💠 This weekend you can find Xûr hanging out at Hangar in the Tower and Trials is live on Midtown. Get a more detailed look at Xur and Trials below!
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine. (Note: Xur offers random rolls on all armor.)
Departs: Tuesday, May 25 @ 10AM Pacific
Where is Xur? Hangar, Tower (The green arrow below is Xur’s location)
Exotic Armor – 23 LS (Random Rolls are available)
Exotic Weapon – 29 LS (Random Rolls are available)
- Monte Carlo – Auto Rifle
- Slot: Kinetic | Element: Kinetic | Ammo: Primary
Exotic Engram (97 LS)
- An engram with a predestined outcome. Contains a new Exotic if any remain to be collected; otherwise, it contains a random piece of Exotic armor. This item can be purchase only once per week, per account.
Exotic Cipher Quest (No Cost)
- Complete strikes or win matches in Crucible or Gambit. Extra progress is awarded for more challenging activities and for succeeding with clanmates. Reward: Exotic Cipher Present it to Xûr or the Monument To Lost Lights to receive a reward. You can only hold 1 of this item at a time. (Available on a weekly cadence)
Compete in a fireteam-required event version of Elimination. Earn as many wins on a ticket as you can. Three losses and you’re out.
Ends: Tuesday, May 25 @ 10AM Pacific
- 3 Wins (Powerful): Exile’s Curse – Fusion Rifle (Energy / Arc)
- 5 Wins (Powerful): Leg Armor – Titan | Hunter | Warlock
- 7 Wins (Pinnacle): The Messenger – Pulse Rifle
- Flawless (Pinnacle):
Callout Maps by @R3likt
Ends: Tuesday, May 25 @ 10AM Pacific
Lord Saladin is back at the Tower with bounties and a slew of pinnacle rewards. Find him up on the top level and make sure you grab the quest he is offering as well. Bungie re-enabled the Heavy weapon step and, based on player feedback, have made it much easier to complete. It only requires three Machine Gun kills now to finish.
Here is a look at some rewards (to view more visit the Iron Banner page):
- Riiswalker – Shotgun
- Finite Impactor – Hand Cannon
- Occluded Finality – Sniper Rifle
- Archon’s Thunder – Machine Gun
DESTINY 2 PRIME GAMING EXOTIC BUNDLES
New Exotic Bundle is Available Now for a Limited Time!!
Vigilance Wing Exotic Bundle:
❄Vigilance Wing – Exotic Weapon
❄Book of the Dead – Exotic Weapon Ornament
❄Ravager’s Ride – Exotic Sparrow
❄House of Light Projection – Ghost Projection
If you do not have a membership, you may start your free trial here – This link supports Kyber3000 with a credit for each sign up. (visit this page to start your free trial and support Kyber at the same time or to sign up without using a link that supports Kyber with a small commission click here).
Once you have signed up, visit this page and link your Bungie.net account to start receiving your monthly gear drops. Each drop will contain four rewards, including Exotic weapons, Ghosts, ships, Sparrows, emotes, and weapon ornaments from previous Seasons.
When a drop is available, players with Twitch Prime can claim the rewards here! Once claimed, follow a visual indicator to Amanda Holliday in the Tower’s hangar. Amanda will have the rewards available in her inventory. As long as you claim the rewards on the Twitch Prime page by 10:00 AM on the last day of the drop, the gear will still be available from Amanda after the deadline.
Still have questions? Check out Bungie’s Help article with more details on how everything works.
Source: Twitch Prime
VAULT OF GLASS RAID (Free for All Players)
Located at the Ishtar Sink on Venus. The time lost Raid returns. Stored away, deep in the Vault of Glass on Venus is Atheon, Time’s Conflux. No one knows what this Vex is. Guardians must access the Vault, navigate the fractures in space and time, and terminate Atheon before it can become an unstoppable threat.
For all of you going for World’s First I wish you the best of luck and hope everyone has a great time diving back into the Vault of Glass again or experiencing it for the first time! –Kyber (Kimberly)
Raid Race for World’s First Begins: Saturday, May 22 @ 10AM PDT
As Bungie showed back in April, there is a new title belt for players to earn. Here’s a quick recap on the rules of engagement:
- Vault of Glass will launch with Contest Mode enabled for 24 hours, starting at 10:00 AM Pacific on Saturday, May 22.
- You will need to be at 1300 Power to be at the cap for all of the encounters.
- Clearing the raid with Contest Mode active is the first step to access the new Challenge Mode in the Director.
- Completing each encounter in this newly unlocked Challenge Mode, while also finishing a curated list of Triumphs will be how a fireteam crosses the World First finish line.
- To remove the guesswork, in the Challenge Mode, your team will wipe if you fail the conditions of the Triumph during the encounter.
Here’s a link to the Bungie Help Article covering all the details. If you’re planning on going for this belt, make sure to review this content to ensure your clear is fully complete in Bungie’s logs!
*IMPORTANT NOTE: The Hunter Exotic “Star-Eater Scales” will be disabled for the first 24 hours of Vault of Glass being live. The Bungie team has discovered an issue where some abilities were being granted a bit more damage than intended.
NEXT WEEK IN DESTINY!
- Hack the Vex Network on the The Tangled Shore in the next Override!
- Uncover vulnerabilities in the Vex Network in the first weekly Expunge mission.
- Shaxx brings Mayhem to the Crucible!
- Stop Kargen in the Insight Terminus Nightfall.
Availability: May 25 through May 27
Summary: A unique Vanguard Strikes Cross Play Beta playlist will be available to all players in Destiny 2. You’ll be matchmade with Guardians playing on PlayStation, Xbox, Steam and Stadia. The Cross Play Beta will be restricted to this matchmade activity. You won’t be able to form a fireteam just yet and you won’t be able to send invites to friends.
Exclusive Emblem: “Stars Crossed”
- Any player who complete three strikes in the Vanguard Strikes Cross Play Beta playlist will be rewarded with the unique “Stars Crossed” emblem.
In the early hours of Season of the Splicer, a few of you got your first unfiltered taste of Cross Play. Even though this was caused by a bug, Bungie saw players mingling between platforms, which was awesome for Bungie! That said, they needed to smash that bug like a subscribe button to get their release back on track. While their current goal is for Cross Play to ship in Season 15, they have a list of things to do before it’s ready, one of which is a Beta starting early next week.
Yes, you read that right! You are formally invited to the Destiny 2 Cross Play Beta. This will serve as a short, sweet, and important moment in the development of this feature.
From May 25 through May 27, a unique Vanguard Strikes Cross Play Beta playlist will be available to all players in Destiny 2. You’ll be matchmade with Guardians playing on PlayStation, Xbox, Steam and Stadia. As you fight through the enemy waves of Darkness, their teams will be scouring data and preforming a multitude of actions to test the integrity of our upcoming Cross Play system.
All players who complete three strikes in the Vanguard Strikes Cross Play Beta playlist will be rewarded with the unique “Stars Crossed” emblem.
NOTE: The Cross Play Beta will be restricted to this matchmade activity. You won’t be able to form a fireteam just yet and you won’t be able to send invites to friends. Bungie is specifically targeting our matchmaking systems as Bungie preps this feature for next Season.
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
News and Updates
- May 21: Challenges XP Clarification
- May 20: This Week at Bungie – Break Glass in Case of Vex
- May 18: Update 220.127.116.11 – The One About Bleak Watcher
- May 14: This Week at Bungie – I Would Like to See The Baby
Hotfix 18.104.22.168 will go live next Tuesday, May 25, at the daily reset. Maintenance windows and expected downtime can be viewed here once they are made available.
Here is a sampling of the list of the issues being addressed:
- Completing 8 bounties for the Splicer Servitor weekly Challenge will correctly reward Pinnacle gear.
- Energy Accelerant no longer increases damage against players. Additionally, Energy Accelerant no longer increases the base damage of Symmetry, Telesto, Black Talon, and Deathbringer.
- Fixed an issue where the exotic catalyst for sidearm “Cryosthesia 77K” was incorrectly accruing progress through energy slot weapon kills.
- The Presage activity will now reward Pinnacle gear as intended.
Vault of Glass World First
Fireteams who wish to compete in the World First race for the Vault of Glass raid will be able to do so when the raid launches on May 22, 2021, at 10 AM PDT (1700 UTC).
The first Fireteam of 6 to complete the Vault of Glass raid, then complete the Vault of Glass Challenge Mode and claim the Tempo’s Edge Triumph will be declared World First by Bungie from @Bungie on Twitter after verification from our analytics team.
If a Fireteam cycled through different members during their attempt, the final 6 remaining upon the completion of the final encounter of the Challenge Mode activity where at least one member of the Fireteam claims the Tempo’s Edge Triumph will be declared the winners and be awarded raid World First title belts.
The Fireteam must loot the final chest before returning to Orbit and claim the Triumph or their finish may not be recorded. A team’s official finish will be recorded when they return to Orbit.
For more information, please visit our Vault of Glass World First Rules and Legal Terms article.
Help and Info
To stay up-to-date with gaming infographics/posts, news and updates, enter occasional giveaways and more, make sure to join Kyber’s Community Discord! As a reminder, you may always view graphics and post at kyber3000.com/Links. All graphics and posts are updated here every week so you may bookmark that link to have easy access to graphics and posts for Destiny 2.
I hope you all have a good weekend!!
🤍 FOLLOW & SUPPORT KYBER Twitter | IG | Discord | Support | Amazon | Epic Games Store Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will support me (commission is usually about 5% of the sale). You can also support me when signing up for Amazon/Twitch Prime or when purchasing eligible items using my Amazon Affiliate link. Your support is greatly appreciated, thank you!