Here’s a look at what is in happening this week in Destiny:
- Vanguard Burn: Solar (Check out r/DestinyTheGame for Daily modifiers)
- Guardian Games event is live!
- Hotfix 126.96.36.199. is available, the update notes were pretty long this time (winking face), check them out below.
- Momentum Control is back in the Crucible playlist.
- Trials Labs: Freelance returns this Friday plus earn bonus Trials ranks.
Here is a look at what was resolved with Hotfix 188.8.131.52.
Vow of the Disciple
- Removed class items from Master difficulty reward pool for encounter completions.
Free event for all Guardians!
Banners unfurl in the Tower as Guardians return from the Throne World, ready to trade in their swamp-soaked boots for glory and gold. Titans, Warlocks, and Hunters; which class will claim the podium’s top step? Let the games begin.
Availability: May 3 – May 24, 2022
Learn more on our Guardian Games page or click link below.
WEEKLY PINNACLE REWARDS
Here are some other weeklies that reward Pinnacle gear each week, that are not already listed on this post.[wptb id="87871" not found ]
Mission: The Last Chance – Infiltrate Savathûn’s fortress to recover an artifact linked to her acquisition of the Light.
- Complete the weekly campaign on any difficulty.
- Reward: Powerful Gear (Tier 1)
- Get a team score of 100,000 or better.
- Reward: Pinnacle Gear
NOTE: Visit the weekly story page for more details.
Weekly PsiOps: EDZ – Guardians have recently gone missing in the EDZ. Investigate their disappearances and hunt down the Lucent Hive responsible.
- Fire Pit: When defeated, Acolytes spawn fire pools that cause damage over time.
- Champion Foes: You will face [Shield-Piercing] Barrier and [Stagger] Unstoppable Champions. You must equip Anti-Barrier and Anti-Unstoppable mods to your arms armor to defeat them. These mods come from the Seasonal Artifact.
- Equipment Locked: You will not be able to change your equipment after this activity starts.
- Match Game: Enemy shields are highly resistant to all unmatched elemental damage.
- Shielded Foes: You will face combatants with Arc, Solar, and Void Shields.
The Wellspring is a new six-player matchmade activity at the heart of the ongoing struggle for the Throne World. The balance must be maintained.
Access: Requires The Witch Queen DLC
Fireteam: 1-6 Players
Recommended Power: 1510
Location: Savathun’s Throne World
Offensives: Attack and Defend (Rotates Daily, along with a specific weapon)
Weekly Challenge: Complete runs of The Wellspring 0/3
- Rewards: Powerful Gear (Tier 1, +3)
|5-3-2022||Attack||Fel Taradiddle |
|5-4-2022||Defend||Father’s Sins |
|5-5-2022||Attack||Come to Pass |
(Solar Scorn Chieftain)
|5-7-2022||Attack||Fel Taradiddle |
|5-8-2022||Defend||Father’s Sins |
|5-9-2022||Attack||Come to Pass |
(Solar Scorn Chieftain)
NOTE: Check out our The Wellspring page for more details.
Fallen S.A.B.E.R. (Cosmodrome): Enter Rasputin’s bunker in the Cosmodrome and discover the source of the security breach.
- Complete 5, higher difficulties grant the most efficient progress. (Powerful Gear/T1)
- Complete with a team score of 100k or more. (Pinnacle Gear)
- Adept: Exotic Gear (rare), Enhancement Cores (uncommon), and Nightfall Weapon (rare).
- Hero: Exotic Gear (uncommon), Enhancement Cores (common), Enhancement Prisms (rare), and Nightfall Weapon (uncommon).
- Legend: Exotic Gear (common), Enhancement Prisms (uncommon), and Nightfall Weapon (common).
- Master: Exotic Gear (common), Enhancement Prisms (common), Ascendant Shards (uncommon), and Nightfall Weapon (common).
- Grandmaster: Exotic Gear (common), Ascendant Shards (common), and Nightfall Weapon (common).
NIGHTFALL WEAPON AND MODIFIERS
- Normal: 1520
- Master: 1580
|Challenge||Armor Focus (Master)|
|Defenses Down (The Upended, 3rd encounter)|
Each Guardian cannot kill more than one Knight in total.
NOTE: Adept weapons work on a knockout system and can only be obtained from the weekly Master challenge. After collecting all Adept raid weapons, randomly rolled versions will drop.
Legend: 1300 | Master: 1590
Master Challenge and Rewards
|Challenge||Timelost Weapon||Curated Perks||Armor Stat-Focus|
|The Only Oracle for You – 2nd Encounter||Praedyth’s Revenge|
Earned by completing the weekly Master Vault of Glass challenge.
Found Verdict (Timelost) Shotgun
Earned by completing all Vault of Glass Master Challenges.
|– Feeding Frenzy – Firefly||Resilience|
NOTE: Vault of Glass rewards Powerful Gear (Tier 3), for Pinnacle gear complete Vow of the Disciple encounters (x4). Check out the Vault of Glass page for more details.
|Vow of the Disciple|
(Recommended Power: Normal 1530, Master unlocks on April 19)
|Defenses Down – 3rd Encounter||Each player can’t kill more than one Taken Knight in total.|
|Vault of Glass |
(Recommended Power: Normal 1350, Master: 1590)
|The Only Oracle for You – 2nd Encounter||Players cannot destroy the same oracle more than once.|
|Deep Stone Crypt|
(1350 Recommended Power)
|Red Rover – 1st Encounter||All Guardians must be operator and shoot the two panels on the lower level.|
|Garden of Salvation |
(1350 Recommended Power)
|To the Top – 3rd Encounter||Always deposit Ten (x10) motes at a time to summon the boss.|
(1350 Recommended Power)
|Summoning Ritual – 1st Encounter||Activate and cleanse all nine plates, then kill all nine Knights and Ogres before damaging Kalli.|
REWARD INFO AND RAID PAGES
NOTE: View more details on our Raid Challenges page.
Required to Unlock Lost Sectors
- Complete normal version of the Lost Sector.
- Reach Power level 1500
Recommended Power Levels
- Legend 1550
- Exotic Drop Chance: Rare
- Masterwork Core Chance: Uncommon
- Master 1580
- Exotic Drop Chance: Common
- Masterwork Core Chance: Uncommon
VIEW LOST SECTOR SCHEDULE
NOTE: The daily Lost Sector and exotic reward is the same for both Legend and Master difficulties. Lost Sectors change daily at Reset. Check out our Lost Sector page for more.
A cautionary tale for adventurers willing to trade their humanity for riches.
Access: Requires the 30th Anniversary Pack
Fireteam: Up to 3 Players (no matchmaking)
Location: Cosmodrome (Launch activity from Eternity on the main screen)
Weekly Challenge and Reward
- Complete Dares of Eternity, 3 times.
- Powerful Gear
- Complete Dares of Eternity with a score of 25000 or higher.
- Pinnacle Gear
Recommended Power: 1350 | Matchmaking ON
Recommended Power: 1550 | Matchmaking OFF
|– Daodan Surge: Melee abilities deal more damage and recharge much faster.|
– Champion Foes: You will face Barrier, and Overload, and Unstoppable Champions. You must equip Anti-Barrier, Anti-Overload, and Anti-Unstoppable mods to your arms armor to defeat them. These mods come from the Seasonal Artifact.
– Champion Foes: You will face Barrier and Overload Champions. You must equip Anti-Barrier and Anti-Overload mods to your arms armor to defeat them. These mods come from the Seasonal Artifact.
|– Equipment Locked: You will not be able to change your equipment after this activity starts.|
– Match Game: Enemy shields are highly resistant to all unmatched elemental damage.
– Contestants: Disciples of the Neigh
Round 1: Taken
Round 2: Cabal
Final Round: Zydron (Vex)
– Champion Foes: You will face Barrier, Overload, and Unstoppable Champions.
– Shielded Foes: Combatants may vary each time you play this activity. You may face combatants with Arc, Solar, or Void Shields.
– Void Singe: Void damage increases slightly from all sources.
– Scorched Earth: Enemies throw grenades significantly more often.
Enhancement Prisms (Uncommon)
NOTE: Check out the Dares of Eternity for more details.
A mysterious, impossible horse. Starhorse’s origins and motives are unknowable.
VIEW WEEKLY BOUNTIES
These activities no longer reward Powerful or Pinnacle Gear.
- Weekly Location: Asterion Abyss, Europa
- Buff: Stasis Regeneration – Stasis abilities recharge faster.
- Exo Challenge: Agility
- Empire Hunt: The Warrior
WEEKLY BOUNTIES: VARIKS
The activities below no longer reward powerful or pinnacle gear.
- Nightmare Boss: Fallen Council (Archer’s Line)
- Trove Guardian:
- Nightmare Hunts:
WEEKLY BOUNTIES AND ALTARS OF SORROW SCHEDULE
Weekly Location: Divalian Mists
Dreaming City Cycle: Medium Strength Curse (“The Shattered Throne” Dungeon is available at all times. It can be launched and reset from the Director.)
Challenges and Quests:
- Ascendant Challenge: Cimmerian Garrison, Chamber of Starlight
- Quest: The Oracle Engine – The Taken threaten to take control of an irreplaceable Awoken communications device.
- Blind Well: Hive, Plague: Cragur
WEEKLY BOUNTIES: PETRA VENJ
NOTE: Dreaming City activities and challenges reward legendary gear.
The Gunsmith is located in the Courtyard in The Tower. The Gunsmith’s Weapons change every week at Reset, Mods change Daily at Reset, check mods out at r/DestinyTheGame or light.gg. Mods for both Banshee-44 and Ada-1 are Tweeted out every day at @D2_Director.
VIEW WEAPONS AVAILABLE
Get Your Limited Time Destiny 2 Bundles!
Players with an active Prime Gaming membership can now earn in-game Exotic Gear Drops in Destiny 2. Each drop will contain four rewards, including Exotic weapons, Ghosts, ships, Sparrows, and weapon ornaments from previous Seasons. If you do not have a membership, you may start your free trial here (*This link supports us with a small commission for each sign up). You may visit this page to start your free trial and support us at the same time or here is a non-affiliate link).
Tip of the Spear Exotic Bundle
- Tip of the Spear Exotic Sparrow
- The Tall Tale Exotic Ship
- Drop Pod Legendary Ghost Shell
- Taunt Dance Legendary Emote
Once you have signed up for Prime Gaming and have connected your accounts, you can claim your Destiny 2 Exotic Gear Drops every month on the Destiny 2 Prime Gaming website.
After claiming your drop, log into Destiny 2 and visit Amanda Holliday in the Tower’s Hangar where you will be able to claim your rewards from her inventory screen.
You will have until the 10 AM Pacific on the last day of the drop to claim the rewards on Destiny 2 Prime Gaming website.
Where do I get my Destiny 2 Prime Gaming Bundle?
- Your claimed drop will be available from Amanda Holliday in The Tower next time you log in to Destiny 2.
- Additional drops will be available to claim as long as you remain an Amazon Prime member.
- Note: New players will need to complete the game introduction prior to receiving in-game content.
- If you’re unable to receive your content, see the FAQs for more detail.
- If you claim a reward on a wrong account, you will be unable to reclaim that reward.
- Additionally, if you use Amazon Prime Household Sharing, only ONE person will be able to claim a reward.
Still have questions? Check out Bungie’s Help article for more details on how everything works.
Trials Labs: Freelance returns on Friday, plus all players will earn bonus Trials ranks all week long.
Start: Friday, May 6 @ 10 AM PDT
End: Tuesday, May 10 @ 10 AM PDT
NOTE: Check out our Trials page on Friday’s for more details.
TRIALS MAP PLAYERS CHOICE
- May 3: Players who are signed up for Bungie emails will receive an email to vote for a map. The choices will be: Vostok, Altar of Flame, or Fragment.
- May 5: Vote closes.
- The winning map will be revealed in next week’s TWAB (May 5).
UPDATE: Altar of Flame has won!
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
News and Updates
Helpful Articles and Websites
- The Witch Queen: Website | Support
- S16 // Season of the Risen: Official Website
- DCV: Destiny Content Vault | Content Vault – Year 5
- Help: Destiny 2 Known Issues | Report Issues to the #Help forum
- Other: Find a Fireteam | Destiny 2: New Player Guide | Cross Save
- May 3 – May 24 (NOW): Guardian Games
- May 6: Trials Labs – Freelance, Community voted map
- May 10: Iron Banner
- May 20: Trials Labs – Freelance and Zone Capture
- May 24: SEASON 17 BEGINS!
Please note, dates are subject to change.
Hope you all enjoy Guardian Games and have a great week!
See you starside.
FOLLOW AND SUPPORT
Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will support me (commission is usually about 5% of the sale). You can also support me when signing up for Amazon/Twitch Prime or when purchasing eligible items using my Amazon Affiliate link. Your support is appreciated, thank you! 🤍