💠 This weekend you can find Xûr hanging out at Giant’s Scar on Io and Trials is live on Endless Vale, view activity info below and recent news.
NOTES: Downtime for Update 188.8.131.52 begins on Monday, November 09 @ 7 PM PST, which means Xûr, Trials and all other in game activities will become unavailable until Tuesday, November 10 @ 9 AM PST. Due to a new season and update coming next week, I will need to get some things updated. However, I do plan on getting the Weekly Reset post out as usual next week but may hold off on posting the Weekly Reset infographic until the week after Beyond Light arrives.
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine. Starting in Season 12 (Season of the Hunt), Xûr will also offer a quest to earn one Exotic Cipher on a weekly cadence. Source: bungie.net
Departs: Tuesday, Nov 09 @ 7 p.m. Pacific
Where is Xur? Giant’s Scar, Io (The green arrow below is Xur’s location)
Exotic Armor – 23 LS (Random Rolls are available)
- Hunter: Wormhusk Crown – Helmet
- Titan: Actium War Rig – Chest Armor
- Warlock: Promethium Spur – Leg Armor
Exotic Weapon – 29 LS
- Fighting Lion – Grenade Launcher
- Element: Void | Type: Energy | Ammo: Primary
Exotic Engram (97 LS)
- An engram with a predestined outcome. Contains a new Exotic if any remain to be collected; otherwise, it contains a random piece of Exotic armor. This item can be purchase only once per week, per account.
Five of Swords – NF Challenge Card (No Cost)
- Enables modifiers in Nightfall strikes on Prestige difficulty. More challenging modifiers apply larger score multipliers. This will replace a Rare Challenge Card in your inventory.
Departs: Tuesday, Nov 09 @ 7 p.m.. Pacific
- 3 Wins (Powerful): Class Item – Titan | Hunter | Warlock
- 5 Wins (Powerful): The Summoner – Auto Rifle (Energy / Solar)
- 7 Wins (Pinnacle): Arms – Titan | Hunter | Warlock
- Flawless (Pinnacle): Chest Armor – Titan | Hunter | Warlock
Map: Endless Vale
On November 9, Destiny 2 will be taken offline for maintenance.
Begins: Monday, November 09 at 7 PM PST (0300 UTC)
Ends: Tuesday, November 10 at 9 AM (1700 UTC) with the launch of Destiny 2: Beyond Light and Update 3.0.0.
NOTE: As stated above, due to a new season and updates I will need to update both this website (pages/posts) and the infographics. However, I do plan on posting the Weekly Reset post on Tuesday, November 10 but may hold off on posting the Weekly Reset infographic until the week after Beyond Light arrives so I am able to get a better look at in game activities and make necessary updates/changes or a new graphic.
Ends: Tuesday, Nov 09 @ 7 p.m.. Pacific
NEXT WEEK IN DESTINY!
- Maintenance for Update 184.108.40.206 begins Monday, Nov 09 @ 7 PM PST.
- Beyond Light, Season of the Hunt and Update 220.127.116.11 go live!
- Europa becomes available to all players!
- Make sure to claim your stuff before it enters the Destiny Content Vault.
- Track the Fallen in the Exodus Crash in this week’s Nightfall: The Ordeal.
Releases: Tuesday, Nov 10 @ 9 a.m. Pacific
Info and Websites:
- Official Website | Pre-Order Now!!
- Learn more: Beyond Light | Story | Stasis Subclasses | Europa | Weapons & Loot
- Read about the upcoming changes to: Progression and the Economy | Mod Modifications
- View details about Season 12: Season of the Hunt: ForgedintheStorm | Season Calendar
- For details on one page visit the Beyond Light Info Page
Destiny Player Support has the full timeline for maintenance, downloads, and more. Read up, spread the word, and get ready for Beyond Light.
Next Monday, maintenance for Update 18.104.22.168 will begin. Below is a timeline of events:
- November 9, 3:30 PM PST (2330 UTC): Background maintenance for Update 22.214.171.124 will begin.
- November 9, 4:00 PM PST (0000 UTC): In preparation for downtime, players will be removed from activities and will be required to download a small update before logging in again.
- November 9, 6:50 PM PST (0250 UTC): Sign-on for Destiny 2 will be disabled.
- November 9, 7:00 PM PST (0300 UTC): Destiny 2 will be brought offline for expected maintenance. Players will be removed from activities and won’t be able to log back into Destiny 2 until 9 AM PST on November 10.
- November 10, 9:00 AM PST (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 Update 126.96.36.199 will be available across all platforms and regions. Players will be able to log back into Destiny 2.
- November 10 12:00 PM PDT (2000 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude.
For more information, please visit our Destiny Server and Update Status help article.
Beyond Light Pre-Load
Pre-load for Update 188.8.131.52 will be available prior to the game’s release. Below are pre-load timelines and instructions based on platform:
Beginning on November 8 after 8 PM PST (0400 UTC), users can start pre-downloading Update 184.108.40.206 by:
- Navigating to Destiny 2
- Pressing the “Options” button
- And selecting “Check for Updates”
In an effort to decrease server load, some PlayStation Plus users may be able to pre-download Update 220.127.116.11 starting on November 7 after 8 PM PST (0400 UTC) if they have auto update/download enabled on their PlayStation 4. For instructions on how to setup auto update/download, please click here.
PLEASE NOTE: BUNGIE RECOMMENDS THAT PLAYERS SHOULD NOT DELETE THEIR CURRENT VERSION OF DESTINY 2 ON THEIR PLAYSTATION CONSOLE TO SPEED UP THE PRE-DOWNLOAD PROCESS.
Pre-load for Xbox will be available shortly after Destiny 2 is taken offline for expected maintenance at 7 PM PST (0300 UTC) on November 9. For instructions on how to setup auto update, please click here.
Pre-load for PC will be available shortly after Destiny 2 is taken offline for expected maintenance at 7 PM PST (0300 UTC) on November 9. Update 18.104.22.168 should automatically be put in the Steam download queue once it is available to pre-load. For more information on managing Steam downloads and updates, please click here.
Below are the updated storage requirements for Beyond Light:
|Platform||Destiny 2 Install Size||Storage Space Needed for Installation|
|Xbox Series X|S||65.7 GB||65.7GB|
|PlayStation 5||70.78 GB||70.78 GB|
|PlayStation 4||70.78 GB||171.68 GB*|
|Xbox One||65.7 GB||65.7 GB|
|PC||69.7 GB**||186.2 GB***|
* PlayStation 4: Includes current installed version of Destiny 2 (100.9 GB) + Update 22.214.171.124 pre-load (70.78 GB) = 171.68 GB
** PC: Destiny 2 Install Size may vary based on languages installed, size shown is maximum size possible
*** PC: Includes current installed version of Destiny 2 (up to 116.5 GB) + Update 126.96.36.199 pre-load (up to 69.7 GB) = 186.2 GB
With the release of Beyond Light on November 10, certain Bungie Rewards will no longer be available to earn. These include the ‘Eclipse Sunset’ and ‘Sunset’ emblems, the Year of Shadowkeep Artifact Coins, the Moments of Triumph t-shirt, the Raid Ring, the Prophecy Dungeon Hoodie, the MMXX Seal, and the Forerunner Seal.
Players should be sure to earn these rewards by November 9 at 7 PM PST (0300 UTC) and claim these rewards from the Bungie Rewards page before November 13 at 8 AM PST (1600 UTC).
Destiny Content Vault and The End of Season of Arrivals
With the start of Year 4 and the introduction of the Destiny Content Vault on November 10, certain items will be deprecated from player inventories that correspond with Vaulted destinations, activities, and campaigns.
Players should review our help articles on items being deprecated at the start of Year 4 and items being removed at the end of Season of Arrivals for more information on items, quests, and currencies that will be removed from player inventories at the start of Year 4. Some items listed can be used or turned in for rewards, such as Glimmer, weapons, and armor, so be sure to do that before November 10.
Additionally, certain Titles will become Legacy Seals and unavailable to earn at the start of Year 4. Players should be sure to equip the following Titles before November 9 at 7 PM PST (0300 UTC), after which they will be unavailable to earn. For more information, please visit our Year 4 Triumphs Update help article.
|A Shadow Rises||Shadow|
|Moments of Triumph 2020||MMXX|
Beginning November 10, two new kiosks will be available in the Tower. First up, the Quest Archive will be found next to the Postmaster. Bungie’s hope is that this removes some of the confusion when trying to track down the odd quest that you previously discarded. Additionally, this will be the place for any veteran players to pick up the New Light Quest on November 10, if they have a strong desire to experience new player tutorials and the (re-)introduction to the Cosmodrome.
Next up, the Monument to Lost Lights Exotic Archive will be found by the Vault. Here, players may acquire various Exotics and Legendary Pinnacle/Pursuit weapons that were once available through now-retired quests. As many of these Exotics were tied to lengthy quests or difficult objectives, Bungie wanted to make sure their prices reflected those previous efforts. Players will need an amount of Glimmer, destination materials, masterworking materials, and an Exotic Cipher or Ascendant Shard in order to purchase the Exotic or Legendary which they desire. Bungie is also introducing a currency, Spoils of Conquest, which can only be acquired when completing raids. This currency will be required for Exotics previously tied to Vaulted raids.
- Trials of Osiris
- Trials of Osiris Power level requirement increased to 1210.
- Added ADEPT weapons and weapon mods to Flawless chest rewards.
- Additional information here.
- Added physics blockers to some out-of-bounds areas on Altar of Flame.
- Added physics blockers to some out-of-bounds areas on Exodus Blue.
- Added physics blockers to some out-of-bounds areas on Cauldron.
- Login screens now have a dark background.
- Updated the full-screen menus to have a dark background style.
- Player waypoints now display Season Rank, HUD waypoints.
- Added toggle functionality to the character screen, allowing the player to make a choice between Light and Dark subclasses.
- Character screen visuals updated depending on player choice between Light and Dark.
- Changed selection from “Male” & “Female” to “Masculine” & “Feminine.”
- Guardian head and hair models have been replaced with improved versions.
- Several color swatches have been changed to better represent the applied color.
- Player’s previous head selections are still used.
- Fixed a bug that prevented online friends from showing up in the roster on Stadia for players with more than 100 friends.
- Fixed a bug that occasionally prevented players from earning progress on bounties when joining an activity in progress.
- This most notably impacted Iron Banner bounties and could cause players to have their Artifact Power bonus enabled during Iron Banner matches.
A few Sandbox changes that we missed in our Sandbox preview
- Traveler’s Chosen
- Reduced muzzle flash intensity.
- Point of the Stag
- Increased Point of the Stag’s Max Power Level to 1310.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some weapons from dealing precision damage to the Divinity cage (e.g. Eriana’s Vow).
- Hunter Dodge
- Increased Hunter’s Dodge cooldown by a few seconds.
- (E.g. Tier 4, old cooldown: 22 sec. New cooldown: 26 sec.)
- Anti-Champion Mods
- Anti-barrier rounds will now penetrate Taken Phalanx shields.
- All Anti-Champion mods have been shifted to armor, rather than taking a weapon mod slot.
- Orbs of Light have been changed to Orbs of Power as they can now be consumed by Light and Dark subclasses.
Bungie wanted to a provide a parting gift before these coupons are tossed into the bin. These coupons can’t be redeemed for spicy ramen, but they can decorate your desktop for as long as you desire.
Full patch notes will be released via Bungie.net on Tuesday around launch time. Stay tuned!
With a new expansion coming next week, Bungie also has a fresh update coming to the Bungie Store!
Starting November 9, upgrade your arsenal of collectibles and gifts at Bungie Store with new exclusive products and free in-game emblems with purchase, including the Destiny 2: Beyond Light Original Soundtrack!
Cosmic Alignment (Available November 9 through December 4, 2020)
Between Stars (Available November 9 through February 9, 2021)
Shattered Harmony (Available November 9 with purchase of Destiny 2: Beyond Light Original Soundtrack)
Follow @BungieStore on Twitter for more deals and discounts to be announced every Friday in Novembrrrr from The Drifter, The Exo Stranger and Variks.
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
- Nov 05: This Week at Bungie – November has Come
- Oct 29: This Week at Bungie – Progress
- Oct 27: Season of the Hunt – The Hunt is On
Feel free to join us on Discord to stay up-to-date with gaming infographics/posts, news and updates and more! To view graphics, posts and more visit: kyber3000.com/Links, all graphics and posts are updated every week so feel free to save/bookmark that link.
I hope you all have a great weekend, take care!
CONNECT & SUPPORT Twitter | IG | Discord | Support | Amazon | Epic Games Store Note: If you'd like to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will credit me a commission for the game sale (usually about 5% of the sale). With Amazon, I will receive a small commission whenever my link is used to buy eligible items or when signing up for Amazon memberships. Your support is greatly appreciated!!