💠 This weekend you can find Xûr hanging out on the Big Tree at Watcher’s Grave on Nessus and Trials is back on Endless Vale! Check out the info below for a look at Xur’s Inventory, recent news, and more.
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine. (Note: Xur offers random rolls on all armor.)
Departs: Tuesday, Mar 23 @ 10 AM Pacific
Where is Xur? Watcher’s Grave (on Big Tree), Nessus (The green arrow below is Xur’s location)
Exotic Armor – 23 LS (Random Rolls are available)
- Hunter: Aeon Swift – Gauntlets
- Titan: Khepri’s Horn – Helmet
- Warlock: Sanguine Alchemy – Chest Armor
Exotic Weapon – 29 LS
- Trinity Ghoul – Combat Bow
- Element: Arc | Type/Slot: Energy | Ammo: Primary
Exotic Engram (97 LS)
- An engram with a predestined outcome. Contains a new Exotic if any remain to be collected; otherwise, it contains a random piece of Exotic armor. This item can be purchase only once per week, per account.
Exotic Cipher Quest (No Cost)
- Complete strikes or win matches in Crucible or Gambit. Extra progress is awarded for more challenging activities and for succeeding with clanmates. Reward: Exotic Cipher Present it to Xûr or the Monument To Lost Lights to receive a reward. You can only hold 1 of this item at a time. (Available on a weekly cadence)
Departs: Tuesday, Mar 23 @ 10 AM Pacific
- 3 Wins (Powerful): Igneous Hammer – Hand Cannon
- 5 Wins (Powerful): Chest Armor – Titan | Hunter | Warlock
- 7 Wins (Pinnacle): Leg Armor – Titan | Hunter | Warlock
- Flawless (Pinnacle):
- Adept Weapon: Sola’s Scar – Adept Sword
- Switches to armor next week.
- Mod: Random Adept Mod
- Adept Weapon: Sola’s Scar – Adept Sword
Map: Endless Vale
NEXT WEEK IN DESTINY!
- Become humanity’s chosen champion in the new Proving Grounds Strike!
- Iron Banner returns plus all players earn Bonus Valor in the Crucible.
- Update 18.104.22.168 goes live.
- Take on Bracus Zahn in The Arms Dealer Nightfall: The Ordeal.
IRON BANNER // LIMITED TIME EVENT
Begins: Tuesday, Mar 23 @ 10 AM Pacific
Ends: Tuesday, Mar 30 @ 10 AM Pacific
About Iron Banner:
For any New Lights out there, Iron Banner is a limited time 6v6 Crucible activity with Power-enabled combat. While artifact power is disabled, you’ll want to infuse and equip your most powerful gear before jumping in. Similar to Control, there are three zones on the map for your team to capture. The more zones you hold, the more points you get when defeating Guardians. If your team is brave enough to capture all three zones, the opposing team will be locked out of capturing zones for a short duration. In other words, this is your time to shine while your enemies cower in fear.
Rewards This Season:
- Iron Banner bounties that grant Pinnacle drops.
- The Time-Worn Spire – Pulse Rifle and Multimach CCX – Submachine Gun
- Random rolls are available on these weapons.
- New perk called Iron Reach that can roll on these two weapons. Iron Reach will massively increase range with the tradeoff of decreased stability.
- Iron Will armor set
- Has been updated to accept new Combat Style mods.
Bungie has received reports that Eyes of Tomorrow was doing less damage on bosses after update 3.1.0. They acknowledged that there was no intended damage reduction and started investigating a fix. Bungie discovered there was a modifier incorrectly placed on the weapon that was reducing its damage to “miniboss” combatants like the bosses you find in a Lost Sector. Bungie has a fix ready in Hotfix 22.214.171.124 which is currently scheduled for March 23.
Drop Rate Changes (info below is from Bungie.net):
In upcoming Hotfix 126.96.36.199 Bungie has collapsed all of your account raid completions into a single value so bad luck protection applies properly no matter which characters you run the raid on. This applies retroactively — so if you still haven’t gotten a drop yet you will have the corrected drop chance after the fix goes live depending on how much raiding you have already done.
The original design intent of bad luck protection for Eyes of Tomorrow was to increase your chances of obtaining it with each weekly clear on your account, eventually reaching a 100 percent guaranteed drop if RNG had been particularly unkind to you. The goal was to reward folks for raiding consistently week over week, rather than binging dozens of runs in a single week. Another goal was to ensure single-character players were not at a huge disadvantage, as we didn’t want the benefits of bad luck protection to require raiding across three characters.
With those goals in mind, Bungie set it up so that each character has a weekly chance at the Exotic, but the bad luck protection count only “accumulates” once per week across the entire account. This meant that players raiding on three characters have three times as many chances at the Exotic, but that the increase in drop chance only increases once each week and applies equally to everyone who runs the raid, regardless of if you are running one character or three.
However, Bungie mistakenly applied this protection to a system that only stores data on a per-character basis. That resulted in each character having individual protection counts. That would be fine, but only the first character you ran the raid on each week would add to their protection count. Left unfixed, this would have made it take up to three times as long to see the benefits of bad luck protection for people raiding across different characters each week.
In 188.8.131.52 Bungie is combining all raid completions on your account to a single value. This means if you’ve completed the raid weekly since it launched, you’ll now correctly have the max possible completions counted towards your bad luck protection, regardless of which characters you raided on. And moving forward, this protection will accumulate properly regardless of character. For some of you, this will have no effect since you only raid on one character. For others, your bad luck protection count will effectively triple.
So even if you continue to be extremely unlucky — after this fix the Exotic is guaranteed to drop in the next few months if you have been raiding each week. Happy hunting!
Source/Credit: This Week at Bungie – March 18, 2021
Update 184.108.40.206 will go live next Tuesday, March 23, at the weekly reset. Click here for a timeline of the maintenance windows and downtime.
Here is a small list of some of the issue being addressed:
- Fixed an issue that prevented Scan and Heroic VIP patrols from appearing on Europa.
- Fixed an issue where the Frozen in Time ornament couldn’t be equipped to No Time to Explain.
- Fixed an issue that caused Eyes of Tomorrow to do less damage than intended against yellow bar enemies.
- Many Stasis changes.
Bright Dust Resolved
Earlier this week, we sent out missing Bright Dust to players who didn’t receive any when completing Vanguard, Crucible, or Gambit Weekly Challenges from February 10 to 23. There was a delay between shipping out the in-game message and sending out the Bright Dust due to the 337K players who qualified, but all missing Bright Dust has now been delivered.
Help and Info:
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
News and Updates
- Mar 18: This Week at Bungie – Eyes Up
- Mar 16: Update 3.1.1 – The One About Too Many Players On The Field
- Mar 11: This Week at Bungie – On Edge
To stay up-to-date with gaming infographics/posts, news and updates, enter occasional giveaways and more, make sure to join the Kyber Discord! As a reminder, you may always view graphics and post at kyber3000.com/Links. All graphics and posts are updated here every week so you may bookmark that link to have easy access to graphics and posts for Destiny 2.
I hope you all have a good weekend, take care!
🤍 FOLLOW & SUPPORT KYBER Twitter | IG | Discord | Support | Amazon | Epic Games Store Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will support me (commission is usually about 5% of the sale). You can also support me when signing up for Amazon/Twitch Prime or when purchasing eligible items using my Amazon Affiliate link. Your support is greatly appreciated, thank you!