DESTINY 2 WEEKLY RESET (Aug 20 – Aug 27)
Here is a summary of what’s going on this week:
- This is the final week of Solstice of Heroes! (Ends: August 27)
- PC is moves to Steam Today, August 20! (Bungie.net/PcMove)
- Cross Save arrives Tomorrow, August 21 (Bungie.net/CrossSave)
- Moments of Triumph continues until Sept 17!
If you would like a larger view of the infographics in this post, click and open them and then zoom in for larger text. Please note, it might take a few seconds to load once you zoom in.
Crown of Sorrow: With Both Hands (Ghalran)
- Players must shoot (stun) one and only one of Gahlran’s hands during the hand-raising phases.
Scourge of the Past: To Each Their Own (Insurrection Prime)
- Each player must break one of Insurrection Prime’s shield weak points and must not shoot more than once each damage phase.
Last Wish Raid: Strength of Memory (Riven)
- Players must not shoot the same Riven eye more than one time.
Weekly Order: Gauntlet > Gardens > Pools > Calus
Challenge: Throne (Calus)
- Activate all four plates at the same time and before damaging Calus, on all damage phases.
PRESTIGE RAID LAIRS (Eater of Worlds + Spire of Stars)
Active Modifier: Arsenal
- Weapons have no reserve ammo. Emptying the clip of your weapon refills the clips of your holstered weapons.
Armsmaster Required Loadout
- Kinetic: Auto Rifle
- Energy: Auto Rifle
- Power: Anything
Guides and more info:
- Weekly Nightfall Challenge: Complete this week’s Nightfall.
- Weekly Score Challenge: Complete a Nightfall with a team high-score above 100,000.
Nessus. Purge the Fallen infestation of the Exodus Black.
Unique Item: Impact Velocity – Exotic Sparrow
Tree of Probabilities
Mercury. Contain a rampant army of Red Legion within the Infinite Forest.
Unique Item: D.F.A. – Legendary Hand Cannon
The Dreaming City. Hunt down one of Queen Mara’s most trusted advisors and free her from Taken possession.
Unique Item: Horror’s Least – Legendary Pulse Rifle (Energy)
Click here to view all of the Nightfall unique rewards available.
TANGLED SHORE: Complete various activities including public events, Lost Sectors, and Heroic adventures.
View guides on how to complete heroic public events here.
Heroic Boss: Pagouri, Beloved by Calus
Arc Singe: Arc damage increases slightly from all sources.
- Extinguish: If your fireteam falls in a Restricted Zone, everyone is returned to orbit.
- Match Game: Enemy shields are highly resistant to all unmatched elemental damage.
- Attrition: Regeneration is greatly impaired. Defeating enemies may create wells of Light.
View the Menagerie page for guides and more details.
Challenge: Successfully complete tiers. (Higher tiers grant the most efficient progress)
This Week: The Swords
Void Singe: Void damage increases slightly from all sources.
- Just In Case – Sword (T3)
- Night Watch – Scout Rifle (T2 and T3)
- Lonesome – Sidearm (T2 and T3)
- Last Man Standing – Shotgun (T2 and T3)
- Sole Survivor – Sniper Rifle (T2 and T3)
Next Week: Likeness of Oryx
Weekly Location: Divalian Mists
Dreaming City Cycle: Growing (The Curse will be at full strength on Aug 27)
Rewards Powerful Gear:
- Vendor Challenge: Complete 2 Weekly Bounties on the Dreaming City.
- War for the Dreaming City: Complete 8 daily bounties on the Dreaming City.
- Quest: The Oracle Engine – The Taken threaten to take control of an irreplaceable Awoken communications device.
- Ascendant Challenge: Shattered Ruins, Spine of Keres
- Gateway Between Worlds: Complete Blind Well on The Dreaming City to receive an offering for the Oracle.
- Blind Well: Hive, Plague: Cragur
Boss: Damkath, the Mask (Hive Ogre) – Can only be damaged by shooting the growth on his back.
Potential Drops: Ikelos_SR_v1.0.1 – Legendary Sniper Rifle
Note: Shown below is the new Escalation Protocol infographic, it is pretty much complete but will have a few touch ups and changes. There will also be a vertical version for IG Story posts soon. If you have any suggestions or feedback feel free to leave a comment or send me a DM on Twitter or IG.
MORE ACTIVITY INFO
Weekly Singe: Solar damage increases slightly from all sources (Elemental singe on Strikes, Heroic Adventures, and Heroic Story Missions).
Moments of Triumphs: Live until Sept 17 (view more info here)
Solstice of Heroes: Live until August 27 (view more info here).
Crucible Playlist: Showdown
Spider’s Wanted Bounty: Blood Cleaver (Located on Io, pick up bounty from Spider)
- Guardian of All Challenge with Ikora: Complete 20 bounties of any type.
- Clan Rewards: Earn 5,000 XP for your clan.
- Strike Challenge: Complete 3 strikes using the same sub-class element as the weekly singe.
- Heroic Story: Complete 3 Daily Story missions.
- Heroic Adventure: Check in-game to see what the adventure is (will be on the same planet as the weekly Flashpoint).
- Crucible: Complete 5 matches in the Crucible.
- Gambit: Complete 3 matches.
- Gambit Prime: Complete 4 matches.
- Recipe for Success (Ada-1): Successfully forge multiple weapon frames in the lost forges of the Black Armory.
- Drifter Bounty: Visit the Drifter each week to pick up the weekly bounty.
Clan Engrams: Gambit, Crucible, Nightfall, and Raid. (When your clan completes each weekly clan challenges above, every member in the clan will get one powerful engram per activity completed)
Arrives: Friday, Aug 23 @ 10 AM PT
Departs: Tuesday, Aug 27 @ 10 AM PT
Check back on Friday’s for Xûr’s Inventory and Location.
Today, PC begins it’s migration to Steam, for more details about this visit Bungie.net/PcMove. The next stop on the road to Shadowkeep is Cross Save. Tomorrow, August 21, Cross Save will become available to all players of Destiny 2! For more info visit Bungie.net/CrossSave.
SHADOWKEEP (October 1, 2019)
- All Guardians will be 750 Power when New Light arrives on October 01, this includes all items even in your vault. (see Director’s Cut Part II for more details)
- Destiny 2 will arrive on Steam for the first time on October 1. Today, August 20, you’ll be invited to begin the process of linking your PC player accounts for a smooth transition of your Guardians and all your game purchases. bungie.net/pcmove
- The launch of Cross Save is planned for Tomorrow, August 21. Before that happens, check out the new information Bungie is serving up about how it will work and what you’ll be able to bring with you. If you’ve been nurturing Guardians on more than one account, you’ll have some choices to make. bungie.net/crosssave
- The World First for the new Raid Garden of Salvation will begin on Saturday, October 5.
Here are a few of the newest Shadowkeep and Season of the Undying videos.
Click here to watch the Inside Xbox Gamescom Livestream with Deej (Fast forward to 01h 23m)
RECENT NEWS (via Bungie.net)
Aug 15: Director’s Cut – Part III
Aug 14: Director’s Cut – Part II
Aug 13: Director’s Cut – Part I