DESTINY 2 WEEKLY RESET (Aug 27 – Sept 03)
Here is a summary of what’s going on this week:
- Moments of Triumph continues until Sept 17!
- Iron Banner is live, plus all players earn increased Valor in Crucible playlists.
If you would like a larger view of the infographics in this post, click and open them and then zoom in for larger text. Please note, it might take a few seconds to load once you zoom in.
Crown of Sorrow: Limited Blessings (Hive Ritual)
- There must not be more than two players with the Witch’s Blessing buff at the same time.
Scourge of the Past: Hold the Line (Botza Downtown)
- Do not let the map generator timer drop below half.
Last Wish Raid: Summoning Ritual (Kalli)
- Activate all 9 plates, then kill all Knights and Ogres before damaging Kalli.
Weekly Order: Pools > Gauntlet > Gardens > Calus
Challenge: Royal Pools
- One player must stay in the middle area (with boots in the water) until encounter is completed.
PRESTIGE RAID LAIRS (Eater of Worlds + Spire of Stars)
Active Modifier: Gladiator
Melee kills buff weapon damage, and weapon kills buff melee damage.
Armsmaster Required Loadout
- Kinetic: Sidearm
- Energy: Scout Rifle
- Power: Sword
Guides and more info:
- Weekly Nightfall Challenge: Complete this week’s Nightfall.
- Weekly Score Challenge: Complete a Nightfall with a team high-score above 100,000.
Mars. Defeat Nokris before he completes his ritual.
Unique Item: BrayTech Osprey – Legendary Rocket Launcher
Warden of Nothing
Prison of Elders. Help the Drifter restore order at the Prison of Elders.
Unique Item: Warden’s Law – Legendary Hand Cannon (Kinetic)
The Dreaming City. Hunt down one of Queen Mara’s most trusted advisors and free her from Taken possession.
Unique Item: Horror’s Least – Legendary Pulse Rifle (Energy)
Click here to view all of the Nightfall unique rewards available.
Io: Complete various activities including public events, Lost Sectors, and Heroic adventures.
View guides on how to complete heroic public events here.
Heroic Boss: Hasapiko, Beloved by Calus (Vex Minotaur)
Void Singe: Void damage increases slightly from all sources.
- Extinguish: If your fireteam falls in a Restricted Zone, everyone is returned to orbit.
- Blackout: Enemy melee attacks are significantly more powerful, and radar is disabled.
- Iron: Enemies have more health and are not staggered by damage.
View the Menagerie page for guides and more details.
Challenge: Successfully complete tiers. (Higher tiers grant the most efficient progress)
This Week: Likeness of Oryx
Solar Singe: Solar damage increases slightly from all sources.
- Doomsday – Grenade Launcher (T3)
- Gnawing Hunger – Auto Rifle (T3)
- Bug-Out Bag – Submachine Gun (T2/T3)
- Spare Rations – Hand Cannon (T2/T3)
- Outlast – Pulse Rifle (T2/T3)
Next Week: The Swords
Weekly Location: Rheasilvia
Dreaming City Cycle: Full Curse (Shattered Throne is available)
Rewards Powerful Gear:
- Vendor Challenge: Complete 2 Weekly Bounties on the Dreaming City.
- War for the Dreaming City: Complete 8 daily bounties on the Dreaming City.
- Quest: Dark Monastery – Provide recon for Petra’s forces by investigating strange enemy activity in Rheasilvia.
- Ascendant Challenge: Keep of Honed Edges, Harbinger’s Seclude
- Gateway Between Worlds: Complete Blind Well on The Dreaming City to receive an offering for the Oracle.
- Blind Well: Taken, Plague: Inomina
Boss: Naksud. The Famine (Hive Ogre) – Each Thrall that reaches Naksud will heal the boss. Kill the thrall immediately or deal enough damage to defeat Naksud in one go.
- Ikelos_SR_v1.0.1 – Legendary Sniper Rifle
- Ikelos_SG_v1.0.1 – Legendary Shotgun
- Ikelos_SMG_v1.0.1 – Legendary Submachine Gun
Note: Shown below is the new Escalation Protocol infographic, it is pretty much complete but will have a few touch ups and changes. There will also be a vertical version for IG Story posts soon. If you have any suggestions or feedback feel free to leave a comment or send me a DM on Twitter or IG.
MORE ACTIVITY INFO
Weekly Singe: Void damage increases slightly from all sources (Elemental singe on Strikes, Heroic Adventures, and Heroic Story Missions).
Moments of Triumphs: Live until Sept 17 (view more info here)
Crucible Playlist: Iron Banner, plus earn increased Valor in Crucible playlists.
Spider’s Wanted Bounty: Blood Cleaver (Located on Io, pick up bounty from Spider)
- Guardian of All Challenge with Ikora: Complete 20 bounties of any type.
- Clan Rewards: Earn 5,000 XP for your clan.
- Strike Challenge: Complete 3 strikes using the same sub-class element as the weekly singe.
- Heroic Story: Complete 3 Daily Story missions.
- Heroic Adventure: Check in-game to see what the adventure is (will be on the same planet as the weekly Flashpoint).
- Crucible: Complete 5 matches in the Crucible.
- Gambit: Complete 3 matches.
- Gambit Prime: Complete 4 matches.
- Recipe for Success (Ada-1): Successfully forge multiple weapon frames in the lost forges of the Black Armory.
- Drifter Bounty: Visit the Drifter each week to pick up the weekly bounty.
Clan Engrams: Gambit, Crucible, Nightfall, and Raid. (When your clan completes each weekly clan challenges above, every member in the clan will get one powerful engram per activity completed)
It’s time once again for one of Destiny’s oldest traditions, the Iron Banner. Lord Saladin returns to his perch at the top of the Tower next week to hold this battle between Guardians for control of territory. (Power is enabled)
Start: Tuesday, August 27 @ 10 AM PDT
Ends: Tuesday, September 3 @ 10 AM PDT
Note: Increased Valor has also returned, so if you’re hunting for those final resets required for the Redrix’s Broadsword quest, this is the perfect time to jump in. Moments of Triumph has also been extended through September 17, so this may help you earn the Crucible pinnacle weapon that’s been holding you back from the “MMXIX” title.
Get more Iron Banner details on the DTG Reddit.
Arrives: Friday, Aug 30 @ 10 AM PT
Departs: Tuesday, Sept 03 @ 10 AM PT
Check back on Friday’s for Xûr’s Inventory and Location.
Bungie thought it would be a good idea to get the community in fighting shape to return to the Moon. Not just you, but the entire community.
Start: Tuesday, September 3 @ 10 AM PDT
Ends: Tuesday, September 10 @ 10 AM PDT
- Defeat 175 thousand Wave 7 Escalation Protocol bosses
- Defeat 300 million Hive on Mars
- Mars Nightfalls
- Defeat Nokris 150 thousand times
- Defeat Xol 100 thousand times
- Use 300 thousand Override Frequencies
Now, this wouldn’t be interesting without rewards. If all objectives are completed during the event, any player to complete at least one Nightfall will be granted a unique emblem, granted to only those who rose to the Mars challenge.
This also serves as an opportunity for you to further impress Emperor Calus. If the community reaches all the above goals, Calus will unlock additional rewards for successful Menagerie completions. Starting when goals are met, players will be guaranteed two rewards when slotting their runes and opening the chest, and an additional reward will be added each Friday for the remainder of the Season.
RECENT NEWS (via Bungie.net)
Inside Xbox: Finishers
Shadowkeep gamescom trailer
Season of the Undying trailer
Feel free to join my new Discord to get infographics/posts (infographics are now posted here first), important news, meet/chat with others in the community, and more. Hope you all have a great week!
♥ Kyber3000 (Add me on Steam)
*Kyber3000 and Kyber’s Corner are not affiliated with Destiny 2/Bungie.