Happy Friday Guardians! This weekend you can find Xûr hanging out on the The Rig, Titan. Check out what Xûr has this week and recent news below. (click the image shown below to view full view and zoom in for larger text)
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine.
Departs: Tues, Aug 20 @ 10 AM Pacific
Location: The Rig, Titan
All Exotic Items Available
Titan: Stronghold – Gauntlets (23 LS)
- Clenched Fist: Guarding with Swords increases move speed and does not drain ammo. Shots blocked immediately after guarding will heal you.
- Armor Perk: Plasteel Reinforcement Mod – Restorative Mod
- Perk 1: Sidearm Loader – Light Arms Loader – Rifle Loader
- Perk 2: Linear Fusion Rifle Scavenger – Shotgun Scavenger
Hunter: Aeon Swift – Gauntlets (23 LS)
- Aeon Energy: Dodging grants the following to nearby Aeon Cult allies: Grenade energy to Warlocks. Melee energy to Titans. Dodge energy to Hunters
- Armor Perks: Mobility Enhancement Mod – Plasteel Reinforcement Mod
- Perk 1: Impact Induction – Enhanced Hand Cannon Loader – Machine Gun Loader
- Perk 2: Rocket Launcher Scavenger – Special Ammo Finder
Warlock: Verity’s Brow – Helmet (23 LS)
- The Fourth Magic: Energy weapon kills boost grenade recharge rate for you and nearby allies.
- Armor Perk: Mobility Enhancement Mod – Restorative Mod
- Perk 1: Scout Rifle Targeting – Heavy Lifting – Energy Weapon Targeting
- Perk 2: Fusion Rifle Reserves – Grenade Launcher Reserves
- Unplanned Reprieve: Fusion projectiles attach and detonate with a delayed Void blast.
- Harbinger’s Pulse: Multikills with this weapon immediately reload your equipped Kinetic and Energy weapons from reserves.
Five of Swords (Legendary Challenge Card for Nightfall) – Enables modifiers in Nightfall strikes on Prestige difficulty. More challenging modifiers apply larger score multipliers. This will replace a Rare Challenge Card in your inventory. (Free Item)
Isochronal/Fated Engram – Exotic Engram: An engram with a predestined outcome. It will contain a new Exotic if any remain to be collected. In other words this engram rewards you with an exotic that you have not already earned, year one and Forsaken items only. (97 LS)
Invitation of the Nine Quest (9 LS)
Destiny 2. XUR EXOTIC LOOT!/ENHANCED PERKS! Exotic Random Rolls, Location & Bounty. Xur August 16 by Mesa Sean on YouTube << Click link for more Destiny 2 videos!
NEXT IN WEEK IN DESTINY 2:
- Moments of Triumph and Solstice of Heroes continues! (Next week will be the final week of Solstice of Heroes)
- Showdown returns as the weekly Crucible playlist.
- PC begins it’s migration to Steam (August 20).
- Cross Save arrives! (August 21)
The next stop on the road to Shadowkeep is Cross Save. On Wednesday, August 21, Cross Save will become available to all players of Destiny 2. Bungie has been doing some testing to ensure a smooth launch, but Destiny Player Support has some last minute details to set you up for success.
This is their report.
Safeguarding Your Steam Account
Next Tuesday, August 20, Steam linking is scheduled to go live for all players on Bungie.net.
Steam linking is the first step for PC players to migrate their Destiny 2 accounts from Battle.net later this year and is required before players with linked PC accounts can activate cross save.
Because account security is vital, we strongly encourage players to setup Steam Guard two-factor authentication. For a comprehensive guide on setting up Steam Guard on your mobile device, please visit Steam’s support page.
For more information on securing your Destiny account, please see our Account Security Guide.
Cross Save: August vs. October
Next Wednesday, August 21, cross save is scheduled to become available for all Destiny 2 players on Bungie.net.
Before this feature goes live, Bungie wants to set a few expectations on how the cross save experience will evolve following the launches of New Light and Shadowkeep on October 1.
Expansion Destinations and Activities
When cross save launches on August 21, cross-save-enabled players will not be able to access expansion destinations or activities from platforms where they do not own that expansion license until the corresponding expansion is purchased on that platform.
For example: A cross-save-enabled player who owns Forsaken on their Xbox One account, but not on PlayStation 4, will not be able to launch into the Dreaming City on PlayStation 4 when cross saving their Xbox One characters.
With the arrival of New Light on October 1, we’re changing how players access destinations and activities for content that they do not own. For more information on New Light, please see our New Light page.
When cross save launches on August 21, cross-save-enabled players who earn gear on platforms where they do not own Forsaken will receive that gear at below-Forsaken Power levels until Forsaken is purchased on that platform.
For example: A cross-save-enabled player on a 750 Power character who owns Forsaken on their Xbox One account, but not on PlayStation 4, will receive all powerful gear drops at 380 Power when earned on PlayStation 4 while cross saving their Xbox One characters.
These Power restrictions will be removed in Update 2.6.0 with the launches of New Light and Shadowkeep later this year. For more information on cross save, please visit: Bungie.net/CrossSave
THE LEVANTE PRIZE – COMING SOON!
The most prestigious fashion prize. Awarded in honor of the original Guardian Outfitter, Eva Levante.
“When I was young, the Last City would celebrate looking fashionable for a whole week. Seeing that tradition come back brings me such joy. It’s my honor to grant you the first Levante prize of a new fashionable era.” —Eva Levante
Each month, Bungie will host a fashion show of sorts, and winners will earn the sweet emblem shown above. Stay tuned for more details!
Watch the full livestream from Wednesday, Aug 14 by clicking any of the links below or watch directly by clicking on a video attached.
Luke explores the learnings of Destiny 2 Year 2 and the Annual Pass: what went well, what didn’t, and what those at Bungie have learned.
For this director’s cut, Luke went a bit deeper on what the live stream covered, providing additional context for how you will transition from the armor you wear now to Armor 2.0 in the Fall. Additionally, he covered how the ways you acquire Power will change and how New Light will introduce players to the Power system in October.
In Part 3, Bungie takes a hard look at damage. Shadowkeep will bring many changes to buffs, debuffs, stacking, Supers, and more.
October 1, 2019
- Destiny 2 will arrive on Steam for the first time on October 1. Before that happens, on August 20, you’ll be invited to begin the process of linking your PC player accounts for a smooth transition of your Guardians and all your game purchases. bungie.net/pcmove
- The launch of Cross Save is planned for August 21. Before that happens, check out the new information Bungie is serving up about how it will work and what you’ll be able to bring with you. If you’ve been nurturing Guardians on more than one account, you’ll have some choices to make. bungie.net/crosssave
- The World First for the new Raid Garden of Salvation will begin on Saturday, October 5.
RECENT NEWS (via Bungie.net)
Aug 15: Director’s Cut – Part III
Aug 14: Director’s Cut – Part II
Aug 13: Director’s Cut – Part I