Guardian Games is live now and free for all Guardians.
Ends: Tuesday, May 24 @ 10 AM PDT
Helpful Links: Guardian Games Bungie Guide
The final Ceremony Event is Live!
- Make sure to stop by the podium to get your rewards! To collect rewards, stand on your class symbol and press the key it prompts you with. Learn more below.
Winner of Guardian Games 2022: WARLOCKS
Standings: Day 20 of 20
While all players are invited to participate in Guardian Games, new players must first meet the following requirements:
- Escape the Cosmodrome to unlock the Tower.
Once new players have met the above requirements, they will unlock a Milestone telling them to speak with Eva Levante in the Tower Courtyard.
Tower Podium, Medallion and Score thresholds, and Ceremony event
During Guardian Games, the Towers Guardian Games Podium will change daily to reflect the current status of the leading team. Class flags will update throughout the day to show which team is leading, and there will also be a calendar showing the winner for each day throughout the event.
Hitting a score threshold, by achieving strike scores through the Guardian Games playlist or by banking Medallions at the Tower Podium, and activating the torches for each threshold will grant players a glow when in the Tower. The player in the Tower with the highest weekly score receives a special glow. Glows remain active until the weekly reset.
On the Friday of each week, the Ceremony event will become live in the Tower. Points accumulated by each class during the week will determine the winner of each week’s Ceremony event. Players will receive rewards and a Laurel Crown glow that is active when in the Tower, which will remain until the next Ceremony event or until Guardian Games ends. Additionally, players’ class items will also change colors to show their current standing after the Ceremony event, being gold, silver, or bronze.
Earn Medallions from completing activities and Contender Cards and turn them in to the Tower Podium to earn points for your class’s team.
Laurels: Pick up Laurels dropped by enemies during Guardian Games to purchase Bounties, Contender Cards, and rewards from Eva. Laurels will drop in all activities except for Gambit and Crucible, where they will be awarded after a match has ended.
Medallions and Medals
Medallions can be earned from Triumphs, Contender Cards, and completing various activities. Medallions are stored in the Medallion Case found in the Quest inventory. Turning Medallions in to the Tower Podium will increase your team’s score.
- High-Tier Medallions: these grant more points and can drop from raids, dungeons, competitive PvP (Trials of Osiris and Survival), the Seasonal activity (PsiOps Battlegrounds) on a higher difficulty, and more.
- Low-Tier Medallions: drop from Gambit, Vanguard Strikes, Quickplay Crucible, and other Throne World activities at the standard difficulty level.
- Bronze Medals (1 point)
- Silver Medals (2 points)
- Gold Medals (5 points): earn by completing Contender Cards in easier activities.
- Platinum Medals (15 points): drops when Platinum Cards are completed on more challenging activities.
BEST WAY TO EARN MEDALLIONS: Complete Contender or Platinum Cards to earn Gold or Platinum Medallions (Eva in the Tower sells these for Laurels). The Witch Queen and Vanguard cards seem to be the easiest way to earn Gold Medallions (the Vanguard card takes about two strikes to complete). Complete the Platinum Lost Sector card to earn Platinum Medallions (it takes three Legend Lost Sectors or two Master Lost Sectors to complete these cards).
Playlists (Training and Competitive)
- Training is available from Tuesday – Thursday
- Earn practice scores in this playlist (the combined score of your entire fireteam).
- Competitive is available from Friday – Monday
- Earn exciting rewards in this playlist.
- Earn buffs in the Recreational, Training, and Competitive playlists by ranking bronze, silver, gold, or platinum.
- These buffs last until the next weekly reset and may used in the regular Vanguard Ops playlist.
- Torches are unlocked based on highest scores past a certain threshold.
For example: Lighting the bronze, silver, gold, and platinum torches grants rewards and a glow that can be seen on the right shoulder of a Guardian’s armor.
Eva offers three different types of Guardian Games Bounties which will reward players for completing them: Weekly Bounties will reward XP, Bright Dust, Glimmer, and Laurels, Daily Bounties will reward XP, and Additional Bounties will reward XP and Bright Dust.
- Players must wear their Guardian Games class item to generate Laurels and progress any Guardian Game bounties.
- Previous Guardian Games class items (the Cunning Rivalry and Cobra’s Hood Cloaks, Mighty Rivalry and Lion’s Pride Marks, and Sage Rivalry and Phoenix’s Fire Bonds) will not generate Laurels or progress any Guardian Games bounties.
- Laurels do not drop on the ground in Gambit or Crucible, and are instead rewarded directly to players.
- Unrecovered laurels do not go to a player’s Postmaster and must be picked up to count towards their total.
- If the Medallion Case is full, Medallions earned through claiming Triumphs will be lost.
Source: Bungie Guide
- The Title Submachine Gun
- Element: Void | Type: Energy | Ammo: Primary
- This is a new legendary SUBARCHTYPE that will be available only during Guardian Games.
- Aggressive frame.
- Unique origin perk called Classy Contender, which grants class ability energy with final blows from this weapon.
- The Title has a wide range of perks that it can roll with plus there will be a Masterworked version which drops with double perks in both the third and fourth columns.
A LOOK AT THE TITLE SMG
Weapon and Catalyst
- Exotic Machine Gun Heir Apparent
- Heir Apparent Catalyst
- Legion’s Bulwark: Increases the Arc Shield’s durability and partially reloads the magazine if it is destroyed.
- Defeat 700 enemies to unlock.
- Acquired through a Guardian Games Quest if players do not already own it, and the Heir Apparent catalyst has a chance to drop from banking Gold or Platinum Medallions if players already own the gun.
- A Good Sport emblem: Players that light all six (6) platinum torches will earn the emblem shown below (top emblem shown below.).
- Glory’s Claim emblem: Players that score in the top 10 percent at the end of the event will earn the “Glory’s Claim” emblem (bottom emblem shown) to show off.
- Note from TWAB: “The emblem for the player that scores in the top 10 percent will be awarded after we combine their highest scores from each week. When the event ends, the combined score will determine who made it to the top of the player base for Guardian Games. This will unlock a special Triumph and boom, emblem awarded.”
- The Unauthorized Departure exotic ship can be earned by completing the Medallion Stallion Triumph.
- Deposit Medallions at the Tower’s podium during Guardian Games. Higher tier Medallions are worth more.
- The Good Sport emblem can be earned by completing the Platinum Torchbearer Triumph.
- Light Platinum Torches in the Tower. Two Platinum Torches can be unlocked every week: one for depositing Medallions, and another for achieving a Platinum score in the Guardian Games: Competitive playlist.
- Pole Position shader can be earned by completing the Rack ‘Em Up Triumph.
- Accumulate scores in the Guardian Games: Competitive and Training playlists. Defeat combatants and earn Vanguard Medals for higher scores.
Armor and Ghost Shells
- Class Items are available to be purchased from Eververse.
- The three exotic Guardian Games ghost shells from past Guardian Games can be purchased with Laurels from Eva for 20,000 glimmer.
Eververse is selling the Guardian Games armor ornaments for both Silver and Bright Dust. Check them out below. Check out the Eververse page to view items only available during the Guardian Games event.
INFO AND GUIDES
Best in Class Quest
- Purchase Contender Cards
- Earn Medallions and Laurels
- Speak to Eva Levante in the Tower
- Deposit Your Medallion at the Guardian Games Podium
- Return to Eva Levante in the Tower
- Speak to Commander Zavala in the Tower
- Complete an Activity in the Guardian Games: Recreational Playlist
- Return to Commander Zavala in the Tower
- Return to Eva Levante in the Tower
Source: This Week at Bungie, Destiny 2
“In a brand-new out-of-game event, we have assembled class fireteams from across the globe to participate in our first ever Guardian Games Cup – a friendly competition to see which team in the world has what it takes to come out on top. From May 3 to May 24, cheer for your favorite streamers as they compete in class teams, both in-game and for charity! Over 14 territories are participating, which brings us to a total of 42 different teams all vying for number one! Keep an eye out on this post every week on Tuesday at 10 AM PDT as we update the standings to reveal which team and class compiled of your favorite streamers are in the lead. “
Each team captain will be earning medallions with up to five other selected fireteam members, and streaming for two hours each of these weeks:
- Week One: May 3, 12 AM PDT – May 9, 12 AM PDT
- Week Two: May 9, 12 AM PDT – May 16, 12 AM PDT
- Week Three: May 16, 12 AM PDT – May 22, 12 AM PDT
BUNGIE FOUNDATION AND DIRECT RELIEF
Guardian Games Cup will be yet another amazing charity initiative with the Bungie Foundation. Bungie is partnering with Direct Relief to raise funds for charity. Direct Relief is a humanitarian aid organization, active in the US and more than 80 countries, with a mission to improve the health and lives of people affected by poverty or emergencies – without regard to politics, religion, or ability to pay.
Each team participating in the Guardian Games Cup will have their own unique link for the charity, so make sure you donate to support your favorite team! Not only is it a contest for points and medals, it’s also a contest to see who can raise the most money for a good cause.
There will be some excellent prizes, both in and out of Destiny 2, for participants to enjoy when donations are made to Direct Relief.
- Guardian’s Oath is a brand-new emblem for those who donate $25 USD or more.
- The individual with the highest donation will receive custom digital artwork of a single subject of their choice from PherianArt.
- The team raising the most funds will receive custom digital artwork of their amazing Guardian Games fireteam from PherianArt.
Check out the teams, team leader channels, and ways you can donate to support your favorite team below:
|Icarus Bangers n’ Dash |
|Rhulks Angels |
|UK||Peregrine Grief |
|Wipe For Damage |
|In Warlocks We Trust |
|Cayde’s Chicken |
|Germany||Wände der Stadt |
|Aces Gaming |
|Nordics||Team Justice |
|Ikora’s Angels |
|Team Scream |
Leader: Scream Queen
|Spain||LA VIEJA GUARDIA |
|WARLOCK ON TOP |
|Italy||LA CRICCA |
|KINGS OF OUR FATE |
|GLI ARANCINI |
|Poland||Tytani Gurom |
|The Cleaning Crew|
|Middle East||Emirati Titans |
|TEAM Fancy |
|Widow Makers |
Leader: Kimber Prime
|Cloaks & Daggers |
|イコラの門弟 S.M.L. |
|Brazil||The Six Front Legacy |
|Vanguarda Brasil |
|Viúvas do Cayde-6 |
|LATAM||Team Patas |
|Los Golozos |
|Jägers Modo Incognito |
NOTE: Check out this page for more details.