💠 This weekend you can find Xûr hanging out at the Hangar in the Tower and Trials is live on Distant Shore (Side note: If you’ve been wanting the Hand Cannon, this weekend is the best chance for that). Get a more detailed look at Xur and Trials below!
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine. (Note: Xur offers random rolls on all armor.)
Departs: Tuesday, May 11 @ 10AM Pacific
Where is Xur? Hangar, Tower (The green arrow below is Xur’s location)
Exotic Armor – 23 LS (Random Rolls are available)
- Hunter: Gwisin Vest – Chest Armor
- Titan: Mask of the Quiet One – Helmet
- Warlock: Vesper of Radius – Chest Armor
Exotic Weapon – 29 LS (Random Rolls are available)
- Skyburner’s Oath – Scout Rifle
- Slot: Solar | Element: Energy | Ammo: Primary
Exotic Engram (97 LS)
- An engram with a predestined outcome. Contains a new Exotic if any remain to be collected; otherwise, it contains a random piece of Exotic armor. This item can be purchase only once per week, per account.
Exotic Cipher Quest (No Cost)
- Complete strikes or win matches in Crucible or Gambit. Extra progress is awarded for more challenging activities and for succeeding with clanmates. Reward: Exotic Cipher Present it to Xûr or the Monument To Lost Lights to receive a reward. You can only hold 1 of this item at a time. (Available on a weekly cadence)
Compete in a fireteam-required event version of Elimination. Earn as many wins on a ticket as you can. Three losses and you’re out.
Ends: Tuesday, May 11 @ 10AM Pacific
Rewards (seriously, not a joke):
- 3 Wins (Powerful): Igneous Hammer – Hand Cannon
- 5 Wins (Powerful): Igneous Hammer – Hand Cannon
- 7 Wins (Pinnacle): Igneous Hammer – Hand Cannon
- Flawless (Pinnacle):
Map: Distant Shore
Callout Maps by @R3likt
- Visit the podium during this weekend’s ceremony to claim rewards for your efforts!
For more details about Guardian Games, check out the Guardian Games page.
A new exotic bundle is available now for a limited time!!
Spicy Ramen Exotic Bundle:
- Exotic Emote – Spicy Ramen
- Exotic Ship – Ikora’s Resolve
- Exotic Ghost Shell – Future Perfect
- Legendary Sparrow – Jagged Darksun
If you do not have a membership, you may start your free trial here – This link supports Kyber3000 with a credit for each sign up. (visit this page to start your free trial and support Kyber at the same time or to sign up without using a link that supports Kyber with a small commission click here).
Once you have signed up, visit this page and link your Bungie.net account to start receiving your monthly gear drops. Each drop will contain four rewards, including Exotic weapons, Ghosts, ships, Sparrows, emotes, and weapon ornaments from previous Seasons.
When a drop is available, players with Twitch Prime can claim the rewards here! Once claimed, follow a visual indicator to Amanda Holliday in the Tower’s hangar. Amanda will have the rewards available in her inventory. As long as you claim the rewards on the Twitch Prime page by 10:00 AM on the last day of the drop, the gear will still be available from Amanda after the deadline.
Still have questions? Check out Bungie’s Help article with more details on how everything works.
Source: Twitch Prime
Sequence Flourish emblem code was hidden in binary in the Season of the Splicer trailer. Thanks to many creators in the community, the puzzle has been solved and the emblem is now available to be claimed!
Emblem: Sequence Flourish | Code: 7D4-PKR-MD7
Redeem Code: bungie.net/Redeem
Notes: Once you have redeemed the code, open your collections, go to flair and then emblems, select general and it should be there (most likely on the last page).
These emblem codes should also still be redeemable, if you haven’t already redeemed them:
NEXT WEEK IN DESTINY!
- Season of the Splicer begins!
- Visit Ada-1 in the Tower to transmog your gear through Armor Synthesis.
- Defeat Belmon, Transcendent Mind in the Glassway Nightfall: The Ordeal.
- Team Scorched returns to the Crucible!
SEASON OF THE SPLICER (May 11 – Aug 24)
The Vex have plunged the Last City into an endless night, threatening the safety once found beneath the watchful presence of the Traveler. It is here, bathed in perpetual moonlight, that Ikora reveals the identity of an unlikely ally that may hold the keys to triumphing over this attack.
Goes Live: Saturday, May 22 @ 10AM PDT
The time lost Raid returns. Stored away, deep in the Vault of Glass on Venus is Atheon, Time’s Conflux. No one knows what this Vex is. Guardians must access the Vault, navigate the fractures in space and time, and terminate Atheon before it can become an unstoppable threat.
Info from: bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50325
- Seasonal Armor will be earned from Seasonal activities. You’ll also be able to guarantee pieces from these sets using Focused Umbral Engrams. Season Rank levels that once featured armor have been updated with packages of Glimmer, Legendary Shards, Upgrade Modules, Exotic Engrams, Enhancement Cores, and Enhancement Prisms. Universal Armor Ornaments will continue to be earned towards the end of the Season Pass.
- On the Seasonal Track, there will be three weapons to earn. Season Pass owners will unlock the new Exotic Sidearm on day-one of the Season as soon as they claim their first reward. Additionally, the new Shotgun and Heavy Machine Gun will be up for grabs as you level up.
- New weapons will be available through Umbral Engrams and Override completions.
- Outside of Override, there’s even more Legendary loot to claim. To start, you’ll receive a new quest to earn the Null Composure Fusion Rifle. Once the weapon is unlocked, you can collect Gambit, Crucible, and Vanguard themed weapon ornaments to further customize your style.
- There are also weapons joining the current slate of post-game rewards for Gambit, Crucible, and Vanguard Strikes. In total, there will be 12 Legendary weapons to earn — four per activity.
- For the endgame focused Guardians out there, three familiar weapons will be up for grabs. (Destiny 1 veterans among you will recall these legends in an instant.)
- Like last Season, each weapon will be on a weekly rotation in Nightfall playlists. Upping the difficulty will give you a higher drop chance as you search for desired rolls. Starting June 22, Grandmaster Nightfalls will become available, introducing Adept versions of each weapon.
Here are links to all of the images shown in GIF below:
- Seasonal Armor | Seasonal Armor
- Season Pass Weapons – Sidearm, Shotgun, and Heavy Machine Gun
- Umbral Engrams and Override Weapons
- Quest Reward – Legendary Fusion Rifle
- Gambit, Crucible, Vanguard Strike Weapons
- Nightfall Exclusive Weapons
UPDATE 3.2.0 PREVIEW
Here is a look at what’s coming with Update 3.2.0 that arrives next week:
Abilities, Aspects, and Fragments
- Colorblind Support
- Stasis abilities now have colorblind support:
- Enemy Crystals
- Enemy Squall
- Enemy Duskfield
- Enemy Bleak Watcher
- Player highlighting in the Crucible now has colorblind support.
- Stasis abilities now have colorblind support:
- Sublcass Tuning
- The freeze detonation from Silence & Squall has been reduced from 12m to 8.5m in radius.
- Enemy Squall now has a red ring to define area as it approaches.
- Shiver Strike melee energy is now refunded when Glacial Quake ends.
- Fixed an issue in which players can trigger Whisper of Torment by standing in an opponent’s Barricade.
- Bleak Watcher Aspect now grants two fragment slots.
- Chaos Reach
- Fixed an issue with Chaos Reach Super that was allowing it to penetrate some thin walls or objects enough to damage and kill opponents on the other side.
Regarding future tuning plans, Bungie also wanted to pull a word from Sandbox Discipline Lead Kevin Yanes:
Kevin: Hey all!
“The Sandbox team is working on a slew of tuning updates over the next few Seasons. We’re aware of key points of feedback in PvE and PvP. In update 3.2.0, we have a few minor changes to Stasis Hunters and some bug fixes that you see above. Here’s a quick list of some key places we’re actively looking at for the future: Stasis Freeze, Slow accuracy penalties, and Whisper of Hedrons. We will share more with you soon.”
Now, back to the patch notes preview!
Nav Mode (Menu that appears when pulling out your Ghost)
- Separated Bounties from Quests in Nav Mode.
- All Bounties now appear in Nav Mode. They can no longer be tracked as a result.
- Category switching on keyboard and mouse can now be controlled with the scroll wheel.
- Tracked Triumph now appears in its own Nav Mode category.
- Legends added to the Director Destinations tab.
- This is where you’ll find Vault of Glass in just a few weeks…
- Shortcut between HUD quest step notifications and quest details screen added for keyboard and mouse users.
- 6v6 Crucible activities have an updated intro experience.
- Cycle through your teammates to view metrics associated with the activity you’re entering.
- H.E.L.M. now appears in the Director Destinations tab (moved from Tower map) and has its own map.
- Focused Umbral Engrams and Prismatic Recaster
- Umbral Engrams now auto-decrypt when Focused via the Prismatic Recaster.
- The visual states for focusing options on the Prismatic Recaster have been streamlined to reduce visual clutter and confusion.
Glory, Valor, and Infamy
These changes are a precursor to some larger improvements planned for Season 15 (e.g., introducing Vanguard reputation, rebalancing Infamy to bring a reset in-line with Valor, and more). We’ll have more information on those changes in a few months!
- Glory, Valor, and Infamy reputations have had their internal systems rebuilt to a unified implementation. In-game, players should expect minimal perceived changes.
- Unified Glory, Valor, and Infamy rank reputation tracking.
- Before Forsaken, Glory and Valor had only Major ranks (Guardian, Brave, etc.).
- After Forsaken, Glory and Valor gained sub-ranks (Brave I, II, III) alongside Infamy. However, all the historical tracking (Lifetime Ranks) and quest usage still used the original Major ranks.
- Now, the sub-ranks are now referred to simply as Ranks, and all usage has been converted to use them where appropriate. (I.e., all lifetime values and quest targets have been multiplied by three.)
- Glory playlists no longer block Valor win streaks from declining.
- The Valor badge now appears on the Trials launch screen.
- Infamy win streak bonus is now linear (+35 points per win).
- Glory win streak bonus is now linear (+20 points per win).
- Note: With the eventual update to Vanguard reputation, players should be ready to spend their Vanguard Tokens during Season of the Splicer.
- Unified Glory, Valor, and Infamy rank reputation tracking.
- Eververse Archive Filtering
- Players can now easily filter the offerings in the Storefront Archive tab.
- Per numerous community requests, we added many Exotic weapon and armor ornaments from previous Seasons to the archive tab.
- Bright Engrams
- Spawn FX and Shaders are now standalone items in Bright Engrams.
- Bright Engrams can no longer decrypt into duplicates of these items.
- A small amount of Glimmer will be awarded when decrypting Bright Engrams.
- Spawn FX and Shaders are now standalone items in Bright Engrams.
- Momentum Control and Team Scorched have returned and will be available as part of the weekly playlist rotation.
- Added repeatable bounties to Shaw Han in the Cosmodrome.
- Fixed an issue causing Vaulted gear to erroneously drop from strike-unique loot lists.
- Added a full suite of Trace Rifle-focused armor mods to the game.
Patch notes are planned to drop, in full, around 10 AM PDT next Tuesday, right alongside the release of Season of the Splicer.
One more thing: While the following won’t happen in Update 3.2.0, Bungie has some news concerning 2018 and 2019 Solstice of Heroes Armor Glows. In the April 22 TWAB article, it was stated that glows for these armor sets would not be supported by Armor Synthesis due to technical issues. Since the new 2020 ornament mechanics were well received, Bungie was able to rework/rebuild how 2018 and 2019 glows worked to address the community’s request.
Bungie’s current plan is to make these glows into universal ornament sets like 2020 Solstice of Heroes Universal Armor Ornaments. This fix will have some limitations. These ornaments will not be updated to support Stasis, but will support Solar, Arc, or Void subclasses. In addition, the granted ornaments will be for the legendary armor set from each year only. Players who acquired any subclass type glow for that year/slot will receive the corresponding Legendary Universal Ornament for all three classes.
They are hoping to have this fix deployed by Solstice of Heroes 2021, but cannot yet guarantee the date. Stay tuned to future TWAB’s for additional information.
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
News and Updates
- May 06: This Week at Bungie – The Kell of Light Returns
- Includes info about Season of the Splicer, rewards, sandbox update preview, and a look at some adorable art!
- May 05: Artist Spotlight: Season of the Chosen
- May 04: Season of the Splicer
- Apr 29: This Week at Bungie – Returning to Glass
- Includes important info about Vault of Glass raid and Sandbox changes coming next season.
- Beyond Light: Guide | Support | Website
- Season of the Chosen: Website | Guide
- Future: Bungie’s Future Growth | Destiny 2021 Update (Witch Queen)
- Destiny 2 Known Issues | Report Issues to the #Help forum
- Find a Fireteam | Destiny 2: New Player Guide | Cross Save
Update 3.2.0 and Maintenance Timeline
Next Tuesday, May 11, maintenance for the deployment of Update 3.2.0 will begin. Below is a timeline of events:
- 9 AM PDT (1600 UTC): Maintenance begins.
- 9:45 AM PDT (1645 UTC): Players are removed from activities. Destiny 2 is brought offline.
- 10 AM PDT (1700 UTC): Update 3.2.0 will be available across all platforms and regions. Players will be able to log back into Destiny 2.
- 11 AM PDT (1800 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude.
Below are some issues that will be resolved with Update 3.2.0. A complete list will be shared when the update goes live.
- In the Warden of Nothing strike, the number of champions defeated will now track properly for each player.
- Felwinter’s Helm will no longer cause 2020 Solstice of Heroes armor glows to default to Void, regardless of the player’s current subclass.
- Players on the Moon will no longer automatically join the Hive Ritual public event and must engage in combat to join the event as intended.
- In The Disgraced strike, players will no longer be locked out of the boss room from spawning too far behind other fireteam members.
- Arcstrider Hunter’s Combat Flow will no longer fail to trigger on melee kills.
- New Light tutorial messages will no longer appear during Crucible and Gambit matches.
- In Gambit, dropped motes will no longer disappear immediately if the opposing team summons their primeval.
Dismantle Your Shaders!!
Beginning in Season of the Splicer, Bungie is overhauling the shader system and how shaders can be applied to armor. Due to the overhaul, shaders will become permanent unlocks, and all shaders in player inventories will be removed. We encourage everyone to dismantle their shaders before Season of the Splicer begins to receive Glimmer and Legendary Shards.
More information about the new shader system can be found here under: “Getting Reacquainted with Adelaide.”
Seasonal Titles and Bungie Rewards
Season of the Chosen ends on May 11. View Bungie’s Update 3.2.0 timeline below for what time it will end, and Season of the Splicer begins.
Before the Season ends, players who earned the Chosen, Conqueror, and Flawless titles should claim and equip them to ensure that they don’t get removed.
Multiple Bungie Rewards should also be earned in-game before May 11 at 10 AM PDT, and claimed on the Bungie Rewards site by May 14, 2021, at 9:59 AM PDT:
- Europa Penguin Figurine
- Chosen Seal Pin (players should equip the title to ensure that it’s earned)
- Hawkmoon Long-Sleeve Shirt
- Guardian Games Gold Medal Pin
- Guardian Games 2021 Jacket
As Bungie announced earlier, when Season of the Chosen ends and Season of the Splicer begins, Seasonal Challenges from Season of the Chosen will be retired. Any Seasonal Challenges that are required to upgrade the War Table in the H.E.L.M. will still be available to complete.
- Bungie continues to investigate issues regarding low performance on PCs.
- Season of the Chosen quests, the Hammer of Proving, and Guardian Games quests may still appear in the Seasonal tab of the quest log after Season of the Splicer launches.
- Bungie is continuing to investigate various error codes, including WEASEL and ANTEATER.
Help and Info
To stay up-to-date with gaming infographics/posts, news and updates, enter occasional giveaways and more, make sure to join Kyber’s Community Discord! As a reminder, you may always view graphics and post at kyber3000.com/Links. All graphics and posts are updated here every week so you may bookmark that link to have easy access to graphics and posts for Destiny 2.
I hope you all have a good weekend! Take Care!
🤍 FOLLOW & SUPPORT KYBER Twitter | IG | Discord | Support | Amazon | Epic Games Store Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will support me (commission is usually about 5% of the sale). You can also support me when signing up for Amazon/Twitch Prime or when purchasing eligible items using my Amazon Affiliate link. Your support is greatly appreciated, thank you!