Summary of changes covered in the latest article by Bungie – “Reflecting on Lightfall: Launch and Beyond”.
NOTE: Some of the changes will arrive with the mid-Season patch and others with Season 21.
For an in-depth look at what’s to come check out the full article on the Bungie website.
Commendations and Guardian Ranks
Bungie will be adding a new display to show recent seasonal history including Guardian Ranks, Commendation score, Commendation breakdown, Seasonal Challenges, and Seasonal Triumph score in Season 21.
- Returning players start at rank 5 and rank renewal is fast-tracked.
- Ranking up from 5 to 7 is faster than from 6 to 7 at launch.
- Players can renew rank 7 quickly through seasonal content, Artifact power, Seasonal Challenges, and trying out the newest Exotic.
- Bungie plans to “remix” ranks 6-11.
In the coming weeks, Bungie is also planning updates to make giving and receiving Commendations more meaningful including:
- Eligibility for Commendations will be updated based on activity participation (or lack thereof).
- Adding a new Commendation: “Best Dressed.”
Coming in Season 21:
- Leadership Commendations in ranks 10 and 11 retroactive for Season 21.
- Raids and dungeons led from day one count towards progress
Images via Bungie
- Combatant waves will spawn less frequently on higher difficulties during the Towers phase
- The map score multiplier will be increased to help players achieve score goals without exploits
- An additional ammo crate will be added
Other Heist Battlegrounds changes:
- Some combatant waves in boss fights will be reduced in frequency and number
- The health of Deathtongue Choristers will be reduced
- Hive runes will now have the same health across all difficulties
- Number of Fallen tripmines in Heist Battleground: Moon will be reduced.
“Certain patrols will be easier to complete on Neomuna in a future patch.”
Vanguard Scoring and Reputation
Vanguard Scoring and Rep changes coming in a Future Patch
- Adjustments will be made to improve low map score multipliers and individual objectives, specifically for Guardian Ranks Nightfall scoring objectives and Legend Dares of Eternity bounties.
- A throttle will be added to prevent certain exploits. Vanguard scoring will be fully reviewed after Season 20.
Exotic Armor Drop Rates
- In an upcoming update, the Vex Strike Force event in the Vex Incursion Zone will give you a chance to acquire a new Exotic armor piece that you don’t already have. This will be done through a knockout list and without any slot limits.
- However, if you have already collected all Exotic armor, the event will give you a random Exotic item.
More on that under the “Buildcrafting” tab.
Images via Bungie
Changes below are coming with Season 21.
Two new armor mods will be added in Season 21 to replace some missing features from pre-Lightfall builds.
Powerful Attraction: When you equip the “Powerful Attraction” mod, you can use your class ability to collect all Orbs of Power within a specific range. The range expands as you equip more copies of the mod.
Elemental Charges: Collecting subclass collectibles, such as firesprites, ionic traces, Stasis shards, and Void breaches, linked to your damage type can increase the likelihood of receiving Armor Charge stacks, which intensify over time. Additionally, destroying tangles on the Strand can also grant Armor Charge stacks.
Shoot to Loot perk change
- Shoot to Loot – Can be used to ‘loot’ Orbs of Power in addition to ammo boxes.
New Strand Aspects
In Season 21, there will be three new Strand Aspects for Lightfall owners.
- Titan: Flechette Storm
- Hunter: Threaded Specter
- Warlock: The Wanderer
Artifact Perk Refunds
“In Season 21, Bungie is adding the ability to refund and apply individual Artifact perks with a single click.”
Seasonal Ritual Schedule
Since there will be no Power raise in Season 21, the following activities will be made available sooner than usual.
- Trials will be available Week 1.
- Grandmaster Nightfalls available starting Week 4.
- Only available for the Weekly Grandmaster.
- Conqueror gilding node opens in Week 7.
Exotic Armor Focusing
“When this goes live, all Exotic engrams aside from drops from activities that award Exotics (i.e. Lost Sectors, Vex Strike Force, Nightfalls) will no longer auto-decrypt.“
There are two tiers for Exotic Armor focusing.
- Focuses on entitled release.
- Cost: 1 Exotic engram, 1 Ascendant Shard, and 30,000 Glimmer.
- Seasonal Exotics are included in the yearly entitlement.
- Focuses on specific armor.
- Cost: 1 Exotic engram, 3 Ascendant Shards, 60,000 Glimmer, and 1 Exotic Cipher.
- Exotic Cipher stack limit increases to 5.
- Rahool allows free decryption.
- Focusing doesn’t provide new armor pieces, only obtainable from Vex Strike Force or Lost Sectors. Bungie has plans to make acquiring new armor easier in the future.
More to Come
Season 21 will bring new updates from Bungie, which are being kept under wraps for now. However, players can expect improvements to over 15 Exotic armors and balance changes to others. Bungie is also working on making Triumphs more rewarding for those looking for Exotic drops from raids and dungeons. They are also reviewing and enhancing Vanguard bounties that require specific weapon or ability kills to make them more team-friendly. Bungie thanks all players, old and new, for their support and invites feedback through their @Destiny2Team accounts.
Images via Bungie