💠 WEEKLY RESET (Jul 21 – Jul 28)
This Week in Destiny 2:
- Moments of Triumphs 2020 continues until Nov 10!
- This week’s elemental singe is Solar.
- Free Sedia and help Mara in the Nightfall Ordeal: The Corrupted.
- Team Scorched and Lockdown has returned to the Crucible.
NOTE: Reset begins and ends on Tuesdays at 10 AM Pacific (Daily reset is everyday at 10 AM Pacific). To view daily modifiers check out r/DestinyTheGame and if you would like to find out what activities reward powerful gear click here to view the Powerful Rewards page or visit d2checklist.com.
GARDEN OF SALVATION
- Leftovers: Leave Cyclopes alive in the first two rooms where the Consecrated Mind is depositing Voltaic Overflow charges.
- A Link to the Chain: All players must tether the box(es) at the same time, regardless of where they are.
Scourge of the Past:
- To Each Their Own (Prime Phase II): Each player needs to destroy one of Insurrection Prime’s six shield generators and must not shoot more than once, one each damage phase.
Crown of Sorrow:
- With Both Hands (Gahlran): Each fireteam member can only shoot one of Gahlran’s hands during the hand-raising phases (per dps phase).
PRESTIGE RAID LAIRS (Eater of Worlds + Spire of Stars)
Active Modifier: Arsenal
- Weapons have no reserve ammo. Emptying the clip of your weapon refills the clips of your holstered weapons.
Armsmaster Required Loadout
- Kinetic: Auto Rifle
- Energy: Auto Rifle
- Power: Anything
LEVIATHAN (Normal and Prestige)
Weekly Order: Gauntlet > Gardens > Pools > Calus
Challenge: Throne (Calus)
- Activate all four plates at the same time and before damaging Calus, per damage phase.
The weekly reward limit has been removed from five featured raids. You will be able to farm rewards, including Exotics, from the main encounters as much as you like. Secret chests will still remain on a weekly limit. Here are the five featured raids:
- Eater of Worlds
- Spire of Stars
- Crown of Sorrow
- Scourge of the Past
There will also be some cosmetic items available for completing the five featured raids.
- Leviathan Triumph completion offers the Contender’s Ghost Shell and shaders
- Eater Triumph completion offers shaders
- Spire Triumph completion offers the Luxurious Toast emote and shaders
- Crown Triumph completion offers shaders
- Scourge Triumph completion offers shaders
Completing all 5 of the featured raids grants players a special emblem along with the ability to purchase a special raid ring through Bungie Rewards.
Recommended Power: 990
Heroic Boss: Taken Pyromaster
Strange Terrain: Defeat Nokris before he completes his ritual.
- Potential Drop: BrayTech Osprey – Rocket Launcher (Power)
Lake of Shadows: Stem the tide of Taken flowing into the European Dead Zone from beneath the waves.
- Potential Drop: The Militia’s Birthright – Legendary Grenade Launcher (Kinetic)
The Festering Core: Descend into the heart of Io’s Pyramidion and root out a burgeoning infestation.
- Potential Drop: None
NOTES: Click here to view all of the Nightfall unique rewards currently available.
The Corrupted: Hunt down one of Queen Mara’s most trusted advisors and free her from Taken possession.
- Potential Drop: Horror’s Least – Pulse Rifle
- Complete 5, higher difficulties grant the most efficient progress. (Powerful T1)
- Complete with a team score of 100k or more (Pinnacle Gear)
- View modifiers at: r/DestinyTheGame or in-game
EDZ: Complete various activities including public events, Lost Sectors, and Heroic adventures (Tier 2 Reward).
NOTE: View guides on how to complete heroic public events here.
- Complete 3 Nightmare Hunts to get Powerful Gear (Tier 1)
- Complete a Nightmare Hunt on Master Difficulty (Pinnacle)
This Week: Nightmare of Jaxx
Location: Hellmouth, Moon
Trove Guardian Location: Anchor of Light
Daily Weapon Rotation: Heretic • Blasphemer • Apostate • Repeat
- 07/16: Heretic (Rocket Launcher)
- 07/17: Blasphemer (Shotgun)
- 07/18: Apostate (Sniper)
- 07/19: Heretic (Rocket Launcher)
- 07/20: Blasphemer (Shotgun)
- 07/21: Apostate (Sniper)
- 07/22: Heretic (Rocket Launcher)
- 07/23: Blasphemer (Shotgun)
Heroic Boss: Pagouri, Vex Hydra
Singe: Arc damage increases slightly from all sources.
- Extinguish: If your fireteam falls in a Restricted Zone, everyone is returned to orbit.
Match Game: Enemy shields are highly resistant to all unmatched elemental damage.
Attrition: Regeneration is greatly impaired. Defeating enemies may create wells of Light.
NOTE: View the Menagerie page for guides and more details.
Boss: The Swords
Singe: Void damage increases slightly from all sources.
Daily Rotation: Izanami • Bergusia • Volundr • GoFannon • Repeat (One per day)
- 07/21: Izanami
- 07/22: Bergusia
- 07/23: Volundr
- 07/24: GoFannon
- 07/25: Izanami
- 07/26: Bergusia
- 07/27: Volundr
- 07/28: GoFannon
NOTES: There is one forge available each day, launch from the EDZ in-game map. You may also confirm the daily Forge at r/DestinyTheGame.
Weekly Location: Divalian Mists
Dreaming City Cycle: Growing/Medium Strength Curse (“The Shattered Throne” Dungeon is available at all times. It can be launched and reset from the Director.)
Challenges and Quests:
- Ascendant Challenge: Shattered Ruins, Spine of Keres
- Quest: The Oracle Engine – The Taken threaten to take control of an irreplaceable Awoken communications device.
- Blind Well: Hive, Plague: Cragur
NOTE: For more activity info visit TodayInDestiny.com.
Boss: Nur Abath, Crest of Xol (Hive Ogre)
Potential Drop(s): Ikelos_SG_v1.0.1 – Legendary Shotgun
Live now until Nov 10 | Free Event for ALL Players!
- Moments of Triumph has been extended to November 10, 2020.
- Festival of the Lost will now take place during Season of Arrivals, beginning on October 6.
- Bungie is planning a handful of ritual activity modifiers to look forward to:
- Increased Valor
- Increased Infamy
- Increased [REDACTED]
- A few additional Iron Banner events between September and November.
- And more…
Here is some info from a recent Bungie.net post:
Bungie has made the decision to move the release of Destiny 2: Beyond Light to November 10 (view the Official Beyond Light website).
As the first chapter in a new trilogy of expansions, Beyond Light is the beginning of a new era of Destiny 2. Bungie has a powerful story to tell and incredible new features that they are really excited for players to experience. As always, their goal is to make the coolest, most entertaining expansion they can possibly make for their fans. To that end, Bungie is doing what’s best for the game and moving the launch date.
The past few months have been a challenge and will continue to be during this pandemic. Bungie has learned to create together in a new way, by having to work apart from one another. Despite these hurdles, they are still committed to the same level of quality that their fans expect.
Over the coming weeks, they will be unveiling more of what they are working on for Beyond Light and what that also means for Season of Arrivals, which will now extend to November 10. Beyond Light sets the stage for an incredible future in Destiny 2 and, though it’s coming later than Bungie originally anticipated, they are excited to continue that journey with you this November.
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine.
Arrives: Friday, Jul 24 @ 10 AM PST
Departs: Tuesday, Jul 28 @ 10 AM PST
NOTES: Every Friday, the This Weekend in Destiny 2: Xur and Trials post will include Xur’s inventory or view the Xur page.
3v3 Competitive Activity (Open to all players)
Returns: Friday, Jul 24 @ 10 AM PST
Ends: Tuesday, Jul 28 @ 10 AM PST
NOTES: Every Friday, the This Weekend in Destiny 2: Xur and Trials post will list what the Trials map is for the weekend or view the Trials page.
(If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase with credit me with a small commission (usually about 5%). My Amazon Affiliate link is similar, eligible purchases will credit me with a small commission when my link is used.
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
- Jul 16: This Week at Bungie – Going Long
- Jul 14: Update 184.108.40.206. – The One About a Broken Dungeon Door
- Jul 09: This Week at Bungie – Looming Large
- Jul 07: Update 2.9.1 – The One About Falling Guillotine
- Shadowkeep | Season of Arrivals | Beyond Light (+ Future Content)
- Season of Arrivals Support | Beyond Light Support
- Cross Save | Content Vaulting
- Find a Fireteam | Destiny 2: New Player Guide
View graphics (updated each week), posts, and get other links at: kyber3000.com/Links. Also, feel free to jump on in and join us on Discord to stay up-to-date with gaming infographics/posts, news and updates, occasionally giveaways and more!
Hope you all have a good week, take care!
Connect and Support:
(If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will credit me a small commission (usually about 5% of the sale). My Amazon Affiliate link is similar, eligible purchases will credit me with a small commission when my link is used when buying items on Amazon.