DESTINY 2 WEEKLY RESET (Sept 24 – Oct 01)
Eyes up Guardians, here is a summary of what’s going on this week and a look at what’s coming:
- Earn increased Valor and Infamy this whole week!
- It is almost time, next week Shadowkeep and Season of the Undying launches!!
Important Notes via @Bungie:
Destiny 2 is available for pre-load on Steam. Stay tuned for this week’s TWAB for final launch instructions. 💻 http://bung.ie/Steam
In preparation for the launch of Destiny 2: Shadowkeep, Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 will be taken offline for maintenance on Monday, 9/30. This maintenance will last for approximately 24 hours, and will end with the launch of Shadowkeep on 10/1.
If you would like a larger view of the infographics in this post, click and open them and then zoom in for larger text. Please note, it might take a few seconds to load once you zoom in.
Crown of Sorrow:
- Limited Blessings (Hive Ritual): There must not be more than two players with the Witch’s Blessing buff at the same time.
Scourge of the Past:
- All for One, One for All: All players in the fireteam must “collect” and deposit each buff. (Note: Everyone individually has to obtain and dunk the Continuous, Angular and Parallel buffs before the boss is killed)
Last Wish Raid:
- Total Victory (Gahlran’s Deception): Players must break the shield of Gahlran’s Deception a total of five times in a single damage phase (which means your team will also need to one-phase the boss).
Weekly Order: Pools > Gauntlet > Gardens > Calus
Challenge: Royal Pools
- One player must stay in the middle area (with boots in the water) until encounter is completed.
PRESTIGE RAID LAIRS (Eater of Worlds + Spire of Stars)
Active Modifier: Prism
Attacks matching the periodically rotating focused element do more damage. Other elemental damage is reduced. Incoming damage is unaffected.
Armsmaster Required Loadout
- Kinetic: Hand Cannon
- Energy: Sniper Rifle
- Power: Anything
Guides and more info:
- Weekly Nightfall Challenge: Complete this week’s Nightfall.
- Weekly Score Challenge: Complete a Nightfall with a team high-score above 100,000.
The Inverted Spire
Unique Item: Trichromatica – Exotic Ghost Shell
The Insight Terminus
Unique Item: The Long Goodbye – Legendary Sniper Rifle (Energy)
Will of the Thousands
Unique Item: Worm God Incarnation – Transmat Effect
Click here to view all of the Nightfall unique rewards available.
Mars: Complete various activities including public events, Lost Sectors, and Heroic adventures.
View guides on how to complete heroic public events here.
Heroic Boss: Arunak, Beloved by Calus (Hive Ogre)
Solar Singe: Solar damage increases slightly from all sources.
- Extinguish: If your fireteam falls in a Restricted Zone, everyone is returned to orbit.
- Grenadier: Grenade abilities deal more damage and recharge much faster.
- Famine: All ammunition drops are significantly reduced.
Challenge: Successfully complete tiers. (Higher tiers grant the most efficient progress)
This Week: Likeness of Oryx
Arc Singe: Arc damage increases slightly from all sources.
- Doomsday – Grenade Launcher (T3)
- Gnawing Hunger – Auto Rifle (T3)
- Bug-Out Bag – Submachine Gun (T2/T3)
- Spare Rations – Hand Cannon (T2/T3)
- Outlast – Pulse Rifle (T2/T3)
Next Week: The Swords
- Just In Case – Sword (T3)
- Night Watch – Scout Rifle (T2 and T3)
- Lonesome – Sidearm (T2 and T3)
- Last Man Standing – Shotgun (T2 and T3)
- Sole Survivor – Sniper Rifle (T2 and T3)
Weekly Location: The Strand
Dreaming City Cycle: Weak Curse (Full Curse returns Oct 08)
Rewards Powerful Gear:
- Vendor Challenge: Complete 2 Weekly Bounties on the Dreaming City.
- War for the Dreaming City: Complete 8 daily bounties on the Dreaming City.
- Quest: Broken Courier – Respond to a distress call in the Strand.
- Ascendant Challenge: Forfeit Shrine, Gardens of Esila
- Gateway Between Worlds: Complete Blind Well on The Dreaming City to receive an offering for the Oracle.
- Blind Well: Scorn, Plagues: Sikariis & Varkuuriis
- This boss has an immunity shield that can only be brought down by Swords, which are obtainable by killing Severing Knights.
MORE ACTIVITY INFO
Weekly Singe: Arc damage increases slightly from all sources (Elemental singe on Strikes, Heroic Adventures, and Heroic Story Missions).
Crucible Playlist: Mayhem
Spider’s Wanted Bounty: Blood Cleaver (Pick up bounty from Spider)
- Guardian of All Challenge with Ikora: Complete 20 bounties of any type.
- Clan Rewards: Earn 5,000 XP for your clan.
- Strike Challenge: Complete 3 strikes using the same sub-class element as the weekly singe.
- Heroic Story: Complete 3 Daily Story missions.
- Heroic Adventure: Check in-game to see what the adventure is (will be on the same planet as the weekly Flashpoint).
- Crucible: Complete 5 matches in the Crucible.
- Gambit: Complete 3 matches.
- Gambit Prime: Complete 4 matches.
- Recipe for Success (Ada-1): Successfully forge multiple weapon frames in the lost forges of the Black Armory.
- Drifter Bounty: Visit the Drifter each week to pick up the weekly bounty.
Clan Engrams: Gambit, Crucible, Nightfall, and Raid. (When your clan completes each weekly clan challenges above, every member in the clan will get one powerful engram per activity completed)
Arrives: Friday, Sept 27 @ 10 AM PT
Departs: Tuesday, Oct 01 @ 10 AM PT
Check back on Friday’s for Xûr’s Inventory and Location.
Sept 19: This Week at Bungie – First to Raid (Includes some important details about World’s First Garden of Salvation raid, Destiny 2 on PC and more)
- Annual Pass content is now available to all Forsaken players of Destiny 2
- All negative modifiers have been removed from the Reckoning
Sept 12: This Week at Bungie – Marking Your Calendars (Includes info about weapon buffs, Reckoning, and Shadowkeep)
Other Important Posts by Bungie:
Arrives October 01
The Annual Pass is now included for FREE for players that own Forsaken. Currently, to buy only Destiny 2 costs around $8.99 at Game Stop and to buy Shadowkeep standard edition (includes Season Pass) costs $34.99. Players will need to get Forsaken and Shadowkeep to have access to ALL content. Shadowkeep standard, deluxe, and collector’s editions include Season of the Undying and the Season Pass. A standalone Season Pass may also be purchased in-game for 1000 Silver. Visit the Bungie Seasons FAQ page for details.
Bungie ViDoc – The Moon and Beyond (Spoiler Warning!!)
Watch by clicking video below or click here to watch on Bungie’s YouTube page.
On Saturday, October 5, Guardians will venture into a new raid: Garden of Salvation. Many of you have been to the Black Garden before, but don’t be fooled—an entirely new challenge awaits you.
Contest mode will be active for the first 24 hours, similar to the Crown of Sorrow World First competition. While Contest is active, players will face an enforced challenge throughout the raid. Power beyond certain levels will provide no additional advantage for a given fight (e.g., for the first fight, Power above 890 doesn’t provide an advantage, and for the final fight, Power above 920 doesn’t provide an advantage).
After the 24-hour period ends, we will disable Contest mode, and players can take full advantage of their higher Power to overcome the raid’s challenges.
Besides bragging rights of course, will be this custom-made Garden of Salvation World First Belt.
You can read the full rules here. The gist is: Only the final six players of the winning fireteam to finish the activity will receive a belt. The first fireteam to complete the raid and return to orbit will be declared the winner. Unlike in previous raids, the winning team won’t receive an Exotic drop from the final encounter, so don’t rely on your loot stream to determine whether you may have won. Bungie will check their data before crowning the official winners from @Bungie.
If you are not first, you don’t have to be last. All Guardians who complete the raid within the first 24 hours will be able to show off this exclusive emblem:
Emblem available to anyone who completes the raid at their leisure:
Stay tuned as Bungie will reveal more Bungie Rewards in Season of the Undying!
Here are some short links to get up-to-date weekly infographics, posts, and social links:
- KYBER3000.COM/LINKS (Features Social Links and Current Infographics)
- kyber3000.com/discord (Join on Discord)
- kyber3000.com/d2resetpost (Weekly Reset Full Post)
- kyber3000.com/d2reset (Weekly Reset Infographic)
- kyber3000.com/d2raids (Weekly Raid Challenges Infographic)
- kyber3000.com/xurpost (Xûr Full Post)
- kyber3000.com/xur (Xûr Infographic)
- kyber3000.com/ep (Escalation Protocol Infographic)
If you experience any issues with the links above, you may click here as this should always be updated. If you are still experiencing any issues please send me a private message on this website, Twitter, Instagram, or Discord. And feel free to join my new Discord Server to get infographics/posts, news and updates, enter exclusive giveaways, and chat with others.
Hope you have a great week!
*Kyber3000 and Kyber’s Corner are not affiliated with Destiny 2/Bungie.