Begins: Available Now! (Pick a faction to pledge to, only one choice account wide)
Begins: Tuesday, July 24 @ 10AM PT / 1PM ET
View Daily Faction Rally Challenges (Reward: Faction Tokens)
The faction that wins will sell this weapon for 1k glimmer if you pledged to the winning faction and 50k if you didn’t. Find out on July 3rd which faction won!
FWC: The Vision – Sidearm
In a previous TWAB, we told you that Winner’s Offering weapons would be added to the event reward pool after the first event. That was incorrect for Season 3, which will operate differently than past seasons. During this season, the factions will continue to feature their original Winner’s Offerings for all three events.
If you didn’t make it to Rank 50 with your faction of choice during the first event, you can pick up where you left off by pledging to them again. Or you can opt to start up with new blood, but remember that your pledge is account wide. Choose carefully.
Destiny Update 1.2.1 brought improvements to Faction Rallies for Season 3. Back in March, the Seasons team discussed their overall goals for the event. Today, we’ll revisit those goals and outline the changes that have been made to achieve them.
Pledging to a faction should be a meaningful choice.
- Players may now only pledge to one faction per account during a Faction Rallies event
- Reputation progress is retained through multiple events, and it will not be reset during the season, even if a player changes allegiance
- Each faction offers unique rewards, such as Exotic armor ornaments or Masterwork Catalysts for Exotic weapons
- We are planning to host three Faction Rallies events over the course of Season 3
- Dead Orbit will offer the Eye of Another World ornament and the Graviton Lance Catalyst
- New Monarchy will offer the Crest of Alpha Lupi ornament and the Sweet Business Catalyst
- Future War Cult will offer the Knucklehead Radar ornament and the Sunshot Catalyst
Seasonal Vendor Progression
- Each faction now features ranks, which players can reach by earning faction tokens
- Faction rank-up rewards will continue to grant Legendary armor and weapons past Rank 30
Future War Cult:
Faction Rallies should provide a unique gameplay experience and not simply be a reward layer on top of the existing game. Additionally, these events should build interest in Lost Sectors and armor ornament objectives.
- Faction Rallies now features the “Renown” system
- After pledging to a faction, players may earn Renown by completing a public event or patrol, or by defeating high-value targets on destinations
- Players who loot a Lost Sector with Renown active will receive significantly more faction tokens than usual—the more stacks of Renown they have, the more faction tokens they earn
- Renown is lost when players are defeated by enemies, so be careful when you’re attempting to loot a Lost Sector with high Renown!
- Renown increases the level of challenge in gameplay
- Health regeneration is vastly reduced (all stack levels)
- Enemy kills have a chance to drop health orbs (all stack levels)
- Player damage decreased (scales with stack, up to 5)
- Incoming damage increased (scales with stack, up to 5)
- Health regeneration is vastly reduced (all stack levels)
While Renown is active on a player, others around them can see which faction the player has pledged to:
Note: Renown displays which Faction a Guardian is pledged to, but only from a third person view. This functionality applies to all players.
Faction Rallies will continue to feature a Winner’s Offering to the faction that earned the most rank packages during a given event. These rewards will then be available in the rank-up reward pool in the following event. During Seasons 1 and 2, New Monarchy dominated the charts. We’re eager to see whether Dead Orbit or Future War Cult can rack up some wins.
Faction Rallies will be available Tuesday, June 5 at 10 a.m. PDT through the following weekly reset. We’ll continue to collect feedback once Faction Rallies is live, and monitor the conversations.
What is it?
Arach Jalaal from Dead Orbit, Lakshmi-2 from Future War Cult, and Executor Hideo of New Monarchy have returned to the Tower to ask Guardians to pledge their loyalty. During a Faction Rally, players may pledge to one of these Factions to gather supplies and destroy enemy resources.
Tips and Tricks
- During a Faction Rally, players will only be able to pledge to one faction per character.
- Each faction offers a powerful weapon, but only the winning faction’s weapon will be made available to players.
- The winning faction will offer the weapon to everyone, but all who pledged loyalty will receive it with a huge discount as repayment for their contributions to their faction’s cause.
- In order to participate, players must achieve Level 20 and complete the Destiny 2 campaign.
FACTION RALLIES GUIDE by Bungie
The Faction Rally is a week-long event available in Destiny 2, which features a competition between the Factions, and offers Faction-themed rewards. Once the Faction Rally event is active, players have until the weekly reset to earn Faction reputation tokens which can be turned in to the Faction vendors for rewards. For announcements on upcoming Faction Rally events, players should follow the Bungie.net News page.
Characters can participate in the Faction Rally event if they meet the following requirements:
- Character Level 20
- Completed the Campaign
- Completed the Faction Rally Introduction Milestone
- Pledged to one of the three Factions
Pledging to a Faction
There are three Factions participating in the Faction Rally:
- Dead Orbit is represented by Arach Jalaal who is located in the Tower Hanger
- Future War Cult is represented by Lakshmi-2 who is located in the lounge above the Tower Hanger
- New Monarchy is represented by Executor Hideo who is located in the Tower Bazaar
Players can pledge their Characters to a Faction by visiting one of the Faction Vendors.
- Different Characters on an account can be pledged to different Factions
- A Character can only be pledged to one Faction for the duration of the Faction Rally event
- Once a Character has pledged to a Faction, they will not be able to change their pledged Faction until the next Faction Rally event
- Players can check the Faction to which their Character is pledged by viewing the Faction-themed buff in their Character screen
Earning Faction Reputation and Rewards
During the Faction Rally event, players can complete a variety of activities to earn reputation tokens for their pledged Faction.
- Daily Faction Rally Milestone
- Completing Public Events in any Destination
- Opening Lost Sector chests
- Quickplay or Competitive Crucible
- Trials of the Nine
Faction reputation tokens can be turned in to the associated Faction vendor to receive Faction Engrams.
- Faction Engrams can decrypt into Faction-themed Legendary Armor and Weapons, as well as some cosmetic items.
- Players will still be able to turn in the Faction reputation tokens during the week after the Faction Rally event.
- Once the Faction pledge buff expires, player will no longer be able to turn in Faction reputation tokens to their vendor.
Victory Week and the Winner’s Offering
At the end of the Faction Rally event, the Faction whose pledges acquired the most Faction Engrams will be declared the winner of the event. For the duration of the Victory Week that follows the end of the Faction Rally event, the vendor of the winning Faction will have a Winner’s Offering available for purchase.
- The Victory Week will start at 10 AM Tuesday after the conclusion of the Faction Rally and will last until the next Weekly Reset.
- Players can preview the potential Winner’s Offering from each Faction before pledging to a Faction and throughout the Faction Rally event.
- The Winner’s Offering will be available for purchase at the winning Faction vendor for the duration of the Victory Week until the Weekly Reset.
- Characters who pledged to the winning Faction can purchase one Winner’s Offering for 1,000 Glimmer, any additional purchases of the Winner’s Offering will cost 50,000 Glimmer.
- Characters who did not pledge to the winning Faction can purchase the Winner’s Offering for 50,000 Glimmer.
- Characters who did not pledge to any Faction during the Faction Rally event can purchase the Winner’s Offering for 50,000 Glimmer.
Below is a list of vital information players may need to know about the Faction Rally event.
- Victory Social Space Decorations: Players that remain in the Tower social space or enter the social space shortly after the Victory Week has begun, may encounter some graphical overlap in event-related decorations. Bungie is aware of the issue and is investigating.
- Faction Engram Reward Limit: After a Character has earned 30 Faction Engrams in a single Faction Rally event, any additional Faction Engrams earned will only reward that Character with Shaders. This limit will be reset at the beginning of the next Faction Rally event.
- Token Reset Between Faction Rallies: All Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, and New Monarchy Tokens still in players’ inventories will be reset in between Faction Rally events. It is recommended that players use these tokens with their respective faction vendor before the end of Victory Week every Faction Rally.
Source: Bungie.net (view original article here)