💠 This weekend you can find Xûr hanging out at the Winding Cove on EDZ and Trials is live on Exodus Blue. Get a more detailed look at Xur and Trials below!
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine. (Note: Xur offers random rolls on all armor.)
Departs: Tuesday, Jun 01 @ 10AM Pacific
Where is Xur? Winding Cove, EDZ (The green arrow below is Xur’s location)
Exotic Armor – 23 LS (Random Rolls are available)
- Hunter: Lucky Raspberry – Chest Armor
- Titan: ACD/0 Feedback Fence – Gauntlets
- Warlock: Apotheosis Veil – Helmet
Exotic Weapon – 29 LS (Random Rolls are available)
- Sweet Business – Auto Rifle
- Slot: Kinetic | Element: Kinetic | Ammo: Primary
Exotic Engram (97 LS)
- An engram with a predestined outcome. Contains a new Exotic if any remain to be collected; otherwise, it contains a random piece of Exotic armor. This item can be purchase only once per week, per account.
Exotic Cipher Quest (No Cost)
- Complete strikes or win matches in Crucible or Gambit. Extra progress is awarded for more challenging activities and for succeeding with clanmates. Reward: Exotic Cipher Present it to Xûr or the Monument To Lost Lights to receive a reward. You can only hold 1 of this item at a time. (Available on a weekly cadence)
Compete in a fireteam-required event version of Elimination. Earn as many wins on a ticket as you can. Three losses and you’re out.
Ends: Tuesday, Jun 01 @ 10AM Pacific
- 3 Wins (Powerful): Arms – Titan | Hunter | Warlock
- 5 Wins (Powerful): Eye of Sol – Sniper Rifle (Kinetic)
- 7 Wins (Pinnacle): Helmet – Titan | Hunter | Warlock
- Flawless (Pinnacle):
Map: Exodus Blue
Callout Maps by @R3likt
DESTINY 2 PRIME GAMING EXOTIC BUNDLES
New Exotic Bundle is Available Now for a Limited Time!!
Vigilance Wing Exotic Bundle:
❄Vigilance Wing – Exotic Weapon
❄Book of the Dead – Exotic Weapon Ornament
❄Ravager’s Ride – Exotic Sparrow
❄House of Light Projection – Ghost Projection
If you do not have a membership, you may start your free trial here – This link supports Kyber3000 with a credit for each sign up. (visit this page to start your free trial and support Kyber at the same time or to sign up without using a link that supports Kyber with a small commission click here).
Once you have signed up, visit this page and link your Bungie.net account to start receiving your monthly gear drops. Each drop will contain four rewards, including Exotic weapons, Ghosts, ships, Sparrows, emotes, and weapon ornaments from previous Seasons.
When a drop is available, players with Twitch Prime can claim the rewards here! Once claimed, follow a visual indicator to Amanda Holliday in the Tower’s hangar. Amanda will have the rewards available in her inventory. As long as you claim the rewards on the Twitch Prime page by 10:00 AM on the last day of the drop, the gear will still be available from Amanda after the deadline.
Still have questions? Check out Bungie’s Help article with more details on how everything works.
Source: Twitch Prime
Availability: May 25 through May 27 (The Cross Play Beta is limited to just the designated Vanguard Strikes Cross Play Beta playlist)
Summary: A unique Vanguard Strikes Cross Play Beta playlist will be available to all players in Destiny 2. You’ll be matchmade with Guardians playing on PlayStation, Xbox, Steam and Stadia. The Cross Play Beta will be restricted to this matchmade activity. You won’t be able to form a fireteam just yet and you won’t be able to send invites to friends.
Exclusive Emblem: “Stars Crossed”
- Any player who complete three strikes in the Vanguard Strikes Cross Play Beta playlist will be rewarded with the unique “Stars Crossed” emblem.
In the early hours of Season of the Splicer, a few of you got your first unfiltered taste of Cross Play. Even though this was caused by a bug, Bungie saw players mingling between platforms, which was awesome for Bungie! That said, they needed to smash that bug like a subscribe button to get their release back on track. While their current goal is for Cross Play to ship in Season 15, they have a list of things to do before it’s ready, one of which is a Beta starting early next week.
Yes, you read that right! You are formally invited to the Destiny 2 Cross Play Beta. This will serve as a short, sweet, and important moment in the development of this feature.
From May 25 through May 27, a unique Vanguard Strikes Cross Play Beta playlist will be available to all players in Destiny 2. You’ll be matchmade with Guardians playing on PlayStation, Xbox, Steam and Stadia. As you fight through the enemy waves of Darkness, their teams will be scouring data and preforming a multitude of actions to test the integrity of our upcoming Cross Play system.
All players who complete three strikes in the Vanguard Strikes Cross Play Beta playlist will be rewarded with the unique “Stars Crossed” emblem.
NOTE: The Cross Play Beta will be restricted to this matchmade activity. You won’t be able to form a fireteam just yet and you won’t be able to send invites to friends. Bungie is specifically targeting our matchmaking systems as Bungie preps this feature for next Season.
The new Expunge mission went live this week as part of the weekly Seasonal quest. Bungie stated on the recent TWAB that they caused a bit of confusion on rewards by referring to this as a “Weekly Pinnacle Mission” and wanted to give you a better idea of what kind of sweet loot you can expect to extract from this new mission over the weeks to come.
“Mike Profeta at Bungie: With the removal of Seasonal armor in the Season Pass reward track, we still wanted to provide players with a way to earn a full set of high-stat Seasonal armor. With the Seasonal storyline quests requiring completion of Expunge each week once introduced, that felt like a great source for those armor rewards.
For the first four weeks of new Expunge missions, players should expect to earn a piece of high-stat Seasonal armor in addition to some Decrypted Data on their first time through each mission. Once players have earned their high-stat armor set by completing the first four missions, remaining weekly Expunge missions, upon first completion, will reward a Seasonal weapon with an additional perk choice in the final column instead of an armor piece.
Starting on June 15, a new Pinnacle activity challenge will roll out connected to Expunge missions, providing an additional Pinnacle reward source each week for the remainder of the Season. This coincides with an additional layer of replayability being introduced to Expunge missions along with unveiling the final three Splicer Gauntlet upgrades, which will provide additional rewards and a source of high-stat/double-perk Seasonal gear from Expunge each week for as long as the activity is available to players.”
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
News and Updates
- May 27: This Week at Bungie – Woah!
- May 25: Hotfix 188.8.131.52 – The One About Pinnacles
- May 21: Challenges XP Clarification
- May 20: This Week at Bungie – Break Glass in Case of Vex
Hotfix 184.108.40.206 will go live Thursday, June 3, at the daily reset. Maintenance windows and expected downtime can be viewed here once they are made available.
Here is a sampling of the issues being addressed:
- The Empty Tank Lost Sector will correctly reward leg Exotics when they are advertised.
- The Couturier Gauntlets will no longer obstruct a player’s view when using Bows and will appear again as intended.
- The Archon’s Thunder Machine Gun and Riiswalker Shotgun can now be acquired from Lord Saladin, Iron Engrams, Bounties, or post-match Iron Banner rewards.
A full list of patch notes will be made available when Hotfix 220.127.116.11 is released.
The following notes were missed in the original publishing of the patch notes for Hotfix 18.104.22.168 but the changes are currently live in the game. We have updated the Patch Notes and added the missing items.
- Removed Glimmer cost to apply shaders.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to use the /Join command on Steam.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Reverie Dawn armor from taking shaders.
- Reduced the kill requirements to unlock Null Composure’s Gambit ornament.
- Fixed an issue where the Contender Plate Titan chest ornament would not show up under universal ornaments for those who purchased the Guardian Games bundle.
Since the release of Hotfix 22.214.171.124, Bungie has been consistently monitoring an increase in reported BEAGLE error codes from PlayStation 5 players. While they investigate this issue, some players have reported that moving their Destiny 2 installation to an external SSD and back to the PlayStation 5 may temporarily alleviate this error.
Bungie is continuing to investigate this error code and its increased reports. Players are also recommended to keep an eye on the Known Issues article, #Help forum, and BungieHelp on Twitter for any updates.
Help and Info
NEXT WEEK IN DESTINY!
- Momentum Control makes its return to the Crucible!
- Enjoy boosted rewards and stop Protheon in the Inverted Spire Nightfall.
- Complete the Vault of Glass Raid before June 01 to be able to purchase the Raid Jacket!
Here is a look at some Stasis gameplay changes coming with Hotfix 126.96.36.199, which is planned to go live on Thursday, June 3rd.
- Reduced duration of all non-Super freezes vs. players to 1.35s.
- Note: This freeze is too short to break out of, so breaking out is now only possible when frozen by a Super.
- Reduced Special-weapon, Heavy-weapon, and Light-ability bonus damage vs. frozen players from +50% to +5%.
- No longer reduces weapon accuracy.
- Now increases weapon flinch when under fire.
- No longer suppresses class ability and air moves (e.g., Icarus Dash).
- Known issue: The Stormcaller’s Ionic Blink is still suppressed when slowed. We plan to address this in a future release.
- Reduced movement speed penalty while slowed by ~20%.
Whisper of Hedrons Fragment
- No longer increases weapon damage after freezing.
- Now increases weapon stability, weapon aim assist, Mobility, Resilience, and Recovery after freezing.
Whisper of Rime Fragment
- No longer provides overshield while in Super.
- Seeker no longer tracks targets after initial target acquisition.
- Increased arming duration before seeker spawns from 0.3s to 0.8s.
- Reduced detonation radius vs. players from 3m to 1.5m.
- Now bounces off walls and detonates on the ground.
Looking at recent gameplay data, the Behemoth generally has the highest win rate of any subclass in most 6v6 game modes and is also among the strongest in 3v3 modes. In Trials of Osiris matches, for example, only top-tree Dawnblade has a higher win rate. We’ve taken these strengths into account when balancing the Behemoth’s abilities. Between Shiver Strike and Cryoclasm, the Behemoth has incredibly high mobility, making targeting the Behemoth frustrating for controller players in particular. We’ve taken steps to make the Behemoth more targetable while moving, which should hopefully alleviate some of this frustration.
- Reduced flight speed and distance.
- Reduced knockback vs. players.
- Removed slow detonation on player impact.
- Now requires the Titan to sprint for 1.25s before activation when not in Super.
- Removed cooldown.
Howl of the Storm
- Reduced angle of initial freezing/damage cone.
- Reduced crystal-creation freezing radius.
- Slowed down sequence of crystal formation to allow victims more opportunity to escape.
- Now spawns a small crystal on walls if performed into walls.
- Reduced heavy slam vertical freeze range vs. players.
- Reduced damage resistance from 50% to 47%.
The Revenant’s Crucible win rate, kills per minute, and average efficiency is generally within the top six of all subclass trees, but its usage rate is incredibly high. In Trials of Osiris matches, it has the fifth-highest win rate of any subclass tree, but is used by a whopping 36% of Trials players. This high usage means players fall victim to its abilities more often, multiplying the frustration of being slowed by Withering Blade and Winter’s Shroud. We hope that the changes we’ve made to being slowed, paired with the adjustments to the Revenant’s abilities, make this experience better.
- Reduced slow duration vs. players from 2.5s to 1.5s.
- Reduced Whisper of Durance slow-duration extension vs. players from 2s to 0.5s.
- Reduced damage vs. players from 65 to 45 (after one bounce reduced further to 30).
- Reduced projectile speed by 10%.
- Reduced tracking after bouncing off a wall.
- Reduced slow duration vs. players from 2.5s to 1.5s.
- Reduced Whisper of Durance slow-duration extension vs. players from 2s to 0.5s.
Touch of Winter
- Coldsnap seeker no longer has increased movement speed or travel distance.
- Coldsnap seeker now spawns a small Stasis crystal on detonation.
The Shadebinder’s Crucible performance is generally within the top ten of all subclass trees. In Trials of Osiris matches, it had the 9th highest win rate of all subclass trees. (BTW – I’m pulling all this data from the weekend of 5/14/21, but it generally doesn’t deviate much between weekends. VOG launch weekend shook things up a bit though.) While the Shadebinder may not be the most powerful in competitive play, being frozen by its abilities takes a large emotional toll on the victim. We’ve adjusted Penumbral Blast to require more accuracy vs. players in order to turn this ability into more of a skill shot given its powerful effects.
- Reduced tracking and proximity detonation size and tracking vs. players.
- Reduced freeze radius vs. players when impacting the environment from 2.7m to 1.5m.
- Seeker now only chains once when spawned from a player shatter.
- Freezing-projectile tracking strength now ramps down to 0 after 2s of flight.
To stay up-to-date with gaming infographics/posts, news and updates, enter occasional giveaways and more, make sure to join Kyber’s Community Discord! As a reminder, you may always view graphics and post at kyber3000.com/Links. All graphics and posts are updated here every week so you may bookmark that link to have easy access to graphics and posts for Destiny 2.
I hope you all have a good weekend!!
Note: This year I plan on donating at least $50 to the GCX + Bungie Charity for St. Jude on behalf of our community (I plan to giveaway the emblem if it is in the form of a code, if it goes directly to my account then I will not be able to do that but will giveaway a different one in its place). Stay tuned for more details next month!
EPIC GAMES MEGA SALE 2021
Save up to 75% on select games and get your Epic Coupon! Sale ends June 17. Sign in to your Epic Games account, click ‘GET MY EPIC COUPON’ to claim one $10 Epic Coupon. Save on all titles $14.99 or more!
Note: Enter creator tag Kyber3000 at checkout on the Epic Games Store if you’d like to support me when buying games online. I will get a small commission anytime you (supporters) use my creator code/tag. Your support is appreciated very much, thank you!!
🤍 FOLLOW & SUPPORT KYBER Twitter | IG | Discord | Support | Amazon | Epic Games Store Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will support me (commission is usually about 5% of the sale). You can also support me when signing up for Amazon/Twitch Prime or when purchasing eligible items using my Amazon Affiliate link. Your support is greatly appreciated, thank you!