💠 This weekend you can find Xûr hanging out at the Hangar in the Tower. Due to an ongoing issue with Trials, Bungie has cancelled it for the rest of the weekend (See Tweet). Check out the info below for a look at Xur’s Inventory, recent news, and more.
Reminder: Daylight Saving Time 2021 begins on Sunday, March 14, in the United States. The daily and weekly ritual reset will be at 10 AM Pacific (1700 UTC) while Daylight Saving Time is active from March to November. For more information, please visit the Destiny 2 Ritual Reset Guide.
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine. (Note: Xur offers random rolls on all armor.)
Departs: Tuesday, Mar 16 @ 10AM PT (Daylight Savings changes Daily and Weekly Reset to 10AM PT starting on March 14)
Where is Xur? Hangar, Tower (The green arrow below is Xur’s location)
Exotic Armor – 23 LS (Random Rolls are available)
- Hunter: Knucklehead Radar – Helmet
- Titan: Synthoceps – Gauntlets
- Warlock: Winter’s Guile – Gauntlets
Exotic Weapon – 29 LS
- Monte Carlo – Auto Rifle
- Element: Kinect | Type/Slot: Kinetic | Ammo: Primary
Exotic Engram (97 LS)
- An engram with a predestined outcome. Contains a new Exotic if any remain to be collected; otherwise, it contains a random piece of Exotic armor. This item can be purchase only once per week, per account.
Exotic Cipher Quest (No Cost)
- Complete strikes or win matches in Crucible or Gambit. Extra progress is awarded for more challenging activities and for succeeding with clanmates. Reward: Exotic Cipher Present it to Xûr or the Monument To Lost Lights to receive a reward. You can only hold 1 of this item at a time. (Available on a weekly cadence)
FESTIVAL OF THE LOST ARMOR CONCEPT WINNER
Dinosaurs Win! While #TeamDinos have won the day by a fairly significant margin (Ex: Titans voted #TeamDino at 81% to #TeamMonsters at 19%), there’s still opportunity in the future for these sweet armor ornaments to see the light of day.
NEXT WEEK IN DESTINY!
- The chase for the Conqueror Title begins when the first Grandmaster Nightfall becomes active!
- Eliminate Sepiks Prime in The Devils’ Lair Nightfall: The Ordeal.
- Update 3.1.1 goes live.
- Shaxx brings Clash to the Crucible.
Starting on March 16, Grandmaster Nightfalls become available. Here is some info about Grandmaster Nightfall to get you up to speed if you haven’t heard of them before.
- Strike difficulty is set to 1350 Power.
- Minimum Power required is 1325.
- Contest Mode is enabled, so even if you go higher than 1325, you will be capped.
- Each strike will have a specific set of modifiers to ramp up the difficulty, so make sure to inspect each one to know which Champions you’ll face, and what other challenges await you.
- One Grandmaster Nightfall will be available each week until April 20
- Starting April 20, you’ll have the opportunity to blaze through all available Grandmaster Nightfalls through a direct launch playlist.
- If you miss a week, the final three weeks of the Season are your opportunity to catch up!
This Season will also be your first opportunity to earn Adept weapons through a PvE activity. While Shadow Price, Palindrome, and The SWARM have each been available when completing lower difficulties of Nightfalls, Adept versions will only be available through Grandmaster difficulty.
These weapons grant additional stat bonuses when Masterworked, and can be socketed with Adept weapon mods. You can earn these mods in Trials of Osiris and you’ll be able to earn them through Grandmaster Nightfalls as well.
Additionally, this will be your first opportunity to earn a Gilded version of the Conqueror title. If you see someone sporting this in a few weeks, know they went through an ordeal to earn it. Well, not just one… but many.
Bungie’s current target for Destiny 2 Update 3.1.1 is next Tuesday, March 16. Here is a preview at some of the patch notes.
- Fallen S.A.B.E.R.:
- Fixed an issue where the strike Boss would not spawn until all players were alive and present.
- Improved objective waypoint behavior.
- Fixed some grammatical errors in player-directive text.
- Fixed a bug where a fireteam member entering the area late could cause the Warsat falling visual effects again.
- Fixed an issue where Zavala’s dialog in the first area could play multiple times.
- Fixed a bug where a fallen energy shield could be seen sticking out of a wall.
- Devil’s Lair:
- Sepiks Prime now has a Boss health bar.
- Fixed some floating environment objects.
- Fixed an issue where some monster spawn points looked like accessible doorways to players.
- Fixed an issue where an Overload Captain could spawn with the wrong name.
- Fixed an issue where the Fallen Walker and Fallen Brigs could respawn after they were defeated.
- Fixed an issue where physics was missing from a wall early in the strike, allowing players to get lost out of environment.
- Fixed an issue with the Linear Actuators Exotic perk for the Titan Exotic Dunemarchers, which was not triggering properly. The perk now behaves as expected, triggering on each/subsequent melee strike after an appropriate amount of sprint time.
- Font of Might no longer displays a generic “Damage Boost” string when its benefit is active.
- Fixed a bug where the Mantle of Battle Harmony and Omnioculus Exotics were not displaying their flavor text.
- Omioculus also no longer grants melee energy when making only yourself invisible under some circumstances.
- Cuirass of the Falling Star no longer grants an Overshield when used with Supers other than Thundercrash.
- Fixed an issue where flavor text wasn’t appearing for several seasonal weapons.
- Added rumble to the end of Dead Man’s Tale’s reload.
- Adjusted Riskrunner perk VFX that were causing epileptic issues.
- Reduced Arbalest’s aim assist, making it harder to hit headshots in Crucible.
- Set the Frenzy and Cranial Spike perks to use the correct buff icons.
- Fixed Ticuu’s Divination’s missing kill feed icon.
- After a few weeks of development and playtests, we also have a round of Stasis balancing slated for March 23.
STASIS UPDATE PREVIEW
Before we dive in to the patch notes, Bungie has a few words from the team to walk through the goals of this tuning pass:
“Hey everyone, Gameplay Team at Bungie here. We made some targeted changes to Stasis in Season 12 and wanted to see how they landed before making any more adjustments. Now that we’ve have several weeks of data to analyze, we’re ready to make some further changes to address additional pain points of Stasis in PVP. Our goal with these changes is to reduce some of the frustrations when fighting against Stasis subclasses in the Crucible, while maintaining their power in PvE content wherever possible. With that said, some changes required us to adjust the global behavior of some abilities. In the patch notes below, we’ve explicitly mentioned which changes will affect Crucible functionality only. We’ll be closely monitoring ability performance and feedback as Season 13 continues. Thanks for playing, and we’re excited to see how the future of Stasis unfolds.”
- Removed damage resistance from Shatterdive.
- Added a 4s cooldown between activations of Shatterdive.
- Withering Blade
- Decreased Withering Blade damage against players from 90 to 65 damage. PvE damage is unchanged.
- Decreased Withering Blade slow stacks applied to players from 60 to 40 stacks. PvE slow stacks are unchanged.
- Decreased the target acquisition range of Withering Blade after it impacts a player from 12m to 8m. Range after impacting PvE enemies is unchanged.
- Glacial Quake
- Removed AoE freeze against players on super cast. Will still freeze PvE enemies on cast.
- Reduced damage resistance while in super from 60% to 50%.
- Increased the energy cost of using Shiver Strike while in Glacial Quake from 3% to 7% Super energy.
- Using the combo of a Shiver Strike into a Heavy slam attack will now cost the full Super energy of both the Shiver Strike and the slam (previously only costed energy for the slam).
- Shiver Strike
- Increased downwards velocity applied to Shiver Striking players when they are slowed to pull them out of the air more strongly.
- Winter’s Wrath
- Improved tracking of Winter’s Wrath projectiles, now tracking strength decays from its max value over 10s instead of 2.2s.
- Increased the size of the warlock super projectile’s proximity detonation radius 1.5m – 1.65m
- The proximity detonation now starts at it’s largest and scales down to 40% over time.
- Penumbral Blast
- Decreased Penumbral Blast damage against players from 80 to 30 damage. PvE damage is unchanged.
- Iceflare Bolts
- Fixed a bug where Iceflare Bolts would continuously try to switch targets.
- Increased target acquisition range of Iceflare Bolts by 33%.
- Increased turning speed of Iceflare Bolts so they can more effectively hit nearby targets.
- Chaos Reach
- Decreased the amount of Super energy refunded when cancelling Chaos Reach early.
- Duskfield Grenade
- Reduced how strongly Duskfield Grenade pulls players inwards, effectively reducing the pull range from 9.5m to ~6m. PvE pull impulse is unchanged.
- Reduced the slow stacks applied to players by the grenade detonation from 20 to 10 stacks. Detonation slow stacks are unchanged against PvE.
- Reduced the slow stacks applied to players on each tick of the grenade from 10 to 5 stacks. Per-tick slow stacks are unchanged against PvE.
- Adjusted the UI presentation of the “Slowed” status to display Slow stacks as X/100 instead of X/10, to increase readability when adding Slow stack amounts that are fewer than 10.
- Stasis Crystals
- Reduced crystal shatter damage against players from (85 max, 55min) to (55 max, 25 min). PvE damage is unchanged.
- Whisper of Chains
- Reduced Whisper of Chains damage resistance bonus while in Super from 25% to 5%. Damage resistance when not in Super is unchanged. This only affects damage from other Guardians.
- Whisper of Torment
- Fixed a bug where players could continuously proc Whisper of Torment while standing inside an opponent’s Barricade.
- Stasis Fragment Quests
- Significantly reduced objective completion values for all Crucible fragment quests.
If any issues are found over the next week, some of these changes may be delayed to a future date. Stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates on our timelines.
Daylight Savings Reminder
Daylight Saving Time 2021 begins on Sunday, March 14, in the United States. The daily and weekly ritual reset will be at 10 AM Pacific (1700 UTC) while Daylight Saving Time is active from March to November. For more information, please visit the Destiny 2 Ritual Reset Guide.
Update 3.1.1 Maintenance Timeline
Next Tuesday, March 16, maintenance for Update 3.1.1 will begin. Below is a timeline of events:
- 9 AM PDT (1600 UTC): Maintenance begins.
- 9:45 AM PDT (1645 UTC): Players are removed from activities. Destiny 2 is brought offline.
- 10 AM PDT (1700 UTC): Update 3.1.1 will be available across all platforms and regions. Players will be able to log back into Destiny 2.
- 11 AM PDT (1800 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude.
Below are some issues that will be resolved with Update 3.1.1. A complete list will be shared when the update goes live.
- Dunemarcher’s Linear Actuator Exotic perk will now properly trigger on melee strikes, and chain to combatants, after sprinting for the appropriate length of time.
- The Double Trouble Dreaming City Triumph can now be obtained.
- The Braytech transponder signal on Europa will no longer be removed if player dies with 2/3 completed.
- Completing the Forfeit Shrine Ascendant Challenge will now grant progress towards the Ascendant Champion and Honed for Speed Triumphs.
As a result of testing being done on clans to help resolve an ongoing issue, clan XP will be temporarily disabled on Tuesday, March 16, from 11 AM PDT (1800 UTC) to 12 PM PDT (1900 UTC). During this time, clan XP from all sources (bounties, activities, etc.) will be lost and won’t count towards clan XP totals. Stay tuned to @BungieHelp on Twitter for more information.
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
News and Updates
- Mar 11: This Week at Bungie – On Edge
- Mar 04: This Week at Bungie – So Many Guardians
- Mar 03: Tales from the (Deep Stone) Crypt
To stay up-to-date with gaming infographics/posts, news and updates, enter occasional giveaways and more, make sure to join the Kyber Discord! As a reminder, you may always view graphics and post at kyber3000.com/Links. All graphics and posts are updated here every week so you may bookmark that link to have easy access to graphics and posts for Destiny 2.
I hope you all have a good weekend, take care!
🤍 FOLLOW & SUPPORT KYBER Twitter| IG | Discord | Support | Amazon | Epic Games Store Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will credit me a commission (usually about 5% of the sale). With Amazon, I will receive a commission whenever my link is used to buy items or when signing up for Amazon memberships (some things are not eligible). Your support is greatly appreciated!