💠 This weekend you can find Xûr hanging out on the the Hangar in the Tower and Trials is live on Pacifica this weekend. Check out the info below for a look at Xur’s Inventory, Trials info, recent news, and more!
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine. (Note: Xur offers random rolls on all armor.)
Departs: Tuesday, Jan 19 @ 9 AM PST
Where is Xur? Hangar, Tower (The green arrow below is Xur’s location)
Exotic Armor – 23 LS (Random Rolls are available)
- Hunter: Oathkeeper – Gauntlets
- Titan: ACD/0 Feedback Fence – Leg Armor
- Warlock: The Stag – Warlock Helmet
Exotic Weapon – 29 LS
- Arbalest – Primary Linear Fusion Rifle
- Element: Kinetic | Type: Kinetic | Ammo: Special
Exotic Engram (97 LS)
- An engram with a predestined outcome. Contains a new Exotic if any remain to be collected; otherwise, it contains a random piece of Exotic armor. This item can be purchase only once per week, per account.
Xenology Quest (No Cost)
- Complete strikes or win matches in Crucible or Gambit. Extra progress is awarded for more challenging activities and for succeeding with clanmates. Reward: Exotic Cipher Present it to Xûr or the Monument To Lost Lights to receive a reward. You can only hold 1 of this item at a time. (Available on a weekly cadence)
3v3 Competitive Crucible Mode
Departs: Tuesday, Jan 19 @ 9 a.m. PST
- 3 Wins (Powerful): Tomorrow’s Answer – Rocket Launcher (Power / Void)
- 5 Wins (Powerful): Exile’s Curse – Fusion Rifle (Energy / Arc)
- 7 Wins (Pinnacle): Astral Horizon – Shotgun (Kinetic)
- Flawless (Pinnacle):
NOTES: During the first four weeks, the Flawless chest will drop an Adept Weapon. The fifth week will drop an armor piece, with subsequent weeks switching the rewards back and forth between Adept weapons and armor as previously mentioned here by Bungie. Adept weapon mods will drop each week.
NEXT WEEK IN DESTINY!
- All Grandmaster Nightfalls will be active, earn the Conqueror Title while your able to!
- Stop the Vex in the Inverted Spire Nightfall: The Ordeal.
- Mayhem returns to the Crucible.
- Only 3 weeks left before the season ends!
Today, January 14, background maintenance for Update 3.0.2 will begin. Below is a timeline of events:
- January 19, 8 AM PST (1600 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance for Update 3.0.2 begins.
- January 19, 8:30 AM PST (1630 UTC): Players are removed from activities and won’t be able to log back into Destiny 2 until 9 AM PST when Update 3.0.2 is available.
- January 19, 9 AM PST (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 Update 3.0.2 is rolled out across all platforms and regions. Players can log back into Destiny 2 at this time. Ongoing maintenance is expected to conclude at 10 AM PST.
- January 19, 10 AM PST (1800 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude.
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
News and Updates
- Jan 14: This Week at Bungie – Eyes Up
- Dec 22: Thank You – Guardians of the World
- Dec 22: A Play of Shadow and Light (Web Series)
- Season of the Hunt Website | Season of the Hunt Guide
- Beyond Light Guide | Beyond Light Support
- Beyond Light (+ Future Content) | Official Beyond Light Website
- Destiny 2 Dev Update – Rewards (Includes Important Info about Year 4)
- Destiny 2 Known Issues | Report Issues to the #Help forum
- Destiny Content Vault (DCV) Info via TWAB | Content Vault Guide
- Find a Fireteam | Destiny 2: New Player Guide | Cross Save
Here is some info from Bungie.net about an update coming in Season 13 for The Dreaming City and The Moon Rewards.
What you’ll see starting in Season 13:
- Reissued Dreaming City Reverie Dawn and Moon Dreambane armor.
- These will also drop with high stats when earned in Shattered Throne or Pit of Heresy.
- The final chest in Pit of Heresy will no longer drop a fully Masterworked Dreambane armor piece.
- Instead, the Dreambane armor piece that drops will have 7 armor energy and is guaranteed to drop with at least a +16 in two different stats and higher stats overall.
- Dreambane class items will not drop from this chest.
- Reissued 4 weapons for Dreaming City with new Perk Pools.
- Waking Vigil, Sleepless, Vouchsafe, and Retold Tale.
- Dreaming City weapons that drop in the Shattered Throne dungeon can roll with perks that are unavailable from drops from other reward sources.
- Reissued 4 weapons for the Moon with new Perk Pools.
- Premonition (Pit of Heresy only), Heretic, Blasphemer, and Apostate.
- Weapons that drop in the Pit of Heresy dungeon can roll with perks that are unavailable from drops from other reward sources.
- Expanding Lost Sector Legend and Master rotation to 4 Moon Sectors.
- K1 Logistics, K1 Communication, K1 Crew Quarters, and K1 Revelation.
Bungie is making these changes to help preserve the relevancy of the destinations, specifically some of the pinnacle end-game activities that still exist there. To get more specific around the actual experience, activities where re-issues are acquired will be heavily weighted towards rewarding re-issued gear over capped gear — though the exact weighting and mechanisms may differ. For example: In the Dreaming City if you have already obtained an infusion capped weapon, it will not drop for you again.
While not every gear source or Legendary reward will be kept up to date for the entire lifetime these destinations are available, Bungie does believe there’s high value in targeting some specific activity drops for continued relevance to give you more options for where to spend time as you seek to improve your arsenal.
Here is some info from Bungie.net about upcoming changes coming in Season 13 for Strikes, Gambit and Crucible. To read this info directly from Bungie article, click here.
From Bungie.net article: Since Destiny 2 launched, Guardians have been amassing vendor reputation tokens. These could be turned in for Legendary gear, which would usually be dismantled for Legendary Shards and materials. Looking to the future, the Bungie team is excited to update the ways in which you earn reputation with ritual vendors and the rewards that come from them.
Justin (Bungie Team): The rewards for continuous ritual playlist completion has been a subject that’s come up several times as Bungie has looked over Beyond Light feedback, and they are happy to announce some changes coming soon to Gambit, Crucible, and strike reward structure.
Firstly, Bungie will be adding two new unique weapon rewards to each of the three playlist rituals (so six total across all three activities). These weapons are in addition to the ones added in Season of the Hunt, and continue to have a small chance to drop at the end of each activity.
Second, starting in Season 13 for Gambit and Crucible (Valor) and in a future Season for strikes, rank rewards will be visible on the ritual vendors. Each Season you’ll be greeted by a row of rewards, progression toward which will be earned automatically as you complete relevant playlist activities.
Instead of having rank rewards dropped automatically into your loot stream, they now will be picked up manually from the vendor lists. Bungie feels this gives much better visibility into what you’ll be earning as you progress, and helps you make better choices about where to spend your time.
Progression is on a per-ritual basis. You can be on Rank 10 for Crucible and Rank 4 for Gambit, for example. You’ll reset your rank right at the vendor by picking up the final reward.
Rewards for each individual ritual are as follows:
- Rank 4: 3x Upgrade Modules
- Rank 7: 3x Enhancement Cores
- Rank 10: Seasonal Ritual Shader (changes to 3x Enhancement Cores after resetting your rank)
- Rank 13: 2x Enhancement Prisms
- Rank 16: Seasonal Ritual Emblem (changes to 2x Enhancement Prisms after resetting your rank)
- Reset Reward: Ascendant Shard (changes to Exotic Engram after resetting your rank)
Every rank-up awards a base Ritual Engram just like before. Additionally, each of the above ranks also awards a Prime Ritual Engram.
Due to this automated progression, Crucible Tokens and Crucible Token Gifts are no longer needed and will be deprecated into junk that will delete as a full stack starting in Season 13. So, cash those tokens in before the end of the Season, and get ready to earn some Masterwork materials!
Here is some info from Bungie.net about upcoming Stasis Tuning. To read this info directly from Bungie article, click here.
From Bungie article: The conversation and feedback on rewards wasn’t the only thing Bungie was tracking over the holiday break. Many of you have been spending time in the Crucible, experimenting with Stasis and all of the ways in which it can change the flow of a PvP match. Prior to the break, Bungie had a round of tuning for Warlocks. Next up, they are looking at Hunters, but also have some comments on our approach to future Stasis tuning as we head in to the new year.
From Bungie article, written by Combat Area Lead Tomonori Kinoshita (Tomo): Over the holiday break we saw Trials go live, and with that a wealth of valuable feedback from the community. Along with this feedback, we have been tracking data from Trials and identified some short-term changes, as well as more mid-term goals we are focusing on in the coming weeks and months.
Short term goal: Address outlier Stasis abilities to keep subclass decision making interesting.
- Reduce the potency of Shatter Dive + Whisper of Fissures against Guardians, going live with Update 3.0.2.
- Now has damage falloff vs. unfrozen targets
- Max range damage reduced from 50 to 5
- Damage reduction during ability reduced from 50% to 25%
- Whisper of Fissures
- Reduced max-min damage vs. non-super players from 42-22 to 30-4
- Reduced max-min damage vs. super players from 42-22 to 16-2
- Reduced detonation radius vs. players from 10m to 9m
- Investigate the efficacy of the Stasis Titan Behemoth Super. We want to let the above change settle to see where the Behemoth stands in our PvP hierarchy, but this is next on our radar.
Mid-term goal: Improve PvP subclass usage and win-rate balance.
- Addressing Stasis ability outliers will help us lower the ceiling, but we also want to pull up other underperforming Light subclasses.
Mid-term goal: Review our ability-to-gunplay balance in PvP.
- Destiny is a game about both explosive space magic moments and intrinsically satisfying gunplay. Especially in our 3v3 playlists, the usage of abilities has climbed as we introduce more and more ways to charge them quickly.
- We’re still in very early discussions, but we’re looking into restoring a better balance where proper gunplay is rewarding in these playlists.
A few of you noticed that prior to our holiday break, we were able to get a few sandbox changes delivered faster than expected. Thanks to changes on Destiny 2’s backend and the Destiny Content Vault, our patch pipeline is indeed better than before! That said, some changes won’t happen at light speed, as our team wants the appropriate time to collect feedback, check the data, and test proposed changes. Once these changes have been validated, we’ll be eager to get you details via TWABs, blog articles, and more.
If you want to stay up-to-date with gaming infographics/posts, news and updates, enter occasional giveaways and more make sure to join and help grow the community on Discord! As a reminder, you may always view graphics and post at kyber3000.com/Links, all graphics and posts are updated here every week.
CONNECT & SUPPORT Twitter| IG| Discord | Support | Amazon | Epic Games Store Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will credit me a commission (usually about 5% of the sale). With Amazon, I will receive a commission whenever my link is used to buy items or when signing up for Amazon memberships (some things are not eligible). Your support is greatly appreciated!