💠 WEEKLY RESET (Aug 04 – Aug 11)
This Week in Destiny 2:
- Moments of Triumphs 2020 continues until Nov 10!
- Iron Banner is live, plus all players earn increased Valor in the Crucible.
- Hotfix 188.8.131.52 is available now, view update notes here.
- This week’s elemental singe is Arc.
- Defeat Taken in the Cradle to learn new information from Eris.
- Showdown and Supremacy are live in the Crucible.
- Aug 11: Solstice of Heroes event.
- Oct 06: Festival of the Lost event.
NOTE: Reset begins and ends on Tuesdays at 10 AM Pacific (Daily reset is everyday at 10 AM Pacific). To view daily modifiers check out r/DestinyTheGame and if you would like to find out what activities reward powerful gear click here to view the Powerful Rewards page or visit d2checklist.com. To find out what drops people are getting from various activities this week, check out the Weekly Loot Hub on r/DestinyTheGame.
Begins: Tuesday, Aug 04 @ 10 AM PDT
Ends: Tuesday, Aug 11 @ 10 AM PDT
Quick Lesson from Bungie.net: This activity offers Power-enabled combat in the Crucible, so that means your opponents might have an edge if they’re five (or more) Power above you. Second, snag weekly bounties from Lord Saladin in the Tower before jumping in. You can earn some pinnacle power gear when completing their objectives! Third, capture the zones. The more zones you hold, the more points you get whenever you defeat an enemy. Fourth, stick with your teammates. While being a lone wolf can be fun, hunting with the pack can yield the best results. And if you’re searching for some enhanced armor mods, or armor pieces with high stat rolls, now’s a great time to jump in for some PvP action. These rewards can drop simply from playing matches, or turning in tokens to Saladin between matches. During Saladin’s last visit, two Legendary weapons made their return with random rolls in tow. The Fool’s Remedy Sidearm and Forward Path Auto Rifle pack a pretty good punch in the Crucible.
GARDEN OF SALVATION
- Zero to One Hundred: Once you deposit motes, you have ten (10) seconds to fully fill the bank. This applies to both banks.
- Strength of Memory (Riven): Players must not shoot the same Riven eye more than once.
Scourge of the Past:
- All for One, One for All: All players in the fireteam must “collect” and deposit each buff before the boss is killed.
Crown of Sorrow:
- Total Victory (Gahlran’s Deception): Players must break the shield of Gahlran’s Deception a total of five times in a single damage phase.
PRESTIGE RAID LAIRS (Eater of Worlds + Spire of Stars)
Active Modifier: Prism
- Attacks matching the periodically rotating focused element do more damage. Other elemental damage is reduced. Incoming damage is unaffected.
Armsmaster Required Loadout
- Kinetic: SMG
- Energy: Anything
- Power: Grenade Launcher
LEVIATHAN (Normal and Prestige)
Weekly Order: Garden > Gauntlet > Pools > Calus
Challenge: The Gauntlet
- Players must not stand on the same plate more than once.
Recommended Power: 990
Location: The Rupture, Io
Boss: Taken Howler
The Scarlet Keep: Investigate the recently erected Scarlet Keep and discover its dark purpose.
- Potential Drop: None
- Potential Drop: Tilt Fuse – Exotic Sparrow
The Inverted Spire: End the Red Legion expedition that’s ripped open the planet’s surface.
- Potential Drop: Trichromatica – Exotic Ghost Shell
NOTES: Click here to view all of the Nightfall unique rewards currently available.
Lake of Shadows: Stem the tide of Taken flowing into the European Dead Zone from beneath the waves.
- Potential Drop: The Militia’s Birthright – Legendary Grenade Launcher (Kinetic)
- Complete 5, higher difficulties grant the most efficient progress. (Powerful T1)
- Complete with a team score of 100k or more (Pinnacle Gear)
- View modifiers at: r/DestinyTheGame or in-game
Io: Complete various activities including public events, Lost Sectors, and Heroic adventures (Tier 2 Reward).
NOTE: View guides on how to complete heroic public events here.
- Complete 3 Nightmare Hunts to get Powerful Gear (Tier 1)
- Complete a Nightmare Hunt on Master Difficulty (Pinnacle)
This Week: Nightmare of Xortal
Location: Hellmouth, Moon
Trove Guardian Location: Sorrow’s Harbor
Daily Weapon Rotation: Heretic • Blasphemer • Apostate • Repeat
- 08/04: Heretic (Rocket Launcher)
- 08/05: Blasphemer (Shotgun)
- 08/06: Apostate (Sniper)
- 08/07: Heretic (Rocket Launcher)
- 08/08: Blasphemer (Shotgun)
- 08/09: Apostate (Sniper)
- 08/10: Heretic (Rocket Launcher)
- 08/11: Blasphemer (Shotgun)
Heroic Boss: Arunak, Hive Ogre
Singe: Solar damage increases slightly from all sources.
- Extinguish: If your fireteam falls in a Restricted Zone, everyone is returned to orbit.
Grenadier: Grenade abilities deal more damage and recharge much faster.
Famine: All ammunition drops are significantly reduced.
NOTE: View the Menagerie page for guides and more details.
Daily Rotation: Volundr • GoFannon • Izanami • Bergusia • Repeat (One per day)
- 08/04: Volundr
- 08/05: GoFannon
- 08/06: Izanami
- 08/07: Bergusia
- 08/08: Volundr
- 08/09: Volundr
- 08/10: GoFannon
- 08/11: Izanami
NOTES: There is one forge available each day, launch from the EDZ in-game map. You may also confirm the daily Forge at r/DestinyTheGame.
Weekly Location: The Strand
Dreaming City Cycle: Low Strength Curse (“The Shattered Throne” Dungeon is available at all times. It can be launched and reset from the Director.)
Challenges and Quests:
- Ascendant Challenge: Agonarch Abyss, Bay of Drowned Wishes
- Quest: Broken Courier – Respond to a distress call in the Strand.
- Blind Well: Scorn, Plagues: Sikariis & Varkuuriis
NOTE: For more activity info visit TodayInDestiny.com.
Boss: Damkath, the Mask (Hive Ogre)
Potential Drop(s): Ikelos_SR_v1.0.1 – Legendary Sniper Rifle
The Eververse page will be updated again, click here to check out what is available this week.
Live now until Nov 10 | Free Event for ALL Players!
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine.
Arrives: Friday, Aug 07 @ 10 AM PST
Departs: Tuesday, Aug 11 @ 10 AM PST
NOTES: Every Friday, the This Weekend in Destiny 2: Xur and Trials post will include Xur’s inventory or view the Xur page.
3v3 Competitive Activity (Open to all players)
Returns: Friday, Aug 07 @ 10 AM PST
Ends: Tuesday, Aug 11 @ 10 AM PST
NOTES: Every Friday, the This Weekend in Destiny 2: Xur and Trials post will list what the Trials map is for the weekend or view the Trials page.
(If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase with credit me with a small commission (usually about 5%). My Amazon Affiliate link is similar, eligible purchases will credit me with a small commission when my link is used.
- Moments of Triumph has been extended to November 10, 2020.
- Festival of the Lost will now take place during Season of Arrivals, beginning on October 6.
- Bungie is planning a handful of ritual activity modifiers to look forward to:
- Increased Valor
- Increased Infamy
- Increased [REDACTED]
- A few additional Iron Banner events between September and November.
- And more…
Here is some info from a recent Bungie.net post:
Bungie has made the decision to move the release of Destiny 2: Beyond Light to November 10 (view the Official Beyond Light website).
As the first chapter in a new trilogy of expansions, Beyond Light is the beginning of a new era of Destiny 2. Bungie has a powerful story to tell and incredible new features that they are really excited for players to experience. As always, their goal is to make the coolest, most entertaining expansion they can possibly make for their fans. To that end, Bungie is doing what’s best for the game and moving the launch date.
The past few months have been a challenge and will continue to be during this pandemic. Bungie has learned to create together in a new way, by having to work apart from one another. Despite these hurdles, they are still committed to the same level of quality that their fans expect.
Over the coming weeks, they will be unveiling more of what they are working on for Beyond Light and what that also means for Season of Arrivals, which will now extend to November 10. Beyond Light sets the stage for an incredible future in Destiny 2 and, though it’s coming later than Bungie originally anticipated, they are excited to continue that journey with you this November.
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
- Aug 04: Update 184.108.40.206 – The One About Leviathan Rewards
- Jul 30: This Week at Bungie – Dungeons and Deep Dives
- Jul 28: Dungeon Diving: Prophecy – A Deep Dive into the Prophecy Dungeon (Watch the Bungie Prophecy Livestream here or view the video below)
- Check out the new Beyond Light Trailer: bung.ie/StasisTrailer
- Shadowkeep | Season of Arrivals | Beyond Light (+ Future Content)
- Season of Arrivals Support | Beyond Light Support
- Cross Save | Content Vaulting
- Find a Fireteam | Destiny 2: New Player Guide
View graphics (updated each week), posts, and get other links at: kyber3000.com/Links. Also, feel free to jump on in and join us on Discord to stay up-to-date with gaming infographics/posts, news and updates, occasionally giveaways and more!
Hope you all have a good week, take care!
Connect and Support:
(If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will credit me a small commission (usually about 5% of the sale). My Amazon Affiliate link is similar, eligible purchases will credit me with a small commission when my link is used when buying items on Amazon.