💠 This weekend you can find Xûr hanging out at the Tower’s Hangar and Trials is live on Javelin-4, with Adept Shayura’s Wrath as the Flawless Weapon. Check out the article below for a more detailed look at Xûr’s Inventory, Trials, and more!
XÛR, AGENT OF THE NINE
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine. (Note: Xur offers random rolls on Exotic Armor meaning the stats/numbers are different with each purchase. Legendary weapon/armor stays the rolls that it shows but change every time Xur arrives.)
Departs: Tuesday, Feb 01 @ 9AM PST
Where is Xur? Hangar, Tower
Exotic Armor (23 LS)
Exotic Weapon (29 LS)
|Two-Tailed Fox||Heavy Rocket Launcher|
Legendary Weapons (50 LS + 1k Glimmer)
|Name||Type||Perks||Grade on light.gg|
|Seventh Seraph SI-2||Energy Sidearm||Frame: |
|Night Watch||Primary Scout Rifle||Frame: |
|Nature of the Beast||Energy Hand Cannon||Frame: |
|Wishbringer||Energy Shotgun||Frame: |
|First In, Last Out||Energy Shotgun||Frame: |
|Falling Guillotine||Heavy Sword||Frame: |
|The Third Axiom||Energy Pulse Rifle||Frame: |
Legendary Armor (50 LS + 1k Glimmer)
Armor This Weekend: Xur is selling Season of Dawn Seasonal (Righteous) Armor
|Righteous Mask||Hunter Helmet|
|Righteous Grips||Hunter Arms|
|Righteous Vest||Hunter Chest Armor|
|Righteous Strides||Hunter Legs|
|Righteous Cloak||Hunter Cloak|
|Righteous Hood||Warlock Helmet|
|Righteous Gloves||Warlock Arms|
|Righteous Robes||Warlock Chest Armor|
|Righteous Boots||Warlock Leg Armor|
|Righteous Bond||Warlock Bond|
|Righteous Helm||Titan Helmet|
|Righteous Gauntlets||Titan Arms|
|Righteous Plate||Titan Chest Armor|
|Righteous Greaves||Titan Leg Armor|
|Righteous Mark||Titan Mark|
NOTE: View armor stats at light.gg or via the Bungie companion app if they have not been added to this page (images of armor and weapons will be uploaded below ASAP every Friday),
Exotic Engram (97 LS)
- An engram with a predestined outcome. Contains a new Exotic if any remain to be collected; otherwise, it contains a random piece of Exotic armor. This item can be purchase only once per week, per account.
Exotic Cipher Quest (No Cost)
- Complete strikes or win matches in Crucible or Gambit. Extra progress is awarded for more challenging activities and for succeeding with clanmates. Reward: Exotic Cipher Present it to Xûr or the Monument To Lost Lights to receive a reward. You can only hold 1 of this item at a time. (Available on a weekly cadence)
This is a 3v3 competitive crucible activity only available from Friday until Reset every weekend! Matchmaking is available! Earn exclusive rewards in Trials of Osiris by defeating other Guardians in this weekly Elimination playlist.
Ends: Tuesday, Feb 01 @ 9AM PT
Modes Available: Trials of Osiris
Weekly Flawless Reward: Adept Shayura’s Wrath Submachine Gun (Random Rolls)
Rank Up Weapons (no reset)
- Rank 10: Eye of Sol – Sniper Rifle (Changes to Messenger Pulse Rifle after one reset)
- Perks: Surplus and Wellspring
- Rank 17: Igneous Hammer – Hand Cannon (Changes to Sola’s Scar Sword after one reset)
- Perks: Overflow and One for All
Rank Up Weapons (with 1 Reset)
- Rank 10: The Messenger – Pulse Rifle (Changes to Shayura’s Wrath with another reset)
- Perks: …
- Rank 16: Sola’s Scar – Sword (Changes to Reed’s Regret with another reset)
- Perks: …
Rank Up Weapons (with 2 Resets)
- Rank 10: Shayura’s Wrath – Submachine Gun
- Perks: Tunnel Vision and Elemental Capacitor
- Rank 16: Reed’s Regret – Linear Fusion Rifle
- Perks: Hip-Fire Grip and Celerity
View Callout Maps by @R3likt
Players with an active Prime Gaming membership can now earn in-game Exotic Gear Drops in Destiny 2. Each drop will contain four rewards, including Exotic weapons, Ghosts, ships, Sparrows, and weapon ornaments from previous Seasons. If you do not have a membership, you may start your free trial here (*This link supports Kyber3000 with a small commission for each sign up). You may visit this page to start your free trial and support Kyber at the same time or here is a non-affiliate link).
Pyrrhic Victory Exotic Bundle Available Now
- Pyrrhic Victory – Exotic Emote
- Hissing Silence – Exotic Ghost Shell
- Another Inspired Idea – Exotic Sparrow
- Astera Blade – Legendary Ship
Once you have signed up for Prime Gaming and have connected your accounts, you can claim your Destiny 2 Exotic Gear Drops every month on the Destiny 2 Prime Gaming website.
After claiming your drop, log into Destiny 2 and visit Amanda Holliday in the Tower’s Hangar where you will be able to claim your rewards from her inventory screen.
You will have until the 10 AM Pacific on the last day of the drop to claim the rewards on Destiny 2 Prime Gaming website.
Where do I get my Destiny 2 Prime Gaming Bundle?
- Your claimed drop will be available from Amanda Holliday in The Tower next time you log in to Destiny 2.
- Additional drops will be available to claim as long as you remain an Amazon Prime member.
- Note: New players will need to complete the game introduction prior to receiving in-game content.
- If you’re unable to receive your content, see the FAQs for more detail.
- If you claim a reward on a wrong account, you will be unable to reclaim that reward.
- Additionally, if you use Amazon Prime Household Sharing, only ONE person will be able to claim a reward.
Still have questions? Check out Bungie’s Help article for more details on how everything works.
- Proving Grounds will be the weekly Nightfall.
- Trials Labs returns alongside bonus Trials ranks.
- All GM Nightfalls will be available!
- Showdown returns to the Crucible.
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
News and Updates
- Jan 28: This Week at Bungie – The One Where Things Get A Little Prettier
- Jan 28: Destiny 2 Hotfix 220.127.116.11
- Jan 20: This Week at Bungie – Junk Mail
- Beyond Light: Guide | Support | Website
- Season of the Lost: Website | Support | FAQ | Info Page
- Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack: Info Page | Official Website
- The Witch Queen (Releases Feb 22): Website | Support
- Destiny Content Vault: Forsaken Update
- More: Cross Play Info | 30th Anniversary | Destiny 2 Showcase Recap
- Help: Destiny 2 Known Issues | Report Issues to the #Help forum
- Other: Find a Fireteam | Destiny 2: New Player Guide | Cross Save
Since the Bungie Name feature went live, players have been asking when they can change their name. Bungie is investigating a way for players to change their Bungie Name in a future update and are currently targeting a date close to The Witch Queen’s launch date.
Upon an investigation into a player’s real name being used for their Bungie Name, Bungie has determined that this issue occurs when a player sets up a Steam account with an email containing their name, doesn’t change their Steam account name upon activation so it takes on the email address name, and then doesn’t add in a Steam display name. If Steam doesn’t have a display name, our Bungie Name feature will take Steam’s account name to use as a Bungie Name instead.
Claim Rewards Before February 12
Player should claim the following rewards before The Witch Queen launches on February 22, otherwise, they will be lost:
- Bungie Rewards
- Season Pass Items
- Shaxx Crucible Rewards
- Drifter Gambit Rewards
- Zavala Vanguard Rewards
- Season Vendor’s Rewards
- Gunsmith Reputation Items
- Seasonal Seals and Rewards
Certain seasonal seal/title triumphs and rewards require multiple weeks to fully complete, so players who want to obtain those rewards should begin the process of unlocking them this week. For activities, rewards, quests, and more that are entering the Destiny Content Vault, please click here.
February 22, 2022: The Witch Queen Arrives!!
Here is a look at changes coming next season for Ritual Reputations, Trials, and Nightfalls. Information below is from the This Week at Bungie article posted on January 27, 2022.
- For Season 16, expect increased Vanguard reputation on completion, activity streak amounts, Nightfall multipliers, and Nightfall completion quality bonuses. Vanguard reputation gain should be approximately twice as fast for most players, with the ability to optimize even faster by playing higher difficulty Nightfalls and utilizing the activity streak more.
- Bungie has added a small amount of Trials Reputation at match-end for every round won in that match, which increases based on how many ticket wins a player has. At the top end, each round won awards 21 reputation (up to 105 extra reputation a match). This ideally speeds up Trials reputation gain by 50 percent or more for players who do not regularly reset their ticket in an attempt to go Flawless. While Bungie was not able to give an accelerated reputation gain for higher ranks in The Witch Queen for technical reasons, look for more news on that sometime later in the year!
Here’s a quick preview of a returning Trials reward for next Season (The Summoner Auto Rifle). There’s another weapon, but Bungie wants to leave that for you to discover when Trials returns in The Witch Queen.
What’s Not Changing Yet?
- Crucible Reputation
- Bungie Comments in TWAB Regarding This: “We are happy with the speed of Crucible reputation gain, though we may look at this again alongside Iron Banner vendor changes in the future.”
- Gambit Reputation
- Bungie Comments in TWAB Regarding This: “Gambit reputation gain was about 30 percent slower than desired, but with the Gambit revamp coming in The Witch Queen, we would like a full Season to analyze playstyles and patterns before making any changes. More details on that coming in a future TWAB (oh yeah, that’s right – we hit with you that anticipation).”
- Activity Streak System and Placement of the Ritual Weapon Ornaments
- Bungie Comments in TWAB Regarding This: “We have heard your feedback on it, and don’t believe it is currently meeting our design goals. It is intended to feel like a nice bonus for dedicated players, but rarely feel critical. Right now, it can sometimes feel too punishing to leave a ritual playlist, but this is being partially driven by Gambit/Vanguard reputations moving slower than intended combined with the ritual ornaments being on the second reset. We want to see how the tweaks to Vanguard reputation changes playstyle and hourly gain before we make any changes across the board.”
Something that is Changing
Starting in The Witch Queen, when double ranks (or rewards) are active, those activities will have a modifier on the launch screen to remind you.
Bungie discussed in an earlier TWAB, that the Season 13 Battlegrounds activities have been added to the Vanguard Strikes playlist, and this playlist has been renamed Vanguard Ops.
As a reminder, the four new Battlegrounds coming with the new Season are:
- Behemoth – Nessus
- Oracle – Nessus
- Hailstone – Europa
- Foothold – Cosmodrome
The actual Battlegrounds activities are the direct-launch/no-champion version of the Battleground, as these match the length and difficulty of most of the Strikes in the playlist. Any bounties, quests, Triumphs, or challenges used to reference strikes now references Vanguard Ops instead.
- Bungie removed strike-unique modifiers from Nightfalls starting at Hero.
- Bungie Comments in TWAB Regarding This: “We have been slowly iterating on the pressures and challenges we apply at each of the Nightfall difficulty ranks. One big outlier was the strike-specific modifiers with damage boosts and other effects that enhanced boss attacks. While some of them were cool and fun (who doesn’t like getting yeeted five miles by Sedia?), they were generally inconsistent and were pushing tactical play more than the intended buildcrafting. So, we have removed these from Nightfalls starting at Hero.”
- A new style of burn called Acute has been added – which will increase player damage taken from a specific element by 50 percent and increase player damage done by 25 percent. Most Nightfalls already had a 25 percent damage received modifier, so this will be an across-the-board increase of 25 percent in both directions for that element.
- Seasonal Strike modifiers that were introduced in Season 15 are being moved from the Vanguard playlist to Nightfalls. These are unique buffs and boosts that aid you if you lean into the combat themes of the Season – for Season 16, they are themed to Glaive and Void usage. These rotate weekly, and appear on all Hero, Legend, and Master Nightfalls.
- Bungie has also been iterating on how they communicate the shields present in a strike (if Match Game is on). Like the Legend and Master Lost Sectors, all Nightfall activities now have a modifier that lists the shields used.
Here’s a quick preview of some loot that you’ll be able to earn from Nightfalls next season. Look familiar?
Starting next season, there will be a single daily Lost Sector, which has both Legend and Master difficulties available at the same time (selectable at the entrance). Both difficulties give the same Exotic reward.
NOTE: The Lost Sectors page on this website and the Google schedule will be updated next season to reflect this change. The schedule will be updated manually everyday until the rotation is known, if it no longer is on a set rotation the schedule will most likely be removed.
Bungie did not mention any specific changes for Crucible or Iron banner in the last TWAB (Jan 27, 2022), They did address the longer respawn times that were implemented in the 30th Anniversary patch, and then removed a few days ago.
Here is Bungie’s comments on that:
“When we original implemented this change, we were hoping it would spread out the pace of combat and reduce the number of times players spawned in and were immediately killed by the same Super that had just wiped them out. Despite the initial intention, feedback has shown that this wasn’t the best solution for the issues we were trying to solve. When we looked at the data, we saw unclear/mixed messages, partially because we implemented the change at the same time as large ability tunings, and the start of the Dawning:
- Kills per minute were slightly down in the modes with longer respawns.
- Team score delta went up a little, but we saw the same jump at the start Season 15, and it eventually went away. This is likely a larger player base coming in during a new content drop.
- Match duration went up slightly in Control and Iron Banner, but not in Clash.
- Inversely, Mercy Rates are down in Control and Iron Banner, but up in Clash.
- The rate at which players quit went up slightly when these changes were introduced, but almost immediately came back down. In Control, 10% more games ended due to time. In Iron Banner, 5% more games ended due to time, but in Freelance Iron Banner, 5% less games ended due to time.
When looking at both feedback and analytics and seeing little definitively positive, it was the obvious choice to revert Crucible respawns back to their original values.” -Bungie
|NOTE: All changes coming next season (Season 16) will be added to this page. This will include any information highlighted in TWAB articles and may also contain any other important details.|
HDR CHANGES COMING IN SEASON 16
Here’s what you need to know about the HDR changes launching next month with The Witch Queen:
Windows 10 (and up): Windowed HDR is now supported.
- To use windowed HDR, players must have the in-game HDR option enabled, and Windows 10 configured to have “Use HDR” enabled for the specific display.
- When playing Destiny in windowed HDR, the game will automatically swap between HDR and SDR if the window moves to a display without HDR support.
- All players (SDR or HDR) that use the software OBS on Windows 10 (and up) with Window Capture: ensure the ”Capture Method” is set to “Windows Graphics Capture” or capturing will display a black screen. The BitBlt setting will continue to work for previous versions of Windows.
Windows 10 (and up): Windowed Fullscreen should provide the same (or better) performance compared to exclusive Fullscreen.
- Under the hood, Destiny now uses DXGI flip model on Windows 10 (and up). Dig it and want to learn more? Check out more detailed information, which can be found here.
Screenshots are now supported when playing in HDR on PC.
- Screenshots must be taken using the in-game screenshot feature.
- HDR screenshots will be tone mapped to SDR and saved as lossless PNG files.
Display calibration improvements (all platforms).
- Players in HDR will see an updated calibration UI screen to adjust their settings.
- HDR calibration settings have been updated with friendlier functionality to accommodate the wide range of HDR display capabilities and viewing environments.
- SDR and HDR calibration settings are no longer stored account-wide and old settings have been reset.
- Display calibration settings are now stored per-platform: PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series S and X, PS4, PS5, and Stadia.
- SDR brightness settings no longer affect the game when playing in HDR.
- Xbox players going through new account bootflow will no longer be incorrectly shown the SDR calibration screen if HDR is active.
MEET & WELCOME NEW COMMUNITY MANAGER, BRUNO
I’m Bruno and I still can’t believe I’m joining the Bungie Community Team as the new Community Manager for Southern Europe and Latin America. The world is filled with awesome and passionate Guardians, and it will be my honor to serve you however you need.
I know that there are a lot of players to meet and a lot of places to be, but if us Hunters are known for something, it’s for having allies in every corner and for always being on the go. So, I’m ready for this mission! Now don’t give me that look: I might main an Arcstrider, but I love my three Guardian classes equally. I’m always jumping between them and trying new strats while raiding or playing Trials with friends. Using weird, but effective builds is one of my favorite things to do in the game!
I can’t wait to experience all the incredible things that are coming to Destiny 2 along with you, both as an avid player and as your new Community Manager. If you are a content creator, a veteran clan leader, or a New Light, please, feel free to reach me on Twitter. I want to know what your Guardian looks like, what you expect from me as a CM, what you think your local communities need and, of course, I want to hear all your ideas about how the game we all love can keep getting better. Oh, and memes, send them my way, too!
¡Nos vemos por la torre, Guardianes!”
-Bruno, Bungie Community Manager
Bungie Security Team laid out what’s been going on with some player bans and what’s next on the docket for BattlEye in the latest TWAB Article.
Bungie Security Team:
“Regular reviews of our processes, technology solutions, and community feedback are key elements to Bungie’s approach to security for its games. Today we are taking another step in our ongoing security journey at Bungie.
With the launch of Season 15, the Bungie Product Security organization began utilizing the BattlEye security suite. We are pleased to say that the security system has provided us with a monumental leap forward in our ability to monitor attacks that threaten Destiny operations and the player experience. It effectively prevents many actions from those who attempt to harm Bungie’s goal of building a community around our games that we can all be proud of. Its success protecting Destiny 2 has allowed us to safely review technologies and practices that were previously deemed too risky to the product and our players.
In December 2021, we began a survey of risky behaviors that we felt were mitigated by BattlEye. Based on the review we’ve identified 68 players that were banned in association with the use of ProcessHacker since August 2021. Of those, 61 players were identified as having no other indicators they were attempting to attack Destiny 2. These players were unbanned as of January 24th.
We expect this will not be the last time we unban players who were previously banned for security concerns. However, our efforts to review and improve our product security practices and methods means the unbans will be the result of disciplined investigation and our ever-evolving understanding of the risks to Bungie, Destiny 1 and 2, and, ultimately, to our players. The process will take time, and we thank you for your patience as we work to improve our games and your experience with them.”
Program Manager, Bungie Product Security
If you didn’t already know, there is currently a giveaway live on Discord right now (ends tonight at midnight PST) for a Digital copy of The Witch Queen (Standard Edition) on Steam! Make sure to join us on Discord and follow us on Twitter and Instagram to get the latest on Destiny 2.
As always I hope you all have a good weekend, take care!
FOLLOW & SUPPORT
Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will support me (commission is usually about 5% of the sale). You can also support me when signing up for Amazon/Twitch Prime or when purchasing eligible items using my Amazon Affiliate link. Your support is greatly appreciated, thank you! 🤍