💠 This weekend you can find Xûr hanging out at The Winding Cove on the EDZ. Trials is currently planned to make it’s return on December 18, 2020 (see Tweet). Check out the info below for Xur’s Inventory, Trials info, view recent news and more.
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine. (Note: Xur offers random rolls on all armor.)
Departs: Tuesday, Dec 08 @ 9 a.m. PST
Where is Xur? The Winding Cove, EDZ (The green arrow below is Xur’s location)
Exotic Armor – 23 LS (Random Rolls are available)
- Hunter: Graviton Forfeit – Helmet
- Titan: Citan’s Ramparts – Gauntlets
- Warlock: Verity’s Brow – Helmet
Exotic Weapon – 29 LS
- The Wardcliff Coil – Rocket Launcher
- Element: Arc | Type: Power | Ammo: Heavy
Exotic Engram (97 LS)
- An engram with a predestined outcome. Contains a new Exotic if any remain to be collected; otherwise, it contains a random piece of Exotic armor. This item can be purchase only once per week, per account.
Xenology Quest (No Cost)
- Complete strikes or win matches in Crucible or Gambit. Extra progress is awarded for more challenging activities and for succeeding with clanmates. Reward: Exotic Cipher Present it to Xûr or the Monument To Lost Lights to receive a reward. You can only hold 1 of this item at a time. (Available on a weekly cadence)
December 01 – December 14
All of the Bungie Community members may sign up to host your own Destiny 2 fundraising stream between December 1 and December 14. Bungie has prizes at various fundraising milestones.
- A $25 donation will earn you the 2019 Mist Blossoms Emblem and Gilded Shell Exotic Ghost.
- If you missed them last year, this is your chance to get your hands on them!
- A $50 donation will earn you the above items, plus the new Light Keepers Emblem.
- A $100 donation will earn you the three items above and will enter you to win an item from the Bungie Prize Pool. Prizes include GameStop/EB Games gift cards (U.S. and Canada only), Destiny 2: Beyond Light Digital Deluxe Editions, and Destiny 2: Beyond Light Physical Deluxe Editions.
100% of donations go directly to the charities. All in-game digital incentives will be automatically redeemed via donors’ Bungie.net ID and will appear in the Destiny 2 Collections tab on or after Tuesday, December 1. For help visit Bungie.net.
NEXT WEEK IN DESTINY!
- Iron Banner goes live for the first time this Season.
- The Inverted Spire returns be the Nightfall: The Ordeal.
- Clash goes live in the Crucible, plus all players will earn bonus Valor in the Crucible playlist.
- Update 3.0.1 goes live, check out a preview of Patch Notes below.
Begins: Tuesday, Dec 08 @ 9 AM PST
Ends: Tuesday, Dec 15 @ 9 AM PST
Info: For any New Lights out there, Iron Banner is a limited time 6v6 Crucible activity with Power-enabled combat. While artifact power is disabled, you’ll want to infuse and equip your most powerful gear before jumping in. Similar to Control, there are three zones on the map for your team to capture. The more zones you hold, the more points you get when defeating Guardians. If your team is brave enough to capture all three zones, the opposing team will be locked out of capturing zones for a short duration. In other words, this is your time to shine while your enemies cower in fear.
Rewards: Two weapons from the first year of Destiny 2 have been reprised, now featuring random rolls + the Iron Will armor set has been updated to accept new combat mods. (View more details about rewards below)
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
News and Updates
- Dec 03: This Week at Bungie – Next Gen Next Week
- Dec 02: Lightkeepers – Game2Give 2020 Fundraising Campaign
- Dec 01: Prime Gaming Rewards
- Nov 24: Hotfix 22.214.171.124 – The One About Legendary Engram Changes
- Deep Stone Crypt Raid Page | Raid Info Page
- Destiny 2 Known Issues | Report Issues to the #Help forum
- Season of the Hunt Website | Season of the Hunt Guide
- Beyond Light Guide | Beyond Light Support
- Beyond Light (+ Future Content) | Official Beyond Light Website
- Destiny Content Vault (DCV) Info via TWAB | Content Vault Guide
- Find a Fireteam | Destiny 2: New Player Guide | Cross Save
UPDATE 3.0.1 – PATCH NOTE PREVIEW
Info from This Week at Bungie article (12.03.2020):
The Bungie team has been working on some bug fixes for issues found around launch. Bungie will have a full list of patch notes ready to go on December 8 when the patch becomes available for download.
Dungeons – Prophecy
- The Prophecy Dungeon will be returning to Destiny 2 on December 8, 2020.
- This endgame activity is free to all players.
- Powerful rewards may be earned from each checkpoint once per week.
- Players may complete the dungeon once per week to obtain a pinnacle-powered reward.
- Previously featured weapon and armor rewards are available once more.
Destiny Companion App – Bounties
- Beginning next week, players may acquire bounties from Destiny 2 vendors using the Destiny Companion App.
- Bounties may only be acquired when players are Offline, In Orbit, or in The Tower.
- This will be introduced through a Companion App update, which is planned for December 8, 2020.
- Stay tuned to @BungieHelp for more on this Companion App update.
New Light – Resolved Issues
- Fixed an issue with the New Light subclass quest where Ikora’s waypoint was suppressed.
- Fixed an issue where veteran players with two characters of the same class were blocked from acquiring their subclasses.
- Fixed an issue where a step on the New Light pursuit was not granting experience.
- Fixed an issue where players who skip the Shotgun chest in the first mission did not receive Special ammo when the Shotgun was granted.
Monument to Lost Lights
- Fixed an issue where the waypoint on the Exotic Archive Vendor continues to flash for players who own all Exotics.
- Badges and Armor in Collections correctly select player’s class.
- Fixed an issue where the UI would forget which page the player was on after previewing an item in Collections.
- Fixed a bug where some new armor mods had incorrect sources listed in Collections.
- Updated the mercy rule for Control and Clash to prevent it from triggering too early in the match.
- Fixed an issue where the “Survivor” medal could be awarded to players who were defeated during the round.
- Fixed an issue where the “Untouchable” medal could not be earned.
Beyond Light Exotics
- Icefall Mantle
- Fixed a bug where the Icefall Mantle’s description did not mention the slow field it generates when activated.
- Mask of Bakris
- Improved the readability of the visual effects when another player wearing Mask of Bakris shifts directly toward you.
- Updated the description string of Mask of Bakris’s perk to correctly describe its damage bonus, which applies only to combatants and affects all Arc weapon damage and all damage against slowed or encased enemies.
- Additionally, fixed an issue where this damage bonus was applying to players who are slowed or encased in Crucible and Gambit.
- Necrotic Grip
- Fixed an issue where being killed by the effects of Necrotic Grip would show as being “Killed by the Architects.”
|Feature||Xbox Series X||PlayStation 5||Xbox Series S|
|120hz Crucible Support||Supported*||Supported*||Not Supported|
|Field of View Slider||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Faster Load Times||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Next-Generation Upgrade Free||Xbox Smart Delivery||Yes||Xbox Smart Delivery|
Update 3.0.1 Schedule
Here is the maintenance schedule for Update 3.0.1:
- December 8, 7 AM PST (1500 UTC): Destiny 1 and 2 maintenance for Update 3.0.1 begins.
- December 8, 8 AM PST (1600 UTC): Players are removed from activities in Destiny 1 and 2 and won’t be able to log back in until 9 AM PST when Update 3.0.1 is available.
- December 8, 9 AM PST (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 Update 3.0.1 is rolled out across all platforms and regions. Players can log back into Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 at this time. Ongoing maintenance is expected to conclude at 10 AM PST.
- December 8 10 AM PST (1800 UTC): Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude.
When Update 3.0.1 releases on December 8, next-gen console users (Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5) will need to download the full-size game, regardless if they have been playing Destiny 2 since Beyond Light’s launch. This does not affect Xbox One, PlayStation 4, or Steam users. Pre-load will not be available for this patch – pre-loads are usually only available for expansion type patches and are not available for hotfixes or seasonal updates.
The estimated patch sizes for Update 3.0.1 based on platforms are as follows:
- Xbox Series X|S 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~70.0 GB
- PlayStation 5 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~67.0 GB
- Xbox One 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~2.35 GB
- PlayStation 4 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~2.09 GB
- Steam 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~1.5 GB
Additionally, the updated Storage Requirements for Destiny 2 are as follows:
|Platform||Destiny 2 Install Size||Free Space Needed to Update|
|Xbox Series X|S||70.0 GB||70.0 GB|
|PlayStation 5||67.0 GB||67.0 GB|
|PlayStation 4||70.78 GB||70.78 GB|
|PC||69.7 GB*||69.7 GB*|
*PC: Destiny 2 install size may vary based on languages installed, size shown is maximum size possible.
Feel free to join us on Discord to stay up-to-date with gaming infographics/posts, news and updates, occasionally giveaways and more! To view graphics, posts and more visit: kyber3000.com/Links, all graphics and posts are updated every week.
I hope you all have a great weekend, take care!
CONNECT & SUPPORT Twitter| IG| Discord | Support | Amazon | Epic Games Store Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will credit me a small commission (usually about 5% of the sale). With Amazon, I will receive a small commission whenever my link is used to buy items or when signing up for Amazon memberships (some things are not eligible). Your support is greatly appreciated!