💠 WEEKLY RESET (Oct 13 – Oct 20)
This Week in Destiny 2:
- This week’s elemental singe is Solar.
- Moments of Triumphs and Festival of the Lost continues for all players.
- Norkis has returned! Defeat him to learn more about the Pyramid Ships and claim your Seasonal title.
- Earn Triple Infamy in Gambit and Gambit Prime all week long.
- Mayhem and Lockdown have returned.
NOTE: Reset begins and ends on Tuesdays at 10 AM Pacific (Daily reset is everyday at 10 AM Pacific). Starting Nov 01 the Reset time changes to 9 AM PT due to Daylight Savings Time ending. To view daily modifiers and activity info check out r/DestinyTheGame (click the thread for this week) and if you would like to find out what activities reward powerful gear click here to view the Powerful Rewards page or visit d2checklist.com. To find out what drops people are getting from various activities this week, check out the Weekly Loot Hub on r/DestinyTheGame.
To do the challenges below you will need to get the challenge bounties from Hawthorne at the Tower, except the Garden of Salvation, Prestige Raid Lairs and Leviathan challenges.
- Garden of Salvation: A Link to the Chain (Second Encounter) – Link at the same time. Notes: All players need to receive the enlightened buff at the same time.
- Last Wish: Strength of Memory (Riven) – Players must not shoot the same Riven eye more than once.
- Scourge of the Past: To Each Their Own (Prime Phase II) – All six members of your Fireteam must destroy one of Insurrection Prime’s shield generators.
- Crown of Sorrow: With Both Hands (Gahlran) – Each fireteam member can only shoot one of Gahlran’s hands during each of the hand-raising phases.
Prestige Raid Lairs (Eater of Worlds + Spire of Stars)
- Arsenal: Weapons have no reserve ammo. Emptying the clip of your weapon refills the clips of your holstered weapons.
Armsmaster Required Loadout
- Kinetic: Auto Rifle
- Energy: Auto Rifle
- Power: Anything
Leviathan Challenge (Normal and Prestige)
- Weekly Order: Gauntlet > Dogs > Pools > Throne
- Challenge: The Throne (Calus) – Activate all four plates at the same time and before damaging Calus, per damage phase.
NOTES: For a large view of the raids this week, check out this IG Story.
Recommended Power: 990
Boss: Taken Pyromaster
Location: Lost Oasis, Io
Lake of Shadows: Stem the tide of Taken flowing into the European Dead Zone from beneath the waves.
- Potential Drop: The Militia’s Birthright – Legendary Grenade Launcher(Kinetic)
The Inverted Spire: End the Red Legion expedition that’s ripped open the planet’s surface.
- Potential Drop: Trichromatica – Exotic Ghost Shell
The Festering Core: Descend into the heart of Io’s Pyramidion and root out a burgeoning infestation.
- Potential Drop: No Unique Drop
NOTES: Click here to view all of the Nightfall unique rewards currently available. Starting November 10 when DCV begins the regular Nightfall playlist will no longer be available, Nightfall: The Ordeal will become the only Nightfall activity. Read more about DCV here.
The Corrupted: Hunt down one of Queen Mara’s most trusted advisors and free her from Taken possession.
- Potential Drop: Horror’s Least – Pulse Rifle
- Complete 5, higher difficulties grant the most efficient progress. (Powerful T1)
- Complete with a team score of 100k or more (Pinnacle Gear)
- View modifiers at: r/DestinyTheGame or in-game
Titan: Complete various activities including public events, Lost Sectors, and Heroic adventures (Tier 2 Reward).
NOTE: View guides on how to complete heroic public events here.
- Complete 3 Nightmare Hunts to get Powerful Gear (Tier 1)
- Complete a Nightmare Hunt on Master Difficulty (Pinnacle)
- This Week: Nightmare of Jaxx
- Location: Hellmouth, Moon
- Trove Guardian Location: Anchor of Light, Moon
Heroic Boss: Pagouri, Vex Hydra
Singe: Arc damage increases slightly from all sources.
- Extinguish: If your fireteam falls in a Restricted Zone, everyone is returned to orbit.
Match Game: Enemy shields are highly resistant to all unmatched elemental damage.
Attrition: Regeneration is greatly impaired. Defeating enemies may create wells of Light.
Boss: The Swords, Hive Knights
Singe: Void damage increases slightly from all sources.
Daily Weapon Rotation: Heretic • Blasphemer • Apostate • Repeat
|9/13/2020||Heretic (Rocket Launcher)|
|9/16/2020||Heretic (Rocket Launcher)|
|9/19/2020||Heretic (Rocket Launcher)|
NOTES: This Public Event type of Activity is available on the Moon. There is one weapon that can drop from Altars of Sorrow each day. You may also confirm what the weapon is each day at r/DestinyTheGame.
Daily Weapon Rotation: Gofannon > Izanami > Bergusia > Volundr > Repeat
NOTES: There is one forge available each day, launch from the EDZ in-game map. You may also confirm what the daily Forge is at r/DestinyTheGame or in-game. DCV Reminder: Black Armory Forges will no longer be available once the Destiny Content Vault begins on November 10. View more about this and other DCV info.
Weekly Location: Divalian Mists
Dreaming City Cycle: Medium Strength Curse/Stage 2 of 3 (“The Shattered Throne” Dungeon is available at all times. It can be launched and reset from the Director.)
Challenges and Quests:
- Ascendant Challenge: Shattered Ruins, Spine of Keres
- Quest: The Oracle Engine – The Taken threaten to take control of an irreplaceable Awoken communications device.
- Blind Well: Hive, Plague: Cragur
NOTE: For more activity info visit TodayInDestiny.com.
Boss: Damkath, the Mask (Hive Ogre) – Can only be damaged by shooting the growth on his back.
Potential Drop: Ikelos_SR_v1.0.1 – Legendary Sniper Rifle
The Eververse page will be updated each week here, please note that it will be updated after posting weekly reset graphics and posts.
Here is a look at Festival of the Lost items only available while the event is live (FotL items will be available until November 03 however items sold for Bright Dust change weekly):
Bungie is going to be too strict on a prompt here, but they would love to see your takes on spooky themes in the worlds of Destiny. Carve a pumpkin, build out a cosplay, or draw some Festival of the Lost themed art (digital or physical mediums are both awesome!), and tweet your submission using the hashtag #FOTLArtShow. Bungie will retweet their favorites from @Bungie throughout Festival of the Lost and send you an “Aspect of Luminance” emblem you can show off to your friends!
It wouldn’t be Festival of the Lost without a costume contest of sorts, now would it? Eva Levante has been dishing out some fun masks for you to wear in the wild, and Bungie would love to see how you’re dressing your Guardians for the occasion.
Take a screenshot of your Guardian wearing a Festival of the Lost mask in any activity or at any destination. Be sure to dress your Guardian with armor and shaders to compliment your headwear. Tweet your submission with the hashtag #FOTLFashionShow, and Bungie will retweet winners from @Bungie through the end of the event. If your shot is selected, Bungie will grant you the “Levante’s Prize” emblem.
NOTE: These will serve as your last chances to get the Aspect of Luminance and Levante’s Prize emblems from Year 3. We may use these emblems as rewards again in the future, but they’ll be on hiatus for a while.
BUNGIE FOUNDATION + DIRECT RELIEF WILDLIFE RELIEF
If you purchase an Empathetic Ghost Shell pin you will also instantly receive a code for the “Benevolent Hue” emblem as a thank you for your support.
All profits from the sale of the Empathetic Ghost Shell pin from October 1 until October 15 will benefit Direct Relief’s wildfire relief efforts.
In addition to the Benevolent Hue emblem, you will also get Planet of Peace and Third Mark of the Collector emblem codes. Third Mark of the Collector is added in with any purchase during Season of Arrivals and Planet of Peace is applied for any Foundation Merch purchase.
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine.
Arrives: Friday, Oct 16 @ 10 AM PST
Departs: Tuesday, Oct 20 @ 10 AM PST
NOTE: Every Friday, the This Weekend in Destiny 2: Xur and Trials post will include Xur’s inventory or view the Xûr page.
3v3 Competitive Activity (Available for all players)
Returns: Friday, Oct 16 @ 10 AM PST
Ends: Tuesday, Oct 20 @ 10 AM PST
NOTE: Every Friday, the This Weekend in Destiny 2: Xur and Trials post will list what the Trials map is for the weekend or view the Trials page.
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
- Oct 08: This Week at Bungie – Tricks and Treats Galore
- Oct 08: They’re Not Coming
- Oct 01: This Week at Bungie – Too Spooky
- Oct 01: Festival of the Lost 2020
- Destiny Content Vault (DCV): Info via TWAB | Content Vault Guide
- Shadowkeep | Season of Arrivals
- Beyond Light (+ Future Content) | Official Beyond Light Website
- Season of Arrivals Support | Beyond Light Support
- Cross Save | Content Vault | Content Vault Guide
- Find a Fireteam | Destiny 2: New Player Guide
Releases: November 10 @ 9 AM Pacific
Info and Websites:
- Official Website | Pre-Order!
- Learn More: Beyond Light | Stasis Subclasses | Europa | Weapons & Loot
- Learn about changes and updates coming to Mod Modifications.
- For details visit the Beyond Light Info Page on this website.
Season of Arrivals Title
Due to the Cradle encounter’s weekly rotation, it is possible for players to miss an encounter before the end of Season of Arrivals if they are not already completed; this would also prevent players from earning the Season of Arrivals title. Players who are looking to complete the Season of Arrivals title should ensure they have enough time to complete all associated Triumphs before the end of the season. Players who earn the Season of Arrivals title should claim and equip it to ensure that it isn’t removed at the end of the Season.
Beyond Light and The End of Season of Arrivals
To prepare for the release of Beyond Light and Season of [REDACTED] on November 10, 2020, Destiny 2 will need to be taken offline for maintenance. In order to prepare for Update 3.0.0, Destiny 2 will be taken offline for maintenance at 7 PM PST (Pacific Standard Time) on November 9, 2020, and will remain offline until November 10, 2020, at 9 AM PST. During this offline period, the game will not be available, and Season of Arrivals items will be made unavailable. Players are strongly urged to finish any Season of Arrivals content or Triumphs before 7 PM on November 9th.
Closing Out Season of Arrivals
When Season of Arrivals ends at 7 PM PST on November 9, 2020, there will be a number of items, activities, and Triumphs that will no longer be available to players. Some of these items include:
- The Prophecy Dungeon (which will return in a later Season)
- The Ruinous Effigy quest
- Traveler’s Chosen quest
- The Seed of Silver Wings Seasonal Artifact and the player power increase from said artifact
- Unopened Umbral Engrams
A full list of items being removed at the Season’s end can be found here.
Since moving to Steam, Destiny 2 players have been able to migrate their characters, licenses, and progress from Battle.net to Steam via a one-time transfer. This transfer process will no longer be available beginning December 1, 2020. Any Destiny 2 PC players who have not migrated their licenses and content from Battle.net to Steam will no longer be available to do so starting on December 1. Players in this state are encouraged to start our PC Migration process so they will not lose access to their Destiny 2 licenses and content.
Please note that if a player has progress on Steam and chooses to undergo PC Migration, any existing content on Steam will be overwritten by migrated Battle.net content. This means that all character and progress data on Steam will be deleted and replaced by the character and progress data from Battle.net. This cannot be undone.
Make sure to join us on Discord to stay up-to-date with gaming infographics/posts, news and updates, occasionally giveaways and more! To view graphics, posts and more visit: kyber3000.com/Links, all graphics and posts are updated every week.
Have a great week, take care!
CONNECT & SUPPORT Twitter | IG | Discord Support | Amazon Affiliate | Epic Games Store Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will credit me a small commission (usually about 5% of the sale). With Amazon, I will receive a small commission whenever my link is used to buy items or when signing up for Amazon memberships (some things are not eligible). Your support is greatly appreciated!