THIS WEEK IN DESTINY:
- The Witch Queen, Season of the Risen, and Update 126.96.36.199 (including Void 3.0) are live (read patch notes for UPdate 188.8.131.52 here).
- New activities, challenges, and loot are available with Season of the Risen and The Witch Queen!
- Vanguard Singe: Void (Check out r/DestinyTheGame for Daily modifiers)
- Crucible Playlist: Momentum Control
Please note, this post is still being updated with new activities and info. You may also notice some activities and challenges are no longer listed on this post or available in-game, this is because they have been removed and added to the Destiny Content Vault, visit Destiny Content Vault page on Bungie.net for more details.
- The Daily and Weekly Reset time is currently at 9 AM PT (1700 UTC).
- Related Links: Reset Infographic | Daily Reset | Challenges and Progression | Seasonal Challenges | Lost Sectors
FEB 22 – MAY 24
Included with Season of the Risen:
They Rise (Story): The Witch Queen has stolen the Light. Her Hive army charges across the battlefield, gnashing at your armor before succumbing to the power of your fireteam. The Ghosts of your vanquished foes hover silently, an ominous portent of a battle with no end. In a matter of moments too short to catch your breath, the horde rises before you and charges again. Eyes up, Guardian.
Fight for the Light (Story): Armed with Light-suppressing technology shared by Empress Caiatl, we will stand against the Witch Queen’s growing army. And in the face of unimaginable odds, we will triumph. For even though the Lucent Brood may rise, Guardians never fall.
Red Alert: The H.E.L.M. has been upgraded with the tactical tools needed to face a new and unrelenting enemy. Plan your psionic special operations and gain the advantage in the war for the Light.
PsiOps Battlegrounds (3 Player Activity with Matchmaking): Battle through the Witch Queen’s army on multiple destinations. Cut through the horde, make your way to her Hive lieutenants, and stop the unstoppable.
Synaptic Spear (Light Suppressing Tech): Unlock mods to customize your playstyle and utilize the Spear’s Light-suppressing technology to enter the minds of the Witch Queen’s Hive Guardians.
Void 3.0 (Free for All Players): In this complete redesign of the Void subclass, players can now harness the power of the Aspects and Fragments system introduced with Stasis to customize their Void Guardians like never before. To weaponize the unknown. To gaze into the Void.
- Titan: The stalwart shield of a fireteam. Channel protective fields to resist furious assaults or bravely lead the charge, shield in hand, crushing all that stand in your way.
- Hunter: Masters of stealth and movement. Vanish after dodging, set traps to disorient your opponents, and unleash unsuspecting and deadly precision attacks.
- Warlock: Keepers of infinite mysteries. Float across the battlefield, healing allies and creating havoc among your foes with a little help from the yawning void of spacetime.
Become Risen (Rewards): Triumph over the Witch Queen’s forces, earn the Seasonal title, and unlock this limited-edition collectible pin through Bungie Rewards.
Legendary Weapons (Gear): Lift new armaments of honor and strike fear into the heart of the Lucent Hive.
Seasonal Armor (Gear): Become the tip of the spear and the unbreakable shield in the war for the Light.
Exotic Quest (Gear): A psionic attack is emanating from a bunker on Mars. Commandeer assault vehicles, clear a path to the entrance, and breach its defenses. The truth behind the attack and the Exotic Grenade Launcher, Dead Messenger, await your success.
Season Pass: Get the Season Pass and instantly unlock the new Exotic Machine Gun, Grand Overture. Also get XP boosts that speed up Seasonal ranks and reward track unlocks.
- Exotic Machine Gun: The question, “How many missiles should it fire?” was shortly followed by the answer, “Yes.”
- Universal Ornaments: Collect the new Seasonal set and prove that you can hunt Lucent Hive in a swamp and still look good.
- Enhanced Progression: Over 100 rewards, including XP boosts, Exotic engrams, upgrade materials, cosmetics and more.
Here’s a look at some of the Season Pass Rewards for Season of the Risen.
Visit our Season of the Risen page for more details.
The new Legendary “Become Legend” difficulty is now available on new The Witch Queen campaign missions!
Access: The Witch Queen is required to access The Witch Queen legendary campaign mode.
Fireteam: 1-3 Players
Recommended Power: 1360 (Same for both Classic or Legendary)
- On Legendary difficulty your power level will be locked at a specific power, bring up your ghost and check modifiers to view what your power is locked at.
About: When you first launch up The Witch Queen, you will be asked which difficulty you would like to complete the Campaign on. The two difficulties are Classic or Legendary, you are able to change this at any time (the difficulty is set at the start of each new campaign mission). Legendary Campaign missions are similar to doing a Master Lost Sector (solo).
|Classic (Recommended Power: 1360)||Legendary (Recommended Power: 1360)|
|You may switch to Legendary difficulty at any time. Completed campaign missions can be replayed at a higher difficulty.||This difficulty has modifiers.|
– Exotic Armor
– Gear Bundle (1520 Power)
– Upgrade Module +8
– A Higher Truth
Visit Ikora in the Tower after completing all Legendary Campaign Missions to get your rewards.
NOTE: More details are being added to this section and the Legendary Campaign page.
|Psychogenic Decoder||Collect Psychogenic Intel through taking part in strikes, Gambit, Crucible, public events, and extra.Collect Risen Umbral Energy via deciphering Runic Chests in PsiOps Battlegrounds.||Challenger XP|
|The Informant’s Informant||Reach Rank 15 with Fynch in Savathun’s Throne World||Challenger XP+++|
|Operation Elbrus: Week 1||Complete Week 1 of Operation Elbrus and defeat warring parties with Machine Guns in PsiOps Battlegrounds.||Challenger XP|
|String Theory||Complete 3 Evidence Board investigations in the Mars Enclave.||Challenger XP++|
|Into the Throne World||In the Throne World, complete bounties and earn development through finishing patrols, public events, and looting Lost Sectors.||Challenger XP+|
|Taking All Challenges||Complete weekly playlist challenges.||Challenger XP+|
|Mid-Range Calibration||Calibrate mid-range guns — Hand Cannons, Auto Rifles, Fusion Rifles, and Machine Guns — in the Throne World. Bonus progress for abruptly defeating warring parties.||Challenger XP+|
|Dredgin’ Up Victory||Complete Gambit matches. Earn bonus growth for wins.||Challenger XP++|
|Momentum Crash||Defeat Guardians in Momentum Control. Earn bonus development with Zone Advantage.||Challenger XP+|
|Hive Slayer||Defeat Hive combatants in Vanguard playlists or moves. Earn bonus growth for defeating tougher fighters.||Challenger XP|
|Completionist||Complete all of the Season of the Risen Seasonal Challenges|
The Wellspring is a new six-player matchmade activity at the heart of the ongoing struggle for the Throne World. The balance must be maintained.
Access: Requires The Witch Queen DLC
Fireteam: 1-6 Players
Recommended Power: 1510
Location: Savathun’s Throne World
- Legendary Weapon (Tarnation, Fel Taradiddle, Father’s Sin, or Come to Pass)
- Veritas Armor
|2-22-2022||Attack||Golmag – Come to Pass|
|2-23-2022||Defend||Vezzul – Tarnation|
|2-24-2022||Attack||Bo’gong – Fel Taradiddle|
|2-25-2022||Defend||Zeerik – Father’s Sins|
|2-26-2022||Attack||Golmag – Come to Pass|
|2-27-2022||Defend||Vezzul – Tarnation|
|2-28-2022||Attack||Bo’gong – Fel Taradiddle|
|3-1-2022||Defend||Zeerik – Father’s Sins|
NOTE: More details will be added to this section and our The Wellspring page.
Battle through the Witch Queen’s army on multiple destinations. Cut through the horde, make your way to her Hive lieutenants, and stop the unstoppable.
Fireteam: 1-3 Players
Difficulties: Normal and Legendary (There may be other difficulties however that information is not known currently, that will be updated here ASAP.)
NOTE: This section and the PsiOps page will be updated once more information is known.
The Scarlet Keep: Investigate the recently erected Scarlet Keep and discover its dark purpose.
- Complete 5, higher difficulties grant the most efficient progress. (Powerful Gear/T1)
- Complete with a team score of 100k or more. (Pinnacle Gear)
- Adept: Exotic Gear (rare), Enhancement Cores (uncommon), and Nightfall Weapon (rare).
- Hero: Exotic Gear (uncommon), Enhancement Cores (common), Enhancement Prisms (rare), and Nightfall Weapon (uncommon).
- Legend: Exotic Gear (common), Enhancement Prisms (uncommon), and Nightfall Weapon (common).
- Master: Exotic Gear (common), Enhancement Prisms (common), Ascendant Shards (uncommon), and Nightfall Weapon (common).
- Grandmaster: Exotic Gear (common), Ascendant Shards (common), and Nightfall Weapon (common).
Possible Nightfall Weapons and Unique Item
Modifiers: Grandmaster and Adept Weapons will become available on April 5, 2022.
|Modifiers||Adept (1480 Power)||Hero (1520 Power)||Legend (1550 Power)||Master (1550 Power)|
|Shielded Foes – Arc and Solar Shields||✔||✔|
|Champion Foes – Barrier and Unstoppable||✔||✔||✔|
|Weight of Weakness||✔|
|Acute Arc Burn||✔||✔||✔||✔|
NOTE: The Nightfall weapon schedule will be updated weekly until I am able to confirm the rotation. Nightfall Weapons have a chance to drop with random rolls every week from Nightfall completions. Adept Nightfall Weapons only have a chance to drop from Grandmaster difficulty.
- Legend: 1300
- Master: 1360
Master Challenge and Rewards
Weekly Challenge: Complete the Vault of Glass raid challenge on any difficulty. (Reward: Pinnacle Gear)
|Vault of Glass||The Only Oracle for You (Oracles)||Players cannot destroy the same oracle more than once.|
|Deep Stone Crypt||Of All Trades (Taniks Ph. 1)||Each guardian must do all three roles (Operator,|
Scanner, and Suppressor).
|Garden of Salvation||Staying Alive (Embrace)||Do not kill spawning Cyclopses (the Cyclopses in the|
first two rooms).
|Last Wish||Summoning Ritual (Kalli)||Activate and cleanse all nine plates, then kill all nine|
Knights and Ogres before damaging Kalli.
NOTE: View more info on the Raid Challenges page.
Recommended Power: 1230
Challenge: Complete an Exo challenge.
- Survival: Simulated Skill-Set Training: Survive the harsh weather as you take down the Vex.
Reward: Powerful Gear
NOTE: For more details about Exo Challenges, click here.
Weekly Empire Hunt: The Dark Priestess: Kridis
- Adept: Enhancement Cores (uncommon)
- Hero: High-Stat Crystocrene Armor (rare), Enhancement Cores (common) and Enhancement Prisms (rare).
- Legend: High-Stat Crystocrene Armor (uncommon), Enhancement Cores (uncommon) and Enhancement Prisms (common).
- Master: High-Stat Crystocrene Armor (common) and Enhancement Prisms (common).
- Any Difficulty Above: Cloudstrike – Exotic Sniper Rifle (Random drop)
NOTE: This activity no longer rewards Powerful/Pinnacle Gear. As of February 22, 2022. For more info view the Empire Hunts Page.
Required to Unlock Lost Sectors
- Complete normal version of the Lost Sector.
- Reach Power level 1500
Recommended Power Levels
- Legend …
- Exotic Drop Chance: Rare
- Masterwork Core Chance: Uncommon
- Exotic Drop Chance: Common
- Masterwork Core Chance: Uncommon
If on mobile, swipe left to view more.
VIEW DAILY LOST SECTOR SCHEDULE (Click/tap arrow to open):
NOTE: The daily Lost Sector and exotic reward is now the same for both Legend and Master difficulties (they will still continue to rotate daily at Reset) Source: bung.ie/34fsXmd. Check out our Lost Sector page for more Lost Sectors details.
The Eclipsed Zone is special event that occurs on the planet of Europe. The zone rotates every week and features falling debris, an area buff, and specific area challenges to complete.
Weekly Location: Eventide Ruins, Europa
Buff: Stasis Regeneration – Stasis abilities recharge faster.
Description: “Debris rains down from the sky; a constant remnant of the Orbital Station crash at the hands of Guardians. House Salvation intends to secure the area through the use of Darkness and collect any important Debris. Guardians are advised to disrupt the Fallen’s plans.”
A cautionary tale for adventurers willing to trade their humanity for riches.
Access: Requires 30th Anniversary Pack
Fireteam: Up to 3 Players (no matchmaking)
Location: Cosmodrome (Launch activity from Eternity on the main screen)
Weekly Challenge and Reward
- Complete Dares of Eternity, 3 times.
- Powerful Gear
- Complete Dares of Eternity with a score of 25000 or higher.
- Pinnacle Gear
|Recommended Power Level: 1350|
– Keep it Loaded: Guardian deal increased damage with Sidearms.
– Champion Foes: You will face Barrier and Overload Champions. You must equip Anti-Barrier and Anti-Overload mods to your arms armor to defeat them. These mods come from the Seasonal Artifact.
– Champion Foes: You will face Barrier, and Overload, and Unstoppable Champions. You must equip Anti-Barrier, Anti-Overload, and Anti-Unstoppable mods to your arms armor to defeat them. These mods come from the Seasonal Artifact.
|Recommended Power Level: 1550|
– Equipment Locked: You will not be able to change your equipment after this activity starts.
– Match Game: Enemy shields are highly resistant to all unmatched elemental damage.
– Contestants: Disciples of the Neigh
Round 1: Vex
Round 2: Cabal
Final Round: Crota (Hive)
– Champion Foes: You will face Barrier, Overload, and Unstoppable Champions.
– Shielded Foes: Combatants may vary each time you play this activity. You may face combatants with Arc, Solar, or Void Shields.
– Void Singe: Void damage increases slightly from all sources.
– Melee Health Increase: Melee units increased health.
Enhancement Prisms (Uncommon)
NOTE: Check out the Dares of Eternity for more details.
- Nightmare Boss: Nightmare of Horkis
- Location: Anchor of Light, The Moon
- Trove Guardian: …
NOTE: This is a Legacy activity and does not reward Powerful Gear.
Weekly Location: Rheasilvia
Dreaming City Cycle: Full Strength Curse (“The Shattered Throne” Dungeon is available at all times. It can be launched and from the Director.)
Challenges and Quests:
- Ascendant Challenge: Ouroborea, Aphelion’s Rest
- Quest: Dark Monastery – Provide recon for Petra’s forces by investigating strange enemy activity in Rheasilvia.
- Blind Well: Taken, Plague: Inomina
NOTE: This is a Legacy activity and does not reward Powerful Gear.
Location: Sorrow’s Harbor, Moon
|Date||Possible Reward (Can drop from the Final Boss)|
|Feb 22, 2022||Apostate (Sniper)|
|Feb 23, 2022||Heretic (Rocket Launcher)|
|Feb 24, 2022||Blasphemer (Shotgun)|
|Feb 25, 2022||Apostate (Sniper)|
|Feb 26, 2022||Heretic (Rocket Launcher)|
|Feb 27, 2022||Blasphemer (Shotgun)|
|Feb 28, 2022||Apostate (Sniper)|
|Mar 1, 2022||Heretic (Rocket Launcher)|
NOTE: This activity is a Legacy activity and no longer rewards Powerful Gear. Only one weapon drops per day and changes every day at the daily reset time, check the schedule to make sure which weapon is dropping. You may also confirm what the weapon is each day at r/DestinyTheGame if this page is incorrect or not updated.
GUNSMITH WEEKLY WEAPONS
|Name||Item||Column 1||Column 2||Column 3||Column 4||Grade on light.gg|
|Memory Interdict||Heavy Grenade Launcher||Quick Launch // Smart Drift Control||High-Explosive Ordnance // Mini Frags||Auto-Loading Holster||Wellspring||F|
|Shepherd’s Watch||Primary Sniper Rifle||Chambered Compensator // Corkscrew Rifling||Extended Mag // Flared Magwell||Moving Target||Firing Line||D|
|Spoiler Alert||Primary Sidearm||QuickDot SAS // Target SAS||High-Caliber Rounds // Light Mag||Threat Detector||Frenzy||B|
|Snorri FR5||Energy Fusion Rifle||Extended Barrel // Full Bore||Ionized Battery // Particle Repeater||Stats for All||Wellspring||F|
|Redback-5si||Energy Sidearm||Hammer-Forged Rifling // Smallbore||Tactical Mag // Alloy Magazine||Compulsive Reloader||Vorpal Weapon||C|
|Quickfang||Heavy Sword||Hungry Edge // Honed Edge // Jagged Edge||Relentless Strikes||One for All||Default Shader||A|
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine.
Arrives: Friday, February 25 @ 9AM PST
Departs: Tuesday, March 1 @ 7PM PST
NOTE: Check out the Xûr page on Friday’s for more details.
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
News and Updates
Helpful Articles and Websites
- Bungie x Sony: Bungie Joins Sony | Our Shared Vision
- S16 // Season of the Risen: Official Website
- The Witch Queen: Website | Support
- DCV: Destiny Content Vault | Content Vault – Year 5
- Help: Destiny 2 Known Issues | Report Issues to the #Help forum
- Other: Find a Fireteam | Destiny 2: New Player Guide | Cross Save
How to Earn: Complete the Twitch Sub bounty to get the Long Live the Queen emblem.
To learn more about Twitch Bounty visit this Bungie help page for all the details on the Destiny 2 Twitch Extension and how you can qualify for some fun rewards. Once you complete the Destiny 2 Twitch Bounty your reward can be collected from Amanda Holliday in the Tower! Make sure your Bungie.net account is linked up.
NOTE: In order to be able to complete a Twitch Bounty, you must visit a Destiny 2 streamer on Twitch and make sure they have the Destiny 2 Twitch Extension setup. If they have it setup you should see this, link your account on that extension and complete the bounty. Sometimes the emblem is doesn’t appear in your collections right away. If you have any issues please contact Bungie.
For more info and help, visit our Twitch Sub Bounty page here or click below:
There is lots to say and do but for now, I am gonna go dive into some more Destiny 2 and work on getting everything updated for you all (and thank you for being patient while things are updated). I hope you all enjoy the first week of Season of the Risen and The Witch Queen and have a great week (I know it is easy for some of us to get lost in new gaming content but try to remember to drink some water, eat some food, and take little breaks to walk around – it helps)!
See you starside.
FOLLOW AND SUPPORT
Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will support me (commission is usually about 5% of the sale). You can also support me when signing up for Amazon/Twitch Prime or when purchasing eligible items using my Amazon Affiliate link. Your support is greatly appreciated, thank you! 🤍