💠 This weekend you can find Xûr hanging out at the Hangar in the Tower and Trials is live on Pacifica 🌊. Get a more detailed look at Xur and Trials below!
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine. (Note: Xur offers random rolls on all armor.)
Departs: Tuesday, Jul 20 @ 10AM Pacific
Where is Xur? Hangar, Tower (The green arrow below is where Xur is located)
Exotic Armor – 23 LS (Random Rolls are available)
- Hunter: Ophidia Spathe – Chest Armor
- Titan: Severance Enclosure – Chest Armor
- Warlock: Ophidian Aspect – Gauntlets
Exotic Weapon – 29 LS (Random Rolls are available)
- Sunshot – Hand Cannon
- Slot: Energy | Element: Solar | Ammo: Primary
Exotic Engram (97 LS)
- An engram with a predestined outcome. Contains a new Exotic if any remain to be collected; otherwise, it contains a random piece of Exotic armor. This item can be purchase only once per week, per account.
Exotic Cipher Quest (No Cost)
- Complete strikes or win matches in Crucible or Gambit. Extra progress is awarded for more challenging activities and for succeeding with clanmates. Reward: Exotic Cipher Present it to Xûr or the Monument To Lost Lights to receive a reward. You can only hold 1 of this item at a time. (Available on a weekly cadence)
Compete in a fireteam-required event version of Elimination. Earn as many wins on a ticket as you can. Three losses and you’re out.
Arrives: Tuesday, Jul 16 @ 10AM Pacific
Ends: Tuesday, Jul 20 @ 10AM Pacific
- 3 Wins/Bounty (Powerful): Igneous Hammer – Hand Cannon
- 5 Wins (Powerful): Leg Armor – Titan | Hunter | Warlock
- 7 Wins (Pinnacle): Sola’s Scar – Sword
- Flawless (Pinnacle):
Callout Maps by @R3likt
Event Ends: Aug 3, 2021
About: The Last City of humanity is built, not from iron and stone, but of heroism and bravery. Join your fellow Guardians and remember those who stood in defense of our home. Eva Levante awaits you in the Tower with words of gratitude and the promise of celebration.
- Activities: European Aerial Zone Join high-flying fireteams as you soar across the European Aerial Zone in search of glory and treasure. The sky’s the limit on how many bosses you defeat and how many caches you unlock.
- Armor: Earn class-specific Solstice armor and improve its quality by adventuring through a variety of objectives. Once fully upgraded, the armor will glow.
- Gameplay: Each day will challenge you to match your attacks to the daily element in order to charge one of four unique elemental buffs. On Prism days, all four buffs can charge but only one can be activated at a time. Choose your subclass wisely.
- Rewards: Although glowing Solstice armor does a good job of stealing the show, it isn’t the only prize to chase. There’s a new Legendary Shotgun, new Exotic Ghost Shell, new emblem, and plenty of Solstice Packages to unlock.
- Bungie Rewards: Start celebrating with earning a new emblem for completing the introductory journey. Then acquire the final Solstice armor set to unlock the exclusive 2021 Solstice of Heroes shirt for purchase. Visit bungie.net/Rewards for details.
- Eververse: Adorn any of your Legendary armor with universal ornaments that glow to match your subclass – available for Silver or Bright Dust! There are also new ships, Sparrows, and eye-catching cosmetics to collect.
NOTES: Get more details on this Solstice of Heroes page.
Info below is from this Bungie blog article.
Availability: You may donate to the Bungie Foundation’s Giving Campaign between July 7 and July 20 at 11:59 PM PDT.
By donating you are helping Bungie make an impact in each of these areas – from their iPads for Kids Program to helping communities impacted by a natural disaster, you are changing lives and proving that the Bungie community is the best there is. This has been an unprecedented year of hardships for so many around the world, including many of you. Thank you for leaning into your friendships and shared passions to lift each other up and support each other when it was needed the most. And yet, there is so much work to do. Please help out by donating today.
Goal: Bungie’s goal is to reach $777,000 by July 20. To help stay on track, Bungie will commit to having one of our Community Managers record a lore reading if we reach $500,000 by Wednesday, July 14, to be shared in This Week at Bungie the next day!
$500k Goal Met: A new Lore Reading by a Bungie Community Manager is now available for achieving the $500k challenge goal! So far this foundation has raised an incredible $625k to date, the main goal is $777, 777 (A goal I know the Destiny 2 community will surely meet!).
Rewards: To be eligible for the in-game items listed above, donations must be made to this campaign between July 7 and July 20 at 11:59 PM PDT. Unique redemption code(s) will be emailed to you on Thursday, July 29th following the completion of the fundraiser. One redemption code per item, per email for qualifying donations.
As a thank you for your donation, Bungie is excited to offer you several incredible in-game items:
$10+: 2020 “The Bungie Foundation” emblem
$25+: Above, plus the NEW “Circadian Guard” emblem
$50+: Above, plus NEW Exotic “Buoyant Shell” Ghost Shell
New Exotic Bundle is Available Now for a Limited Time!!
Merciless Exotic Bundle:
- Merciless Exotic Fusion Rifle
- Break the Dawn Exotic Ornament
- Symmetry Flight Exotic Ship
- Soul Velocity Legendary Sparrow
If you do not have a membership, you may start your free trial here – This link supports Kyber3000 with a credit for each sign up. (visit this page to start your free trial and support Kyber at the same time or to sign up without using a link that supports Kyber with a small commission click here).
Once you have signed up, visit this page and link your Bungie.net account to start receiving your monthly gear drops. Each drop will contain four rewards, including Exotic weapons, Ghosts, ships, Sparrows, emotes, and weapon ornaments from previous Seasons.
When a drop is available, players with Twitch Prime can claim the rewards here! Once claimed, follow a visual indicator to Amanda Holliday in the Tower’s hangar. Amanda will have the rewards available in her inventory. As long as you claim the rewards on the Twitch Prime page by 10:00 AM on the last day of the drop, the gear will still be available from Amanda after the deadline.
Still have questions? Check out Bungie’s Help article with more details on how everything works.
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
News and Updates
- Jul 15: This Week at Bungie – Strikes, Crucible, and Gambit – Oh My!
- Jul 15: Update 18.104.22.168 – The One About the Catalyst Competitor Triumph
- Jul 08: This Week at Bungie – Survive the Truth
- Beyond Light: Guide | Support | Website
- Season of the Chosen: Website | Guide
- Future: Bungie’s Future Growth | Destiny 2021 Update (Witch Queen)
- Destiny 2 Known Issues | Report Issues to the #Help forum
- Find a Fireteam | Destiny 2: New Player Guide | Cross Save
NEXT WEEK IN DESTINY
- Solstice of Heroes continues! Visit Eva in the Tower to get started.
- Warden of Nothing will be the Weekly Nightfall (Uzume will be the weekly Nightfall weapon next week).
- Team Scorched returns to the Crucible.
With the launch of Season 15 on August 24, Vanguard reputation ranks will be updated and no longer require the use of Vanguard Tokens.
Due to this, Vanguard Tokens will be deprecated at the launch of the Season. Players should turn in their Vanguard Tokens to Zavala to receive rewards this Season before August 24 when their Tokens expire.
Info below is from This Week at Bungie from July 15, 2021
Over the last few Seasons, Bungie has been looking to create a unified experience when playing ritual activities in Destiny 2. Starting with Crucible and Gambit, they created new vendor reputation systems and reward tracks. Here is a little bit about the updates to reputation systems overall as Bungie prepares for a future where more vendors are given similar treatment.
- In Season 15, ritual reputation systems on Lord Shaxx, The Drifter, and Commander Zavala will be known as Crucible, Gambit, and Vanguard Ranks.
- The names Infamy and Valor will be retired.
- Glory will continue to live as our competitive Crucible reputation system.
- Bungie is also introducing Trials Ranks in Season 15 — more about that in a future TWAB.
- The names Infamy and Valor will be retired.
- Bungie is rebalancing all ranking systems to have similar progression times.
- The goal is to let players reset Vanguard, Crucible, and Gambit Ranks slightly faster, on average, than Valor currently allows.
- There will no longer be ritual-specific rules that impede progress.
- Win streak bonuses will be removed, in exchange for activity streak bonuses.
- Reputation bonus weeks have been standardized to 2x multipliers when active.
- Bounties will no longer provide reputations as rewards, but primarily focus on XP.
Overall, Bungie expects two-thirds of your reputation come from simply playing activities. If you win matches in Crucible or Gambit, you’ll still reset a bit faster. As Bungie mentioned, Glory will continue to live as the competitive Crucible reputation system and will also retain win-streaks for faster ranking. Bungie does not have any specific plans to share on Glory right now, but we will be looking at opportunities in future Seasons for potential updates.
Commander Zavala is getting a full ritual reputation, like Lord Shaxx and the Drifter before him. As a note, Vanguard Tokens are being retired, so make sure to spend them before Season 15 begins.
Players may earn Vanguard reputation when completing the following activities:
For those looking to take on a challenge, Nightfalls give different bonuses based on completion medals, which can be earned through high scores and defeating all Champions. Bronze, silver, gold, and platinum medals grant reputation bonuses, and Nightfalls grant reputation multipliers depending on the difficulty of Nightfall selected. The more difficult the Nightfall, the higher the multiplier will be! Zavala will also have a full reputation reward line, similar to the ones we added for Shaxx and Drifter in Season 13. Powerful rewards will be granted every third rank, and an Ascendant Shard will be rewarded when resetting the first time.
Activity Streaks and Reputation Bonuses
As noted above, Season 15 will introduce activity streaks. The longer you stay in Vanguard activities (playlists or direct launch), the larger your streak bonus is. Guardians can leave the matchmaking queue to snag bounties from the Tower or clean out their Postmaster in the H.E.L.M. without worry of losing their activity streaks. As a note, quitting activities or going AFK for extended periods of time will invalidate your streak, so be ready to play if you’re looking to keep yours going. As with Crucible and Gambit, Zavala will be looking to host weeklong reputation bonuses throughout a given Season. Stay tuned for in-game announcements.
Seasonal Ritual Weapon Quest and Ornaments
Next Season, Bungie is moving the seasonal ritual weapon and ornaments to the reputation reward tracks of Vanguard, Crucible, and Gambit. As players increase their reputation during the Season, they’ll work towards unlocking the weapon and respective ornaments from each vendor. Bungie is also opting to update Seasonal Challenges, removing things like “In it for Infamy” in favor of challenges to earn ritual weapon rewards.
Grandmasters and Conqueror Gilding
Here are some improvements to Grandmasters, that Bungie has been making Season over Season:
- They added better Masterworking material drops, Adept weapons and mods, and title gilding.
- Seasonal Challenges and +10 Power Seasons means it has never been easier to get to the Pinnacle and Artifact Power needed early in the Season.
- The addition of a catch-up node, which currently appears during the final three weeks of a given season, helped many players conquer this aspirational content, even if they couldn’t play every week of a given Season.
Later in Season 15, Bungie is planning to make the following changes to the Grandmaster catch-up node to let players gild their title earlier in the Season, while also addressing their concerns over a single strike being a boon for high-tier rewards over the last three weeks of a Season. :
- The Grandmaster catch-up node will become available at the same time that Grandmaster difficulty is available, so long as you have the Conqueror title but have not yet gilded it this Season.
- Each Grandmaster Nightfall will be available if the fireteam leader has not completed the gilding Triumph for that strike during the Season.
- In other words, you may play each featured strike for a Season to earn your gilded title.
- Once you’ve gilded your title, the catch-up node will no longer be available.
Join Bungie on August 24 for some exciting news about the future of Destiny. For now there will be no spoilers.
Missing Solstice Consumables
Upon investigation of reports of missing Solstice Packages and Solstice Key Fragments, it was discovered that creating new characters will result in all Packages and Key Fragments being removed from players’ Consumables inventory.
Players are encouraged to not create new characters during the Solstice 2021 event while they have these items in their inventories to ensure that they are not lost. If you’re eager to create a new character, please be sure to spend all Packages and Key Fragments prior to doing so.
Second Chances Emblem
Bungie has identified an issue preventing players who completed the New Light introductory mission from receiving the Second Chances emblem from Bungie Rewards. This issue will be resolved in an upcoming update, and the emblem will become available to all players who complete or have completed the New Light introductory mission.
Bungie Store Beta New Launch Date
The new Bungie Store beta launch will now be rolling out on July 20 as Bungie prepares to transition to a new e-commerce platform. Players with existing Bungie Store accounts will be prompted to change their passwords once the beta is live. With the new store, players will be able to sign in using their Bungie.net accounts, which will make viewing, browsing, and purchasing Bungie Rewards an improved and more streamlined experience.
Please note that any generated Bungie Rewards codes for the Vault of Glass Art Print, Descendant Seal, Splintered Seal, Splicer Seal, Expunge Hoodie, and Solstice of Heroes T-shirt will no longer be valid after July 20, 2021. Players who do not purchase these Bungie Rewards before July 20 will need to sign in with a Bungie Store account linked to a Bungie.net account that has completed the appropriate Triumph(s) to purchase the associated Bungie Rewards item.
For more information, please visit the Bungie Rewards help article.
Help and Info
To stay up-to-date with gaming infographics/posts, news and updates, enter occasional giveaways and more, make sure to join us on Discord!
Have a good weekend everyone, take care!
__ FOLLOW & SUPPORT Twitter | IG | Discord | Support | Amazon | Epic Games Store Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will support me (commission is usually about 5% of the sale). You can also support me when signing up for Amazon/Twitch Prime or when purchasing eligible items using my Amazon Affiliate link. Your support is greatly appreciated, thank you! 🤍