Here’s a look at what is in happening this week in Destiny:
- Vanguard Burn: Void (Check out r/DestinyTheGame for Daily modifiers)
- This is the final week of Season of the Risen!
- Guardian Games continues for the final week.
- Earn bonus ranks in Crucible, Vanguard, and Gambit.
- Team Scorched returns to the Crucible playlist.
- Trials Labs: Freelance and Capture Zones returns on Friday.
REMINDER: Season 17 begins next week, on May 24 at the weekly reset (10 AM PDT). A new trailer should be released sometimes before the next weekly reset. Stay tuned to our Twitter page.
This is the final week of the Guardian Games event!
Banners unfurl in the Tower as Guardians return from the Throne World, ready to trade in their swamp-soaked boots for glory and gold. Titans, Warlocks, and Hunters; which class will claim the podium’s top step? Let the games begin.
💠Currently Winning: Warlocks
Learn more on our Guardian Games page.
WEEKLY PINNACLE REWARDS
Here are other weeklies not listed below that reward Pinnacle Gear.
Mission: Track Savathûn on Mars, where temporal abnormalities scar the planet’s surface and the Cabal seek to claim new territory.
- Complete the weekly campaign on any difficulty.
- Reward: Powerful Gear (Tier 1)
- Get a team score of 100,000 or better.
- Reward: Pinnacle Gear
NOTE: Visit the weekly story page for more details.
Weekly PsiOps: The Moon
The Lucent Hive have opened a portal between Savathûn’s throne world and the Scarlet Keep. Break up the portal ritual, and prevent a full-scale invasion of Earth.
- Fire Pit: When defeated, Acolytes spawn fire pools that cause damage over time.
- Champion Foes: You will face [Shield-Piercing] Barrier and [Stagger] Unstoppable Champions. You must equip Anti-Barrier and Anti-Unstoppable mods to your arms armor to defeat them. These mods come from the Seasonal Artifact.
- Equipment Locked: You will not be able to change your equipment after this activity starts.
- Match Game: Enemy shields are highly resistant to all unmatched elemental damage.
- Shielded Foes: You will face combatants with Arc, Solar, and Void Shields.
UPDATE: After double checking, this activity will still be available next Season.
The Wellspring is a new six-player matchmade activity at the heart of the ongoing struggle for the Throne World. The balance must be maintained.
Access: Requires The Witch Queen DLC
Fireteam: 1-6 Players
Recommended Power: 1510
Location: Savathun’s Throne World
Offensives: Attack and Defend (Rotates Daily, along with a specific weapon)
Weekly Challenge: Complete runs of The Wellspring 0/3
- Rewards: Powerful Gear (Tier 1, +3)
Solar Scorn Chieftain
Solar Scorn Chieftain
5-24-2022: SEASON 17 BEGINS!
NOTE: Check out our The Wellspring page for more details.
The Scarlet Keep: Investigate the recently erected Scarlet Keep and discover its dark purpose.
Active: GM Catchup node and bonus Vanguard ranks
- Complete 5, higher difficulties grant the most efficient progress. (Powerful Gear/T1)
- Complete with a team score of 100k or more. (Pinnacle Gear)
- Adept: Exotic Gear (rare), Enhancement Cores (uncommon), and Nightfall Weapon (rare).
- Hero: Exotic Gear (uncommon), Enhancement Cores (common), Enhancement Prisms (rare), and Nightfall Weapon (uncommon).
- Legend: Exotic Gear (common), Enhancement Prisms (uncommon), and Nightfall Weapon (common).
- Master: Exotic Gear (common), Enhancement Prisms (common), Ascendant Shards (uncommon), and Nightfall Weapon (common).
- Grandmaster: Exotic Gear (common), Ascendant Shards (common), and Nightfall Weapon (common).
NIGHTFALL WEAPON AND MODIFIERS
- Normal: 1520
- Master: 1580
|Challenge||Armor Focus (Master Difficulty)|
|Swift Destruction (Acquisition) |
Kill all Champions within a few seconds of each other, on all rounds.
NOTE: Adept weapons work on a knockout system and can only be obtained from the weekly Master challenge. After collecting all Adept raid weapons, randomly rolled versions will drop.
Legend: 1300 | Master: 1590
Master Challenge and Rewards
NOTE: Vault of Glass rewards Powerful Gear (Tier 3), for Pinnacle gear complete Vow of the Disciple encounters (x4). Check out the Vault of Glass page for more details.
|Vow of the Disciple|
(Recommended Power: Normal 1530, Master unlocks on April 19)
|Kill all Champions within a few seconds of each other, on all rounds.|
|Vault of Glass |
(Recommended Power: Normal 1350, Master: 1590)
|Strangers in Time |
|Players must defeat the Praetorian and Wyvern at the same time.|
|Deep Stone Crypt|
(1350 Recommended Power)
|Of All Trades|
(Taniks Ph. 1)
|Each guardian must do all three roles (Operator,|
Scanner, and Suppressor).
|Garden of Salvation |
(1350 Recommended Power)
|Do not kill spawning Cyclopses (the Cyclopses in the first two rooms).|
(1350 Recommended Power)
|Do not kill the smaller Ogres.|
REWARD INFO AND RAID PAGES
NOTE: View more details on our Raid Challenges page.
Required to Unlock Lost Sectors
- Complete normal version of the Lost Sector.
- Reach Power level 1500
Recommended Power Levels
- Legend 1550
- Exotic Drop Chance: Rare
- Masterwork Core Chance: Uncommon
- Master 1580
- Exotic Drop Chance: Common
- Masterwork Core Chance: Uncommon
VIEW LOST SECTOR SCHEDULE
NOTE: The daily Lost Sector and exotic reward is the same for both Legend and Master difficulties. Lost Sectors change daily at Reset. Check out our Lost Sector page for more.
A cautionary tale for adventurers willing to trade their humanity for riches.
Access: Requires the 30th Anniversary Pack
Fireteam: Up to 3 Players (no matchmaking)
Location: Cosmodrome (Launch activity from Eternity on the main screen)
Weekly Challenge and Reward
- Complete Dares of Eternity, 3 times.
- Powerful Gear
- Complete Dares of Eternity with a score of 25000 or higher.
- Pinnacle Gear
- Master Difficulty: Can drop Enhancement Prisms
NOTE: Check out the Dares of Eternity for more details.
A mysterious, impossible horse. Starhorse’s origins and motives are unknowable.
- The 30th Anniversary Pack is required to access this vendor.
VIEW WEEKLY BOUNTIES
These activities no longer reward Powerful or Pinnacle Gear.
- Eclipsed Zone: Eventide Ruins, Europa
- Buff: Stasis Regeneration – Stasis abilities recharge faster.
- Exo Challenge: Survival
- Empire Hunt: Dark Priestess
WEEKLY BOUNTIES: VARIKS
The activities below no longer reward powerful or pinnacle gear.
- Nightmare Boss: Nightmare of Horkis, Anchor of Light
- Trove Guardian: Archer’s Line
- Nightmare Hunts:
- Phogoth, Ghaul, Taniks
WEEKLY BOUNTIES AND ALTARS OF SORROW SCHEDULE
Weekly Location: The Strand
Dreaming City Cycle: Low Strength Curse (“The Shattered Throne” Dungeon is available at all times. It can be launched and reset from the Director.)
Challenges and Quests:
- Ascendant Challenge: Forfeit Shrine, Gardens of Esila
- Quest: Broken Courier – Respond to a distress call in the Strand.
- Blind Well: Scorn, Plagues: Sikariis & Varkuuriis
WEEKLY BOUNTIES: PETRA VENJ
NOTE: Dreaming City activities and challenges reward legendary gear.
The Gunsmith is located in the Courtyard in The Tower. The Gunsmith’s Weapons change every week at Reset, Mods change Daily at Reset, check mods out at r/DestinyTheGame or light.gg. Mods for both Banshee-44 and Ada-1 are Tweeted out every day at @D2_Director.
VIEW WEAPONS AVAILABLE
Get Your Limited Time Destiny 2 Bundles!
Players with an active Prime Gaming membership can now earn in-game Exotic Gear Drops in Destiny 2. Each drop will contain four rewards, including Exotic weapons, Ghosts, ships, Sparrows, and weapon ornaments from previous Seasons. If you do not have a membership, you may start your free trial here (*This link supports us with a small commission for each sign up). You may visit this page to start your free trial and support us at the same time or here is a non-affiliate link).
Tip of the Spear Exotic Bundle
- Tip of the Spear Exotic Sparrow
- The Tall Tale Exotic Ship
- Drop Pod Legendary Ghost Shell
- Taunt Dance Legendary Emote
Once you have signed up for Prime Gaming and have connected your accounts, you can claim your Destiny 2 Exotic Gear Drops every month on the Destiny 2 Prime Gaming website.
After claiming your drop, log into Destiny 2 and visit Amanda Holliday in the Tower’s Hangar where you will be able to claim your rewards from her inventory screen.
You will have until the 10 AM Pacific on the last day of the drop to claim the rewards on Destiny 2 Prime Gaming website.
Where do I get my Destiny 2 Prime Gaming Bundle?
- Your claimed drop will be available from Amanda Holliday in The Tower next time you log in to Destiny 2.
- Additional drops will be available to claim as long as you remain an Amazon Prime member.
- Note: New players will need to complete the game introduction prior to receiving in-game content.
- If you’re unable to receive your content, see the FAQs for more detail.
- If you claim a reward on a wrong account, you will be unable to reclaim that reward.
- Additionally, if you use Amazon Prime Household Sharing, only ONE person will be able to claim a reward.
Still have questions? Check out Bungie’s Help article for more details on how everything works.
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
News and Updates
- May 12: This Week at Bungie
- May 10: Hotfix 126.96.36.199
- May 5: This Week at Bungie
- May 3: Guardian Games | Guardian Games Cup
Helpful Articles and Websites
- The Witch Queen: Website | Support
- S16 // Season of the Risen: Official Website
- DCV: Destiny Content Vault | Content Vault – Year 5
- Help: Destiny 2 Known Issues | Report Issues to the #Help forum
- Other: Find a Fireteam | Destiny 2: New Player Guide | Cross Save
Info from the latest This Week at Bungie article.
Players who encounter issues when participating in Guardian Games should report them to the Bungie #Help Forum with a description of the issue, where it occurred, and provide videos or screenshots when available.
For a list of currently tracked issues, players can also view Bungie’s Known Issues article.
Etheric Spiral Deprecation
With the start of Season 17, Etheric Spirals will be deprecated and no longer available to exchange for other materials or currencies. Players should exchange their Etheric Spirals at the Cryptarch in the Tower prior to the launch of Season 17 at 10 AM, May 24.
Vendor Reward Reset
As a reminder, all vendor ranks will reset with the start of Season 17. Players should claim any vendor rank rewards before they are reset with the launch of Season 17 at 10 AM, May 24.
The final week of Season of the Risen is next week, May 17, 2022. Stay tuned for more details about what’s coming soon.
- May 20: Trials Labs – Freelance and Zone Capture
- May 24: SEASON 17 BEGINS!
Please note, dates are subject to change.
Here is some information we currently know about Season 17. More details or a new Season trailer should be revealed this week or on the next weekly reset. Keep an eye on our Twitter (as well as D2_Director) and/or Discord for Destiny 2 news and updates.
- New Season Pass
- New Artifact
- New Crucible Map: Disjunction
- New Dungeon
- Dungeon and Raid Rotator
- Iron Banner Rework
- Rift Crucible Game Mode Returns
- and more!
NOTE: We will update this page once more about Season 17 is learned.
If you didn’t know there are a few different emblem giveaways going on currently on our Twitter. Don’t forget to join us on Discord and follow us on Twitter and Instagram to get the latest on Destiny 2.
Have a good week and take care!
I’ll see you starside.
FOLLOW AND SUPPORT
Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will support me (commission is usually about 5% of the sale). You can also support me when signing up for Amazon/Twitch Prime or when purchasing eligible items using my Amazon Affiliate link. Your support is appreciated, thank you! 🤍