FREE FOR ALL PLAYERS
July 19 — August 9
Solstice is a limited-time event that celebrates the the summer solstice and the achievements of Guardians in Destiny 2. Solstice begins on July 19, 2022 and ends at the weekly reset on August 9, 2022.
To participate in the festivities, players must meet the following requirements:
- Escape the Cosmodrome to unlock the Tower.
Once new players have met the above requirements, they will unlock a Milestone telling them to speak with Eva Levante in the Tower Courtyard.
Resources: Bungie Help Guide
NOTE: Challenges are per class not account wide, with the exception of the seal and title. Meaning if you would like all of the armor glows you will need to complete the challenges on each character class. You do NOT need to do all the characters to get the gilded title. You must simply upgrade 12 armor pieces to the max. They do not need to be unique armor pieces. Source: Datto
SOLSTICE GUIDE VIA BUNGIE.NET
Don your new armor, light the bonfire, and fend off waves of party-crashing enemies. Claim victory to earn rewards and upgrade your armor’s stats.
Dressed for Summer
The bonfire is roaring; your armor is glowing—it’s the perfect time to show off your collection of new summer-themed cosmetics.
Icy Hot Rewards
Collect your rewards after a thrilling Bonfire victory and kick back in the shade with a tall glass of refreshing Stasis Hand Cannon.
Pick up your Event Card in the Quests tab in-game.
- Solstice is launching with the Event Card to organize objectives and help guide players on what they can do during the event
- The Event Card is available for free for all players.
- View your Event Card by:
- Interacting with Eva Levante in the Tower.
- Or via the Quests tab (right next to Seasonal Challenges).
- The Event Card consists of Event Challenges, Event Seals and titles, and Upgraded Event Card Rewards.
- Note the free events you know and love will remain the same, and some of the free rewards are now claimed via the Event Card (upgrade not required).
- Completing Event Challenges earns players event-related rewards and Event Tickets.
- Players can upgrade their Event Card for 1000 Silver to unlock:
- An instant claimable reward bundle.
- The ability to spend Event Tickets for more rewards.
- Not sure you’ll earn enough Event Tickets? No problem—Tickets are earned even if you haven’t upgraded your card, and the Event Card can be upgraded any time while the event is active.
- Note Event Tickets must be spent before Solstice ends on August 9!
- Upgraded Event Card rewards will be exclusively obtained through their event in the year they launch but could be added to the Eververse store in the future.
For more info on the Event Card, check out this previous TWAB.
Here is a quick look at a few rewards that are instantly unlocked from the Upgraded Event Card.
New Eververse Items
SOLSTICE ARMOR UPGRADING CURRENCIES
- Silver Leaves
- Earn Silver Leaves by completing activities throughout the game.
- Silver Ash
- Transform Silver Leaves into Silver Ash by completing the new activity: Bonfire Bash.
- Spend Silver Ash to reroll armor stats from the armor mod screen.
- Earn Kindling by completing Solstice Event Challenges.
- Spend Kindling to upgrade your armor stat roll potential, each piece of armor can be upgraded three times (three tiers).
- You only need to do this once per armor slot. Every time you upgrade a piece of Solstice armor, it is permanent and shared across all pieces for that slot. So, if you upgrade a helmet all the way to Tier 3, every Solstice helmet currently in your inventory and any future helmets you earn for that class can now access Tier 3 stat rerolls.
- Complete Event Challenges to earn Kindling.
- Use Kindling to permanently upgrade your Solstice armor stat roll potential.
- Complete a wide variety of activities throughout the game to earn Silver Leaves.
- Complete the Solstice Activity, Bonfire Bash, to transform Silver Leaves into Silver Ash.
- Use Silver Ash to reroll armor stats from the armor mod screen.
- Keep earning and spending Silver Ash to reroll armor to get the stats you want.
- Once you’ve fully rerolled stats on a piece of armor, pick up a new piece for the same slot to start rerolling stats again.
The new Solstice armor sets feature both free and paid glows like previous years. Fully upgrading a piece of armor, with kindling, will cause it to glow.
Once your armor has it’s glow, you gain access to high-stat rolls focusing on a stat (or two) of your choice.
Solstice gets its very own Seal! Complete it to earn the title and collectible medallion pin. Want some matching red-hot threads? Grab the exclusive Solstice 2022 shirt.
Learn how to purchase both through Bungie Rewards.