💠 This weekend you can find Xûr hanging out at the Winding Cove on the EDZ and Trials is live on The Dead Cliffs. Get a more detailed look at what’s available below!
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine. (Note: Xur offers random rolls on all armor.)
Departs: Tuesday, Apr 13 @ 10 AM Pacific
Where is Xur? Winding Cove, EDZ (The green arrow below is Xur’s location)
Exotic Armor – 23 LS (Random Rolls are available)
- Hunter: Wormhusk Crown – Helmet
- Titan: Mk. 44 Stand Asides – Leg Armor
- Warlock: Felwinter’s Helm – Helmet
Exotic Engram (97 LS)
- An engram with a predestined outcome. Contains a new Exotic if any remain to be collected; otherwise, it contains a random piece of Exotic armor. This item can be purchase only once per week, per account.
Exotic Cipher Quest (No Cost)
- Complete strikes or win matches in Crucible or Gambit. Extra progress is awarded for more challenging activities and for succeeding with clanmates. Reward: Exotic Cipher Present it to Xûr or the Monument To Lost Lights to receive a reward. You can only hold 1 of this item at a time. (Available on a weekly cadence)
Departs: Tuesday, Apr 13 @ 10 AM Pacific
- 3 Wins (Powerful): Sola’s Scar – Sword
- 5 Wins (Powerful): Leg Armor: Titan | Hunter | Warlock
- 7 Wins (Pinnacle): Igneous Hammer – Hand Cannon
- Flawless (Pinnacle):
Map: The Dead Cliffs
DESTINY 2 TWITCH PRIME BUNDLE DROPS
New Exotic Bundle is Available Now for a Limited Time!!
The Huckleberry Exotic Bundle:
- Imperial Projection Legendary Ghost Hologram
- Six Shooter Exotic Emote
- Warrior’s Steed Exotic Sparrow
- The Oviraptor Exotic Ship
Sign Up: If you do not have a membership, you may start your free trial here – This link supports Kyber3000 with a credit for each sign up (visit this pageto start your free trial and support Kyber at the same time or to sign up without using a link that supports Kyber with a small commission click here).
After Signing Up: Once you have signed up, visit this page and link your Bungie.net account to start receiving your monthly gear drops. Each drop will contain four rewards, including Exotic weapons, Ghosts, ships, Sparrows, emotes, and weapon ornaments from previous Seasons.
When a drop is available, players with Twitch Prime can claim the rewards here! Once claimed, follow a visual indicator to Amanda Holliday in the Tower’s hangar. Amanda will have the rewards available in her inventory. As long as you claim the rewards on the Twitch Prime page by 10:00 AM on the last day of the drop, the gear will still be available from Amanda after the deadline.
If you have any questions or hit any snags, be sure to check the Prime Gaming Support Article on Help.Bungie.net.
If you missed the Presage Exotic Mission Developer Deep Dive or you would like to watch it again, visit the links below. To read more about Presage, check out this Bungie article.
NEXT WEEK IN DESTINY!
- Iron Banner returns!
- Enjoy boosted Valor all week long.
- Mayhem returns to the Crucible.
Starts: Tuesday, April 13 at 10:00 AM PST
Ends: Tuesday, April 20 at 10:00 AM PST
Here is a bit about what’s coming to Iron Banner next season:
Season of [REDACTED] is coming in a few short weeks, and Saladin has a few new items up his sleeve for you to earn when the new season begins on May 11.
- A familiar Hand Cannon and Sniper Rifle will be rejoining the fight, but two new weapons are also making their debut. Bungie’s goals moving forward are to continue bringing some Year-1 weapons up to speed with random rolls, but also bringing some new rewards into the fold when possible.
- Looking even further out, Bungie is planning new armor for Iron Banner. These sets won’t appear for a few Seasons.
- Aggressive (120 rpm) Hand Cannons are very dominant in PvP, and we’ve received enough feedback that we want to rein them in a bit, without completely taking away their range benefits.
- These weapons will now have damage and aim assist falloff distance reduced by between 2 and 4 meters, based on the Range stat.
- This roughly halves the range buff they received in Beyond Light.
- Vortex Frame Swords — With Falling Guillotine now viable forever, we need to adjust it a little, as its damage output is flat out higher than all other Legendary swords. With this change we allow it to keep its high damage output, but are reducing its full-reserves damage output by reducing the number of Heavy attacks you’ll be able to perform.
- Full energy Heavy attack ammo cost increased from 4 to 6.
- Chip damage — Certain weapons (Swords and Bastion) bypass shields by varying amounts, which has caused numerous issues with Stasis-encased enemies, encounter mechanics, and other content.
- We have removed chip damage from Swords and Bastion.
- Quickdraw — This perk is intended to provide faster swap speed, but it also passively buffs handling by +100. This completely negates the downside of using low-handling weapons (such as Aggressive Shotguns, Sniper Rifles, and Hand Cannons), which isn’t something we want to encourage. Those weapons should have downsides and working around those completely via a perk isn’t healthy. We don’t think allowing a fast-swap to the Shotgun subfamily with the highest one-hit-kill range is great either.
- The Handling bonus is now removed one second after switching to this weapon, or upon aiming down sights.
- Replaced Quickdraw with Surplus on new and existing drops of Felwinter’s Lie and Astral Horizon.
- Frenzy — This perk has extremely high uptime in PvE, to the point where it is clearly a better choice than most other damage perks. We like the high uptime and want to preserve that, but want it to award less damage than harder to activate damage perks
- Reduced bonus damage from +20 percent to +15 percent.
- Reservoir Burst — Now increases magazine size in addition to its other effects, reduced full battery bonus damage from 33 percent to 25 percent.
- Upcoming content requires revisiting the Power Level of a damage perk that can be activated simply by having a full magazine.
- Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more…
- The Lament — This weapon is a clear outlier for Sword damage, so for the health of Heavy weapon diversity, we’re pulling it back a bit.
- Reduced damage of revved Heavy attack by approximately 16 percent.
- Note that The Lament retains standard anti-barrier despite removing chip damage.
- Bastion — Since we’re removing chip damage, Bastion gets something else instead. We’ve noticed increased feedback on Bastion and higher than normal usage in PvP, so are making a small change here and will revisit Bastion later.
- Intrinsically staggers Unstoppable Champions.
- Increased spread angle by 13 percent.
With all balance changes, Bungie will continue to watch how they play once they’re in the wild and will look to make further adjustments based on our observations and player feedback.
Suited for Combat Seasonal Challenges
This week Bungie introduced the ninth week of Season of the Chosen Seasonal Challenges. One of the challenges, “Suited for Combat,” asked players to defeat targets anywhere in the system wearing a full set of armor, but it didn’t clarify that the armor had to be the Praefectus Seasonal armor. Only the Praefectus Season of the Chosen armor will grant progress toward this challenge.
Inactivity in Grandmaster Nightfalls
Since the Grandmaster Nightfall was introduced, Bungie noticed that some players who can’t be revived will eventually get kicked out of the activity due to “inactivity.” To mitigate this issue in future Grandmaster Nightfalls, players should open their Character or Director screens and go through their menus to avoid being removed from activity. Bungie is investigating a solution for this issue in a future Season.
Dismantle Your Shaders
Beginning in Season 14 (launching May 11), Bungie is overhauling our shader system and how shaders can be applied to armor. Due to the overhaul, shaders will become permanent unlocks, and all shaders in player inventories will be removed. Bungie encourages everyone to dismantle their shaders before Season 14 begins to receive Glimmer and Legendary Shards.
More information about our new shader system can be found here under: “Getting Reacquainted with Adelaide.”
Twitch Gift Sub Bounty Rewards
Players who purchase Twitch gift subs to progress the associated viewer bounty in the Destiny 2 Official Twitch Extension may not see bounty progress appear immediately after purchase. Players should make sure to visit Amanda Holliday in the Tower to verify whether their bounty rewards were granted prior to submitting a support ticket.
Those who continue to encounter issues with bounty rewards should view the Twitch Extension Support article.
Help and Info
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
News and Updates
- Apr 08: This Week at Bungie – Quick on the Draw
- Apr 08: Presage: Building an Omen
- Apr 01: This Week at Bungie – No Fooling
To stay up-to-date with gaming infographics/posts, news and updates, enter occasional giveaways and more, make sure to join Kyber’s Community Discord! As a reminder, you may always view graphics and post at kyber3000.com/Links. All graphics and posts are updated here every week so you may bookmark that link to have easy access to graphics and posts for Destiny 2.
I hope you all have a good weekend, take care!
🤍 FOLLOW & SUPPORT KYBER Twitter | IG | Discord | Support | Amazon | Epic Games Store Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will support me (commission is usually about 5% of the sale). You can also support me when signing up for Amazon/Twitch Prime or when purchasing eligible items using my Amazon Affiliate link. Your support is greatly appreciated, thank you!