Some sections of this post are being updated.
DESTINY 2 WEEKLY RESET (Oct 15 – Oct 22)
- The Weekly Singe is Arc.
- Io is the weekly Flashpoint.
- The Weekly Modifier is Martyr. Exploder units have more health. (This modifier is on Nightfall The Ordeal and Nightmare Hunts. Some difficulties have more modifiers)
- Iron Banner + Bonus Valor live now (for all players)!
- Legend Nightmare Hunts available now (Requires Shadowkeep)!
- Oct 22: Exotic Quest for Leviathan’s Breath (requires Season of the Undying Pass) and Master Nightmare Hunts (requires Shadowkeep).
- Oct 29: Festival of the Lost (Seasonal Special Event) and new PvP mode Momentum Control arrives for ALL players! As well as the new Dungeon and Exotic Quest for Xenophage arrive (both require Shadowkeep).
The first clan raid challenge for Garden of Salvation arrives on November 05.
CLAN CHALLENGE BOUNTIES
- Forever Fight (Morgeth): Do not kill the small Ogres.
Scourge of the Past:
- All for One, One for All: All players in the fireteam must “collect” and deposit each buff. (Note: Everyone individually has to obtain and dunk the Continuous, Angular and Parallel buffs before the boss is killed)
Crown of Sorrow:
- Total Victory (Galhran’s Deception): Players must break the shield of Gahlran’s Deception a total of five times in a single damage phase (which means your team will also need to one-phase the boss).
Weekly Order: Gardens > Gauntlet > Pools > Calus
Challenge: The Throne (Calus)
- Activate all four plates at the same time and before damaging Calus, for every damage phase.
PRESTIGE RAID LAIRS CHALLENGE (Eater of Worlds + Spire of Stars)
Active Modifier: Prism
- Attacks matching the periodically rotating focused element do more damage. Other elemental damage is reduced. Incoming damage is unaffected.
Armsmaster Required Loadout
- Kinetic: SMG
- Energy: Anything
- Power: Grenade Launcher
Guides and more info:
The Strange Terrain
- Unique Item: BrayTech Osprey – Legendary Rocket Launcher
The Arms Dealer
- Unique Item: Tilt Fuse – Exotic Sparrow
The Scarlet Keep
- Unique Item: No unique item currently
Click here to view all of the Nightfall unique rewards available.
The Inverted Spire
Challenges and Reward:
- Complete 5, higher difficulties grant the most efficient progress. (Powerful T1)
- Complete with a team score of 100k or more (Pinnacle Gear)
- Air Superiority: Flying units do increased damage. (This modifier is on all difficulties. Higher difficulties have more modifiers)
- View modifiers for: Adept | Hero | Legend | Master
Possible Unique Item:
Note: Currently the old/previous Nightfall (shown above) no longer rewards Powerful Gear. The Ordeal is now is the source for Powerful Gear for this activity type. This Nightfall mode drops rewards up to 950 Power, except The Ordeal 100K Score Challenge which grants Pinnacle Rewards.
Io: Complete various activities including public events, Lost Sectors, and Heroic adventures.
Rewards Powerful Gear (Tier 2)
View guides on how to complete heroic public events here.
- Complete 3 Nightmare Hunts to get Powerful Gear (Tier 1)
- Martyr: Exploder units have more health. (On all difficulties)
Hunts this week:
- Anguish: Omnigul (Click to view modifiers: Hero | Master)
- Servitude: Zydron (Click to view modifiers: Hero | Master)
- Pride: Skolas (Click to view modifiers: Hero | Master)
This week you can get Essence of Servitude from Nightmare Hunt: Servitude (Zydron), this quest rewards Dream Breaker fusion rifle after completing it steps.
Note: View more details for Nightmare Hunts here.
View the Lectern of Enchantment // Essence Quests page for more details.
Heroic Boss: Arunak, Hive Ogre
Singe: Solar damage increases slightly from all sources.
- Extinguish: If your fireteam falls in a Restricted Zone, everyone is returned to orbit.
Grenadier: Grenade abilities deal more damage and recharge much faster.
- Famine: All ammunition drops are significantly reduced.
This Week: The Swords
Singe: Arc damage increases slightly from all sources.
- Just In Case – Sword (T3)
- Night Watch – Scout Rifle (T2 and T3)
- Lonesome – Sidearm (T2 and T3)
- Last Man Standing – Shotgun (T2 and T3)
- Sole Survivor – Sniper Rifle (T2 and T3)
Next Week: Likeness of Oryx
Weekly Location: The Strand
Dreaming City Cycle: Weak Curse (“The Shattered Throne” Dungeon will be available at all times now instead of on a three-week cycle. It can also be launched and reset from the Director.)
Challenges and Weekly Quest:
- Ascendant Challenge: Agonarch Abyss, Bay of Drowned Wishes
- Quest: Broken Courier – Respond to a distress call in the Strand.
Note: With the start of Season 8, Petra’s challenges and quests no longer reward powerful gear.
Boss: Nur Abath, Crest of Xol (Hive Ogre)
- This boss is surrounded by a transparent aura that grants him an immunity shield whenever any Hive passes through it, to remove it kill all enemies in aura.
Starts: Live Now!
Ends: Tuesday, Oct 22 @ 10 AM PDT
This season, willing combatants have a chance to earn the new Iron Will armor set. Here is a look at what you stand to gain in battle.
The way you earn rewards in Iron Banner is changing this Season:
- There is a new Seasonal pursuit, which must be completed prior to being able to turn in tokens to purchase packages from Lord Saladin
- This pursuit is character based and rewards the new S8 armor set
- Each step of the pursuit awards Iron Banner weapons or armor
- Most of the objectives within the pursuit track progress at any point during Season of the Undying, even if you have not yet acquired the pursuit
- Until the Seasonal pursuit has been completed, all rewards will be obtained from completing matches and bounties
- All rewards are weapons until the Seasonal pursuit is complete
- The existing seven bounties that offered powerful rewards have been adjusted to offer pinnacle rewards (960 Power max,) but only four are available per event
- Bungie is tracking a bug in which the four bounties offered as pinnacle rewards rotate each day allowing more than four to be completed during a single event.
Because Iron Banner has its own version of Control, the Heavy ammo spawning changes Bungie made early this week will not be reflected in this Iron Banner. Bungie is planning to make this change in a future update before the next event.
Source: Bungie Website (view original article)
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine.
Arrives: Friday, Oct 18 @ 10 AM PT
Departs: Tuesday, Oct 22 @ 10 AM PT
Xûr randomly spawns on one of the planet’s every Friday at 10 AM Pacific. Check back on Friday for Xûr’s Inventory and Location or save these links: kyber3000.com/xur (infographic) and kyber.com/xurpost (post).
Helpful Bungie Links:
Also, if you’re new to Destiny 2 and need to get up to speed, feel free to take a look at the helpful Destiny 2: New Player Guide by Bungie.
Don’t forget to join on Discord for gaming infographics/posts, news and updates, occasional giveaways, and find people to play games with or just chat with others! I appreciate all of you that have supported me and are a part of the Kyber community!