💠 This weekend you can find Xûr hanging out at Giant’s Scar on Io and Trials is live on Javelin-4. View Xûr’s complete inventory and Trials info below. Hope you all have a great weekend!
NOTE: Disable/turn off reader mode if you notice some text isn’t visible or formatting looks off or visit the full desktop version.
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine.
Departs: Tuesday, Oct 20 @ 10 AM PDT
Where is Xur? Giant’s Scar, Io (The green arrow below is Xur’s location)
Exotic Armor – 23 LS (Random Rolls are available)
- Hunter: Lucky Raspberry – Chest Armor
- Titan: Getaway Artist – Gauntlets
- Warlock: Dunemarchers – Leg Armor
Exotic Weapon – 29 LS
- The Queenbreakers – Linear Fusion Rifle
- Element: Arc | Type: Power | Ammo: Heavy
Exotic Engram (97 LS)
- An engram with a predestined outcome. Contains a new Exotic if any remain to be collected; otherwise, it contains a random piece of Exotic armor. This item can be purchase only once per week, per account.
Five of Swords – NF Challenge Card (No Cost)
- Enables modifiers in Nightfall strikes on Prestige difficulty. More challenging modifiers apply larger score multipliers. This will replace a Rare Challenge Card in your inventory.
Departs: Tuesday, Oct 20 @ 10 AM Pacific
- 3 Wins (Powerful): Gauntlets – Titan | Hunter | Warlock
- 5 Wins (Powerful): Astral Horizon – Shotgun (Kinetic)
- 7 Wins (Pinnacle): Tomorrow’s Answer – Rocket Launcher (Power / Void)
- Flawless (Pinnacle): Helmet – Titan | Hunter | Warlock
Continues until Tuesday, Nov 10 @ 9 AM Pacific
Bungie is going to be too strict on a prompt here, but they would love to see your takes on spooky themes in the worlds of Destiny. Carve a pumpkin, build out a cosplay, or draw some Festival of the Lost themed art (digital or physical mediums are both awesome!), and tweet your submission using the hashtag #FOTLArtShow. Bungie will retweet their favorites from @Bungie throughout Festival of the Lost and send you an “Aspect of Luminance” emblem you can show off to your friends!
It wouldn’t be Festival of the Lost without a costume contest of sorts, now would it? Eva Levante has been dishing out some fun masks for you to wear in the wild, and Bungie would love to see how you’re dressing your Guardians for the occasion.
Take a screenshot of your Guardian wearing a Festival of the Lost mask in any activity or at any destination. Be sure to dress your Guardian with armor and shaders to compliment your headwear. Tweet your submission with the hashtag #FOTLFashionShow, and Bungie will retweet winners from @Bungie through the end of the event. If your shot is selected, Bungie will grant you the “Levante’s Prize” emblem.
NOTE: These will serve as your last chances to get the Aspect of Luminance and Levante’s Prize emblems from Year 3. We may use these emblems as rewards again in the future, but they’ll be on hiatus for a while.
The stars have aligned, and the next generation of console gameplay begins in the launch window for Beyond Light. As Bungie continues to improve Destiny 2, they are taking the opportunity to optimize the experience you’ll have on this new hardware.
The next generation optimized version of Destiny 2 will launch on December 8. While things like faster load times and cross-generation play will be available on November 10, Bungie is taking some more time on the following enhancements to ensure a smooth experience when playing Destiny 2 on your new devices.
- Bungie is offering Field of View customization on consoles for the first time. Our goal is to enable a FOV range similar to that on PC. They are currently testing these settings to ensure smooth performance across each platform and will have additional details closer to launch.
- There will be noticeable improvements to things like loading the game and inspecting character inventory. However, some load times are dependent on networking and matchmaking. So, loading activities still takes time while you search for opponents.
- For cross-generation play, Xbox Series X|S players can play with Xbox One players. PlayStation 5 players can play with PlayStation 4 players.
Bungie will share more next generation details in the future.
|Feature||Xbox Series X||PlayStation 5||Xbox Series S|
|Field of View Slider||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Faster Load Times||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Next-Generation Upgrade Free||Xbox Smart Delivery||Yes||Xbox Smart Delivery|
NEXT WEEK IN DESTINY!
- Moments of Triumph and Festival of the Lost continues!
- Momentum Control and Breakthrough returns to the Crucible.
- Mars returns as the weekly Flashpoint and the Dreaming City Curse will be at stage 3 of 3 (Full Strength).
REMINDER: Starting November 01, the Weekly Reset time changes from 10 AM Pacific to 9 AM Pacific due to Daylight Savings.
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
- Oct 15: This Week at Bungie – Starting Lines and Finish Lines
- Oct 15: The Next Generation of Destiny – Frequent Fliers get Upgrades
- Oct 08: This Week at Bungie – Tricks and Treats Galore
- Oct 08: They’re Not Coming
- Destiny Content Vault (DCV): Info via TWAB | Content Vault Guide
- Shadowkeep | Season of Arrivals
- Beyond Light (+ Future Content) | Official Beyond Light Website
- Season of Arrivals Support | Beyond Light Support
- Cross Save | Content Vault | Content Vault Guide
- Find a Fireteam | Destiny 2: New Player Guide
Releases: Tuesday, Nov 10 @ 9 AM Pacific
Info and Websites:
- Official Website | Pre-Order!
- Learn More: Beyond Light | Stasis Subclasses | Europa | Weapons & Loot
- Learn about changes and updates coming to Mod Modifications.
- For details visit the Beyond Light Info Page on this website.
Begins: Saturday, Nov 21 @ 10 AM Pacific
Here is what else you’ll need to know:
- Contest Mode will cap all players at 20 Power below each encounter for 24 hours.
- Artifact Power will be disabled during Contest Mode.
- 1230 Power is your team’s goal to be at the cap for all the encounters.
- Being above 1230 will not provide any additional advantage in the final fight.
Contest Mode Raid Emblem Reward – First 24 hours
Everyone who has completed the raid in the first 24 hours while Contest Mode is activated will receive this very special emblem.
Raid Completion Emblem
For those who like to savor new content like a fine wine and not rush through to the raid experience, you will have rewards waiting on you when you get there. Along with the [redacted] weapons and armor, everyone who completes the raid will earn this emblem.
Last week we introduced two fixes to increase the drop rates of Cipher Decoders upon activity completions. Players should note that these fixes will not provide an increase in Cipher Decoder drop rates from the following:
- Enemy kills
- Gambit Matches
- Forge Completions
- Non-playlist Strikes
Players who continue to observe issues with Cipher Decoder drops should report to the #Help forum.
Season of Arrivals Title
Due to the Cradle encounter’s weekly rotation, it is possible for players to miss an encounter before the end of Season of Arrivals if they are not already completed; this would also prevent players from earning the Season of Arrivals title. Players who are looking to complete the Season of Arrivals title should ensure they have enough time to complete all associated Triumphs before the end of the season. Players who earn the Season of Arrivals title should claim and equip it to ensure that it isn’t removed at the end of the Season.
Beyond Light and The End of Season of Arrivals
To prepare for the release of Beyond Light and Season of [REDACTED] on November 10, 2020, Destiny 2 will need to be taken offline for maintenance. In order to prepare for Update 3.0.0, Destiny 2 will be taken offline for maintenance at 7 PM PST (Pacific Standard Time) on November 9, 2020, and will remain offline until November 10, 2020, at 9 AM PST. During this offline period, the game will not be available, and Season of Arrivals items will be made unavailable. Players are strongly urged to finish any Season of Arrivals content or Triumphs before 7 PM on November 9th.
End of Season Preparation
Bungie is updating the end of the in-game Season timer to reflect that Season of Arrivals will conclude at 7 p.m. Pacific on Nov 9 [0300 UTC Nov 10]. Players will have until this time to complete any Season of Arrivals quests, activities, and triumphs before they become unavailable. A full list of items being removed at the Season’s end can be found here.
Since moving to Steam, Destiny 2 players have been able to migrate their characters, licenses, and progress from Battle.net to Steam via a one-time transfer. This transfer process will no longer be available beginning December 1, 2020. Any Destiny 2 PC players who have not migrated their licenses and content from Battle.net to Steam will no longer be available to do so starting on December 1. Players in this state are encouraged to start our PC Migration process so they will not lose access to their Destiny 2 licenses and content.
Please note that if a player has progress on Steam and chooses to undergo PC Migration, any existing content on Steam will be overwritten by migrated Battle.net content. This means that all character and progress data on Steam will be deleted and replaced by the character and progress data from Battle.net. This cannot be undone.
While Bungie continues investigating various known issues, here is a list of the latest issues that were reported to us in our #Help Forum:
- The Unbridled Enthusiasm Emote is missing its initial sound effect on trigger.
- Gear can sometimes drop at 750 Power from chests at the end of the Haunted Forest.
- The Canis Luna Hunter vest ornament clips into certain gauntlets.
Make sure to join us on Discord to stay up-to-date with gaming infographics/posts, news and updates, occasionally giveaways and more! To view graphics, posts and more visit: kyber3000.com/Links, all graphics and posts are updated every week.
Have a great week, take care!
CONNECT & SUPPORT Twitter | IG | Discord Support | Amazon | Epic Games Store Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will credit me a small commission (usually about 5% of the sale). With Amazon, I will receive a small commission whenever my link is used to buy items or when signing up for Amazon memberships (some things are not eligible). Your support is greatly appreciated!