be a fun and laid back community where people can connect, chat, and find others to play games with. Please keep in mind that I am very new to Discord but will be doing my best to learn quickly and plan to be using Discord regularly once Shadowkeep arrives. I hope to see you all there!
Have a great week everyone!
♥ Kyber3000 (Kimberly)