💠 WEEKLY RESET (Oct 06 – Oct 13)
This Week in Destiny 2:
- This week’s elemental singe is Arc.
- Moments of Triumphs continues for all players!
- Festival of the Lost Seasonal Event is live for ALL players! Have fun Guardians!
- Earn Double Ordeal Rewards this whole week in Nightfall The Ordeal.
- Supremacy and Countdown have returned.
NOTE: Reset begins and ends on Tuesdays at 10 AM Pacific (Daily reset is everyday at 10 AM Pacific). To view daily modifiers and activity info check out r/DestinyTheGame (click the thread for this week) and if you would like to find out what activities reward powerful gear click here to view the Powerful Rewards page or visit d2checklist.com. To find out what drops people are getting from various activities this week, check out the Weekly Loot Hub on r/DestinyTheGame.
Begins: Tuesday, Oct 06 @ 10 AM PDT
Ends: Tuesday, Nov 03 @ 10 AM PDT
Here is some info from the recent Bungie post:
Eva Levante, or as you all affectionately call her “Space Grandma,” has returned to the Tower to lead Guardians in a celebration of those we’ve lost. We miss you, Cayde! The Haunted Forest is back and filled with ghoulish enemies. This year, Bungie added five chests to the end of the activity for five times the loot!
To open the chests, you are going to need some Cipher Decoders. Talk to Spider to get started and then they will drop from playing any of your favorite activities across the solar system – similar to Umbral Engrams. Braytech Werewolf and Horror Story will both be rewarded from these chests and each have new perk combinations to hunt for.
It goes double for Festival of the Lost: don’t forget to put on your mask. There are new masks available this year as well as some favorites from the past. Eva has a Masquerader Helmet which you can apply your masks to as ornaments before you head out in the world to start stockpiling candy. The mask mods for the Haunted Forest also return from last year’s event.
Before the event ends on November 3, you are going to want to complete three of the Triumphs for opening chests in the Haunted Forest. Once you finish off the required Triumphs you will be able to trade in some of your candy for a mummified Exotic Sparrow, ship, and Ghost.
Finishing the “Wrapped and Ready” Triumph required to get the Exotic Ghost also unlocks the ability to purchase the Restless Shell Ghost pin through Bungie Rewards.
Speaking of Bungie Rewards, there is also a terrifying new emblem available for free if you finish the initial quest during Festival of the Lost.
Here are a few quick notes that may answer some questions you have:
- Minimum Power to enter the Haunted Forest is 750.
- You can hold up to 25 Cipher Decoders before you need to go open some chests in the Haunted Forest.
- There will be both earnable masks and masks available for Silver/Bright Dust.
- Any Triumphs involving masks do not require masks from Eververse.
- Bounties will return from last year and will once again offer Bright Dust.
- All-new Eververse items will be available for both Silver and Bright Dust except for the “One-Inch Punch” finisher which will be available for Silver.
- The toothbrush is still just a toothbrush.
🎃 Learn more about Festival of the Lost here!
To do the challenges below you will need to get the challenge bounties from Hawthorne at the Tower, except the Garden of Salvation, Prestige Raid Lairs and Leviathan challenges.
- Garden of Salvation: Staying Alive (First Encounter) – Do not kill spawning Cyclopses.
- Last Wish: Keep Out (Vault) – Ensure that no Might of Riven knights make it into the center chamber during the Vault fight.
- Scourge of the Past: All for One, One for All (Prime Phase I) – All players in the fireteam must “collect” and deposit each buff before the boss is killed.
- Crown of Sorrow: Total Victory (Gahlran’s Deception) – Players must break the shield of Gahlran’s Deception a total of five times in a single damage phase.
Prestige Raid Lairs (Eater of Worlds + Spire of Stars)
- Prism: Attacks matching the periodically rotating focused element do more damage. Other elemental damage is reduced. Incoming damage is unaffected.
Armsmaster Required Loadout
- Kinetic: Hand Cannon
- Energy: Sniper Rifle
- Power: Anything
Leviathan Challenge (Normal and Prestige)
- Weekly Order: Pools > Dogs > Gauntlet > Throne
- Challenge: Pleasure Gardens – Players holding the relic (crystals) must not shoot more than one flower, per damage phase.
NOTES: For a large view of the raids this week, check out this IG Story.
Recommended Power: 990
Boss: Taken Howler
Location: The Rig, Titan
The Pyramidion: Seek vengeance against the Vex Mind that corrupted Asher’s arm.
- Potential Drop: Silicon Neuroma – Legendary Sniper Rifle
Will of the Thousands: Defeat Xol before everything is destroyed.
- Potential Drop: Worm God Incarnation – Legendary Transmat Effect
Broodhold: Eradicate a Hive infestation seething in the depths of the Tangled Shore.
- Potential Drop: No Unique Item
NOTES: Click here to view all of the Nightfall unique rewards currently available. Starting November 10 when DCV begins the regular Nightfall playlist will no longer be available, Nightfall: The Ordeal will become the only Nightfall activity. Read more about DCV here.
Reminder: All players earn Double Rewards this week!
A Garden World: Help Osiris cut back an out-of-control Vex Mind.
- Potential Drop: Universal Wavefunction – Exotic Ship
- Complete 5, higher difficulties grant the most efficient progress. (Powerful T1)
- Complete with a team score of 100k or more (Pinnacle Gear)
- View modifiers at: r/DestinyTheGame or in-game
Nessus: Complete various activities including public events, Lost Sectors, and Heroic adventures (Tier 2 Reward).
NOTE: View guides on how to complete heroic public events here.
- Complete 3 Nightmare Hunts to get Powerful Gear (Tier 1)
- Complete a Nightmare Hunt on Master Difficulty (Pinnacle)
- Insanity: Fanatic
- Pride: Skolas
- Anguish: Omnigul
- This Week: Nightmare of Horkis
- Location: Anchor of Light, Moon
- Trove Guardian Location: Archer’s Line, Moon
Heroic Boss: Arunak, Hive Ogre
Singe: Void damage increases slightly from all sources.
- Extinguish: If your fireteam falls in a Restricted Zone, everyone is returned to orbit.
Grenadier: Grenade abilities deal more damage and recharge much faster.
Famine: All ammunition drops are significantly reduced.
Boss: Likeness of Oryx
Singe: Arc damage increases slightly from all sources.
Daily Weapon Rotation: Apostate • Heretic • Blasphemer • Repeat
|10/7/2020||Heretic (Rocket Launcher)|
|10/10/2020||Heretic (Rocket Launcher)|
|10/13/2020||Heretic (Rocket Launcher)|
NOTES: This Public Event type of Activity is available on the Moon. There is one weapon that can drop from Altars of Sorrow each day. You may also confirm what the weapon is each day at r/DestinyTheGame.
Daily Weapon Rotation: Volundr > Gofannon > Izanami > Bergusia > Repeat
NOTES: There is one forge available each day, launch from the EDZ in-game map. You may also confirm what the daily Forge is at r/DestinyTheGame or in-game. DCV Reminder: Black Armory Forges will no longer be available once the Destiny Content Vault begins on November 10. View more about this and other DCV info.
Weekly Location: The Strand
Dreaming City Cycle: Low Strength Curse (“The Shattered Throne” Dungeon is available at all times. It can be launched and reset from the Director.)
Challenges and Quests:
- Ascendant Challenge: Forfeit Shrine, Gardens of Esila
- Quest: Broken Courier – Respond to a distress call in the Strand.
- Blind Well: Scorn, Plagues: Sikariis & Varkuuriis
NOTE: For more activity info visit TodayInDestiny.com.
Boss: Kathok, Roar of Xol (Hive Knight)
Potential Drop: Ikelos_SMG_v1.0.1 – Legendary Submachine Gun
The Eververse page will be updated each week here, please note that it will be updated after posting weekly reset graphics and posts.
Here is a video of Festival of the Lost Event items available for a limited time:
If you purchase an Empathetic Ghost Shell pin you will also instantly receive a code for the “Benevolent Hue” emblem as a thank you for your support.
All profits from the sale of the Empathetic Ghost Shell pin from October 1 until October 15 will benefit Direct Relief’s wildfire relief efforts.
In addition to the Benevolent Hue emblem, you will also get Planet of Peace and Third Mark of the Collector emblem codes. Third Mark of the Collector is added in with any purchase during Season of Arrivals and Planet of Peace is applied for any Foundation Merch purchase.
Click links below for a look at each emblem:
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine.
Arrives: Friday, Oct 09 @ 10 AM PST
Departs: Tuesday, Oct 13 @ 10 AM PST
NOTE: Every Friday, the This Weekend in Destiny 2: Xur and Trials post will include Xur’s inventory or view the Xûr page.
3v3 Competitive Activity (Available for all players)
Returns: Friday, Oct 09 @ 10 AM PST
Ends: Tuesday, Oct 13 @ 10 AM PST
NOTE: Every Friday, the This Weekend in Destiny 2: Xur and Trials post will list what the Trials map is for the weekend or view the Trials page.
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
- Oct 01: This Week at Bungie – Too Spooky
- Oct 01: Festival of the Lost 2020
- Sept 24: This Week at Bungie – Watch the Trailer, YES?
- Sept 22: Update 22.214.171.124 – The One About a Black Armory Shader
- Destiny Content Vault (DCV): Info via TWAB | Content Vault Guide
- Shadowkeep | Season of Arrivals
- Beyond Light (+ Future Content) | Official Beyond Light Website
- Season of Arrivals Support | Beyond Light Support
- Cross Save | Content Vault | Content Vault Guide
- Find a Fireteam | Destiny 2: New Player Guide
During Festival of the Lost, players may encounter the following issues:
- Inspecting a Cipher Decoder will incorrectly display Masterworked versions of the Braytech Werewolf and Horror Story auto rifles as potential Haunted Forest Cache drops.
- The Wrapped and Ready Festival of the Lost Triumph refers to the Restless Shell as the mummy Ghost, when it should be called the Festival of the Lost Ghost.
- The lower half of the Warlock Blood Lineage Robes Universal Armor Ornament will experience a visual texture error at the launch of Beyond Light. This issue will be resolved in a patch soon after release.
Players who observe issues during the event should report to the #Help forum.
Releases: November 10, 2020
- Official Website: bung.ie/BeyondLight | Pre-Order!
- Learn More: Game | Stasis Subclasses | Europa
- Click here to visit the Beyond Light page on this website!
Find out what lies beneath the ice on October 07!
Make sure to join us on Discord to stay up-to-date with gaming infographics/posts, news and updates, occasionally giveaways and more! To view graphics, posts and more visit: kyber3000.com/Links, all graphics and posts are updated every week.
Have a good week!
CONNECT & SUPPORT Twitter | IG | Discord Support | Amazon Affiliate | Epic Games Store Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will credit me a small commission (usually about 5% of the sale). With Amazon, I will receive a small commission whenever my link is used to buy items or when signing up for Amazon memberships (some things are not eligible). Your support is greatly appreciated!