DESTINY 2 WEEKLY RESET (Sept 03 – Sept 10)
Here is a summary of what’s going on this week:
- Moments of Triumph continues until Sept 17!
- The September Community Challenge (Mars) is live now and ends September 10. Find out more below.
- Update 18.104.22.168 is live. Read the full update notes here or view them towards the end of this post.
If you would like a larger view of the infographics in this post, click and open them and then zoom in for larger text. Please note, it might take a few seconds to load once you zoom in.
If the entire community completes the following objectives below, any Guardian that completes at least one Nightfall will be rewarded with a unique emblem. (Stay tuned to @Destinythegame or @Kyber3000 for updates on progress)
Starts: Live Now!
Ends: Tuesday, September 10 @ 10 AM PDT
- Defeat 175 thousand Wave 7 Escalation Protocol bosses
- Defeat 300 million Hive on Mars
- Mars Nightfalls
- Defeat Nokris 150 thousand times
- Defeat Xol 100 thousand times
- Use 300 thousand Override Frequencies
If all objectives are completed during the event, any player to complete at least one Nightfall will be granted a unique emblem, granted to only those who rose to the Mars challenge. Plus, Calus will unlock additional rewards for successful Menagerie completions. Starting when goals are met, players will be guaranteed two rewards when slotting their runes and opening the chest, and an additional reward will be added each Friday for the remainder of the Season.
Credit: Images via Bungie (Top image edited by Kyber3000)
Crown of Sorrow: Which Witch (Shuro Chi)
- Do not get hit/take damage from Shuro Chi’s Arc Blast.
Scourge of the Past: All for One, One for All
- All players in the fireteam must “collect” and deposit each buff. (Note: Everyone individually has to obtain and dunk the Continuous, Angular and Parallel buffs before the boss is killed)
Last Wish Raid: Total Victory (Galhran’s Deception)
- Players must break the shield of Gahlran’s Deception a total of five times in a single damage phase (which means your team will also need to one-phase the boss).
Weekly Order: Gardens > Gauntlet > Pools > Calus
Challenge: Royal Pools
- One player must stay in the middle area (with boots in the water) until encounter is completed.
PRESTIGE RAID LAIRS (Eater of Worlds + Spire of Stars)
Active Modifier: Prism
Attacks matching the periodically rotating focused element do more damage. Other elemental damage is reduced. Incoming damage is unaffected.
Armsmaster Required Loadout
- Kinetic: SMG
- Energy: Anything
- Power: Grenade Launcher
Guides and more info:
- Weekly Nightfall Challenge: Complete this week’s Nightfall.
- Weekly Score Challenge: Complete a Nightfall with a team high-score above 100,000.
Mars. Defeat Nokris before he completes his ritual.
Unique Item: BrayTech Osprey – Legendary Rocket Launcher
Will of the Thousands
Unique Item: Worm God Incarnation – Transmat Effect
The Dreaming City. Hunt down one of Queen Mara’s most trusted advisors and free her from Taken possession.
Unique Item: Horror’s Least – Legendary Pulse Rifle (Energy)
Click here to view all of the Nightfall unique rewards available.
Mars: Complete various activities including public events, Lost Sectors, and Heroic adventures.
View guides on how to complete heroic public events here.
Heroic Boss: Arunak, Beloved by Calus (Hive Ogre)
Solar Singe: Solar damage increases slightly from all sources.
- Extinguish: If your fireteam falls in a Restricted Zone, everyone is returned to orbit.
- Grenadier: Grenade abilities deal more damage and recharge much faster.
- Famine: All ammunition drops are significantly reduced.
View the Menagerie page for guides and more details.
Challenge: Successfully complete tiers. (Higher tiers grant the most efficient progress)
This Week: The Swords
Arc Singe: Arc damage increases slightly from all sources.
- Just In Case – Sword (T3)
- Night Watch – Scout Rifle (T2 and T3)
- Lonesome – Sidearm (T2 and T3)
- Last Man Standing – Shotgun (T2 and T3)
- Sole Survivor – Sniper Rifle (T2 and T3)
Next Week: Likeness of Oryx
Weekly Location: The Strand
Dreaming City Cycle: Low Strength (Full Curse and Shattered Throne returns on 09.17)
Rewards Powerful Gear:
- Vendor Challenge: Complete 2 Weekly Bounties on the Dreaming City.
- War for the Dreaming City: Complete 8 daily bounties on the Dreaming City.
- Quest: Broken Courier – Respond to a distress call in the Strand.
- Ascendant Challenge: Agonarch Abyss, Bay of Drowned Wishes
- Gateway Between Worlds: Complete Blind Well on The Dreaming City to receive an offering for the Oracle.
- Blind Well: Scorn, Plagues: Sikariis & Varkuuriis
Boss: Bok Litur, Hunger of Xol (Hive Knight) – No major mechanic, only requires extensive firepower to take down.
- Ikelos_SR_v1.0.1 – Legendary Sniper Rifle
- Ikelos_SG_v1.0.1 – Legendary Shotgun
- Ikelos_SMG_v1.0.1 – Legendary Submachine Gun
Note: Shown below is the new Escalation Protocol infographic, it is pretty much complete but will have a few touch ups and changes. I will have an updated infographic of the version below shortly (just correcting some typos and a few small things).
MORE ACTIVITY INFO
Weekly Singe: Arc damage increases slightly from all sources (Elemental singe on Strikes, Heroic Adventures, and Heroic Story Missions).
Moments of Triumphs: Live until Sept 17 (view more info here)
Crucible Playlist: Lockdown
Spider’s Wanted Bounty: Combustor Valus (Located on Io, pick up bounty from Spider)
- Guardian of All Challenge with Ikora: Complete 20 bounties of any type.
- Clan Rewards: Earn 5,000 XP for your clan.
- Strike Challenge: Complete 3 strikes using the same sub-class element as the weekly singe.
- Heroic Story: Complete 3 Daily Story missions.
- Heroic Adventure: Check in-game to see what the adventure is (will be on the same planet as the weekly Flashpoint).
- Crucible: Complete 5 matches in the Crucible.
- Gambit: Complete 3 matches.
- Gambit Prime: Complete 4 matches.
- Recipe for Success (Ada-1): Successfully forge multiple weapon frames in the lost forges of the Black Armory.
- Drifter Bounty: Visit the Drifter each week to pick up the weekly bounty.
Clan Engrams: Gambit, Crucible, Nightfall, and Raid. (When your clan completes each weekly clan challenges above, every member in the clan will get one powerful engram per activity completed)
Arrives: Friday, Sept 06 @ 10 AM PT
Departs: Tuesday, Sept 10 @ 10 AM PT
Check back on Friday’s for Xûr’s Inventory and Location.
Sept 03: Update 22.214.171.124 – The One About Quality of Life by the Destiny Dev Team
- Updated the stack size limit from 999 to 9,999 for Planetary Materials, Gunsmith Materials, Vanguard Tokens, Crucible Tokens, and Iron Banner Tokens.
- Braytech Schematics are no longer limited to 1 per day, per account
- Braytech Schematics have a 25% drop chance when opening any Rasputin Data Cache
- The four Braytech weapons offered by Ana Bray, and also tied to the Wayfarer seal, now have a greater chance of granting a weapon you do not currently have.
- Wendigo GL3
- Grenade Launcher kills are worth 100% more for each objective
- Death Penalty no longer exist for the final objective
- Grenade Launcher multikills grant 50% more progress
- Completing Playlist strikes grants a significant amount of progress towards the final objective
- Required number of multi-kills has been reduced from 200 to 75
- Required number of medals has been reduced from 100 to 25
- Points earned in Competitive has been further increased relative to other pvp modes
- roughly 1x for Quickplay, 2x for IB, 3x for comp
- Enemies in Reckoning adjusted to have less health and do less damage to players
- Increased weapon drop rates in Reckoning and Gambit Prime
- Further increased bad luck protection to each activity, so players should receive a weapon reward after playing multiple matches without one dropping
- Tier 3 Reckoning will have even higher drop rates, as it is more challenging
- Fixed an issue that would cause wrapped items to no longer be refundable when transferred between characters
- Character Boosts
- The Forsaken character boost is no longer available for purchase
- Players will continue to receive one free character boost when accessing Forsaken for the first time
The latest post by Luke Smith included quite a bit of information about what’s happening with Seasons and the Season Pass in Destiny 2. To read the complete post by Luke Smith click here. Below is a brief look at some of the info from the article:
With every Season Pass, you will get everything you’d expect from a Destiny Season (new activities, rewards, a storyline, et cetera), not just the new Season Rank UI and the reward tracks. Like Luke Smith alluded to way back in the first Director’s Cut, Bungie needs more sustainable ways to deliver rewards, and the Season Rank UI is a big step in getting there.
Season Pass Includes:
Here’s a look at what Season Pass owners get in Season of the Undying (which, again, is included with Shadowkeep):
- Season Pass owners get access to a new seasonal activity, the Vex Offensive, which includes:
- Four Legendary Weapon drops.
- Additional weekly and daily bounties.
- Additional weekly challenges with powerful rewards.
- A new weapon quest for an Exotic Bow, Leviathan’s Breath. Exclusive to Season Pass owners.
- A new Exotic Hand Cannon, Eriana’s Vow.
- Awarded on Rank 35 of the free track
- Awarded on Rank 1 of the premium track
- Three seasonal Legendary armor sets (one for each class)
- Collect a complete set during the first 25 ranks of the free track
- NOTE: This is a change from the Annual Pass, where you were required to purchase gear from the Season.
- On the premium track you get all three sets on Rank 1
- These also drop within the Vex Offensive seasonal activity
- If you want versions with higher stat tiers, you’ll need to play Vex Offensive to earn them.
- Collect a complete set during the first 25 ranks of the free track
- Some additional premium track rewards:
- Three universal ornament armor sets (one for each class)
- An Exotic weapon ornament for Eriana’s Vow
- Two Legendary weapon ornaments
- A new finisher
- An Exotic emote
- An Exotic ship
New Light Includes:
All Destiny 2 players, whether you’re coming in with New Light (will be completely free for all players on Oct 01) or are all-in on Shadowkeep and Season of the Undying, will have access to the following:
- Patrolling the Moon destination
- The opening mission of Shadowkeep
- Two new strikes
- Crucible Updates
- Two returning PvP maps from the D1 era—Widow’s Court and Twilight Gap
- Elimination in Crucible Labs
- Armor 2.0 build customization
- Eye of the Gate Lord Seasonal Artifact
- New finishers
- Two new pinnacle weapons: one for Gambit and one for Crucible
- Free Seasonal Rank rewards, which include:
- New Exotic weapon—Eriana’s Vow
- Three Legendary armor sets (1 per class)
- Two Legendary weapons
- Best of Year 2 Bright Engrams
- Glimmer and upgrade modules
Summary about the Season Pass and Premium Tier Passes: From what I currently understand, all versions of Shadowkeep include the Season Pass (with premium tier). Here is the difference between the two version available: The Standard Version ($35) includes one season pass which is Season of the Undying (includes premium tier pass) and the Deluxe Edition ($60) includes four season passes (includes four premium tier passes). I plan on posting/making something asap to better explain all of this. (Currently the Collector’s Edition is sold out and I’m not sure Bungie plans to restock this)
Related articles and videos:
Credit: Season Pass Image above via Bungie
Here are some short links to get up-to-date weekly infographics, posts, and social links:
- KYBER3000.COM/LINKS (Features Social Links and Current Infographics)
- kyber3000.com/discord (Join on Discord)
- kyber3000.com/d2resetpost (Weekly Reset Full Post)
- kyber3000.com/d2reset (Weekly Reset Infographic)
- kyber3000.com/d2raids (Weekly Raid Challenges Infographic)
- kyber3000.com/xur-post (Xûr Full Post)
- kyber3000.com/xur (Xûr Infographic)
- kyber3000.com/ep (Escalation Protocol Infographic)
If you experience any issues with the links above, you may click here as this should always be updated. If you are still experiencing any issues please send me a private message on this website, Twitter, Instagram, or Discord. And feel free to join my new Discord Server to get infographics/posts, news and updates, enter exclusive giveaways, and chat with others.
Hope you all have a great week!
♥ Kyber3000 (Add on Steam)
*Kyber3000 and Kyber’s Corner are not affiliated with Destiny 2/Bungie.