Senior design lead Chris Proctor has announced upcoming changes for PvE in Season 21. These adjustments, separate from the recent PvP-focused update, will include modifications to hip-fire reticles, various Exotic weapons, and other minor tweaks. Stay tuned for more details.
ℹ️ Tap sections below to learn more (summary) or click the link below for full details on changes coming next season.
Hip-Fire Reticles and FOV
“Bungie has rebuilt the reticles for the following weapon types so that they move more visibly at high FOV”
- Fusion Rifle
- Hand Cannon
- Trace Rifle
More weapon reticle updates are planned for future release.
“Shotgun reticles now scale with FOV, ensuring accurate pellet spread regardless of your chosen FOV. They also dynamically adjust with Shotgun pellet spread angle changes.”
In Season 21, Fusion Rifles and Swords have received updates to their hip-fire reticles.
- Fusion Rifles now include a charge meter under the reticle, while Sword reticles indicate the current Sword guard energy.
Experimental Aim Down Sights Reticle
Bungie is experimenting with a new approach to address the differences between hip-fire and aim down sights reticles.
“Starting in Season 21, Shayura’s Wrath now has an aim-down-sights reticle that reacts to the weapon’s accuracy and autoaim state, and ties into “red reticle,” meaning this will change color when an enemy that’s within this weapon’s engagement range is under the reticle.”
Custom Exotic Weapon Reticles
Bungie has made enhancements to several Exotic weapons by adding reticle elements to convey important information to players. These additions include a charge meter and Sword meter for Exotic Swords and Fusion Rifles, as mentioned previously.
However, it’s worth noting that certain Exotic weapons already provide clear indications of their states and were not included in this update.
The specific additions to Exotic weapons are as follows:
- Charge meter added to Exotic weapons that typically lack a charge meter:
- Devil’s Ruin
- Salvation’s Grip
- Grand Overture
- Perk counter displays pips for perked shots for the following weapons:
- Quicksilver Storm (grenade count)
- Ace of Spades (Memento Mori shot count)
- Lumina (Noble Rounds shot count)
- Traveler’s Chosen (Gathering Light stacks)
- Perk progress meter indicates perk buildup for:
- The Manticore
- Perk active indicator shows when the Exotic perk is active for:
- Ager’s Scepter
- Touch of Malice
- Cryosthesia 77k
- Trinity Ghoul
Bungie will continue to explore possibilities for custom reticle work for other Exotic weapons in the future.
Inspection Screen Improvements
In Season of the Deep, Bungie is introducing improvements to the Inspection Screen. You can now rotate weapons like Sparrows and armor, view ambient VFX for certain weapons, preview ship contrails, and depth-of-field blur has been removed for a clearer view of weapons, ships, and armor previews screens.
These enhancements extend to your inventory and when examining ornaments in the Eververse store as well.
Full Auto Melee
In response to the popularity of the “full auto” firing setting, the “full auto melee” setting. This allows players to continuously perform melee attacks with their fist, charged melee, Sword, Glaive, or roaming Super melee by holding down the relevant input.
Exotic Weapon Updates
Coming in Season of the Deep, Season 21.
- Eyes of Tomorrow: Eliminating 4 targets using a missile volley will refund one ammo.
- Graviton Lance
- RPM increased to 300 (20% burst delay reduction, now aligns with Revision Zero’s Hakke Heavy Rounds rate of fire).
- Rebalanced damage per shot:
- First shot damage increased:
- Body: 9.5 to 19
- Crit: 15.7 to 31.4
- Second shot damage decreased:
- Body: 35.6 to 25.6
- Crit: 58.7 to 42.3
- First shot damage increased:
- Jade Rabbit
- Fate of All Fools now displays buff text when its increased body shot damage is active.
- Rapidly landing 3 critical hits now refunds 3 shots instead of 1.
- The Manticore
- Catalyst’s damage resistance increased from tier 3 to tier 4.
- Improved movement speed during hang time.
- Catalyst perk activation (via an airborne kill or sustained damage after an airborne kill) now partially refills the magazine.
- Noble Rounds cap increased from 5 to 6.
- Damage increase activates faster (0.25s instead of 1s) when invisible.
- Heartshadow weakens upon dealing any damage while the damage increase is active.
- Worldline Zero
- Sprinting heavy attack can now be chained into itself once.
- Sword guard energy cost for each sprinting heavy attack reduced from 100% to 50%.
- Individual sprinting Heavy attack damage increased by 8.3%.
- Sweet Business
- Fires explosive rounds every 20 shots (less frequently when fully spun up).
- Legend of Acrius
- Total ammo increased from 12 to 16.
- Maximum projectile distance extended from 9m to 12m.
- Tommy’s Matchbook
- Catalyst update: While overheated, sustained fire applies scorch stacks to your target every 5 shots (14+7 with the Embers of Ashes Fragment).
- No Time to Explain
- Drone updated to be effective against Barrier Champions, breaking their shields and penetrating combatant shields.
- Drone now works with Feeding Frenzy (from the NTTE catalyst).
- Skyburner’s Oath
- Scorch stacks increased from 3 to 5, and from 5 to 10 with the Embers of Ashes Fragment.
- Salvation’s Grip
- Reworked with two firing modes: charged shot creates Stasis crystals and uncharged shot deals increased damage to Stasis crystals and frozen targets.
- Added a new perk that reloads the magazine from reserves when shattering at least 3 crystals quickly with the uncharged shot.
- Bad Juju
- Fixed issue causing Auto Rifle-like recoil, making the weapon harder to control.
- Recoil pattern adjusted to match other Pulse Rifles.
- Fighting Lion
- Fixed issue causing excessive damage to red-bar combatants.
- Resolved issue where hitting a Divinity bubble counted as two critical hits instead of one.
- Impact damage removed and redistributed to detonation damage.
- Self-damage scaling adjusted to accommodate increased detonation damage.
The following changes are coming for perks in Season 21.
- Fragile Focus
- Bonus lasts until shield pop, returns when shield regenerates to 100%.
- Thresh, Demolitionist, and Pugilist
- Grants increased energy to Glaive projectile kills (same as Shotguns, Fusion Rifles, and Sniper Rifles).
- Perk timing changed: Initial and reload cooldown timers unified.
- Base perk: 4s.
- Enhanced perk: 3.5s.
- Shoot to Loot
- Now picks up Orbs of Power. Currently only on direct hits, but a future patch will allow pickup with weapon detonations.
Bungie’s Future Plans
- Zoom Redesign: Standard zoom unaffected, lower zoom values buffed damage falloff, higher zoom values reduced damage falloff.
- Sword update: Enhancing the value of guarding.
- Future update: Sparrow customization for using preferred Sparrows instead of Always on Time (AoT) without changing AoT itself.