💠 WEEKLY RESET (Jul 28 – Aug 04)
This Week in Destiny 2:
- Moments of Triumphs 2020 continues until Nov 10!
- This week’s elemental singe is Void.
- Defeat Taken in the Cradle to learn new information from Eris.
- Stop the Hive ritual in the Savathûn’s Song Nightfall: Ordeal.
- Mayhem and Breakthrough are live in the Crucible.
NOTE: Reset begins and ends on Tuesdays at 10 AM Pacific (Daily reset is everyday at 10 AM Pacific). To view daily modifiers check out r/DestinyTheGame and if you would like to find out what activities reward powerful gear click here to view the Powerful Rewards page or visit d2checklist.com.
GARDEN OF SALVATION
- To The Top: Ten (x10) motes must be deposited at a time.
- Keep Out (Vault): Keep the Might of Riven Knights out of the center chamber.
Scourge of the Past:
- Hold the Line (Botza Downtown): Do not let the map generator timer drop below half.
Crown of Sorrow:
- Limited Blessings (Hive Ritual): There must not be more than two players with the Witch’s Blessing buff at the same time.
PRESTIGE RAID LAIRS (Eater of Worlds + Spire of Stars)
Active Modifier: Gladiator
- Melee kills buff weapon damage, and weapon kills buff melee damage.
Armsmaster Required Loadout
- Kinetic: Sidearm
- Energy: Scout Rifle
- Power: Anything
LEVIATHAN (Normal and Prestige)
Weekly Order: Pools > Gardens > Gauntlet > Calus
Challenge: Royal Pools
- One player must stay in the middle area (with boots in the water) until encounter is completed.
Recommended Power: 990
Location: Siren’s Watch, Titan
Boss: Taken Monstrosity
- Potential Drop: The Long Goodbye – Sniper Rifle
The Pyramidion: Seek vengeance against the Vex Mind that corrupted Asher’s arm.
- Potential Drop: Silicon Neuroma – Legendary Sniper Rifle
The Hollowed Lair: The Fanatic has returned. Take him down and finish the job you started.
- Potential Drop: Mindbender’s Ambition – Shotgun
NOTES: Click here to view all of the Nightfall unique rewards currently available.
Savathûn’s Song: Delve deep into the Hive-infested Arcology in search of missing fireteams.
- Potential Drop: Duty Bound (Auto Rifle)
- Complete 5, higher difficulties grant the most efficient progress. (Powerful T1)
- Complete with a team score of 100k or more (Pinnacle Gear)
- View modifiers at: r/DestinyTheGame or in-game
Tangled Shore: Complete various activities including public events, Lost Sectors, and Heroic adventures (Tier 2 Reward).
NOTE: View guides on how to complete heroic public events here.
- Complete 3 Nightmare Hunts to get Powerful Gear (Tier 1)
- Complete a Nightmare Hunt on Master Difficulty (Pinnacle)
This Week: Fallen Council
Location: Archer’s Line, Moon
Trove Guardian Location: Hellmouth
Daily Weapon Rotation: Blasphemer • Apostate • Heretic • Repeat
- 07/28: Blasphemer (Shotgun)
- 07/29: Apostate (Sniper)
- 07/29: Heretic (Rocket Launcher)
- 07/30: Blasphemer (Shotgun)
- 07/31: Apostate (Sniper)
- 08/01: Heretic (Rocket Launcher)
- 08/02: Blasphemer (Shotgun)
- 08/03: Apostate (Sniper)
- 08/04: Heretic (Rocket Launcher)
Heroic Boss: Hasapiko, Vex Minotaur
Singe: Void damage increases slightly from all sources.
- Extinguish: If your fireteam falls in a Restricted Zone, everyone is returned to orbit.
Blackout: Enemy melee attacks are significantly more powerful, and radar is disabled.
Iron: Enemies have more health and are not staggered by damage.
NOTE: View the Menagerie page for guides and more details.
Boss: Likeness of Oryx
Singe: Solar damage increases slightly from all sources.
Daily Rotation: Izanami • Bergusia • Volundr • GoFannon • Repeat (One per day)
- 07/28: GoFannon
- 07/29: Izanami
- 07/30: Bergusia
- 07/31: Volundr
- 08/01: GoFannon
- 08/02: Izanami
- 08/03: Bergusia
- 08/04: Volundr
NOTES: There is one forge available each day, launch from the EDZ in-game map. You may also confirm the daily Forge at r/DestinyTheGame.
Weekly Location: Rheasilvia
Dreaming City Cycle: Full Strength Curse (“The Shattered Throne” Dungeon is available at all times. It can be launched and reset from the Director.)
Challenges and Quests:
- Ascendant Challenge: Keep of Honed Edges (Location: Harbinger Seclude)
- Weekly Mission: Dark Monastery – Provide recon for Petra’s forces by investigating strange enemy activity in Rheasilvia.
- Ascendant Challenge: Keep of Honed Edges, Harbinger’s Seclude
- Blind Well: Taken, Plague: Inomina
NOTE: For more activity info visit TodayInDestiny.com.
Boss: Kathok, Roar of Xol (Hive Knight)
Potential Drop(s): Ikelos_SMG_v1.0.1 – Legendary Submachine Gun
Live now until Nov 10 | Free Event for ALL Players!
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine.
Arrives: Friday, Jul 31 @ 10 AM PST
Departs: Tuesday, Aug 04 @ 10 AM PST
NOTES: Every Friday, the This Weekend in Destiny 2: Xur and Trials post will include Xur’s inventory or view the Xur page.
3v3 Competitive Activity (Open to all players)
Returns: Friday, Jul 31 @ 10 AM PST
Ends: Tuesday, Aug 04 @ 10 AM PST
NOTES: Every Friday, the This Weekend in Destiny 2: Xur and Trials post will list what the Trials map is for the weekend or view the Trials page.
(If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase with credit me with a small commission (usually about 5%). My Amazon Affiliate link is similar, eligible purchases will credit me with a small commission when my link is used.
- Moments of Triumph has been extended to November 10, 2020.
- Festival of the Lost will now take place during Season of Arrivals, beginning on October 6.
- Bungie is planning a handful of ritual activity modifiers to look forward to:
- Increased Valor
- Increased Infamy
- Increased [REDACTED]
- A few additional Iron Banner events between September and November.
- And more…
Here is some info from a recent Bungie.net post:
Bungie has made the decision to move the release of Destiny 2: Beyond Light to November 10 (view the Official Beyond Light website).
As the first chapter in a new trilogy of expansions, Beyond Light is the beginning of a new era of Destiny 2. Bungie has a powerful story to tell and incredible new features that they are really excited for players to experience. As always, their goal is to make the coolest, most entertaining expansion they can possibly make for their fans. To that end, Bungie is doing what’s best for the game and moving the launch date.
The past few months have been a challenge and will continue to be during this pandemic. Bungie has learned to create together in a new way, by having to work apart from one another. Despite these hurdles, they are still committed to the same level of quality that their fans expect.
Over the coming weeks, they will be unveiling more of what they are working on for Beyond Light and what that also means for Season of Arrivals, which will now extend to November 10. Beyond Light sets the stage for an incredible future in Destiny 2 and, though it’s coming later than Bungie originally anticipated, they are excited to continue that journey with you this November.
Bungie and Xbox announced that they are joining forces to bring Destiny 2 to Xbox Game Pass this fall.
With an active Xbox Game Pass subscription, players will have access to the standard edition (seasonal content sold separately) of each expansion beginning with Forsaken and Shadowkeep (available September 2020) and Beyond Light (available beginning on November 10, 2020).
Later this year Bungie will be releasing a version of Destiny 2 that will be optimized for Xbox Series X, including 4K resolution and running at 60 frames per second. Players who already own Destiny 2 on Xbox One will be able to transfer their game to Xbox Series X for free via Smart Delivery. In addition, for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers, Destiny 2 can also be streamed to your Android mobile devices via xCloud.
Would you like to know more? Bungie answered some of the questions you might have here.
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
- Jul 28: Dungeon Diving: Prophecy – A Deep Dive into the Prophecy Dungeon (Watch the Bungie Prophecy Livestream here or view the video below)
- Jul 23: This Week at Bungie – Embrace the Darkness
- Jul 16: This Week at Bungie – Going Long
- Jul 14: Update 18.104.22.168. – The One About a Broken Dungeon Door
- Jul 09: This Week at Bungie – Looming Large
- Shadowkeep | Season of Arrivals | Beyond Light (+ Future Content)
- Season of Arrivals Support | Beyond Light Support
- Cross Save | Content Vaulting
- Find a Fireteam | Destiny 2: New Player Guide
View graphics (updated each week), posts, and get other links at: kyber3000.com/Links. Also, feel free to jump on in and join us on Discord to stay up-to-date with gaming infographics/posts, news and updates, occasionally giveaways and more!
Hope you all have a good week, take care!
Connect and Support:
(If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will credit me a small commission (usually about 5% of the sale). My Amazon Affiliate link is similar, eligible purchases will credit me with a small commission when my link is used when buying items on Amazon.