💠 This weekend you can find Xûr hanging out at Watcher’s Grave on Nessus (on Big Tree 🌳) and Trials is live on Bannerfall. Get a more detailed look at Xur and Trials below!
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine. (Note: Xur offers random rolls on all armor.)
Departs: Tuesday, Aug 10 @ 10AM Pacific
Where is Xur? Watcher’s Grave, Nessus (The green arrow below is where Xur is located)
Exotic Armor – 23 LS (Random Rolls are available)
- Hunter: Ophidia Spathe – Chest Armor
- Titan: Severance Enclosure – Chest Armor
- Warlock: Eye of Another World – Helmet
Exotic Weapon – 29 LS (Random Rolls are available)
- Skyburner’s Oath – Scout Rifle
- Slot: Energy | Element: Solar | Ammo: Primary
Exotic Engram (97 LS)
- An engram with a predestined outcome. Contains a new Exotic if any remain to be collected; otherwise, it contains a random piece of Exotic armor. This item can be purchase only once per week, per account.
Exotic Cipher Quest (No Cost)
- Complete strikes or win matches in Crucible or Gambit. Extra progress is awarded for more challenging activities and for succeeding with clanmates. Reward: Exotic Cipher Present it to Xûr or the Monument To Lost Lights to receive a reward. You can only hold 1 of this item at a time. (Available on a weekly cadence)
Compete in a fireteam-required event version of Elimination. Earn as many wins on a ticket as you can. Three losses and you’re out.
Ends: Tuesday, Aug 10 @ 10AM Pacific
- 3 Wins/Bounty (Powerful): Exile’s Curse – Fusion Rifle (Energy / Arc)
- 5 Wins (Powerful): Class Item – Titan | Hunter | Warlock
- 7 Wins (Pinnacle): Igneous Hammer – Hand Cannon
- Flawless (Pinnacle):
Callout Maps by @R3likt
Lord Saladin is back in the Tower holding his infamous tournament. This is the final chance for the Season to earn some Iron Banner-themed rewards. Riiswalker and Archon’s Thunder can be earned from the quest, as well as post-game drops and bounty completions. While these will continue to be available in Season 15, Lord Saladin is looking to bring a couple of new weapons into the fold, fit for an Iron Lord.
Ends: Tuesday, Aug 10 @ 10 AM Pacific
NOTE: Check out the Iron Banner page for more details.
GAUNTLET TABLETOP FUNDRAISER
We are excited to play games and raise funds to benefit Young Women Empowered (Y-WE) this year! Y-WE helps diverse young women from around the Greater-Seattle area to be the leaders and changemakers of tomorrow through transformative programs within a collaborative community.
This is our 7th year participating, and we are proud to be the reigning champs because of all of your continued support!
Anyone who donates $25 in a single donation to our Team Page will receive the Entre Nous emblem, distributed on Thursday, August 26th.
Note: To be eligible for the emblem, donations must be made to this campaign between August 2 and August 15 at 11:59PM PT. A unique redemption code will be emailed to you on Thursday, August 26. One redemption code will be distributed per email for qualifying donations.
Here’s a look at the emblem:
Existing Bungie Store customers can now reset their password and migrate their Bungie Store account to the new site. From there they can link their Bungie Store account to their Bungie.net account to view and purchase Bungie Rewards without a code.
Deadline: August 13, 11:59 PM PDT (to receive the free exclusive in-game emblem, New Blue)
When Will Emblem Codes be Sent? Emails with codes will be distributed on August 20. For those who reset their password before July 31, 11:59 PM PDT, email codes will be sent out on August 6.
Migration of accounts and orders have taken longer than anticipated to Bungie’s updated Bungie Store, resulting in players being unable to reset their passwords or locate their orders. Bungie is continuing to migrate everything over and hope to have a resolution soon. Due to these issues, Bungie is extending the deadline to receive the free exclusive in-game emblem, New Blue, to August 13, 11:59 PM PDT. Emails with codes will be distributed on August 20. For those who reset their password before July 31, 11:59 PM PDT, email codes will be sent out on August 6.
NOTE: Emblems are being sent out to those who have already reset their passwords before July 31.
NEXT WEEK IN DESTINY!!
- The Season Epilogue begins!
- Take down Kargen in the Insight Terminus Nightfall.
- Momentum Control returns to the Crucible.
With the launch of Season 15 on August 24, Vanguard reputation ranks will be updated and no longer require the use of Vanguard Tokens.
Due to this, Vanguard Tokens will be deprecated at the launch of the Season. Players should turn in their Vanguard Tokens to Zavala to receive rewards this Season before August 24 when their Tokens expire.
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
News and Updates
- Aug 05: This Week at Bungie – Ability Tuning
- Jul 29: This Week at Bungie – Together, as One
- Jul 29: Destiny 2 Hotfix 188.8.131.52 – The One About Vault of Glass Loot
- Beyond Light: Guide | Support | Website
- Season of the Chosen: Website | Guide
- Next Season: What’s Coming/Changing in Season 15?
- Future: Bungie’s Future Growth | Destiny 2021 Update (Witch Queen)
- Destiny 2 Known Issues | Report Issues to the #Help forum
- Find a Fireteam | Destiny 2: New Player Guide | Cross Save
In Season 15, Cross Play comes to life! Guardians across Xbox, PlayStation, PC, and Stadia will be able to join fireteams to take on the Darkness together. Boundaries will be broken and new friendships will be forged – no matter the platform.
There are a number of improvements Bungie will be bringing to the social experience of Cross Play leading up to The Witch Queen:
- Early Season 15
- Bungie Name and Bungie Friends
- Cross Platform Invites, Multiplayer, and Matchmaking
- Player Search and Social Privacy
- Soon after launch – Cross Platform Voice Chat
- Winter – Bungie Name Changes
- Winter – Text Chat Display on Consoles
- Winter – Text Input Via USB Keyboards on Consoles
- Till We See Each Other Again, Using Cross Play!
SANDBOX CHANGES COMING IN SEASON 15
Learn more about Sandbox changes coming with Season 15 in This Week at Bungie via Bungie or check out the videos below.
Starting in Season 15, Bungie’s Darkness guide on Europa, the Exo Stranger, will now reveal more information on how to complete the tasks required for earning more Stasis power. Guardians who have finished the Beyond Light campaign and visit the Exo Stranger on Europa will see the entire path for unlocking Aspects and Fragments. Additionally, many of the pre-requirements for obtaining and completing the “Born in Darkness” quest chain will be reduced or removed. Previously, Guardians needed to complete several quest chains and unlock Salvation’s Grip before Stasis would grant them additional power.
Guardians that completed the Beyond Light campaign will have immediate access to the Born in Darkness quest chain from the Exo Stranger on Europa. The Exo Stranger also reveals every unowned Fragment, regardless of progression through the “Born in Darkness” questline, giving a preview of the many powers to unlock. With these improvements to messaging, aimed at removing a lot of the mystery around powering-up Stasis, we’re excited to see more Guardians unlock Stasis’s chilling power.
Cross Play Names
After last week’s announcement about Cross Play and Bungie Names, Bungie wanted to clarify a few things:
- The display name of the first platform that players log in with to play Destiny 2 beginning at 10 AM PDT on August 24, 2021, will become the player’s Bungie Name.
- Platform ID numbers, non-standard characters, and symbols will be removed and excluded.
- If a name violates our Code of Conduct, it will be changed to “Guardian.”
- Name changes won’t be available until a later update.
- For Steam players: your Steam profile name, not your Steam account name, will become your Bungie Name.
Bungie Foundation Campaign Items
Players who donated to the Bungie Foundation’s Giving campaign and didn’t receive an email should check their spam/junk/promotions folder for the email.
If the email still can’t be found, please fill out the Missing Destiny 2 Contest Emblem form.
If players used their code(s), they can find the item(s) in Master Rahool’s inventory in the Tower.
Please be aware that we’re currently investigating an issue where the Circadian Guard emblem isn’t appearing in player Collections. Don’t worry, your emblem is still connected to your account and you’ll be able to retrieve it when Bungie issues a fix in a future update.
Claim Your Rewards
The following will reset and become unclaimable when Season of the [REDACTED] launches on August 24:
- Season 14 Bungie Rewards.
- Season 14 Seasonal Challenges.
- Vanguard Tokens – Visit Commander Zavala to turn them in.
- Valor rewards – Visit Lord Shaxx to claim these items, including engrams.
- Infamy rewards – Visit the Drifter to claim these items, including engrams.
- Splicer Servitor engrams.
- Season 13 Season Pass items on the Previous Season webpage. Make sure to check each character! Some people may have to use our Destiny Companion mobile app to claim these rewards.
Help and Info
To stay up-to-date with gaming infographics/posts, news and updates, enter occasional giveaways and more, make sure to join us on Discord!
Have a good weekend everyone, take care!
__ FOLLOW & SUPPORT Twitter | IG | Discord | Support | Amazon | Epic Games Store Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will support me (commission is usually about 5% of the sale). You can also support me when signing up for Amazon/Twitch Prime or when purchasing eligible items using my Amazon Affiliate link. Your support is greatly appreciated, thank you! 🤍