Happy Friday Guardians! This weekend you can find Xûr hanging out at The Rig, Titan. Check out what Xûr has this week and recent news below. (click the image shown below to view full view and zoom in for larger text)
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine.
Departs: Tues, Sept 03 @ 10 AM Pacific
Location: The Rig, Titan
All Exotic Items Available
Titan: Aeon Safe – Gauntlets (23 LS)
- Aeon Energy: Summoning a barricade grants the following to nearby Aeon Cult allies: Grenade energy to Warlocks. Melee energy to Titans. Dodge energy to Hunters. Other allies receive a fraction of the shared energy.
- Armor Perk: Mobility Enhancement Mod – Plasteel Reinforcement Mod
- Perk 1: Auto Rifle Loader – Scout Rifle Loader – Submachine Gun Loader
- Perk 2: Grenade Launcher Scavenger – Special Ammo Finder
- Scissor Fingers: Grants two knives per charge.
- Armor Perks: Plasteel Reinforcement Mod – Restorative Mod
- Perk 1: Unflinching Linear Fusion Aim – Unflinching Power Aim – Unflinching Light Arms Aim
- Perk 2: Auto Rifle Reserves – Primary Ammo Finder
- Crystalline Transistor: Precision kills with your Kinetic weapon create an explosion in the element of your equipped subclass.
- Armor Perk: Mobility Enhancement Mod – Restorative Mod
- Perk 1: Unflinching Hand Cannon Aim – Unflinching Scout Rifle Aim – Unflinching Large Arms
- Perk 2: Sidearm Reserves – Special Ammo Finder
- Harsh Truths: This weapon fires a 5-round burst. When a nearby ally is killed, gain health regeneration and increased movement speed.
- Last Stand: Improved weapon performance and greatly increased recovery when its wielder is the last living member of a fireteam.
Five of Swords (Legendary Challenge Card for Nightfall) – Enables modifiers in Nightfall strikes on Prestige difficulty. More challenging modifiers apply larger score multipliers. This will replace a Rare Challenge Card in your inventory. (Free Item)
Isochronal/Fated Engram – Exotic Engram: An engram with a predestined outcome. It will contain a new Exotic if any remain to be collected. In other words this engram rewards you with an exotic that you have not already earned, year one and Forsaken items only. (97 LS)
Invitation of the Nine Quest (9 LS)
It’s time once again for one of Destiny’s oldest traditions, the Iron Banner. Lord Saladin returns to his perch at the top of the Tower next week to hold this battle between Guardians for control of territory. (Power is enabled)
Start: Live Now!!
Ends: Tuesday, September 3 @ 10 AM PDT
Note: Increased Valor has also returned, so if you’re hunting for those final resets required for the Redrix’s Broadsword quest, this is the perfect time to jump in. Moments of Triumph has also been extended through September 17, so this may help you earn the Crucible pinnacle weapon that’s been holding you back from the “MMXIX” title.
Get more Iron Banner details on the DTG Reddit.
Credit: Images/GIF via Bungie
NEXT IN WEEK IN DESTINY 2:
- Moments of Triumph continues.
- September Community Challenge Mars begins.
- Hotfix 184.108.40.206 goes live.
Next week, Hotfix 220.127.116.11 will become available to players in Destiny 2. This hotfix makes several targeted quality-of-life improvements to the Destiny 2 experience, including changes to the quests for the Wendigo GL3 and The Mountaintop pinnacle Grenade Launchers. For deployment times when they are available, follow @BungieHelp on Twitter or monitor the support feed on help.bungie.net. For the full 18.104.22.168 patch notes as soon as they are available, stay tuned to Bungie’s Updates page. Players who observe issues during any maintenance window should report to the #Help forum.
Credit: Image via Bungie
Bungie thought it would be a good idea to get the community in fighting shape to return to the Moon. Not just you, but the entire community.
Starts: Tuesday, September 3 @ 10 AM PDT
Ends: Tuesday, September 10 @ 10 AM PDT
- Defeat 175 thousand Wave 7 Escalation Protocol bosses
- Defeat 300 million Hive on Mars
- Mars Nightfalls
- Defeat Nokris 150 thousand times
- Defeat Xol 100 thousand times
- Use 300 thousand Override Frequencies
Now, this wouldn’t be interesting without rewards. If all objectives are completed during the event, any player to complete at least one Nightfall will be granted a unique emblem, granted to only those who rose to the Mars challenge.
This also serves as an opportunity for you to further impress Emperor Calus. If the community reaches all the above goals, Calus will unlock additional rewards for successful Menagerie completions. Starting when goals are met, players will be guaranteed two rewards when slotting their runes and opening the chest, and an additional reward will be added each Friday for the remainder of the Season.
Credit: Images via Bungie
Aug 29: This Week at Bungie – Out West
The recent post by Bungie included quite a bit of information about what’s happening with Seasons and the Season Pass in Destiny 2. To read the complete post by Luke Smith click here. Below is a look at some of the info:
With every Season Pass, you will get everything you’d expect from a Destiny Season (new activities, rewards, a storyline, et cetera), not just the new Season Rank UI and the reward tracks. Like Luke Smith alluded to way back in the first Director’s Cut, Bungie needs more sustainable ways to deliver rewards, and the Season Rank UI is a big step in getting there.
Season Pass Includes:
Here’s a look at what Season Pass owners get in Season of the Undying (which, again, is included with Shadowkeep):
- Season Pass owners get access to a new seasonal activity, the Vex Offensive, which includes:
- Four Legendary Weapon drops.
- Additional weekly and daily bounties.
- Additional weekly challenges with powerful rewards.
- A new weapon quest for an Exotic Bow, Leviathan’s Breath. Exclusive to Season Pass owners.
- A new Exotic Hand Cannon, Eriana’s Vow.
- Awarded on Rank 35 of the free track
- Awarded on Rank 1 of the premium track
- Three seasonal Legendary armor sets (one for each class)
- Collect a complete set during the first 25 ranks of the free track
- NOTE: This is a change from the Annual Pass, where you were required to purchase gear from the Season.
- On the premium track you get all three sets on Rank 1
- These also drop within the Vex Offensive seasonal activity
- If you want versions with higher stat tiers, you’ll need to play Vex Offensive to earn them.
- Collect a complete set during the first 25 ranks of the free track
- Some additional premium track rewards:
- Three universal ornament armor sets (one for each class)
- An Exotic weapon ornament for Eriana’s Vow
- Two Legendary weapon ornaments
- A new finisher
- An Exotic emote
- An Exotic ship
New Light Includes:
All Destiny 2 players, whether you’re coming in with New Light (will be completely free for all players on Oct 01) or are all-in on Shadowkeep and Season of the Undying, will have access to the following:
- Patrolling the Moon destination
- The opening mission of Shadowkeep
- Two new strikes
- Crucible Updates
- Two returning PvP maps from the D1 era—Widow’s Court and Twilight Gap
- Elimination in Crucible Labs
- Armor 2.0 build customization
- Eye of the Gate Lord Seasonal Artifact
- New finishers
- Two new pinnacle weapons: one for Gambit and one for Crucible
- Free Seasonal Rank rewards, which include:
- New Exotic weapon—Eriana’s Vow
- Three Legendary armor sets (1 per class)
- Two Legendary weapons
- Best of Year 2 Bright Engrams
- Glimmer and upgrade modules
Summary about the Season Pass and Premium Tier Passes: From what I currently understand, all versions of Shadowkeep include the Season Pass (with premium tier). Here is the difference between the two version available: The Standard Version ($30) includes one season pass which is Season of the Undying (includes premium tier pass) and the Deluxe Edition ($60) includes four season passes (includes four premium tier passes). I plan on posting/making something asap to better explain all of this. (Currently the Collector’s Edition is sold out and I’m not sure Bungie plans to restock this)
Related articles and videos:
Credit: Season Pass Image above via Bungie