THIS WEEK IN DESTINY 2 (Sept 28 – Oct 05):
- Vanguard Singe: Void (Check out r/DestinyTheGame for Daily modifiers).
- Iron Banner has returned!
- New mysteries can be found in the Shattered Realm.
- Momentum Control is back in the Crucible, plus earn Bonus Crucible Rank all week long.
- Reminder: Trials of Osiris is not available when Iron Banner is live, which means Trials will not be here this coming weekend, October 1. Trials will instead return on Friday, October 8, 2021. Check out the Trials Revamp article for more details about this.
- Season of the Lost ends on February 22, 2022.
- The current Daily and Weekly Reset time is at 10AM Pacific.
- Related Links: Reset Infographic | Daily Reset via r/DestinyTheGame | Challenges and Progression | Seasonal Challenges | Notable Armor rolls
Available Now until Oct 05 @ 10AM PDT
Two new weapons are available, the Forge’s Pledge Pulse Rifle and Peacebond Sidearm. They are each available through vendor packages, bounties, match rewards, and the Seasonal Iron Banner quest.
This season, Bungie introduced the Iron Lord’s Pride intrinsic perk through this set. Wearing a piece of this armor grants a small chance of an Enhancement Prism dropping at the end of an Iron Banner match. Each additional piece worn increases the chance, capping out at four pieces total.
|Wayfinder’s Voyage VI||Use the Wayfinder’s Compass to complete Wayfinder’s Voyage VI. Also, Defeat Scorn anywhere in the system. Powerful Scorn in the Alignment Activity grant bonus progress.||Challenger XP+, Wayfinder’s Compass Calibration Level|
|Advanced Ley Liner||Complete rounds of Astral Alignment and install Paracausal Batteries.||Challenger XP+, Wayfinder’s Compass Calibration Level|
|Astral Telemetry III||Gather Parallax Trajectories from playlist or Astral Alignment activities, or from Ascendant Anchors found on destinations and in the Shattered Realm activity.||Challenger XP+|
|Solar Fusion Power||Defeat combatants with Fusion Rifles and Solar melee attacks. Combatants defeated in the Shattered Realm activity will grant bonus progress.||Challenger XP+, Wayfinder’s Compass Calibration Level|
|Display of Dominance||Acquire the Crucible ornament for Ascendancy.||Challenger XP+++, Bright Dust|
|Apex Armorer||Masterwork a piece of armor.||Challenger XP+, Bright Dust|
|Sling the Stone…||Stagger, pierce, or disrupt Champions.||Challenger XP+++, Bright Dust|
Check out the Seasonal Challenges page for more details!
Wayfinder’s Voyage VII Challenge (Week 6): Use the Wayfinder’s Compass to complete Wayfinder’s Voyage VI. Also, Defeat Scorn anywhere in the system. Powerful Scorn in the Alignment Activity grant bonus progress.
Rewards: Challenger XP+, Wayfinder’s Compass Calibration Level
NOTE: To get more info about this Quest and/or past weeks, visit the Wayfinder’s Voyage page (Includes Tracing the Stars and Ascendant Anchors info).
Recommended Power: 1290 | Fireteam: 1-3 Players without matchmaking
Weekly Shattered Realm: Ruins of Wrath – Traverse the Shattered Realms of the Ascendant Plane in search of the lost Awoken Techeuns.
- Challenge: Defeat Champions in the Shattered Realm activity. (0/4)
- Challenge Rewards: Pinnacle Gear
- Unstoppable: This mode contains Unstoppable Champions, which cannot be stopped without an Unstoppable mod.
- Overload: This mode contains Overload Champions, which cannot be stopped without an Overload mod.
- Hive: This mode contains both Barrier and Unstoppable Champions, which cannot be stopped without an Anti-Barrier or Unstoppable mod, respectively.
NOTE: For more info view the Shattered Realm page
Charge your Wayfinder’s Compass and reawaken ancient Ley Lines throughout the Dreaming City. Seal your accomplishments by defending the Blind Well from Xivu Arath’s encroaching forces.
Recommended Power: 1250 | Fireteam: 1-6 Players w/Matchmaking
Weekly Challenge: Open Wayfinder’s Troves (0/3)
Rewards: Powerful Gear (Tier 1)
NOTE: For more info view the Astral Alignment page.
Power Recommendation: There is no minimum Power requirement to enter, enemies are at 1350 Power.
Master Challenge and Rewards:
|Challenge||Timelost Weapon||Curated Perks||Armor Focus (High Stat)|
|Wait for It|
Vision of Confluence
Earned by completing the weekly Master VoG challenge.
Found Verdict (Timelost) Shotgun
Earned by completing all Vault of Glass Master Challenges.
|Zen Moment Full Auto||Recovery|
Weekly Challenge: Complete the Vault of Glass raid challenge on any difficulty. (Reward: Pinnacle Gear)
|Vault of Glass||Wait for It|
|Every yellow-bar Wyvern must be killed as they are|
sacrificing themselves to the confluxes.
|Deep Stone Crypt||Copies of Copies|
|Do not send any “Atraks-1 Replication” debuffs into|
|Garden of Salvation||Zero to One Hundred |
|Fully fill each conflux with x30 motes within ten|
seconds of initially banking the first set of motes.
|Last Wish||Strength of Memory |
|Guardians must not shoot the same Riven eye twice.|
NOTE: View more info on the Raid Challenges page.
Access: Beyond Light and Season of the Chosen Season Pass is required for this Nightfall.
Proving Grounds (Nessus): Defeat Caiatl’s Chosen aboard the Land Tank, Halphas Electus, on Nessus.
- Complete 5, higher difficulties grant the most efficient progress. (Powerful Gear/T1)
- Complete with a team score of 100k or more. (Pinnacle Gear)
- Adept: Exotic Gear (rare), Enhancement Cores (uncommon), and Nightfall Weapon (rare).
- Hero: Exotic Gear (uncommon), Enhancement Cores (common), Enhancement Prisms (rare), and Nightfall Weapon (uncommon).
- Legend: Exotic Gear (common), Enhancement Prisms (uncommon), and Nightfall Weapon (common).
- Master: Exotic Gear (common), Enhancement Prisms (common), Ascendant Shards (uncommon), and Nightfall Weapon (common).
- Grandmaster: Exotic Gear (common), Ascendant Shards (common), and Nightfall Weapon (common).
Possible Nightfall Weapons
- Any Difficulty:
- Adept Nightfall Weapons will become available on October 5th, 2021 when Grandmaster unlocks.
*Matchmaking is OFF for Legend and above.
|Modifiers||Adept (1250 Power)||Hero (1290 Power)||Legend (1320 Power)||Master (1350 Power)||Grandmaster (1370 Power)|
NOTE: For more details visit the Nightfall page. For a look ahead, check out the Nightfall Weapon Schedule (currently the schedule isn’t known and will be updated once it is known). Nightfall Weapons have a chance to drop with random rolls and rotate weekly. There is one old weapon and one newly added weapon. Adept Nightfall Weapons have a chance to drop from Grandmaster difficulty only
Recommended Power: 1230
Challenge: Complete an Exo challenge.
- Survival: Simulated Skill-Set Training: Survive the harsh weather as you take down the Vex.
Reward: Pinnacle Gear
NOTE: For more details about Exo Challenges, click here.
- Complete 2 Empire Hunts (as part of a step on an Empire Hunt quest).
- Reward: Powerful Gear (Tier 1)
- Complete any Empire Hunt on Master difficulty.
- Reward: Pinnacle Gear
Weekly Empire Hunt: The Dark Priestess: Kridis
Modifiers: Adept | Hero | Legend | Master
- Adept: Enhancement Cores (uncommon)
- Hero: High-Stat Crystocrene Armor (rare), Enhancement Cores (common) and Enhancement Prisms (rare).
- Legend: High-Stat Crystocrene Armor (uncommon), Enhancement Cores (uncommon) and Enhancement Prisms (common).
- Master: High-Stat Crystocrene Armor (common) and Enhancement Prisms (common).
- Any Difficulty Above: Cloudstrike – Exotic Sniper Rifle (Random drop)
NOTE: For more info view the Empire Hunts Page.
Lost Sectors change Daily @ Reset, 10 AM PDT. There is one Legend and one Master Lost Sector each day, each one has a chance to drop a piece of Exotic Armor (see schedule below).
Lost Sector Resources
Required to Unlock Lost Sectors
- Complete normal version of the Lost Sector.
- Reach Power Level 1260 (NOTE: If you are lower than 1260 Power you will not see Legend and Master Lost Sectors. Keep in mind, even though you may access Lost Sectors at a Power level lower than what is recommended, I recommend not being much more than 10 Power Levels below the Recommended Power Level, 20 max.)
Recommended Power Levels
- Legend 1320
- Exotic Drop Chance: Rare
- Masterwork Core Chance: Uncommon
- Master 1350
- Exotic Drop Chance: Common
- Masterwork Core Chance: Uncommon
6-player activity // Fireteams of six will use Splicer tech to hack the Vex Network. Uncover their secrets, steal their code, and user their power against them.
Recommended Power: 1300
Required for Access: Season of the Splicer Season Pass
Weekly Override Mission: The Moon
- Use teamwork and your Splicer skills to force your way into the Vex network and crash it from the inside.
- Champions: Barrier – This mode contains Barrier Champions, which cannot be stopped without an Anti-Barrier mod.
- Champions: Unstoppable – This mode contains Unstoppable Champions, which cannot be stopped without an Unstoppable mod.
- Check out r/DestinyTheGame for remaining modifiers (which change Daily at Reset).
Weekly Challenges and Rewards
- Complete Three Override Missions (0/3)
- Reward: Powerful Gear (Tier 3)
- Open Three Conflux Chests with Key Codes in Override missions. (0/3)
- Reward: Pinnacle Gear
NOTE: View the Override page for more details.
- Nightmare Boss: Nightmare of Xortal
- Location: Sorrow’s Harbor, The Moon
- Trove Guardian: Archer’s Line, The Moon
NOTE: This is a Legacy activity and does not reward Powerful Gear.
Weekly Location: Rheasilvia
Dreaming City Cycle: Full Strength Curse (“The Shattered Throne” Dungeon is available at all times. It can be launched and reset from the Director.)
Challenges and Quests:
- Ascendant Challenge: Keep of Honed Edges (Harbinger’s Seclude)
- Quest: Dark Monastery – Provide recon for Petra’s forces by investigating strange enemy activity in Rheasilvia.
- Blind Well: Taken, Plague: Inomina
NOTE: This is a Legacy activity and does not reward Powerful Gear.
Location: Sorrow’s Harbor, Moon
|Date||Possible Reward (Can drop from the final boss)|
|9/23/2021||Heretic (Rocket Launcher)|
|9/26/2021||Heretic (Rocket Launcher)|
NOTE: This activity is a Legacy activity and no longer rewards Powerful Gear. Only one weapon drops per day and changes every day at the daily reset time, check the schedule to make sure which weapon is dropping. You may also confirm what the weapon is each day at r/DestinyTheGame if this page is incorrect or not updated.
The Eververse page is updated each week here. Please note, this page is updated manually after the weekly reset graphics and posts are made.
Vendor // A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine.
Arrives: Friday, Sept 24 @ 10 AM PDT
Departs: Tuesday, Sept 28 @ 10AM PDT
NOTE: Check out the Xûr page on Friday’s for more details.
3v3 Competitive Activity – Available for all Destiny 2 players!
Reminder: Trials of Osiris is not available when Iron Banner is live, which means it will not be here this coming weekend, October 1. Trials will return on Friday, October 8, 2021.
First and foremost, Trials will be taking a short hiatus at the beginning of Season 15. In our goals of maintaining a healthy population, we’d like to remove issues where players are torn between multiple PvP or endgame goals for a given weekend. So, we’re making the following changes for all our future Seasons starting in Season 15:
- No Trials in Week 1, or before Raid World First.
- Week 1 should be about exploring new content, features, and tunings, as well as finding and using the new weapons and Exotics.
- No Trials during Iron Banner.
- Overlapping limited-time PvP events aren’t good for the health of either game mode.
NOTE: Check out the Trials page for more details!
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
News and Updates
- Sept 16: This Week at Bungie – What’s Cooler Than Being Cool
- Sept 16: Hotfix 22.214.171.124 – The One About Incompatible DLL Files
- Sept 09: This Week at Bungie – 7 is Darker
- Sept 09: Destiny 7th Anniversary – Per Audacia Ad Astra
- Beyond Light: Guide | Support | Website
- The Witch Queen: Website | Support
- Season of the Lost: Website | Support | FAQ | Info Page
- More: Cross Play Info | 30th Anniversary | Destiny 2 Showcase Recap
- Trials: Trials of Osiris – The Revamp Begins
- Help: Destiny 2 Known Issues | Report Issues to the #Help forum
- Other: Find a Fireteam | Destiny 2: New Player Guide | Cross Save
Here is a look at what’s to come in Destiny 2 (check out the Official Calendar above or at Bungie.net).
October – November
- Festival of the Lost
- Season of the Lost Updates
December – February
- Bungie 30th Anniversary Event
- New Dungeon
- Gjallarhorn Exotic Quest
- New 6-player Offensive
- Iconic Weapons from Bungie’s Past
- and much more!
- Moments of Triumph
- The Dawning
February 22, 2022
- The Witch Queen Arrives!!
Players with an active Prime Gaming membership can now earn in-game Exotic Gear Drops in Destiny 2. Each drop will contain four rewards, including Exotic weapons, Ghosts, ships, Sparrows, and weapon ornaments from previous Seasons.
Wardcliff Coil Exotic Bundle Available Now
- Wardcliff Coil Exotic Rocket Launcher
- Dieselpunk Exotic Ornament
- Eon Drive Exotic Sparrow
- Lost Legendary Ghost Projection
If you do not have a membership, you may start your free trial here (*This link supports Kyber3000 with a small commission for each sign up). You may visit this page to start your free trial and support Kyber at the same time or here is a non-affiliate link).
Once you have signed up for Prime Gaming and have connected your accounts, you can claim your Destiny 2 Exotic Gear Drops every month on the Destiny 2 Prime Gaming website.
After claiming your drop, log into Destiny 2 and visit Amanda Holliday in the Tower’s Hangar where you will be able to claim your rewards from her inventory screen.
You will have until the 10 AM Pacific on the last day of the drop to claim the rewards on Destiny 2 Prime Gaming website.
- If you claim a reward on a wrong account, you will be unable to reclaim that reward.
Still have questions? Check out Bungie’s Help article for more details on how everything works.
To stay up-to-date with gaming infographics/posts, news and updates, enter occasional giveaways and more, make sure to join us on Discord!
Have a good week!
FOLLOW AND SUPPORT
Twitter | IG | Discord | Support | Amazon | Epic Games Store | Ko-fi
Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will support me (commission is usually about 5% of the sale). You can also support me when signing up for Amazon/Twitch Prime or when purchasing eligible items using my Amazon Affiliate link. Your support is greatly appreciated, thank you! 🤍