💠 DESTINY 2 WEEKLY RESET (Feb 16 – Feb 23)
This Week in Destiny 2:
- This week’s elemental singe is Solar.
- New Exotic Quest is available, view details below.
- Cleansing Battleground is now available!
- Enjoy boosted Infamy in Gambit all week long.
- Showdown has returned to the Crucible.
- For the first few weeks, there may be some activities and challenges not yet included/updated on this post or the infographic (the graphic will be updated with updated info/activities throughout the season). If you would like to leave any suggestions or feedback, you may send me a message on Discord or Twitter or leave a comment below.
- To view what weekly challenges/activities reward Powerful and Pinnacle gear visit the Weekly Challenges page (Note: This page is being updated)
- The Daily and Weekly Reset is at 9AM PST / 12PM EST. To view daily modifiers and activity info check out r/DestinyTheGame and to find out what drops people are getting from various activities this week, visit the Weekly Loot Hub on r/DestinyTheGame.
Jump coordinates matching an errant distress signal.
Recommended Power: 1230
How to Complete: To start this quest, simply enter The Arms Dealer strike and follow the alternate path. It doesn’t matter if it’s the Nightfall or the regular strike. After doing that you should see the Quest pop up on The Tangled Shore. More info will be included here once more details are known about this Quest.
Quest Reward: Dead Man’s Tale – Exotic Scout Rifle
- Cranial Spike: Chaining precision hits grants bonus damage and quickens reload speed.
- Transformative: Future drops of this weapon will have random rolls.
- Dark-Forged Trigger: Increased hipfire rate of fire and removes hipfire accuracy penalties.
- How to Unlock: Defeat 800 combatants using this weapon to unlock this upgrade. Opening Hidden Caches during Exotic quest “Presage” will unlock this objective faster.
- Note: The catalyst may not be available to earn in-game yet, once more details are available this will be updated. View Catalyst on light.gg
NOTE: This section is being updated. It looks like this Quest could become a weekly challenge/activity and there will be a Master difficulty maybe to get the Catalyst and random rolls of Dead Man’s Tale.
New 3 Player PvE Activity (Recommended Power: 1100)
The fallout from the failed treaty has resulted in Cabal forces taking up arms on multiple destinations – prepared to defend the glory of the Empire. In this three-player matchmade activity, Guardians will engage in ritual combat against Caiatl’s chosen warriors.
Challenges and Rewards
- Weekly Challenge: Complete 3 Battlegrounds Playlist Activities
- Rewards: Powerful – Tier 2
- Available Now:
- Behemoth Battleground (Nessus): In a bid to earn Empress Caiatl’s favor, a Cabal force has descended on Europa to scour the icy moon for relics of the Golden Age including the secrets of the Exo contained in the Deep Stone Crypt. Travel to Europa and put a stop to this operation.
- Hailstone Battleground (Europa): Empress Caiatl has deployed a tank fortress to Nessus and opened an invitation to survivors of the Red Legion to vie for a seat on her War Council. Vanquish the Cabal and prove yourself in glorious combat against her Chosen.
- Cleansing Battleground: In an act of vengeance for the destruction of their homeworld, the Cabal have struck out against a Hive nest dug deep into the Cosmodrome. Use this opportunity to hit the Cabal hard and show them that humanity will not back down.
- Available 02/23:
- Oracle Battleground: A group of former Red Legion Psions are communing with Vex prediction engines deep within Nessus. They seek to gain tactical insights by analyzing simulations of future events against their own psychic foresight. Eliminate this threat before they can deliver their intelligence to Empress Caiatl.
NOTE: Season of the Chosen is required to access this activity. For more info visit the Battlegrounds page.
Week Two: Contender’s Ascent II
- Report to the War Table in the H.E.L.M. and complete the “Challenger’s Proving II” quest.
- War Table Reputation
NOTE: Seasonal Challenges are available every weekly reset and are located in the Season Pass. Visit the Seasonal Challenges page for more details.
Weekly Challenge: Complete the Deep Stone Crypt raid. (Pinnacle Gear)
- Deep Stone Crypt: Copies of Copies (2nd Encounter)
- Do not send any “Atraks-1 Replication” debuffs into airlocks/space (Guardians must guggle them).
- Garden of Salvation: Zero to One Hundred (4th Encounter)
- Fully fill each conflux with x30 motes within ten seconds of initially banking the first set of motes.
- Last Wish: Forever Fight (3rd Encounter)
- Do not kill the smaller Ogres.
NOTE: Remember to pick up the Last Wish Raid Challenge bounty from Hawthorne in the Tower (You do not need to pick up a bounty for the Garden of Salvation or Deep Stone Crypt raid challenges). More info visit the: Raid Challenges page or Deep Stone Crypt page.
- Complete 5, higher difficulties grant the most efficient progress. (Powerful Gear/T1)
- Complete with a team score of 100k or more. (Pinnacle Gear)
- Adept: Exotic Gear (rare), Enhancement Cores (uncommon), and Nightfall Weapon (rare).
- Hero: Exotic Gear (uncommon), Enhancement Cores (common), Enhancement Prisms (rare), and Nightfall Weapon (uncommon).
- Legend: Exotic Gear (common), Enhancement Prisms (uncommon), and Nightfall Weapon (common).
- Master: Exotic Gear (common), Enhancement Prisms (common), Ascendant Shards (uncommon), and Nightfall Weapon (common).
- Grandmaster: Exotic Gear (common), Ascendant Shards (common), and Nightfall Weapon (common).
Possible Nightfall Weapon Reward
About Nightfall Weapons: Nightfall: The Ordeal weapons have a chance to drop at the end of the activity depending on your medal (Platinum, Gold, etc.) and difficulty. Master difficulty will give you the highest chance at a drop of the base versions of these weapons. Adept difficulty weapons have a chance to drop at the end of a Grandmaster Nightfall when they go live later in the Season. Drop chance also dependent on your medal. Slay enough Champions to hit Platinum and you will have a high chance at an Adept weapon.
|Modifiers||Adept (1230 Power)||Hero (1270 Power)||Legend (1300 Power)||Master (1330 Power)||Grandmaster (1300 Power)|
NOTE: Nightfall Weapons have a chance to drop (w/random rolls) and rotate weekly, once the rotation order is known it will be added to this page. Grandmaster difficulty will be available starting March 16, 2021. For more info about Nightfall: The Ordeal click here and for descriptions about modifiers click here.
Challenge: Complete an Exo challenge.
Simulation (Exo Challenge)
- Agility: Simulated Skill-Set Training – Test your dexterity as you move against the Vex.
- Complete 2 Empire Hunts.
- Complete any Empire Hunt on Master difficulty.
Weekly Empire Hunt
- The Dark Priestess: Kridis – Defeat Kridis to stop her from bringing Eramis back to life.
- Any Difficulty: Cloudstrike – Exotic Sniper Rifle (Random drop)
- Adept: Enhancement Cores (uncommon)
- Hero: High-Stat Crystocrene Armor (rare), Enhancement Cores (common) and Enhancement Prisms (rare).
- Legend: High-Stat Crystocrene Armor (uncommon), Enhancement Cores (uncommon) and Enhancement Prisms (common).
- Master: High-Stat Crystocrene Armor (common) and Enhancement Prisms (common).
NOTES: For more details about Empire Hunts, click here. To get certain weekly challenges, like the weekly Empire Hunt challenge, you will need to complete Sabotage Quests to unlock them (if you get to a point where you can’t get any more Sabotage quests, make sure you finish quests you may have with the Exo Stranger (not including Fragment quests).
Lost Sectors change Daily @ Reset, 9AM PST. There is one Legend and one Master Lost Sector each day, each one has a chance to drop a piece of Exotic Armor (see schedule below).
Required to Unlock Lost Sectors
- Complete normal version of the Lost Sector.
- Reach Power 1250 (You will not see Legend and Master Lost Sectors until you are at least 1250 Power)
Recommended Power Levels
- Legend Lost Sector: 1300
- Master Lost Sector: 1330
Legend and Master Exclusive Exotic Armor
Exotic Armor has a random chance to drop when it listed as a possible reward for a Legend or Master Lost Sector (see schedule below).
|2/19/2021||Exodus Garden 2A
|Legs||Exodus Garden 2A
|2/23/2021||K1 Crew Quarters
NOTE: Legendary and Master Lost Sectors change daily at Reset (9 AM PST/12 PM EST). If you find that this schedule is incorrect or got a different drop than what is listed, please feel free to comment below or message Kyber3000 on Twitter or Discord. View Modifiers for Legendary and Master versions below. For a higher quality/full res version of the graphic above visit kyber3000.com/LostSectors (zoom in for larger text). If this page is not updated check out the Daily Reset at r/DTG.
Location of Eclipsed Zone: Asterion Abyss, Europa
NOTES: For more details about the Eclipsed Zone and Augmented Obsession Triumph, click here.
Nightmare Hunts This Week
NOTE: This is a Legacy activity and does not reward Powerful Gear. View more details for this activity here.
- This Week: Nightmare of Xortal
- Location: Sorrow’s Harbor, Moon
- Trove Guardian: Anchor of Light, Moon
NOTE: This is a Legacy activity and does not reward Powerful Gear.
Weekly Location: Divalian Mists
Dreaming City Cycle: Growing/Medium Strength Curse (“The Shattered Throne” Dungeon is available at all times and can be launched or reset from the Director)
Challenges and Quests:
- Ascendant Challenge: Shattered Ruins, Spine of Keres
- Quest: The Oracle Engine – The Taken threaten to take control of an irreplaceable Awoken communications device.
- Blind Well: Hive, Plague: Cragur
NOTE: This is a Legacy activity and does not reward Powerful Gear.
Daily Weapon Rotation:
|2/16/2021||Heretic (Rocket Launcher)|
|2/19/2021||Heretic (Rocket Launcher)|
|2/22/2021||Heretic (Rocket Launcher)|
NOTES: This activity is considered a Legacy activity and does not reward Powerful Gear. This Public Event activity is available on the Moon. There is one weapon that can drop from Altars of Sorrow each day (Please note: The weapon changes daily at Reset, 9 AM PT). You may also confirm what the weapon is each day at r/DTG.
The Eververse page is updated each week here. Please note, this page is updated manually after the weekly reset graphics and posts are made (usually no later than 12 PM Pacific).
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine.
Arrives: Friday, Feb 19 @ 9 AM PST
Departs: Monday, Feb 23 @ 9 AM PST
3v3 Competitive Activity – Available for all Destiny 2 players!
Returns: Friday, Feb 19 @ 9 AM PST
Departs: Monday, Feb 23 @ 9 AM PST
NOTE: View more details on the Trials page every Friday.
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
News and Updates
- Feb 11: This Week at Bungie – You Have Been Chosen
- Feb 09: Update 3.1.0 – The One About Season of the Chosen
- Feb 04: This Week at Bungie – To Battle
To stay up-to-date with gaming infographics/posts, news and updates, enter occasional giveaways and more, make sure to join the Kyber Discord! As a reminder, you may always view graphics and post at kyber3000.com/Links. All graphics and posts are updated here every week so you may bookmark that link to have easy access to graphics and posts for Destiny 2.
I hope you all have a great week!
CONNECT & SUPPORT 🤍 Follow and Support Kyber Twitter| IG| Discord | Support | Amazon | Epic Games Store Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will credit me a commission (usually about 5% of the sale). With Amazon, I will receive a commission whenever my link is used to buy items or when signing up for Amazon memberships (some things are not eligible). Your support is greatly appreciated!