Availability: May 2 – May 23
Access: Free Event
How to Win?
Guardian Games is an annual event where players earn Medallions by completing various activities in Destiny 2. The class with the highest number of Medallion deposits at the end of the day wins. Medallions are the main currency during the event, and can be earned through various activities.
- To earn Bronze or Silver Medallions, participate in Gambit, Quickplay Crucible matches, Vanguard playlists, and certain Neptune activities and Defiant Battlegrounds. For Gold or Platinum Medallions, play Nightfalls, raids, dungeons, Competitive Crucible, Trials of Osiris, or Legend Defiant Battlegrounds.
- By spending 1000 Glimmer, you can purchase Contender Cards that grant Gold Medallions. You can hold up to two cards simultaneously: one for strikes and Gambit, and another one for the Crucible. For 1500 Glimmer each, you can obtain Platinum Cards that award Platinum Medallions. Similar to Contender Cards, you can carry two of these at a time: one for strikes and Gambit, and one for Crucible.
The Title Void SMG is returning with new perks, such as Repulsor Brace.
Taraxippos, the first Legendary Strand Scout Rifle will be available to earn during Guardian Games. This Scout Rifle has a Lightweight Frame and some great perk combinations (check it out on light.gg).
Strike Scoring that was introduced last year will make a comeback again during this year’s event with some updated milestones, challenges, and new Strike Medals (some of them will require you to use Strand and Subclass 3.0 verbs).
The scoring system in Strikes operates as follows:
- By achieving high scores, you can unlock powerful enhancements for your weapons and abilities. If you don’t attain your target score initially, you can continue attempting to earn more Strike Medals, points, and stronger enhancements with the aid of these boosts. It’s essential to note that these enhancements are only effective in the Guardian Games playlists, so utilize them wisely.
The two strike playlists will also be making a return. Both can be played with regular or class-based matchmaking for extra rewards.
- Guardian Games Ops Playlist
- Guardian Games Ops Competitive Playlist
- The Competitive Playlist also has a non-matchmaking option for premade fireteams.
- While both playlists have strike scoring, the Competitive Playlist places emphasis on a weekly Nightfall strike, which comes with modifiers and Hero difficulty scaling. On the other hand, the Ops Playlist includes all available strikes.
Regardless of your class earning high scores will progress your Guardian Games quest for rewards each week. Your class item changes color and glows uniquely in the Tower, especially if you have the highest weekly score.
A special Supremacy game mode during Guardian Games allows matchmaking by class (“So, if you are a Hunter, you and five other Hunters will face a team of Warlocks or Titans”).
In this game mode, players collect class-branded crests to earn points (which drop from every Guardian that falls) and defeat other classes.
Similar to Guardian Games Ops, there will be a Supremacy quest and four more torches in the Tower to light. Defend and honor your class, deposit Medallions, and light torches to earn rewards.
Challenges and rewards are available to earn through the Event Card (free to all players). Completing all challenges earns you the Champ title, which can be gilded with extra Triumphs. The Event Card can also be upgraded for 1000 Silver, unlocking new rewards and more tickets for completing challenges.
If you have earned titles from Solstice, Festival of the Lost, and the Dawning, congratulations! By earning the Champ title, you can unlock the Reveler title for the first time.
NOTE: More rewards and information will be posted on our Guardian Games event page once the event goes live.
Guardian Games Cup
May 2 – May 23, 2023
The Guardian Games Cup is making a comeback, this year everyone can participate.
There are two categories in which teams can compete: Technical and Charitable.
There are two categories in which teams can compete: Technical and Charitable. In the Technical category, teams will be ranked based on the total number of medals they earn during the Guardian Games period. In the Charitable category, teams will be ranked based on the total amount of money they raise through their official Bungie Foundation sign-up page during the same period.
Visit the Guardian Games Cup page to take a look a rewards available for the top teams.
Guardian Games Cup Fundraiser
From May 2 until May 23, all donations of $25 and above will receive the Quantum Relay emblem.
Using our link below will also support our fundraising efforts.
❤️️ Thank you to everyone who donates and support this fundraiser, it means the world to us!
The Bungie Foundation will be sending all funds raised this year to both Direct Relief and the International Rescue Committee equally.
- Direct Relief is a humanitarian aid organization, active in the US and more than 80 countries, with a mission to improve the health and lives of people affected by poverty or emergencies – without regard to politics, religion, or ability to pay.
- The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, including the conflict in Ukraine and the crisis in Afghanistan. They help to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. They are proud to fight for a world where women and girls have an equal chance to succeed.
➤ Check out the full article by Bungie for more details.
Leave a Reply