💠 This weekend you can find Xûr hanging out at the Hangar in the Tower and Trials is live on The Dead Cliffs. View Xûr’s complete inventory and Trials info below.
- Website: Depending on how your viewing this post, you may need to disable/turn off reader mode if you notice some text isn’t visible or formatting looks off or visit the full desktop version.
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine.
Departs: Tues, Jul 07 @ 10 AM PDT
Where is Xur? Hangar, Tower (The green arrow below is Xur’s location)
Exotic Armor – 23 LS (Random Rolls are now available)
Exotic Weapon – 29 LS
- Element: Kinect | Type: Kinect | Ammo: Primary
Exotic Engram (97 LS)
- An engram with a predestined outcome. Contains a new Exotic if any remain to be collected; otherwise, it contains a random piece of Exotic armor. This item can be purchase only once per week, per account.
Five of Swords – NF Challenge Card (No Cost)
- Enables modifiers in Nightfall strikes on Prestige difficulty. More challenging modifiers apply larger score multipliers. This will replace a Rare Challenge Card in your inventory.
Departs: Tuesday, Jul 07 @ 10 AM Pacific
Game Type: 3v3 Competitive PvP
- 3 Wins (Powerful): Gauntlets – Titan | Hunter | Warlock
- 5 Wins (Powerful): Exile’s Curse – Fusion Rifle (Energy / Arc)
- 7 Wins (Pinnacle): Chest Armor – Titan | Hunter | Warlock
- Flawless (Pinnacle): Helmet – Titan | Hunter | Warlock
Map: The Dead Cliffs
All players also earn increased Valor in the Crucible this week! Reminder: Skill-based matchmaking has been disabled in Iron Banner this Season.
Ends: JULY 7 @ 10 AM PDT
The event will work similar to last Season with a few new rewards. Bungie added two reprised weapons and curating the weapon reward pool down to eight weapons.
- Reprised Weapons
- The Forward Path
- The Fool’s Remedy
All weapons listed below are considered “reissued” and will have Season of Arrival Max Infusion Caps.
- Shining Sphere
- Swarm of the Raven
- Talons of the Eagle
- Bite of the Fox
- Orewing’s Maul
- Crimil’s Dagger
The Forward Path and The Fool’s Remedy will also be updated to have two additional perks specific to these Iron Banner weapons. Here is a look at what they do:
- Iron Grip – Improves weapon stability at the cost of reload speed.
- Iron Gaze – Improves weapon target acquisition at the cost of stability.
The armor set this Season will be a reprise of the Iron Fellowship set. Here is a look at it with the new shader as well as the new emblem for this Season:
Info from TWAB: A few months back, the official Twitch Destiny Extension was released, giving players the opportunity to showcase their builds while playing Trials of Osiris every weekend. Bungie has been slowly building this feature and introduced bounties to earn Trials Tokens when reacting to matches. Tuesday, they introduced a new bounty which brought quite a buzz to the Destiny directory.
Gifted Subs Bounty
- Gift 2x subscriptions to any Twitch steamer live-streaming Destiny 2 when they have the official Twitch Destiny Extension active.
While this bounty will be available weekly, your first completion will award you two exclusive rewards: the “Stream of Light” emblem and “Watcher’s Shade” shader, each of which will be available from Amanda Holliday in the Tower.
Here are the answers to some questions Bungie has seen:
- Do I need to do anything before gifting subscriptions?
- Yes. You must ensure that your Bungie.net account is linked to your Twitch account to gain progress towards bounty completion. Head over to the Help Article for information on how to do this!
- Can I gift subscriptions to any streamer to get these rewards?
- If the streamer is actively playing Destiny 2 on Twitch with the official Twitch Destiny Extension, you can complete bounties to unlock rewards.
- Can I complete bounties on my phone?
- No. Bounties may only be progressed when watching streams on a browser.
- Note: The Bungie team is currently looking to expand functionality here, so stay tuned!
- I’ve completed the bounty, but don’t see rewards. What gives?
- If you see the bounty completed on the extension, sign out and back in to Destiny 2 before visiting Amanda Holliday.
- How long will this bounty be available?
- At this time, there is no planned end date. While the emblem may be earned a single time, the bounty may be completed weekly for other in-game rewards.
- How do I get the extension?
- Head over to the official Twitch Destiny Extension help article for all the info you need.
For more information about the extension, Twitch bounties, and more, visit this help article: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/48844
Next week, there is a celebration. Bungie Day, is a day dedicated to celebrating the community and it is on the calendar for next Tuesday (7/7/2020). Bungie has some fun planned, but until then, here are a few things to keep you occupied as we approach the day of seven.
Bungie Day Fashion Show
- It’s no secret, we have a thing for the color blue. Slap on your favorite blue shader, grab a screenshot of your Guardian out in the worlds of Destiny 2, and tweet @Bungie with the tag #BungieDayFashionShow. Bungie will retweet the winners on Bungie Day proper, and grant them the “Levante Prize” emblem for their troubles.
Bungie Day Art Show
- Fashion isn’t the only thing that’s on Bungie’s minds. The artists of the Destiny community are some of the best, and Bungie is excited to see what you’ve got. Draw your Guardian, your favorite Vanguard, most feared raid boss, or whatever your heart desires that’s Destiny themed. Tweet @Bungie with the tag #BungieDayArtShow. Like the fashion show, Bungie will retweet winners on Bungie Day and grant winners the “Aspect of Luminance” emblem.
NEXT WEEK IN DESTINY 2
- Moments of Triumphs 2020 arrives next week, stay tuned to this new MoT page and/or @Bungie for more details!
- Bungie Day celebration is next week on 07/07!
- Make Contact at the Base on Titan.
- Boost your ranks with triple Valor and Infamy all week long.
- Update 2.9.1 arrives next week, view the next section for a preview of the patch notes.
DESTINY 2 UPDATE 2.9.1
Destiny 2 Update 2.9.1 arrives Tuesday, July 07 and will bring a slew of bug fixes to Season of Arrivals. Here are a few items to expect:
- Contact Events
- Fixed an issue where the “Heavy Hitters” Triumph was not progressing when defeating bosses.
- Fixed an issue where players could collect and bank 15 motes prior to unlocking the appropriate Prismatic Recaster rank reward.
- Contact Weapons
- Fixed an issue where Cold Denial and Falling Guillotine didn’t offer two perks in the final column when unlocking the “Umbral Enhancement III” gift on the Prismatic Recaster.
- Fixed an issue where Falling Guillotine could continue damaging enemies after the Heavy attack animation had completed.
- Sleeper Catalyst
- Fixed an issue where reissued Seraph weapons were not granting progress to Catalyst objectives.
- Last Wish and Garden of Salvation
- Updated gear to have Season of Arrivals Max Infusion Caps.
- Weekly Vanguard Bounties
- Removed Scorn, Cabal, Vex, and Fallen variations of Weekly Bounties from the Season of Arrivals pool.
Full patch notes will be published when Bungie makes the download available, so keep an eye on Bungie.net for more. Players should visit Bungie’s Destiny Server and Update Status help article. For live updates as this maintenance occurs, players should follow @BungieHelp on Twitter or monitor their support feed at help.bungie.net.
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
- Jul 02: This Week at Bungie – Cap Those Zones
- Jun 25: This Week at Bungie – The Power of Community
- Jun 23: Update 126.96.36.199 – The One About Dodges and Icarus Dashes
- Jun 19: Black Lives Matter – Bungie Pin and Destiny 2 Emblem
- Shadowkeep | Season of Arrivals | Beyond Light (+ Future Content)
- Season of Arrivals Support | Beyond Light Support
- Cross Save | Content Vaulting
- Find a Fireteam | Destiny 2: New Player Guide
DESTINY 2 UPCOMING CHANGES
On Sept. 22 Destiny 2 Content Vaulting begins. Some Destinations will be vaulted and new ones will be added.
- Vaulted: Titan, Io, Mars, Mercury, & Leviathan
- New: Europa & Cosmodrone
💠 Learn more about Destiny 2’s future at Bungie.net/Vault2020
View graphics (updated each week), posts, and get other links at: kyber3000.com/Links. Also, feel free to jump on in and join us on Discord to stay up-to-date with gaming infographics/posts, news and updates, occasionally giveaways and more!
I hope you all have a great weekend and a Happy 4th of July!!
Connect and Support:
(If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase with credit me with a small commission (usually about 5%). My Amazon Affiliate link is similar, eligible purchases will credit me with a small commission when my link is used.