💠 This weekend you can find Xûr hanging out on the Big Tree located at Watcher’s Grave, Nessus and Trials is live on Twilight Gap, with Adept Sola’s Scar as the Flawless Weapon. Check out the article below for a more detailed look at Xûr’s Inventory, Trials, and more!
XÛR, AGENT OF THE NINE
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine. (Note: Xur offers random rolls on Exotic Armor meaning the stats/numbers are different with each purchase. Legendary weapon/armor stays the rolls that it shows but change every time Xur arrives.)
Departs: Tuesday, Jan 25 @ 9AM PST
Where is Xur? Watcher’s Grave, Nessus
Exotic Armor (23 LS)
Exotic Weapon (29 LS)
|Telesto||Energy Fusion Rifle|
Legendary Weapons (50 LS + 1k Glimmer)
|Name||Type||Perks||Grade on light.gg|
|Enigma’s Draw||Primary Sidearm||Frame: Precision|
Perk 1: Triple Tap
Perk 2: Elemental Capacitor
|Seventh Seraph SI-2||Energy Sidearm||Frame: Lightweight|
Perk 1: Field Prep
Perk 2: Snapshot Sights
|Night Watch||Primary Scout Rifle||Frame: Lightweight|
Perk 1: Threat Detector
Perk 2: Explosive Payload
|Wishbringer||Energy Shotgun||Frame: Rapid-Fire Frame|
Perk 1: Pulse Monitor
Perk 2: Snapshot Sights
|Toil and Trouble||Primary Shotgun||Frame: Aggressive |
Perk 1: Field Prep
Perk 2: Rampage
|Interference VI||Heavy Grenade Launcher||Frame: Adaptive |
Perk 1: Field Prep
Perk 2: Threat Detector
|Stars in Shadow||Energy Pulse Rifle||Frame: High-Impact |
Perk 1: Outlaw
Perk 2: Headseeker
Legendary Armor (50 LS + 1k Glimmer)
Armor This Weekend: Xur is selling old Menagerie (Opulent) Armor sets.
|Opulent Stalker Grips||Hunter Gauntlets|
|Opulent Stalker Vest||Hunter Chest Armor|
|Opulent Stalker Cloak||Hunter Hunter Cloak|
|Opulent Stalker Mask||Hunter Helmet|
|Opulent Stalker Strides||Hunter Leg Armor|
|Opulent Scholar Hood||Warlock Helmet|
|Opulent Scholar Gloves||Warlock Arms|
|Opulent Scholar Robes||Warlock Chest Armor|
|Opulent Scholar Boots||Warlock Leg Armor|
|Opulent Scholar Bond||Warlock Bond|
|Opulent Duelist Helm||Titan Helmet|
|Opulent Duelist Gauntlets||Titan Arms|
|Opulent Duelist Plate||Titan Chest Armor|
|Opulent Duelist Greaves||Titan Leg Armor|
|Opulent Duelist Mark||Titan Mark|
NOTE: View armor stats at light.gg or via the Bungie companion app if they have not been added to this page (images of armor and weapons will be uploaded below ASAP every Friday),
Exotic Engram (97 LS)
- An engram with a predestined outcome. Contains a new Exotic if any remain to be collected; otherwise, it contains a random piece of Exotic armor. This item can be purchase only once per week, per account.
Exotic Cipher Quest (No Cost)
- Complete strikes or win matches in Crucible or Gambit. Extra progress is awarded for more challenging activities and for succeeding with clanmates. Reward: Exotic Cipher Present it to Xûr or the Monument To Lost Lights to receive a reward. You can only hold 1 of this item at a time. (Available on a weekly cadence)
This is a 3v3 competitive crucible activity only available from Friday until Reset every weekend! Matchmaking is available! Earn exclusive rewards in Trials of Osiris by defeating other Guardians in this weekly Elimination playlist.
Ends: Tuesday, Jan 25 @ 9AM PT
Modes Available: Trials of Osiris
Map: Twilight Gap
Weekly Flawless Reward: Sola’s Scar – Adept Sword (Kinetic) (Random Rolls)
Rank Up Weapons (no reset)
- Rank 10: Eye of Sol – Sniper Rifle (Changes to Messenger Pulse Rifle after one reset)
- Perks: Firmly Planted and Snapshot Sights
- Rank 17: Igneous Hammer – Hand Cannon (Changes to Sola’s Scar Sword after one reset)
- Perks: Outlaw and Snapshot Sights
Rank Up Weapons (with 1 Reset)
- Rank 10: The Messenger – Pulse Rifle (Changes to Shayura’s Wrath with another reset)
- Perks: …
- Rank 16: Sola’s Scar – Sword (Changes to Reed’s Regret with another reset)
- Perks: …
Rank Up Weapons (with 2 Resets)
- Rank 10: Shayura’s Wrath – Submachine Gun
- Perks: Quickdraw and Celerity
- Rank 16: Reed’s Regret – Linear Fusion Rifle
- Perks: Hip-Fire Grip and Celerity
View Callout Maps by @R3likt
Players with an active Prime Gaming membership can now earn in-game Exotic Gear Drops in Destiny 2. Each drop will contain four rewards, including Exotic weapons, Ghosts, ships, Sparrows, and weapon ornaments from previous Seasons. If you do not have a membership, you may start your free trial here (*This link supports Kyber3000 with a small commission for each sign up). You may visit this page to start your free trial and support Kyber at the same time or here is a non-affiliate link).
Pyrrhic Victory Exotic Bundle Available Now
- Pyrrhic Victory – Exotic Emote
- Hissing Silence – Exotic Ghost Shell
- Another Inspired Idea – Exotic Sparrow
- Astera Blade – Legendary Ship
Once you have signed up for Prime Gaming and have connected your accounts, you can claim your Destiny 2 Exotic Gear Drops every month on the Destiny 2 Prime Gaming website.
After claiming your drop, log into Destiny 2 and visit Amanda Holliday in the Tower’s Hangar where you will be able to claim your rewards from her inventory screen.
You will have until the 10 AM Pacific on the last day of the drop to claim the rewards on Destiny 2 Prime Gaming website.
Where do I get my Destiny 2 Prime Gaming Bundle?
- Your claimed drop will be available from Amanda Holliday in The Tower next time you log in to Destiny 2.
- Additional drops will be available to claim as long as you remain an Amazon Prime member.
- Note: New players will need to complete the game introduction prior to receiving in-game content.
- If you’re unable to receive your content, see the FAQs for more detail.
- If you claim a reward on a wrong account, you will be unable to reclaim that reward.
- Additionally, if you use Amazon Prime Household Sharing, only ONE person will be able to claim a reward.
Still have questions? Check out Bungie’s Help article for more details on how everything works.
- Devils’ Lair will be the weekly Nightfall.
- Earn bonus Gambit ranks all week long!
- Team Scorched returns to the Crucible.
Launch Date: March 5, 2022 at 10 AM Pacific (18:00 UTC)
|NOTE FROM TWAB: Bungie will have additional details on Contest Mode, Bungie Rewards, and other need-to-know information closer to the date.|
SEASON 16 POWER LEVELS
Here is what each of the power level bands will be starting on February 22, 2022:
|Floor (1350)||The lowest possible Power for a piece of gear; starting point for new characters.||Any player who signs in will be at appropriate Power levels to start the Witch Queen campaign, even if they’ve taken a recent break from the game. Through general gameplay, players can reach the soft cap of 1500 by earning general gear through activity completions, chests, and more. This includes Rare and Legendary drops.|
|Soft Cap (1500)||The point at which general drops stop being automatic upgrades; Powerful gear drops are now the best way to gain Power.||Once reaching the soft cap, players will need to earn Powerful drops from vendor challenges and other objectives in the game.|
|Power Cap (1550)||Power cap – The point at which Powerful drops stop being upgrades; Pinnacle gear drops are now the only way to gain Power.||Once reaching the Power cap of 1550, the only upgrades that players will find are from endgame activities that offer Pinnacle rewards.|
|Hard Cap (1560)||Max possible Power from Pinnacle drops (ignoring Artifact Power).||Once reaching the Power cap of 1550, the only upgrades that players will find are from endgame activities that offer Pinnacle rewards. Your final stretch to the hard cap of 1560 will be through raids, Trials of Osiris, Iron Banner, and other endgame PvE sources.|
Beginning in The Witch Queen, blue (Rare) rewards will stop dropping from playlist activities (Crucible, Strikes, Gambit, etc.) once players have reached the soft cap. Players above the soft cap (1500 Power in The Witch Queen) will instead see a slightly increased chance at receiving Legendary rewards from these activities, or a small amount of Legendary Shards.
Blue weapons and armors will continue to drop from enemies and ches
ts while playing Destiny 2, but Bungie is hoping that this will reduce the need for players to manage their inventories and reduce the frequency of visits to the Postmaster when running playlist activities.
- Banshee-44 is getting a new reputation system that matches the other vendors in the Tower, such as Zavala and Shaxx. This means we are removing some of the items that were previously associated with Gunsmith Reputation, namely Gunsmith Materials and Weapon Telemetries.
- Players will now earn Reputation Rank progress with Banshee-44 when dismantling Legendary and Exotic weapons and armor or by completing daily Gunsmith bounties.
|NOTE: Players will want to spend their Gunsmith Materials and Weapon Telemetries at Banshee-44 before February 22, 2022. Any materials that are not spent will be removed from inventory automatically.|
Mods & Mod Components
- Bungie is removing Mod Components from the game.
- Starting in The Witch Queen, weapon and armor mods sold by Banshee-44 and Ada-1 respectively will no longer require Mod Components to purchase and will instead cost 10,000 Glimmer each. The number of mods available on each vendor at a single time will be increased from two to four.
All Ghost Mods that generated Weapon Telemetries will be removed, as they no longer serve a purpose.
These mods are:
- Arc Analyzer
- Solar Analyzer
- Void Analyzer
- Banshee Special
Rahool’s Taking Over
Master Rahool will be inheriting Spider’s material exchange duties in The Witch Queen. Exchange rates should match what you know from Spider (for now), but these services are being shifted to the Tower as the Tangled Shore will soon be off limits to Guardians.
In addition, Rahool will also be picking up some of the wares that Banshee-44 and Ada-1 once offered, specifically the sale of Enhancement Prisms and Ascendant Shards. As noted above, this makes space for more mods to be available for purchase during a given week. Rahool will offer these materials at the same price as Banshee-44 and Ada-1 once sold them.
- 10 Enhancement Cores
- 25 Planetary Materials
- 10,000 Glimmer
- 10 Enhancement Prisms
- 100 Planetary Materials
- 50,000 Glimmer
Master Rahool will also be able to decrypt Umbral engrams, so players will not have to hop between the H.E.L.M. and the Tower to decrypt all of the engrams in their inventory. Focusing for individual Seasonal weapons and armor will live on Seasonal Vendors in the H.E.L.M. moving forward, so if you want to focus on a specific weapon from a given Season, you’ll still need to head to the H.E.L.M. for decryption.
Hawkmoon & Dead Man’s Tale
As of February 22, 2022, the Harbinger and Presage Exotic missions will no longer be accessible. These two weapons will show up as part of Xur’s inventory each weekend.
Every week Xur will offer a unique roll for both Hawkmoon and Dead Man’s Tale, and will be purchasable to all players that own Beyond Light for the following materials:
- 1 Ascendant Shard
- 1 Exotic Cipher
- 125,000 Glimmer
- 200 Legendary Shards
What about those Exotic Catalysts?
The Hawkmoon, DMT, and Ager’s Scepter catalysts will be moved to the playlist activity (Strikes, Crucible, Gambit) completions. In addition to these three, we have also added the ability for three catalysts that have been absent from Destiny 2 to drop from playlist activities as well.
The full list:
- Dead Man’s Tale
- Ager’s Scepter
- Outbreak Perfected
- Whisper of the Worm
- The Fourth Horseman
Outbreak Perfected and Whisper of the Worm have both had the requirements for completing their catalyst updated so that they can be completed without access to their original activities.
Here is a what is being removed at the end of Season 15.
- Iron Banner bounties will not be removed at the end of the Season.
- Bounties acquired and completed at any point during this Season will be retained after The Witch Queen releases.
- Note: Bounties retained from Season of the Lost will be capped at 1350 Power and not give players any bonus Power next Season upon redemption.
- Additional note: These bounties will be removed at the end of Season 16, as Saladin will be taking his turn in our rollout of vendor reworks.
- Final note, because I have you here: Our final Iron Banner of the season will be during the final week of Season of the Lost.
- Seasonal bounties related to Season of the Hunt, Season of the Chosen, Season of the Splicer, and Season of the Lost will be removed at the end of the Season.
- Bounties from the Tangled Shore destination will be removed at the end of the Season.
- Some daily bounties from general activities or destinations may be removed depending on objective or reward balancing on a per-bounty basis.
- Example: A handful of Drifter and Gunsmith bounties are being looked at alongside some vendor work.
- Note: Oh dear, did we just confirm the Drifter is getting a pass? Well… that shouldn’t be a surprise. We are tinkering with Gambit in Season 16. More on that in a future TWAB.
Rule of thumb: If you do not want to lose your rewards, it is highly recommend that you turn in your bounties before a new year of Destiny content hits the servers.
Hotfix 18.104.22.168 Resolved Issues
This week, Hotfix 22.214.171.124 was released to the world. This hotfix resolved several issues including:
- Ornaments can now be equipped on the Wish-Ender Exotic Bow.
- In the Grasp of Avarice dungeon, players will no longer be trapped outside the encounter if they are dead outside the crystal tunnel when the encounter begins.
- In the Grasp of Avarice dungeon, the damage phase with the Ogre boss will now consistently start after depositing enough cursed engrams.
- Bungie has reverted colorblind settings made in Hotfix 126.96.36.199 and they will be looking into making updates to colorblind settings in a future update.
- When first spawning into an area or activity, Hand Cannons sometimes don’t have ammo.
- The Dares of Eternity’s game streak now gives a maximum of 125 points per completion.
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
News and Updates
- Jan 20: This Week at Bungie – Junk Mail
- Jan 20: Destiny 2 Hotfix 188.8.131.52 – The One About A Handful of Activity Fixes
- Beyond Light: Guide | Support | Website
- Season of the Lost: Website | Support | FAQ | Info Page
- Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack: Info Page | Official Website
- The Witch Queen (Releases Feb 22): Website | Support
- Destiny Content Vault: Forsaken Update
- More: Cross Play Info | 30th Anniversary | Destiny 2 Showcase Recap
- Help: Destiny 2 Known Issues | Report Issues to the #Help forum
- Other: Find a Fireteam | Destiny 2: New Player Guide | Cross Save
February 22, 2022: The Witch Queen Arrives!!
To stay up-to-date with gaming infographics/posts, news and updates, enter occasional giveaways and more, make sure to join us on Discord!
Have a good weekend, take care!
FOLLOW & SUPPORT
Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will support me (commission is usually about 5% of the sale). You can also support me when signing up for Amazon/Twitch Prime or when purchasing eligible items using my Amazon Affiliate link. Your support is greatly appreciated, thank you! 🤍