💠 This weekend you can find Xûr hanging out in the Tower’s Hangar and Trials is live on Wormhaven. Get a more detailed look at Xur and Trials below!
*Corrected numbers for armor stats.
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine. (Note: Xur offers random rolls on all armor.)
Departs: Tuesday, Aug 03 @ 10AM Pacific
Where is Xur? Hangar, Tower (The green arrow below is where Xur is located)
Exotic Armor – 23 LS (Random Rolls are available)
- Hunter: Lucky Pants – Leg Armor
- Titan: Actium War Rig – Chest Armor
- Warlock: Claws of Ahamkara – Gauntlets
Exotic Weapon – 29 LS (Random Rolls are available)
- Telesto – Fusion Rifle
- Slot: Energy | Element: Void | Ammo: Special
Exotic Engram (97 LS)
- An engram with a predestined outcome. Contains a new Exotic if any remain to be collected; otherwise, it contains a random piece of Exotic armor. This item can be purchase only once per week, per account.
Exotic Cipher Quest (No Cost)
- Complete strikes or win matches in Crucible or Gambit. Extra progress is awarded for more challenging activities and for succeeding with clanmates. Reward: Exotic Cipher Present it to Xûr or the Monument To Lost Lights to receive a reward. You can only hold 1 of this item at a time. (Available on a weekly cadence)
Compete in a fireteam-required event version of Elimination. Earn as many wins on a ticket as you can. Three losses and you’re out.
Ends: Tuesday, Aug 03 @ 10AM Pacific
- 3 Wins/Bounty (Powerful): Helmet – Titan | Hunter | Warlock
- 5 Wins (Powerful): Sola’s Scar – Sword
- 7 Wins (Pinnacle): Arms – Titan | Hunter | Warlock
- Flawless (Pinnacle):
Callout Maps by @R3likt
Final Week – Ends Aug 3, 2021
About: The Last City of humanity is built, not from iron and stone, but of heroism and bravery. Join your fellow Guardians and remember those who stood in defense of our home. Eva Levante awaits you in the Tower with words of gratitude and the promise of celebration.
- Activities: European Aerial Zone Join high-flying fireteams as you soar across the European Aerial Zone in search of glory and treasure. The sky’s the limit on how many bosses you defeat and how many caches you unlock.
- Armor: Earn class-specific Solstice armor and improve its quality by adventuring through a variety of objectives. Once fully upgraded, the armor will glow.
- Gameplay: Each day will challenge you to match your attacks to the daily element in order to charge one of four unique elemental buffs. On Prism days, all four buffs can charge but only one can be activated at a time. Choose your subclass wisely.
- Rewards: Although glowing Solstice armor does a good job of stealing the show, it isn’t the only prize to chase. There’s a new Legendary Shotgun, new Exotic Ghost Shell, new emblem, and plenty of Solstice Packages to unlock.
- Bungie Rewards: Start celebrating with earning a new emblem for completing the introductory journey. Then acquire the final Solstice armor set to unlock the exclusive 2021 Solstice of Heroes shirt for purchase. Visit bungie.net/Rewards for details.
- Eververse: Adorn any of your Legendary armor with universal ornaments that glow to match your subclass – available for Silver or Bright Dust! There are also new ships, Sparrows, and eye-catching cosmetics to collect.
NOTES: Get more details on this Solstice of Heroes page.
The Bungie Store team has been hard at work behind the scenes making the Bungie Store a better place to shop, especially for Bungie Rewards. Existing Bungie Store customers can now reset their password and migrate their Bungie Store account to the new site. From there they can link their Bungie Store account to their Bungie.net account to view and purchase Bungie Rewards without a code.
Deadline: August 13, 11:59 PM PDT (to receive the free exclusive in-game emblem, New Blue)
When Will Emblem Codes be Sent? Emails with codes will be distributed on August 20. For those who reset their password before July 31, 11:59 PM PDT, email codes will be sent out on August 6.
Migration of accounts and orders have taken longer than anticipated to Bungie’s updated Bungie Store, resulting in players being unable to reset their passwords or locate their orders. Bungie is continuing to migrate everything over and hope to have a resolution soon. Due to these issues, Bungie is extending the deadline to receive the free exclusive in-game emblem, New Blue, to August 13, 11:59 PM PDT. Emails with codes will be distributed on August 20. For those who reset their password before July 31, 11:59 PM PDT, email codes will be sent out on August 6.
Here is what has changed or been fixed with the Hotfix that released yesterday, July 29.
An issue where the Ludomaniacal emblem did not have appropriate acquisition steps in its details has been fixed.
Vault of Glass
- Removed weapon drops from Master Vault of Glass encounter loot pools.
- Players are guaranteed to receive stat-focused armor from Master difficulty encounters.
- Master Vault of Glass loot lockouts have been separated from Normal.
- Both can now be looted independently each week.
- Drops will only be at Pinnacle Power from the first weekly clear of each encounter.
- For example, if you complete Oracles in Normal difficulty first it will award Pinnacle. If you later in that week complete Oracles on Master difficulty, it will award stat-focused armor but not at Pinnacle Power.
- Completing either encounter again after that will award Spoils of Conquest, and Masterwork Materials at Master difficulty.
Note: Timelost Weapons will still drop from the Weekly Master VoG Challenge is each week.
Armor & Abilities
- Fixed an issue where some Stasis finishers caused a slight delay to weapon readiness relative to non-Stasis class finishers.
- Fixed an issue where Boots of the Emperor’s Agent didn’t display shaders correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the Ghoyster Shell could heave horrific dead pupils in certain environments. Bungie is still recovering from this issue and apologize to anyone who may have nightmares.
Source: Hotfix 22.214.171.124 – July 29, 2021
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
News and Updates
- Aug 05: This Week at Bungie – Ability Tuning
- Jul 29: This Week at Bungie – Together, as One
- Jul 29: Destiny 2 Hotfix 126.96.36.199 – The One About Vault of Glass Loot
- Beyond Light: Guide | Support | Website
- Season of the Splicer: Website | Guide
- Next Season: What’s Coming/Changing in Season 15? | Cross-Play
- Future: Bungie’s Future Growth | Destiny 2021 Update (Witch Queen)
- Help: Destiny 2 Known Issues | Report Issues to the #Help forum
- Other: Find a Fireteam | Destiny 2: New Player Guide | Cross Save
NEXT WEEK IN DESTINY
- Iron Banner and Valor boosts return to the Crucible.
- Defeat Belmon in The Glassway Nightfall, plus all Grandmaster Nightfalls become active.
- Obtain Magnificent Armor before August 3 to be able to purchase the Solstice of Heroes T-shirt.
Next week, Lord Saladin is making another trip back to the Tower to hold his infamous tournament. This will also be a final chance for the Season to earn some Iron Banner-themed rewards. Riiswalker and Archon’s Thunder can be earned from the quest, as well as post-game drops and bounty completions. While these will continue to be available in Season 15, Lord Saladin is looking to bring a couple of new weapons into the fold, fit for an Iron Lord.
Starts: Tuesday, Aug 03 @ 10 AM Pacific
Ends: Tuesday, Aug 10 @ 10 AM Pacific
NOTE: Check out the Iron Banner page for more details.
With the launch of Season 15 on August 24, Vanguard reputation ranks will be updated and no longer require the use of Vanguard Tokens.
Due to this, Vanguard Tokens will be deprecated at the launch of the Season. Players should turn in their Vanguard Tokens to Zavala to receive rewards this Season before August 24 when their Tokens expire.
Preparing for Cross Play
Early in Season 15, Cross Play will go live. When players log in for the first time to play Season 15, the name on whatever platform they log in on will become their Bungie Name for when Cross Play goes live. Players should begin thinking about what name they’d like to use since name changes won’t be available with the launch of Cross Play.
Bungie Store Updates
Migration of accounts and orders have taken longer than anticipated to our updated Bungie Store, resulting in players being unable to reset their passwords or locate their orders. We’re continuing to migrate everything over and hope to have a resolution soon.
Due to these issues, Bungie is extending the deadline to receive the free exclusive in-game emblem, New Blue, to August 13, 11:59 PM PDT. Emails with codes will be distributed on August 20. For those who reset their password before July 31, 11:59 PM PDT, email codes will be sent out on August 6.
Bungie released Update 188.8.131.52 yesterday (July 29, 2021). It included:
- An issue that allowed a small number of players to circumvent fireteam privacy settings on Steam has been resolved.
- The eyes on the Ghoyster Exotic Ghost Shell should now be visible on all platforms.
- Master Vault of Glass loot lockouts have been separated from Normal. Both are now available independently each week. Pinnacle loot will only drop from the first weekly clear regardless of difficulty.
Help and Info
In Season 15, Cross Play comes to life! Guardians across Xbox, PlayStation, PC, and Stadia will be able to join fireteams to take on the Darkness together. Boundaries will be broken and new friendships will be forged – no matter the platform.
There are a number of improvements Bungie will be bringing to the social experience of Cross Play leading up to The Witch Queen:
- Early Season 15
- Bungie Name and Bungie Friends
- Cross Platform Invites, Multiplayer, and Matchmaking
- Player Search and Social Privacy
- Soon after launch – Cross Platform Voice Chat
- Winter – Bungie Name Changes
- Winter – Text Chat Display on Consoles
- Winter – Text Input Via USB Keyboards on Consoles
- Till We See Each Other Again, Using Cross Play!
To stay up-to-date with gaming infographics/posts, news and updates, enter occasional giveaways and more, make sure to join us on Discord!
Have a good weekend everyone, take care!
__ FOLLOW & SUPPORT Twitter | IG | Discord | Support | Amazon | Epic Games Store Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will support me (commission is usually about 5% of the sale). You can also support me when signing up for Amazon/Twitch Prime or when purchasing eligible items using my Amazon Affiliate link. Your support is greatly appreciated, thank you! 🤍